Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2015, 11:53   #631

Hi friends, can someone please suggest which is the best brand for roof carrier for xuv we can get in gurgaon and which shop/dealer I can get that.
Old 13th September 2015, 10:57   #632
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Going to the dealership tomorrow, will confirm with the SA and update here.
Here`s the update.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ml#post3800854

Regarding the teflon coating the SA himself said that its just a normal wax/polish job so no special benefit of getting it done.

Queries :

1. They have a Silver W4 in stock but its June manufactured (decoded the vin), advisable to go for it or should i ask for one from a new batch ?
2. Would like to install a rear cam, the accessory department quoted one for 8.5k which has a separate screen, any inputs regarding this ?
faithless_1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th September 2015, 13:43   #633
BHPian

New minor issue - Rattle from the central waterfall console on even slightly rough roads. The sound comes from the lower half of the console and appears to be from behind the buttons.
Will get it checked in the first service which is near(4500kms now).
Old 13th September 2015, 13:57   #634
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravkhurana View Post
Hi friends, can someone please suggest which is the best brand for roof carrier for xuv we can get in gurgaon and which shop/dealer I can get that.
Go for the oem carrier for xuv 500 from dealership that is the best option.
Old 14th September 2015, 12:29   #635

Thanks Sunil. Did some research over the weekend and found there us a company in udyog vihar named bhimra which manufactures this rack for xuv and it's almost half the price of oem I.e 5500. And rest c track etc are also available in range of 6 k to 11 k.
But want help from this forum on their feedback.
Old 14th September 2015, 13:52   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Sunil. Did some research over the weekend and found there us a company in udyog vihar named bhimra which manufactures this rack for xuv and it's almost half the price of oem I.e 5500. And rest c track etc are also available in range of 6 k to 11 k.
Try to check the material weight and finish. If you find bhimra too flimsy then don't go for it. Also compare the mounting rubbers.
Old 14th September 2015, 14:06   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Queries :

1. They have a Silver W4 in stock but its June manufactured (decoded the vin), advisable to go for it or should i ask for one from a new batch ?
2. Would like to install a rear cam, the accessory department quoted one for 8.5k which has a separate screen, any inputs regarding this ?
1. Is this car the only one with June manufactured or there are couple more cars in the stockyard? Because I would suggest you to go from the latest lot,.i.e Aug 2015 based on my experience.

When I was buying my car in May I was showed a March manufactured car which was the only one present and I was OK with that until I found that the rear right door was replaced after a transit damage. I stood my ground and went for a April 2015 manufactured car. So please go for the recent model.

2. Check with them if they can install it for you if you get it from outside, as you might get at half a price outside. If they say no, then you can go ahead with the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
New minor issue - Rattle from the central waterfall console on even slightly rough roads. The sound comes from the lower half of the console and appears to be from behind the buttons.
Will get it checked in the first service which is near(4500kms now).
Is the small lid below open in your car with the 12V socket open? I am asking this because in my car I used to hear this rattling sound inconsistently and I informed the SA during service, but he said it was sound from the left passenger door and it has been corrected.

Recently I found that the 12V socket cap which is kept open in my car to connect dashcam was touching the lid and making that sound. Please check once before telling the SA. Hope this helps.
fusionbang is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2015, 16:06   #638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post

Is the small lid below open in your car with the 12V socket open? I am asking this because in my car I used to hear this rattling sound inconsistently and I informed the SA during service, but he said it was sound from the left passenger door and it has been corrected.

Recently I found that the 12V socket cap which is kept open in my car to connect dashcam was touching the lid and making that sound. Please check once before telling the SA. Hope this helps.
No its not because of the socket cap. The rattle is present even with the cap and the lid closed/open. The sound appears to emanate from within the console.
Old 14th September 2015, 17:56   #639
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
No its not because of the socket cap. The rattle is present even with the cap and the lid closed/open. The sound appears to emanate from within the console.
I am facing this issue since the time of purchase of vehicle. The sound is reproduced only when driving over roads which has rough surface (not potholes).

I remember seeing a post few months back that another member was able to fix it by opening dash and getting some bracket fixed. I was bit reluctant of getting dash opened, however went ahead and did the same during my 20 K service. Unfortunately the issue still exists.

As per service adviser, it can happen due to some nut getting loose near passenger foot well. In that case it is a straight forward fix. However, in my case it is not that and the sound is coming from behind console. It is mostly a trial and error method then.
Old 14th September 2015, 20:34   #640
BHPian

Can't the service guys open the console area and tighten everything up?
Old 14th September 2015, 23:23   #641
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilsoft View Post
Try to check the material weight and finish. If you find bhimra too flimsy then don't go for it. Also compare the mounting rubbers.

Ajanta seems to be a very good choice for carriers and other external accessories. Seeing them on many vehicles since many years. They are primarily based in Mumbai though, not sure about Delhi.
Old 15th September 2015, 19:53   #642
BHPian

Sorry if I am going off topic.

Went to Sheetal Motors twice to request a td. Both times they took down my number and email. Once got a call but vehicle didn't come on time. Second time, no response. The sales execs were super confident, bordering on arrogance.

Registered at the Mahindra website for a td. Getting daily calls from Mahindra call centre, saying that a local dealer will contact me.. nothing of the sort happening though. If this is the case before buying the vehicle, what will be after it
Old 15th September 2015, 20:29   #643
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreepathy View Post
Sorry if I am going off topic.

Went to Sheetal Motors twice to request a td. Both times they took down my number and email. Once got a call but vehicle didn't come on time. Second time, no response. The sales execs were super confident, bordering on arrogance.

Registered at the Mahindra website for a td. Getting daily calls from Mahindra call centre, saying that a local dealer will contact me.. nothing of the sort happening though. If this is the case before buying the vehicle, what will be after it
Oh, they should never have a waiting time for a TD of XUV. This is surprising. Are there any other dealer there you can try?
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2015, 20:37   #644
BHPian

Sheetal is next to my office, hence went there twice. There is one more dealer that I know -- Punjab Automobiles. I had requested the Mahindra call centre staff that I would prefer a td from PA. But there is no response from them too.

Sheetal is on the busy Ashram Road, so I guess they don't keep a td vehicle ready.

Last edited by sreepathy : 15th September 2015 at 20:41.
Old 16th September 2015, 11:54   #645
BHPian

Was planning to book a W8. Going through the niggles thread, I discovered many niggles in the infotainment. I have always owned Maruti cars which are niggle free and don't really like my vehicles troubling me every now and then. I am thinking of avoiding the infotainment all together and booking a W6. I know it has less safety features. Really confused how my ownership experience will be. Any inputs ?

Most Viewed