Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2015, 13:58   #661
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by adu View Post
Congrats Bala and welcome to the XUV club!

Need inputs from owners of XUV who have fitted the new version of the side steps as seen in Bala's vehicle. Is this strong and does it fit well onto the vehicle? Reason I am asking is, during my last visit to the ASC, the Manager there mentioned that this particular model is not very strong compared to some of the older ones in the market and that it could give way over time. I for one, love the design of this model and think it is the best fitting and looking side steps that has been developed for XUV so far. So, would appreciate any feedback from those who have used this as I am very keen to get this fitted to my XUV.

Thanks in advance guys.
Congrats Bala

adu -- I have got the same ones installed on my XUV W8, taken delivery on 5th Sep. The accessories guy at the dealership told me that these are newly designed for the facelifted XUV500 and look good. Mine is Sunsey Orange color
mm403 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 15:31   #662
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats Bala and welcome to the XUV club!

Need inputs from owners of XUV who have fitted the new version of the side steps as seen in Bala's vehicle. Is this strong and does it fit well onto the vehicle? Reason I am asking is, during my last visit to the ASC, the Manager there mentioned that this particular model is not very strong compared to some of the older ones in the market and that it could give way over time. I for one, love the design of this model and think it is the best fitting and looking side steps that has been developed for XUV so far. So, would appreciate any feedback from those who have used this as I am very keen to get this fitted to my XUV.

Thanks in advance guys.
I have them on my XUV. Installed it last year and till now no problems. Just that in one or two the silver ribs you see has worn off.
Old 19th September 2015, 17:07   #663

HI all

I am looking at a used xuv 500 w10 and it has run 3300 kms

its a june 2015 model

its NOT a AWD

what should i pay , the dealer is asking 17.25 and new is available for 18

again since it is from navi mumbai , i may have to bear the cost of transfer to mumbai.

car is in mint condition.

regards
Old 19th September 2015, 21:22   #664
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdpandit View Post
HI all

its a june 2015 model

its NOT a AWD

again since it is from navi mumbai , i may have to bear the cost of transfer to mumbai.

regards
No point. Buy a brand new one. Will enjoy a better resale value down the years.
rednikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2015, 21:32   #665
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
HI all

its a june 2015 model

its NOT a AWD

regards
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
No point. Buy a brand new one. Will enjoy a better resale value down the years.
I agree with rednikhil. However it is not just the resale value that would matter, but most importantly it is the peace of mind. Are you aware how the car has been used for the last 3 months and 3K kms? You may definitely save 75K, but then if any major issue has happened with the car in last 3 months they you may land yourself in big trouble. Also any idea why the seller is selling a brand new car within 3 months?

My suggestion would be to go for a brand new XUV from the showroom.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2015, 19:27   #666

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I agree with rednikhil. However it is not just the resale value that would matter, but most importantly it is the peace of mind. Are you aware how the car has been used for the last 3 months and 3K kms? You may definitely save 75K, but then if any major issue has happened with the car in last 3 months they you may land yourself in big trouble. Also any idea why the seller is selling a brand new car within 3 months?

My suggestion would be to go for a brand new XUV from the showroom.
Thanks for the quick reply.

What if I bring my mechanic for a thorough checkup and bargain hard to bring the price to 16.5 lacs vs 18 lacs with transfer included to Mumbai.

And if not 16.5, then at what price?

Should I say no to the seller?

16.0 or 16.75.

Again thanks to Autoindian and Rednikhil.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2015 at 11:53. Reason: Poorly typed post
Old 20th September 2015, 20:02   #667
BHPian

I think unless you get it for 16L, then no point in going for this deal. As everyone said, better to go for a new one, instead of a used one to save few thousands.

BTW, any idea why the seller is disposing the new vehicle?
Old 20th September 2015, 21:42   #668
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
I think unless you get it for 16L, then no point in going for this deal. As everyone said, better to go for a new one, instead of a used one to save few thousands.

BTW, any idea why the seller is disposing the new vehicle?
Exactly, I agree with Indian. First you need to understand why the person is selling within 3 months of buying the car. What is the reason for him to take a huge depreciation hit and dispose off the car?

If you really want to go ahead with this deal, then get the service history checked from the authorized service centre. Check if any insurance was claimed. Consider this car only if it is accident free and no insurance has been claimed.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2015 at 11:53. Reason: Removing quoted post which has been edited
Old 20th September 2015, 21:59   #669
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

its a june 2015 model

Bargain & bargain hard. IMHO, price should be negotiated/bargained at ex-showroom price of the car and you are anyways going to re-register it, so that cost should be made up if you are buying it used [This is strictly my opinion]

1L+ off on ex-showroom, at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Exactly, I agree with Indian. First you need to understand why the person is selling within 3 months of buying the car. What is the reason for him to take a huge depreciation hit and dispose off the car?

If you really want to go ahead with this deal, then get the service history checked from the authorized service centre. Check if any insurance was claimed. Consider this car only if it is accident free and no insurance has been claimed.
+1 to all this. But I wouldn't be too bothered if there are no claims and no history when doing the VIN check.

There are all kind of probabilities if one decides to sell a car and some can be weird & hard to believe. A through check, VIN check and insurance claim check should be suffice. But bargain...no one would buy a used car for that much premium, one would rather buy a W6/W8.
Old 20th September 2015, 22:08   #670
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
[*]The brakes are really sharp. Straight-line stopping is top notch. I hope this upgrade is available for earlier-gen owners as well.
Has anyone explored if the new brakes are available for earlier-gen XUV? Would love to pay if required.
Old 22nd September 2015, 15:21   #671
adu
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
Congrats Bala

adu -- I have got the same ones installed on my XUV W8, taken delivery on 5th Sep. The accessories guy at the dealership told me that these are newly designed for the facelifted XUV500 and look good. Mine is Sunsey Orange color
mm403, can you confirm if the side step hinders placing the jack and lifting the vehicle in the event of a flat that needs to be changed? Reason I am asking is because it seems to cover the area where we need to place the jack and was wondering if you had any inputs around this?

Also, can any other XUV owners who have installed the side step shed some light on this?
Old 23rd September 2015, 12:44   #672
BHPian

Quote:
mm403, can you confirm if the side step hinders placing the jack and lifting the vehicle in the event of a flat that needs to be changed? Reason I am asking is because it seems to cover the area where we need to place the jack and was wondering if you had any inputs around this?

Also, can any other XUV owners who have installed the side step shed some light on this?
Hi Adu. The side step doesnt hinder in placing the jack, it just hides the spot where the jack is supposed to be placed due to its size. You can check by looking at it after its installed.
This side step was available earlier as well, I have not faced any issue in lifting the vehicle even once.
Ritesh_Dogar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2015, 16:48   #673
BHPian

I am curious to know the ICE upgrade options for the W6/W8 and also presume you'd need to take off the 3rd row to house a proper sub-woofer ?

Gyan please !
Old 24th September 2015, 09:12   #674
Senior - BHPian

New addition to the family. Will make a proper ownership thread soon. Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_20150922_172528.jpg  

faithless_1984 is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 09:58   #675
BHPian

Congratulations faithless_1984, welcome to XUV owner's club. Wishing you lot of happy miles in the beast and looking forward to your ownership report.
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed