Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2015, 10:01   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
New addition to the family. Will make a proper ownership thread soon. Cheers.
Congratulations buddy Wish you happy munching miles with the beast

I think till now we don't have a detailed ownership report on a W4 model on T-BHP. It would be great if you can draft a detail report with lot of pictures.
fusionbang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 10:50   #677
BHPian

Congratulations faithless_1984, your XUV looks really good.
rdhawan15 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 11:10   #678
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats buddy. The lack of chrome on bumpers is actually looking better. Any plans to get the fog lamps fitted ?
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2015, 19:34   #679
BHPian

Congratulations faithless_1984. Happy mile munching.
avi@98 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 02:44   #680
BHPian

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Congratulations faithless1984. Which make of tyre did you get ? Also could you post some interior pictures please. Haven't seen the interiors of a facelift w4 yet.

Last edited by pgupta : 25th September 2015 at 02:45.
Old 25th September 2015, 08:18   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations! Drive safe
Any mods planned? The only problem I see with the W4 is the blank area on the dash where the screen is placed in the higher versions. That looks spartan, rest all is rather cool in full - black
rednikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 09:30   #682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Haven't seen the interiors of a facelift w4 yet.
Here are some from a few months back: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3732947
Tanmay K is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 10:06   #683
BHPian

Question for the new age XUV owners:

Do you guys also have this issue of XUV engine feeling strained for about 10 to 15 minutes after the start (or for 3 to 4 KMs distance)? I follow the engine idling religiously before I hit the pedals, still the engine makes a creaking sound for first 10 to 15 minutes when I try to accelerate in any gear. After that, it becomes smooth and no such strain on the engine observed. Is this normal or should I get it checked?
Old 25th September 2015, 10:22   #684
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
The suspension bottomed out twice on very bad roads and the lower plastic guard came off on one side. The ground clearance is a pain, everything hangs too low. The approach and departure angles are also less. What we found out was that it is an excellent cruiser but cannot beat the body-on-frame SUVs in terms of ruggedness.
One more thing that bhpian Himadrimondal (with his vast experience of driving in the hills) pointed out is that the turbo lag in the first gear might be a bit of concern in stop-start conditions on the inclines. We need to hear from first hand experiences of the owners regarding this.
So true. Had there been a bit more GC with decent approach angle & breakover angle [departure is ok IMHO] I would have had one in my garage in AWD format.

I miss the XUV's engine torque/mapping & 6th gear over the boring dual carriage ways.

Won't AWD engage mode take care of torque in 1st gear?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Do you guys also have this issue of XUV engine feeling strained for about 10 to 15 minutes after the start (or for 3 to 4 KMs distance)? I follow the engine idling religiously before I hit the pedals, still the engine makes a creaking sound for first 10 to 15 minutes when I try to accelerate in any gear. After that, it becomes smooth and no such strain on the engine observed. Is this normal or should I get it checked?
Idling rule helps to get turbo its oil, but not necessarily in all components. Don't you feel gear box is sticky in 1st in a cold start, across all vehicles?

I, ideally ride the torque wave for ~5kms/5 mins and shift/downshift under 2k and keep it below that. Let the oil circulate properly and let the engine reach its optimum operating temperature. This is true for all cars/engines unless you are riding/driving track spec engine.

Build revs/speeds slowly when starting.

Last edited by Sheel : 25th September 2015 at 10:27.
Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 10:26   #685
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do you guys also have this issue of XUV engine feeling strained for about 10 to 15 minutes after the start (or for 3 to 4 KMs distance)?
First Service done? It may disappear after first service.

I have observed that during first few minutes of start in the day engine makes bigger noise like a tractor. Try that in the morning with your windows rolled down and music off. But after driving for 5 minutes with second gear without accelerator input it is very normal. I observed that in this duration if i keep higher gears and lower RPMs, the trickling sound is more. But all of this is hardly for 5 minutes. Once the engine is kind of hot, I don't see that happening with my XUV. But since you mentioned 15 minutes, you may want to check with your SA once.
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 12:22   #686
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations faithless_1984, welcome to XUV owner's club. Wishing you lot of happy miles in the beast and looking forward to your ownership report.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhawan15 View Post
Congratulations faithless_1984, your XUV looks really good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
Congratulations faithless_1984. Happy mile munching.
Thanks a lot guys !

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
Congratulations faithless1984. Which make of tyre did you get ? Also could you post some interior pictures please. Haven't seen the interiors of a facelift w4 yet.
Thanks, i got JK Elanzo`s, will post more pics soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rednikhil View Post
Congratulations! Drive safe
Any mods planned? The only problem I see with the W4 is the blank area on the dash where the screen is placed in the higher versions. That looks spartan, rest all is rather cool in full - black
Thanks and i agree with you but there is no easy way to upgrade the audio so will just have to live with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post

I think till now we don't have a detailed ownership report on a W4 model on T-BHP. It would be great if you can draft a detail report with lot of pictures.
Thanks ! Would love to post a detailed ownership thread as even i had trouble finding info regarding this model online ,just have to find the time somehow(perils of running a startup).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Congrats buddy. The lack of chrome on bumpers is actually looking better. Any plans to get the fog lamps fitted ?
Thanks, i cant stand anything chrome so this is a blessing. Fog lamps are definitely on my list but they are not available with the dealerships right now.

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 25th September 2015 at 12:25.
faithless_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 13:12   #687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post

I observed that in this duration if i keep higher gears and lower RPMs, the trickling sound is more. But all of this is hardly for 5 minutes. Once the engine is kind of hot, I don't see that happening with my XUV. But since you mentioned 15 minutes, you may want to check with your SA once.
No Avinash, First service is still due. I agree with you that at higher gears in lower RPMs, this sound is more (only during that initial 10 minutes or so). I also have to climb up the ramp from office basement in the evenings soon after starting the vehicle. It usually cruises well in the second gear, but sometimes when there is some obstruction on the ramp and I need to downshift to 1st gear and hit the accelerator, things become worse

I will anyway check this during first service which is due shortly. Looks like not something which is very specific to my monster alone.

Well, sometimes I feel that I am reading too much into XUV niggles thread and if I don't have a niggle with my vehicle, having that uncomfortable feeling, as if I am missing something
Indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2015, 16:00   #688
BHPian

Hi,

I am newbie to Team BHP and also owner of New Age XUV5OO W10 AWD model. I’ve been following this thread since beginning and got lot of useful tips for the latest models, thanks to everyone.

I’d like to raise a query for which I have not got any convincing reply so far, I have driven my XUV5OO around 4K and recently noticed that while engaging first gear (but not releasing the clutch), I feel a little push from back wheels, it doesn't feel when you are in moving condition but when you stop your vehicle and then engage any gear in stationary position this jerk is felt.

This is not happening all the time but once a while, I took the SUV to service center but the service advisor didn’t feel anything, may be he didn't notice it the way I feel it.
Any AWD owners notice this kind of push from back wheels, is it normal for AWD model or there is some issue.
Old 25th September 2015, 22:20   #689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionbang View Post

Mine is currently in the assembly line , soon should be out as probably the first W4 ownership report.
pgupta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2015, 09:48   #690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post

I have observed that during first few minutes of start in the day engine makes bigger noise like a tractor. Try that in the morning with your windows rolled down and music off. But after driving for 5 minutes with second gear without accelerator input it is very normal. I observed that in this duration if i keep higher gears and lower RPMs, the trickling sound is more. But all of this is hardly for 5 minutes. Once the engine is kind of hot, I don't see that happening with my XUV. But since you mentioned 15 minutes, you may want to check with your SA once.
I guess it is similar with all XUVs. It's although better when I idle the engine for a minute after turning the ignition on. The coarse noise is there on a cold start only, moreover on my car, it stays max for two minutes or so. 10-15 mins means about 5-6 Kms on an average traffic road.

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 26th September 2015 at 09:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks