Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2015, 19:16   #706
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
I am going to highlight this to Mahindra and see what they have to say. It has become a scary affair to drive through rains in Kerala as most of the roads in kerala has waterlogging during monsoons. I never had this fear in mind with my earlier cars.

So my advice to all owners is take it slow and easy and be extra cautious if you drive an XUV when it rains and I do not want any others to go through the situation I faced last week.
I suggest that you invest in good wet grip tyres since you live in place where monsoon/rainy season is long. Preferably AT tyres with wide groves and good wet road performance- some come with self cleaning treads which squeeze out more water than the normal HT tyres. I had good experience with Yokohama Geolander ATS on my Jeep. I didn't install them on my XUV as there were reports of weak side wall from many owners. However their wet road performance is very good.
vaspro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 20:54   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
I suggest that you invest in good wet grip tyres since you live in place where monsoon/rainy season is long. Preferably AT tyres with wide groves and good wet road performance- some come with self cleaning treads which squeeze out more water than the normal HT tyres. I had good experience with Yokohama Geolander ATS on my Jeep. I didn't install them on my XUV as there were reports of weak side wall from many owners. However their wet road performance is very good.
There are two issues here. One is water splashing and second is aquaplaning. Probably aquaplaning can be reduced with AT tyres but I doubt if water splashing issue can be rectified.

I have written to Mahindra customer care on this issue and lets see what Mahindra has to say on this.
S5157 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 22:27   #708
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post
There are two issues here. One is water splashing and second is aquaplaning. Probably aquaplaning can be reduced with AT tyres but I doubt if water splashing issue can be rectified.

I have written to Mahindra customer care on this issue and lets see what Mahindra has to say on this.
Yes I am talking about Aquaplaning issue. It could be reduced by proper Wet grip tyres. Water splashing issues is different.

An interesting point I noticed while reading some foreign forums is that Tyres push forward lot of water which then gets lifted by the air and splashes onto windshield. None of the forums were talking about Fenders, rather they attribute it to tyres.
Old 30th September 2015, 13:06   #709
BHPian

I had reported few pages back that a colleague backed his City into the driver side door of my Cheetah in the office parking.

So after a 1000 KMS drive through Konkan (was great, the Cheetah behaved flawlessly), gave the car for denting and painting to my trusted local independent workshop. The result was that the dents were removed, finish was good, but the colour was not a good match.

Not being satisfied (hey we bhpians are not satisfied easy!), decided to bite the bullet and give it to the dealer workshop (Global Gallarie) for another try. Global Gallarie has built a dedicated body shop at a independent location. Good Operation.

Coming back to the point, the Cheetah has been with them since Monday, they have painted twice and still failed to match the colour .

First time it was a bit too white, then it was a bit too off-white. Now they have called in expert from PPG (supplier of paints to Mahindra) to help them. There's another Pearl White Cheetah with them for a paint job that they have put on hold till they get this right.

The situation, as I understand is this (experts please correct). The Pearl White finish requires three coat:
1: Base Coat: The primary colour coat that gives the color.
2: Pearl Coat: This gives the pearl finish to the paint. Is kind of colorless with the metallic element suspended in it.
3. Clear Coat: Gives the shine.

Mahindra have done something unusual. The Base Coat is white(ish), the Pearl Coat contains a tinge of yellow. This gives the Pearl White Cheetah the finish we are all fans of.

I saw the colour code supplied by PPG to dealership for the Base Coat. Its white(ish), however the Pearl Coat was transparent, resulting in the end result being a bit too white first time around. Second time they compensated with a yellow tinge for the Base Coat (leaving Pearl Coat as is) resulting in the end result being a bit too yellow. Now they have decided to let the expert come in and advice them before taking another shot at the door.

Long story short, fans of the New Pearl White colour, you have been warned!

Damn, only if they had AWD in red

Last edited by sumithb : 30th September 2015 at 13:08. Reason: Grammatical corrections.
sumithb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 16:57   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post

Long story short, fans of the New Pearl White colour, you have been warned!
Oh, really !! I thought white would be the easiest one to get re-painted

On the other-note, white cars are also more prone for theft
(article from Economic times below) :

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/45748126.cms

Now, am wondering why did I buy the White beast !!!
Old 1st October 2015, 07:24   #711

Looks like I'll be joining the owner's club anytime soon! My cheetah is scheduled for a warm welcome at home on October 8th. I booked the w8 model from TVS , Alappuzha(KL). Got massive massive discounts . Since I used to work in service department of Hyundai, I knew how to play hard ball with the dealership management. I was lucky enough to have my uncle join the game. He also booked the same model. I had a TD on 15th. I took me a couple of weeks to make a decision. I managed to squeeze corporate bonus, exchange bonus and almost everything you could possibly extract from them.

If you have connections at the RTO, it is profitable to pay the taxes and registration fee by yourself. I was quoted 98k for my bike including registration and stuff from the showroom. But, when I did the whole thing by myself, it reached only 93k!

I'll update the total cost after I get the cheetah home 😋
stephencherian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 09:34   #712
BHPian

The Aquaplaning and water splashing issue has been highlighted to customer care. The customer care manager from Kochi has mentioned that he will report the issue to product team and will share the findings soon. Hope some fix will be done by Mahindra.

A vehicle with so many safety features can't be unstable or unsafe than a car with half the features and half the cost.
S5157 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st October 2015, 12:26   #713
Senior - BHPian

Did not expect a niggle so soon but unfortunately Mahindra has done it again !
Noticed a grinding sound while the 4th gear is engaged so investigated it for a couple of days, if i hold the lever it stops but i can still feel the vibrations. Took it to the service center where the senior technician asked the car to be left for a day to do a proper analysis, he assured me that its just a minor thing. Will take the car tomorrow. Anybody else faced this issue ? Any inputs how to tackle this ?

Last edited by faithless_1984 : 1st October 2015 at 12:36.
Old 1st October 2015, 13:05   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by faithless_1984 View Post
Did not expect a niggle so soon but unfortunately Mahindra has done it again !
Noticed a grinding sound while the 4th gear is engaged so investigated it for a couple of days, if i hold the lever it stops but i can still feel the vibrations. Any inputs how to tackle this ?
Hey faithless_1984, Could it be because the gear is not slotting into place properly? Are you sure the clutch was completely floored? These questions are pretty basic but the clutch has a long travel and hence making sure.
Old 2nd October 2015, 17:43   #715
BHPian

I can hear a grinding noise but only when I am turning the steering towards right. On left, there is no issue. My first service is due in the next 200-300 km. Will inform the service guys.
Old 3rd October 2015, 08:18   #716

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storme_on_d_way View Post
I can hear a grinding noise but only when I am turning the steering towards right. On left, there is no issue. My first service is due in the next 200-300 km. Will inform the service guys.
As far as I know, a small grinding noise while turning the steering could be because of damage to either EPS motor or EPS module. It is claimable under warranty. I remember many many Verna customers complaining of the same when I used to work at a Hyundai dealership.
Old 3rd October 2015, 10:08   #717
Team-BHP Support

Mahindra XUV500 – 1.5 lakh sales up!

Mahindra has announced that the XUV500 has crossed the sales milestone of 1,50,000 units, including exports. The crossover has also completed four years on global roads.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-xuv1.png

The XUV500 was launched in September 2011. It was designed in-house at Mahindra’s research and development facility, Mahindra Research Valley (MRV) in Chennai.

In May 2015, Mahindra launched a facelifted version of the XUV500 called the New Age XUV500. The vehicle is available in six variants – W4, W6, W8, W8 AWD, W10 and W10 AWD. The W10 trim level comes with features such as electric sunroof, static bending headlamps, projector headlamps with guide lights, alloy wheels, door mirrors with logo projection puddle lamps, a 6-way power-adjustable driver's seat, a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, Mahindra Blue Sense app, a reverse camera and keyless entry & go (start/stop button) among others. Safety features such as dual airbags and ABS with EBD are included as a part of standard equipment across all trim levels.

The XUV500 is powered by a 2.2-litre, 4-cylinder mHawk diesel engine that develops 140 BHP @ 3,750 rpm and 330 Nm of torque @ 1,600-2,800 rpm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission and features Mahindra’s micro-hybrid technology.

Prices (ex-showroom, Delhi):
  • W4 – Rs. 11,29,394
  • W6 – Rs. 12,57,048
  • W8 – Rs. 14,30,555
  • W8 AWD – Rs. 15,11,846
  • W10 – Rs. 15.19,053
  • W10 AWD – Rs. 16,19,504
Aditya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2015, 10:52   #718
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
Hey faithless_1984, Could it be because the gear is not slotting into place properly? Are you sure the clutch was completely floored? These questions are pretty basic but the clutch has a long travel and hence making sure.
Don`t think so, 2 guys from the service center took a TD of the vehicle and both of them noticed the issue. Was not able to take the car to the center due to work commitments so the issue is still pending.
Old 3rd October 2015, 12:16   #719
BHPian

http://m.autocarindia.com/Article.as...Feature&page=1

The XUV's AWD system behaves poorly in this Autocar comparison. As an AWD owner, I am disappointed to read this.
Old 3rd October 2015, 12:49   #720
Senior - BHPian

I understand that there are 2 a/c blowers mounted on the B pillars for the second row.

This means the third passenger has no separate blower . Is the third passenger better "cooled" with a roof mounted a/c - like in the Safari or the Ertiga than the XUV ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks