Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 22nd October 2015, 17:00   #796
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Hi,

I am looking out to buy a XUV under my company lease program, but the cap is 12 lakhs Ex Show room. Hence my only option would be W4 version.

Could somebody post some pictures of the interiors of this version along with any other snaps of the vehicle. Visited a couple of dealerships also, but in vain. Seems nobody has the W4 version with them, almost everybody telling me that they expecting some stocks very soon.

Kaushal
Old 22nd October 2015, 19:32   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Members from Hyderabad/Secunderabad I need some help. I have just got my permanent registration number and want to get a new set of number plates for my new age cheetah. What is the best place in Hyd/ Sec' bad for quality and variety of number plates. Also what is the best kind or type of number plates which will look good on a moondust silver cheetah. I don't want anything crazy looking. Regards
I am in Pune/Mumbai - so I cannot help you with a suggestion for a good source.

However, I would like to add a small (2 cents) - to the criteria - add legal plate.

(For example) Keep following in mind
- no information other than the number (like name, logo, quote, image, etc)
- English
- use legally approved fonts and sizes (I do not know which are approved)

I have not searched that way - but I guess you can use the forum to find more details. And you can get additional info using good old Google.
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2015, 21:54   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
However, I would like to add a small (2 cents) - to the criteria - add legal plate.

(For example) Keep following in mind
- no information other than the number (like name, logo, quote, image, etc)
I have a question here.
I have seen many dealers putting a sticker which has the name of dealership on the number plate below the number. Is it illegal
Old 22nd October 2015, 22:38   #799
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
I have a question here.
I have seen many dealers putting a sticker which has the name of dealership on the number plate below the number. Is it illegal
On the number plate has to be illegal, Recently i have seen VW putting on a sticker on the rear window, Even with my new age XUV, The number plate given by the dealership had their contact information on it.
Old 23rd October 2015, 00:52   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
On the number plate has to be illegal, Recently i have seen VW putting on a sticker on the rear window, Even with my new age XUV, The number plate given by the dealership had their contact information on it.
Earlier the dealers used to give number plates along with the purchase of a car, I am not aware whether that was a dealer promo or given by the manufacturer. When I asked the dealer for blank number plates for the cheetah he flatly refused. Can anybody confirm if the dealer is supposed to provide number plates free of cost for new purchase.
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:08   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm403 View Post
I have a question here.
As far as I know - 'ILLEGAL'!
I guess it is not as if every policeman is going to stop you and question you. However, if someone wants to split hair - you would have to handle the 'consequences'! I hope you know what I mean....
Old 23rd October 2015, 16:21   #802

Any recommendations for a good wheel balancing & alignment place in Gurgaon?
Old 23rd October 2015, 22:00   #803
BHPian

Mathew Hayden appointed as brand ambassador for Mahindra in Australia.

Source: Mahindra XUV 5OO facebook page

Quote:
Mathew Hayden begins a new innings as the brand ambassador for Mahindra in Australia. Here’s what he had to say.
“Becoming a brand ambassador is something I don’t take on lightly. Infact I share similar values and a love of the outdoors. Further I was impressed with Mahindra’s commitment to developing quality products for the Australian conditions and that made it an easy decision for me to jump on board.”
Old 25th October 2015, 17:47   #804
BHPian

Got a question for XUV owners, how do you deal with the bugs hitting the radiator grill? Every time I do a highway run, my car ends up with lot of bugs splattered on windshield, stuck in the bonnet line and several end up on the radiator. Its very difficult to clean the radiator grill, did anyone installed a insect screen/mesh for the new age XUV?
Old 25th October 2015, 18:07   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaspro View Post
Got a question for XUV owners, how do you deal with the bugs hitting the radiator grill? Every time I do a highway run, my car ends up with lot of bugs splattered on windshield, stuck in the bonnet line and several end up on the radiator. Its very difficult to clean the radiator grill, did anyone installed a insect screen/mesh for the new age XUV?

I have also observed the same but is it a problem ? I mean do we need to clean the radiator grill after such a drive ? And what can go wrong in this case.
Old 25th October 2015, 18:30   #806

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark_iv View Post
Any recommendations for a good wheel balancing & alignment place in Gurgaon?
The Goodyear shop near Karims and Autozone sec 14 is the best this side of NH 8. I went there yesterday for my honda city(which I have sadly neglected after I bought xuv) and he went ahead and diagnosed a few other issues in suspension while fitting wheels. I am their regular and Happy customer since past 5 years or so.
Old 25th October 2015, 23:59   #807
Senior - BHPian

After clocking just about 9000 Kms, The car has developed a knocking/Clicking sound from the engine bay which is very audible from the outside even when the car is stationary, Any idea anyone?
Old 26th October 2015, 10:19   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgupta View Post
I have also observed the same but is it a problem ? I mean do we need to clean the radiator grill after such a drive ? And what can go wrong in this case.
Foul smell starts seeping into the cabin if I switch on fresh air mode, also Radiator fins should be kept clean for it to be effective. On my Bangalore-Hyderabad drive, bug hits are so many that I had to get the car washed immediately on reaching Hyd.
Old 26th October 2015, 10:31   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Earlier the dealers used to give number plates along with the purchase of a car, I am not aware whether that was a dealer promo or given by the manufacturer. When I asked the dealer for blank number plates for the cheetah he flatly refused. Can anybody confirm if the dealer is supposed to provide number plates free of cost for new purchase.
Hey RajeVenu. I got my number plates free with my purchase. But they had the registered number on them. I had been offered the blank plates with the temporary registration sticker but I had insisted on a complete number plate at the time of delivery. Did he tell you why he wouldn't give you the blank plates? May be one can request the dealer to put the number in the style one wants, not sure if the dealer will oblige.

Cheers
Old 26th October 2015, 12:39   #810
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
After clocking just about 9000 Kms, The car has developed a knocking/Clicking sound from the engine bay which is very audible from the outside even when the car is stationary, Any idea anyone?
My car is around same ODO reading you mentioned but no such sound I am hearing with my car. In fact I see that after highway runs, the engine is much smoother and not much noise at idle state as it used to be earlier. May be just perception that I am getting used to the noise

Most Viewed