Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th January 2016, 09:22   #1021
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

For playback of the songs to start where you left off, please try this - Use a USB drive of no more than 16GB (try with 8GB if you have). before you copy the media on it, format with FAT32 type. I was earlier trying with 32GB drive and it was the issue. Since i reverted to 8GB, saw this not happening. But I have other issues like - Sound Setting (EQ) keeps changing/ reverting to FLAT mode. The navigation audio switches randomly between male and female voices.

My "IT joe" mind thinks that the reason for this inconsistency should be bunch of idiots at Visteon/ M&M who have forgot to clear the cache/ store last status info on the stack on all exit paths of their program
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2016, 10:42   #1022
Distinguished - BHPian

Rouf Rails Feasibility for XUV -

Out of curiosity, I reached out to Sun Decors in Coimbatore - http://www.roufrails.com/. Asked them if they can ship a rouf rail for XUV and what would be the cost. I received below information -

Quote:
Thank you so much for your valuable inquiry, and further to the discussions had with please find the below details for our products for your reference.

ROUFRAILS for the following branded vehicles & Models are available with us;
  • INNOVA
  • MARUTHI ERTIKA
  • HONDA MOBOLIO
  • CHEVROLET TAVERA
  • CHEVROLET ENJOY
  • MAHINDRA QUANTO
  • NISSAN EVALIA
  • TATA ARIA
  • FORD ECO SPORT
  • MAHINDRA XUV 500
  • RENALUD LODGIC

Roufrails luggage carrier per piece shall be.

XUV 500 per piece rate - 19000,00
VAT 14.5% - 2755.00
Packing & Transports - 1500.00
-------------
Total Amount 23,255.00
-------------

Kindly call us on us for any clarifications and acknowledge us through mail on acceptance of this offer.
Not sure how are the other carriers costs but at first glance this looks costly. Anyone here had this fitted or insights about costs of other carriers?

For reference, here is the picture of how it looks like after fitting -

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-dsc02685.jpg

IMG Source - Rouf Rail website.
Old 21st January 2016, 21:07   #1023
BANNED

Guys,

Was just reading through the Official review for the 8th time , I just saw the button on the instrumentation console pod. What is it for?

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-mahindraxuv500facelift07.jpg

See the yellow rectangle!
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2016, 22:34   #1024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
What is it for?
This button is to reset the TPMS Anurag. When you swap a tyre after puncture you need to use this button to do tyre learning.

Here is a video link on the same,

fusionbang is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 11:17   #1025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Rouf Rails Feasibility for XUV -

Out of curiosity, I reached out to Sun Decors in Coimbatore - http://www.roufrails.com/.

IMG Source - Rouf Rail website.
Even I was eyeing the same, but they never replied to my mail. I stay in Nagpur,so did not follow up. Please keep posted if you are able to bargain and arrive at a saner price.
Old 22nd January 2016, 15:50   #1026
BHPian

Mahindra launches 1.99 litre MHawk engine in Scorpio and XUV 500. That was fast!

http://auto.economictimes.indiatimes...r-ncr/50682404
Mohan Mathew A is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2016, 16:27   #1027
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohan Mathew A View Post
Mahindra launches 1.99 litre MHawk engine in Scorpio and XUV 500. That was fast!
This is super quick from Mahindra. It really shows the enthusiasm Mahindra has in the market. Good going Mahindra

Are these engines available across India or only in NCR?
Old 23rd January 2016, 17:18   #1028
BANNED

Hey guys, Yesterday three of us (two BHPians - Madhav14 & Me and one non-bhpian) went to check out the XUV 5OO W10.

We went to VVC Motors, Kondapur door where we had requested to get the details and TD of both the W10 MT and W10 AT. We were being guided by Mr Mohan Das during the TD and the interactions at the dealership that was almost full where people were checking the KUV100 and TUV300.

We took the TD of the W10 AT first in peak traffic for a length of may be 8-10 kms. I didn't drive it at all but was just a passenger to see for the AT variant feels.

XUV 5OO W10 - 6 speed AT

1. Engine & Gearbox: Nothing new to write about the engine but the gearbox is a nice unit with shifts seamlessly happening without letting the passengers know. Only the own observers will realize that a gear has changed. Higher gears are well spaced out but the 1st grade is short where it up-shifts pretty quick.

2. NVH: Coming from my Swift into this beast I'll rate the 7/10 all because of the rough note the car goes when getting off the line. It simply feels like I'm sitting inside Tata Marcopolo bus (AT blue colour) where it revv's too hard when getting off the line from a traffic signal. Once on the move the NVH levers are well within control.

BHPian Madhav14 was looking at getting the AT variant for his dad but the NVH issue is what he didn't like particularly so without going any further we went back to the showroom to TD the MT variant.

After we got to the showroom, the W10 MT was attached and kept ready for us to hop-in. The car had around 1000+ kms on the

XUV 5OO W10 - 6 speed MT

I'll put down the points of my observation. Pardon me as I was comparing the car with my Swift ask the whole during TD in no particular order.

1. Looks majestic and absolutely phenomenal road presence and respect from other road users. I was sitting almost equal to a Swaraj Mazda van.

2. Lovely key design feels very European with a unique design for the door handles that give a different value to the car when seen from outside and also while opening and closing. Doesn't impart a flimsy feel.

3. All doors feels strong and heavy where I couldn't shut the door in one-go. I like it!

4. Poor levels of fit and finish with rattles coming from the rear end of the car. The upper glove box lid wasn't fitting flush and looked very bad. And was the case with the fuel filler lid. IMO such silly things aren't acceptable when one is paying near 19L. My Swift feels much better in fit/finish levels even after 2 years and 68K kms.

5. Interiors on this car are just worth every praise. Be it the steering wheel design, central console it the twin-instrumentation console. I didn't explore the infotainment system though. Will keep it for the ownership review. Lighting for each person inside the car and they have aptly removed the last row lights in the facelift as in my case the last row seats will be folded 95% of the time. All the interiors lights are LED's? Are they?

6. Seating are large and comfortable. Finding my best driving position was easy thanks to 6-way electrically adjustable seat. From the showroom, I took charge first where in the return I hopped into the rear seat asking with Mr. Mohan to pester him with some question regarding the car. Space it just available at abundance and right said in the review, if the front seats are pushed ahead then it is Skoda Superb like legroom. Simply impressive. No two things about it. BHPian Madhav14 found that the under-thigh support was low when he was seated in the driver's seat.

7. When I adjusted the seat to the best I found during the drive, i had very little headroom left so I went down a bit but didn't compromise either. I can forgo this issue.

8. Ride quality was good but the suspension setup is on the smoother side. The third guy who accompanied us was almost getting vomiting sensation due to the excessive vertical movement experienced during braking. I didn't like this particularly too after living with the Swift that has no vertical movement and a stiffer suspension setup. I know it is a SUV with large dimensions but this somehow may not be appreciated by my family. Fingers Crossed.

9. This car has most of the DIY's that I have done in my Swift so no difficulty after the XUV 5OO comes home. All I am now searching is for an auto-dimming rear view mirror which will complete this "near-complete" car.

10. I have got a quote of Rs 19.5L including all formalities plus standard accessories that cost Rs 92,000. Can any current XUV owners post the list of all items that fall in the purview of "Standard Accessories". I could have asked him but it somehow slipped out of my mind completely but as per Mr. Mohan it consists of Front bull bar, rear bull bar, side step etc.

Here is the price list we got:

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-alb1ghadk1gok27kf3zlihssdb18cydl3bhv2wuzf.jpg

11. Torque steer is too evident is the accelerator pedal is pushed all the way down and this makes things too uncomfortable for other passengers so it is best to be gentle on the pedal when driving around with family to keep them normal and sane.

Uummm, not getting anything more to add so at the end of the day I am convinced with this offering from Mahindra. Hopefully things go as planned and I land up with a white XUV 5OO W10.

PS: No offence to any existing owners.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2016, 09:00   #1029
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys, Yesterday three of us (two BHPians - Madhav14 & Me and one non-bhpian) went to check out the XUV 5OO W10.
Hi Anurag,

Nice to have someone who is in the buying process of XUV500.

1)To start off Automotive in RP road have advised my father that they can provide only a 5km test drive. How can a customer who is plonking 15L on the vehicle can decide about his purchase with such a short ride. I will tell him to go and check VVC Motors as they look like a dealer who wants to sell their vehicle. Please advise

2) Hexa should be coming up pretty soon in the market, is there any reason for you to not wait for it?

3) I'm looking at purchasing the W6 model as we do not have the resources to exceed to a W8. Is it compulsory to take Accessories( would like to get some basic ones outside), if it's not then the OTR would be reduced by a great extent.

4) Is it a compulsion to pay Handling Charges fee of 7k, because I remember seeing a Supreme Court directive advising against paying handling charges.

Thanks,
Rohit

Last edited by Eddy : 24th January 2016 at 12:34. Reason: Quoting a large post hampers readability for our small screen users.
Old 24th January 2016, 12:03   #1030
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit.joshi View Post
1) I will tell him to go and check VVC Motors as they look like a dealer who wants to sell their vehicle. Please advise

2) Hexa should be coming up pretty soon in the market, is there any reason for you to not wait for it?

3)Is it compulsory to take Accessories

4) Is it a compulsion to pay Handling Charges fee of 7k
1. Please do go to VVC Motors for a better and clearer picture of the car and also for a better deal. AFAIK and IIRC, when we were out for the TD, I don't remember getting any restriction from Mr. Mohan in the distance. It was we ourselves who came back to showroom quickly.

2. Sorry buddy. For this question an answer will be a No. I am ardent follower and lover of Maruti Suzuki cars and my family are buying cars since 20 years. Call me crazy, I don't mind. Now when we have got a thought to go searching for a replacement in the 15L+ category and it must be a tall vehicle (read SUV), there is no car from Maruti hence we are shifting our loyalty base. Mahindra as a manufacturer is much better than Tata when it comes to their cars, customer care relations and problem solving time lines etc which turned the table in favor of Mahindra. So the only car that satisfied us is the XUV 5OO hence the decision to go ahead as a replacement car for my Swift ZDi.

3. I don't think he was pressuring on the accessories to be bought. It is up to the customer. If accessories isn't bought, the OTR comes down directly by 92000 which makes it 18.6L.

4. Didn't discuss this as I have another 5 to 6 months to buy the car. Why pester him from now only. I guess it is mandatory.

Last edited by a4anurag : 24th January 2016 at 12:12.
Old 24th January 2016, 15:20   #1031
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit.joshi View Post
Is it a compulsion to pay Handling Charges fee of 7k, because I remember seeing a Supreme Court directive advising against paying handling charges.
Hey Rohit,

Look at the post below in the Handling Charges Scam thread

Hand charges scam
Old 24th January 2016, 22:49   #1032
BHPian

Quote:
1. Please do go to VVC Motors for a better and clearer picture of the car and also for a better deal. AFAIK and IIRC, when we were out for the TD, I don't remember getting any restriction from Mr. Mohan in the distance. It was we ourselves who came back to showroom quickly.

2. Sorry buddy. For this question an answer will be a No. I am ardent follower and lover of Maruti Suzuki cars and my family are buying cars since 20 years. Call me crazy, I don't mind. Now when we have got a thought to go searching for a replacement in the 15L+ category and it must be a tall vehicle (read SUV), there is no car from Maruti hence we are shifting our loyalty base. Mahindra as a manufacturer is much better than Tata when it comes to their cars, customer care relations and problem solving time lines etc which turned the table in favor of Mahindra. So the only car that satisfied us is the XUV 5OO hence the decision to go ahead as a replacement car for my Swift ZDi.

3. I don't think he was pressuring on the accessories to be bought. It is up to the customer. If accessories isn't bought, the OTR comes down directly by 92000 which makes it 18.6L.

4. Didn't discuss this as I have another 5 to 6 months to buy the car. Why pester him from now only. I guess it is mandatory.
Hi Anurag,

Thank you so much for your response.

I will be in the market for my replacement in the same time frame as yours i.e in the month of June - July, might hold off for two more months if Dussherra season gets a lot of discounts and freebies.

I will be waiting for Hexa, because it looks like a complete package for my requirements of a 7-seater, SUV stance, boot space for luggage, power, features so on and so forth.

I am Tata Safari fanboy and if they launch a 3rd row front facing, would love to pick up one for sure.

Please if you can ping me your number(if that's fine for you), it would be helpful for a newbie like me in my car buying process.

Thanks,
Rohit
Old 25th January 2016, 01:48   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Folks, many of you may already know but one way to keep the XUV's low speed bumpy ride in control is by increasing the tire pressure to 33-34 range on all 4 wheels. Even the dealers are recommending that keep Bangalore's poor roads in mind. I moved to 33 all four about a month back and feel much happier. Its still no Duster but certainly the feeling of getting bounced around is reduced and suspension seems tighter. The big side wall is a contributor to softness in ride.
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2016, 15:54   #1034
BHPian

I have bought Pearl white XUV 500 -W8 on 29th November 2015 & It came with Apolo Apteras. Current ODO reads 2270kms.
Previous car was a Tata Manza (2011-AuraAbs-Quadrajet-Sold on 14/11/2015 at 64000kms).
I find the city as well highway ride quality in the Xuv to be very bumpy.
Suddenly, in my daily office commutes i have started discovering more and more small potholes and road unevenness which i otherwise never noticed in the Manza.
I have tried various air pressure combinations & currently it is at 32psi in front and 30 psi in Rear. Last week while driving back from Silvassa with fully loaded boot and 5 occupants, i and my family was ruffled by XUV's excessive vertical movements on 1 of those bridges with uneven joints between the slabs.
(Where the Manza probably would have just glided without anyone observing any scary vertical movement-(Manza's ride quality seems to have spoilt me))
My queries to other owners here is:
1)Will inflating to slightly higher pressure 33 or 34 psi all round help?
(as indicated in above post)

2)Is this type of difference in ride quality of the sedan and a Suv normal?
(Also the Manza was riding on Yokohama C drives, whereas the Xuv has Apolo Apteras)

3)Xuv suspensions are not silent like it was in the Manza ,Xuv suspensions make a few peculiar noises(THUP THUP) on potholes (if you don’t slow down
for them). Can it be due hard rubber compound tyres?

4)Or do i need to get the suspensions on my new XUV checked?
(I test drove the test drive vehicle from the showroom for a very short distance again after observing this noise in my Xuv , the test drive Xuv had Bridgstone duellers and this noise was lesser.)

Special thanks to Tanveerr_2558 who has been extremely instrumental, helpful and patient in my decision making process even when not knowing me personally. I also owe thanks to all the popular Xuv stalwarts here on teambhp.com whose ownership reviews has helped me to be mentally prepared on the various ownership niggles one needs to factor while buying a car.

Last edited by madhu33 : 25th January 2016 at 16:02. Reason: proof read for grammatical & spelling errors
Old 25th January 2016, 15:59   #1035
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
1)Will inflating to slightly higher pressure 33 or 34 psi all round help?

2)Is this type of difference in ride quality of the sedan and a Suv normal?

3)Xuv suspensions make a few peculiar noises(THUP THUP) on potholes. Can it be due hard rubber compound tyres ?

4)Or do i need to get the suspensions on my new XUV checked?
Congrats!

1 - Keep tyre pressure 32 all for normal road, 33 for bumpy road.
2 - SUVs riding is different than sedans. XUV is slightly towards Sedan type. Different body style, different dynamics and handling is obvious. You will find that in other SUVs as well. But XUV much like a car, but NOT exactly a car!
3 - That must be gas struts. It is not at all abnormal. Should be ok. But if you had a thud that is associated with bumpy ride, you should check it once.
4 - Answered above.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks