Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:45   #1051
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelchandra View Post
I asked a query about the reliability of XUV over a period of 9-10yrs ownership. Can someone help me on this.
The age of XUV itself is too low. The vehicle was launched around 5 years ago. So commenting on 9-10 years ownership is actually going to be extrapolation. Having said this, numerous ownership threads, passionate write ups of wanderlust traveller, expert comments on various observations in test drive threads should give you enough idea about it. And to top it, do look at niggles thread as well. It may just help balance things in right spirit
abirnale is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd February 2016, 15:51   #1052
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
The age of XUV itself is too low. The vehicle was launched around 5 years ago. So commenting on 9-10 years ownership is actually going to be extrapolation. Having said this, numerous ownership threads, passionate write ups of wanderlust traveller, expert comments on various observations in test drive threads should give you enough idea about it. And to top it, do look at niggles thread as well. It may just help balance things in right spirit
Thanks Abrinale. That's the only thread that always pulls me back from going to XUV. However, i wanted a motor-head to validate those point i was asking. I have read all the reviews but still in two minds. This is simply because of the feel(not so positive) that i get when i drive this car/SUV. I should probably edit my question to 5yrs ownership so that i can get an answer which is close to what i am looking. To be honest, i am just wanting positive reasons to buy an XUV :-)
Old 3rd February 2016, 16:03   #1053
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
To be honest, i am just wanting positive reasons to buy an XUV :-)
Well, in this case, you should just go for it! Always note, if your heart is sold on it, you will find every reason to make that decision right but if you have slightest doubts, you should stay away. I own a W10 and I have not faced any niggles to date *touchwood* except that I have some created myself like HID setup

But if you ask me, to date the only sour thing if at all - I should have bought an AWD to make the package complete! But no regrets whatsoever.
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:36   #1054
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Well, in this case, you should just go for it! Always note, if your heart is sold on it, you will find every reason to make that decision right but if you have slightest doubts, you should stay away. I own a W10 and I have not faced any niggles to date *touchwood* except that I have some created myself like HID setup

But if you ask me, to date the only sour thing if at all - I should have bought an AWD to make the package complete! But no regrets whatsoever.
I wanted to check about the headlamp. Can you please let me know about the model of bulb that XUV projector lamp uses. Is it a regular H4 bulb or the whole unit needs a replacement when fused.
Old 3rd February 2016, 17:39   #1055
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^^
It is H7 Halogen, 55W used in low beam stock projector housing.
Right now I am working on the HID setup on the same bulbs using P8 kit. Some gotcha there but sure it will be sorted out. Have a new thread opened for this.
Old 4th February 2016, 01:17   #1056
BHPian

Hello,

My parents went to VVC Motors, Kothaguda in Hyderabad and took test drive of XUV500 W10 MT, they were bowled over with the car's performance. I had called up the SA Mr.Mohan Das and requested him for a longish test drive, my father and brother drove the XUV on the highway as well as on rough roads to see it's handling. Overall everyone in the family liked the car.

We basically need a big car because we are a large family and for 99% of the rides all the 7 seats will be occupied. My brother also sat in the last row to keep an eye on the bounciness for 3rd row and it was negligible except for bumps at low speed. I have advised them to visit the other dealerships as well , test drive the vehicles and take price quotations from other dealers. I would have loved to do this whole process, but I'm not in India.

I had a question for the Gurus - How do I get the best deal possible for my purchase. Also if HEXA is being launched in the same price range as XUV; it will surely dent Mahindra's sales, so will Mahindra start offering any schemes/discounts to attract customers.

Eagerly waiting for the launch of HEXA so that I can compare these two packages and select the best one. Any other vehicles that I can think of apart from Xylo(bad looker), Innova(underpowered), Lodgy(boxy looks).

Thanks,
Rohit
Old 4th February 2016, 02:30   #1057
BHPian

Quote:
Eagerly waiting for the launch of HEXA so that I can compare these two packages and select the best one. Any other vehicles that I can think of apart from Xylo(bad looker), Innova(underpowered), Lodgy(boxy looks).
What about Creta and duster?

Also if someone can clarify this
In the new age xuv 500 w10 there is an automatic audio warning if the seat belts are not worn.
Is this only for the driver seat or is it for both driver and the passenger seat?
I mean will the warning still go on if the driver is wearing his seat belt but the passenger next to him is not?
Old 4th February 2016, 07:58   #1058

It only sounds for the driver side not for co-passengers
Old 4th February 2016, 22:46   #1059
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phro View Post
What about Creta and duster?
?
I need a 7-seater for my family hence did not consider those vehicles
Old 5th February 2016, 00:12   #1060
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anishr View Post
It only sounds for the driver side not for co-passengers
There is a Indicator for the co- passenger if the seat belt is not wore, Its lit all the time if its not, And the light goes away if its worn, Doesn't make a sound though.
Old 5th February 2016, 13:44   #1061
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit.joshi View Post
Hello,

My parents went to VVC Motors, Kothaguda in Hyderabad and took test drive of XUV500 W10 MT, they were bowled over with the car's performance. I had called up the SA Mr.Mohan Das and requested him for a longish test drive, my father and brother drove the XUV on the highway as well as on rough roads to see it's handling. Overall everyone in the family liked the car.

We basically need a big car because we are a large family and for 99% of the rides all the 7 seats will be occupied. My brother also sat in the last row to keep an eye on the bounciness for 3rd row and it was negligible except for bumps at low speed. I have advised them to visit the other dealerships as well , test drive the vehicles and take price quotations from other dealers. I would have loved to do this whole process, but I'm not in India.

I had a question for the Gurus - How do I get the best deal possible for my purchase. Also if HEXA is being launched in the same price range as XUV; it will surely dent Mahindra's sales, so will Mahindra start offering any schemes/discounts to attract customers.

Thanks,
Rohit
VVS, Hyderabad quoted me 72000 for the insurance of W10 in Jan 2016, however when i checked online, i am getting quotes ranging from Rs 22000 to Rs 45000(zero dep). I am seriously looking at going for the XUV now. Will wait another couple of months before taking the plunge. Just want to see the Innova and the Hexa before i finalize
Old 6th February 2016, 16:14   #1062
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks,
Rohit
The new Innova Crysta should be a good bet IMO. If priced well that is.

Hexa wouldn't make a significant dent on the XUV's sales IMO - given that it will mostly be like other Tata's, struggling in the market.

As much as I am against the XUV for niggling issues, rattles, etc. - after a recent trip in one while in Hyderabad, I have come out pretty impressed with the vehicle. The ride, handling, space were excellent. At the same time though - the driver's side window just collapsed and couldn't be rolled back up, and the car was squeaking and rattling over every bump. IIRC, it was a 2 year old vehicle.

Last edited by lamborghini : 6th February 2016 at 16:16.
Old 7th February 2016, 03:27   #1063
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
The new Innova Crysta should be a good bet IMO. If priced well that is.

Hexa wouldn't make a significant dent on the XUV's sales IMO - given that it will mostly be like other Tata's, struggling in the market.
Let's not write off HEXA just because it has a Tata badge on it. The vehicle looks good atleast from a design perspective. Let's give Tata a chance to prove their mettle and the hard work that they have been putting for consumer centric vehicles.

I'm 99% sure that Innova would not be in my price bracket atleast for the base model. If I'm looking at buying a safety feature centric Innova then I'm looking at an on road price of atleast 20L which is way over my budget.

If TATA price their premium product on par with XUV then it is game on for them.
rohit.joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 11:39   #1064
BHPian

Quote:
Let's not write off HEXA just because it has a Tata badge on it. The vehicle looks good atleast from a design perspective. Let's give Tata a chance to prove their mettle and the hard work that they have been putting for consumer centric vehicles.

I'm 99% sure that Innova would not be in my price bracket atleast for the base model. If I'm looking at buying a safety feature centric Innova then I'm looking at an on road price of atleast 20L which is way over my budget.

If TATA price their premium product on par with XUV then it is game on for them.
+1 for that. Tata Aria has always been a good vehicle but it was not given a fair chance in the Indian market considering the high launch price and below average A.S.S. I suppose, it is a lot to do with the brand image too. I have been asking my family just to take a test drive of Aria and Storme and they just refuse to do that. I was also planning to replace my Figo(my daily run car) with a base Storme but all my efforts prove futile to convince my family. Lets hope that Tata learns from Mahindras to give a good product(read niggle free) and give a good experience during the After sales service. It will surely help them gain the market share.
joelchandra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2016, 03:41   #1065
BHPian

Quote:
+1 for that. I was also planning to replace my Figo(my daily run car) with a base Storme but all my efforts prove futile to convince my family.
Fortunately my family hasn't had a brush yet with TATA cars so they do not have a negative perception on T manufactured cars.

Joel, have you taken the price quotes from all the dealers and according to your dealership experience which one would you rate among the best. It will help me in planning out my purchase as well.

Thanks,
Rohit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks