Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2016, 23:35   #1096
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Hello Fellow XUV Owners

I recently joined the club by picking up a new XUV Dolphin grey W6, its been a month and have completed 3,000 kms 1 highway (Bangalore - Dharwad - Goa) and the rest mostly city driving. I am IMPRESSED so far, loved every moment of being in it.

I have been recently thinking about the external maintenance of the car and have been reading lot of about car detailing, ceramic coating and finally decided to take the plunge and visited ultimate detailerz in Bangalore (after reading about their work in Team BHP)

I basically wanted the car to have its shine and not have the paint damaged and keep it in mint condition for a long time, after much discussion, i finally picked up their premium plan which included an 8 step process and a layer of sealant.

The work started at 9:30am and ended at 5pm (yes its a full day job) and these guys give it utmost attention and care and i loved that.

From maintenance perspective i walked away with the plan to use duster regularly (Jopasu), waterless wash with a micro fibre cloth to clean once in 2-3 days and car shampoo from Car Pro it was a bit expensive but after having spent close to 15k, an additional 1K seemed okay to me.
I plan to clean and wash the car myself and hence in the long run plan to save on the money i would have spent on having someone else do it.

Couple of questions:
1. have any of the previous XUV owners got this kind of detailing in the past? if yes, what has been your experience?
2. how long do you think this coating/sealant will last?

Few pics of my car
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_4618.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_4615.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_4619.jpg  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_4614.jpg  

arun.kulkarni is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 00:02   #1097
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.kulkarni View Post
I recently joined the club by picking up a new XUV Dolphin grey W6
Congratulations on acquiring the XUV.

Can I know if the side step that is on your car a official accessory or you got it fit after-market?

Can I know the cost?
Old 5th March 2016, 00:06   #1098
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Can I know if the side step that is on your car a official accessory or you got it fit after-market?

Can I know the cost?
Hi Anurag

Thank you, yes i have been loving it.

The side step is from Mahindra, though not a standard figment, this one is a newer version and they call it premium one.
The price is Rs 10,500. i got it much lesser as i negotiated for few accessories free and some with discounts.
Old 5th March 2016, 00:59   #1099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.kulkarni View Post
Hello Fellow XUV Owners

I recently joined the club by picking up a new XUV Dolphin grey W6,
Hi Arun,

The car looks amazing in silver and the detailing is showing up in the pictures. If you can please let me know what was the OTR and what accessories did you get on the car. I see that you got the stock wheels as Bridgestone, any alloys that you have planned for the future?

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

Can I know the cost?
Hi Anurag,

Hyderabad dealer has those side steps as an accessory, not sure if Arun got them from dealer itself. But, I have seen that design as an aftermarket accessory in the brochure provided by the dealer.

Last edited by Technocrat : 5th March 2016 at 02:19. Reason: Back to back posts merged, please use multi-quote option. Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 08:12   #1100
BHPian

The car looks amazing in silver and the detailing is showing up in the pictures. If you can please let me know what was the OTR and what accessories did you get on the car. I see that you got the stock wheels as Bridgestone, any alloys that you have planned for the future?

Hi Rohit, Thank you, just to clarify it is dolphin grey, with so much lighting in the shop maybe is looking more Silver
I booked the car in December and got my delivery on January 8th, i got some heavy discounts after much negotiation.
OTR: showroom:15,85,360 after my negotiation 15,22,360 (includes cash discount, corporate discount and discount on insurance) with bumper to bumper insurance with zero depreciation.

Accessories:
Rear Gaurd - 5,500
premium side Step - 10,500
body line moulding- 1,600
Fog Lamps (without chrome cover - i dont like too much chrome) 2,500
art leather seat covers - 9,500
Rain Vizors - 1,600
Total cost: 31,200
I paid: 20,000 (discount of 11,200)

I do know prices have increased effective Jan 1st and with the budget announcement recently - maybe it will go much higher in couple of months.

Thanks!
Arun
Old 5th March 2016, 09:29   #1101
BHPian

I have completed 35000+ kms in 8 months in new age XUV. The car drives brilliantly. I have taken it in narrow hilly jungle trails in Rukhad, bad roads, good roads, 4 lanes, desert roads. Never felt lack of power as such. The car can be driven at very high speed, tried in Hyderabad ORR with almost empty 4 lanes. I think there is an artificial lock, in 6th gear you can't drive more than 3500-3700 rpm. Traveled to KA, MH, AP, TN, RJ, GJ, UP, MP, HR, BR, JH, WB, OR, TN. You can drive more than 1000 kms per day comfortably. Low end torque makes overtaking cars and trucks in 2 lane highways easier.

I had however, a clutch failure at 32000+ kms(started with slave assembly failure at Varanasi in maddening traffic). Even with slave cylinder failure that started in Varanasi, I could drive till Kolkata where the clutch stopped working next day. Initially the dealer asked me to pay but I refused and ask them to contact Mahindra for warranty replacement. Finally it was replaced under warranty.

I have installed one Autocops park pro with camera, sensor, and support for bluetooth, movie and song. Pretty good. Got it for 8500. Also installed Mahindra car AC converter. Both installed at dealership. Apart from that installed few accessories.

Last edited by sumannandy : 5th March 2016 at 09:35.
sumannandy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2016, 09:54   #1102
BHPian

3 months, 7500 kms in a FWD W10 and I can say safely its the right set of wheels. Its my daily driver and weekend cruiser combined. behaves very well on the roads and i have taken it a little off-roading too; Came away impressed with the way it behaved itself. The wife was riding shot gun and she came back clamouring for more while i fretted over the invariable scratches. Am just looking to get some paint protection done and would want some suggestions to keep the thing looking as shiny as this Silver Beauty.

Have faced a few rattles from the passenger side door; my previous car was a Ford Fiesta which was as silent as a coffin even after 100000 on the odometer so it irritates me no end. But One thing to their credit, the service centre guys are very eager to please. They are standing behind their product and are very prompt which helps keep tempers down...kudos to them.
nairanupg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 09:58   #1103
BHPian

I have finally decided to go for a XUV500 after a lot of back and forth.
I have a quick question for fellow XUV owners. Is there a recommended place in Bangalore where I can get good accessories for the XUV. I am looking for seat covers, carrier, maybe a rear bumper and a few others. I typically felt dealer accessories are very expensive though dont have a clue about Mahindra.
Is it good to get accessories in Mahindra or outside. If outside any recommendations for Bangalore?
thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 19:25   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srivibhu View Post
I have finally decided to go for a XUV500 after a lot of back and forth.

I have a quick question for fellow XUV owners. Is there a recommended place in Bangalore where I can get good accessories for the XUV. I am looking for seat covers, carrier, maybe a rear bumper and a few others. I typically felt dealer accessories are very expensive though dont have a clue about Mahindra.
Is it good to get accessories in Mahindra or outside. If outside any recommendations for Bangalore?
thanks
Congratulations, from my experience so far i can tell i dont regret the decision one bit, its been a month and 3K on ODO with one highway drive Bangalore - Dharwad - Goa)

I had done lot of research on some accessories before purchasing my XUV in Dec 2016, from my POV Mahindra offers accesories at great prices, really i mean it.
Rear Guard - I dont even know anyone else manufactures it apart from compaies like Ajanta and someone else - their cost is almost 5.7K + labour cost and Mahindra charges you 5.5K.
side step - there are after market products in the range of 8-9K, but they are not any close to how the mahindra one looks (look for pics in my post earlier on the same page)
Seat covers - i paid 9k for art leather seat covers and externally the same quality ones were priced anywhere between 8-10K, while the disadvantage here is you only have 2 options with Mahindra and externally maybe you can get more options.
Rain Vizor - Mahindra has 2 products - slightly lesser quality one is 1200 and another one at 1700, again the market price is similar.

So overall i feel Mahindra has priced its accessories really well, good quality, stays within the brand and hassle free - get everything done before the delivery, more importantly you can negotiate a lot of accessories and they dont charge labour.

Looking at the above i would recommend you try the accessories at Mahindra itself. which variant you plan to buy? Also watch out only few dealers have stock without the new price, so take the plunge soon if you have decided you can save up to 50K.

Cheers!
Arun

Last edited by arun.kulkarni : 7th March 2016 at 19:25. Reason: in putted it incorrectly
Old 7th March 2016, 19:42   #1105
Team-BHP Support

I don't know if I missed out on this somewhere but suddenly realized that Mahindra seems to have made some feature changes to redefine the W6, W8 and W10 models. Is this correct? Like, W6 now having the same infotainment screen as W8 and W10 along with navigation. Or ABS with EBD in the W6 variant (I think this was not there earlier in the W6). Similarly W8 seems to have got some features from W10 as well.
Zappo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 20:42   #1106
BHPian

with all the new features introduced in W6 is it really worth buying W8 over W6 as W8 is nearly 2 lakhs expensive. The features of W8 which are of prime importance to me while considering W8 are ESP and 4 additional air bags.

Thanks
Anubhav
Old 7th March 2016, 21:36   #1107
BHPian

Greetings!

Joining the lot of you in being a proud owner of the awesome beast
My black XUV500 W10 arrived a couple of weeks back, in the third week of February.
Just bout to post a thread about my experience; will post a link here when done.

P72NX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2016, 23:37   #1108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I don't know if I missed out on this somewhere but suddenly realized that Mahindra seems to have made some feature changes to redefine the W6, W8 and W10 models. Is this correct? Like, W6 now having the same infotainment screen as W8 and W10 along with navigation. Or ABS with EBD in the W6 variant (I think this was not there earlier in the W6). Similarly W8 seems to have got some features from W10 as well.
Thank you so much for your update Zappo.

Yes, I see Mahindra's website updated with few changes that I have observed:

1) W6 gets the 7" touch screen infotainment system which is same as in W8 & W10

2) W8 gets the push button start/stop functionality. I remember this being only in W10 earlier

ABS+EBD was standard in W6 before the latest changes.

Thanks,
Rohit
Old 8th March 2016, 00:14   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit.joshi View Post
Thank you so much for your update Zappo.

Yes, I see Mahindra's website updated with few changes that I have observed:

1) W6 gets the 7" touch screen infotainment system which is same as in W8 & W10

2) W8 gets the push button start/stop functionality. I remember this being only in W10 earlier

ABS+EBD was standard in W6 before the latest changes.

Thanks,
Rohit

Indeed W6 seems to have got some additional features - in less than a month after me purchasing a W6 but then the price also has gone up by almost 50K . Don't know whether it is the effect of the budget or because of the extra features or both together. For me the Ex-SR for W6 was 1290252 and now it is 1341866.

The newly added features on W6 - what I could make out from the website, over my Jan,16 manufactured W6 - are 7" color touchscreen and power foldable ORVMs. Rest all are there in my car also.
In fact their website shows W6 doesn't have 2nd row reading lamps, but it is very much there in mine.
Old 8th March 2016, 01:34   #1110
Team-BHP Support

Thanks for confirming guys. Now here is another interesting update. I got the quote for the new cars. Looks like the effect of budget but... and that's the interesting part, Mahindra is giving an equivalent discount to keep the ex showroom prices the same as before budget. So for the same price as earlier you get more features!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks