Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th March 2016, 01:00   #1126
BANNED

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Hey guys,

Any news or little birdie updates or any such whether Mahindra would be stopping the 2.2L mHawk engine and plonking the 1.99L mHawk engine in the XUV 5OO for pan India rather than having two engines?
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 01:55   #1127
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey guys,

Any news or little birdie updates or any such whether Mahindra would be stopping the 2.2L mHawk engine and plonking the 1.99L mHawk engine in the XUV 5OO for pan India rather than having two engines?
According to my source i had a chat with couple of weeks back, They still are having the 2.2L units coming in, 1.99L might just be for Delhi.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 11:31   #1128
BHPian

Hi Gurus,

I have had a great booking experience with Automotive Manufacturers Pvt.Ltd for my XUV500 W8 FWD. The vehicle was already in stock and it is from the pre-hike batch of vehicles. I have been in regular touch with the manager Mr.Abhilash Raj and he has been of great help.

P.S - When I told him that I have a 10 page detailed checklist for my own PDI which I will be doing this week, he requested me for a copy of it so that he can also start implementing that in their own PDI's for all their future deliveries. Team-BHP rocks.

Last edited by rohit.joshi : 14th March 2016 at 11:32. Reason: Typo
Old 15th March 2016, 12:52   #1129
BHPian

Its a welcome move by Mahindra to add few features of W8 in W6 and few features of W10 in W8

I think now Mahindra should make the coloured Infotainment system available as an accessory for old W6. If that's the case I will be first in the Que to go for it, as we all know that these days coloured touch screen infotainment system is a basic luxury in cars.

If anyone has enquired the same please let us know.

Last edited by rahul_kej : 15th March 2016 at 13:19.
Old 17th March 2016, 11:19   #1130
BHPian

Hey guys,

Just wanted to give you an update on customer centric approach of Mahindra. I had written to Mr.Sandeep Dhond explaining my hardships with the dealer and I got a reply from him within 9 hours. This explains how pro-active they have become. Please find the excerpts from below:

Mods - Please delete my post/hide the names if it is not appropriate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Sir,

I am writing this email with deep heart whether to go ahead with my booking/cancel my booking of Mahindra XUV500 W8 FWD due to the bad experience that I am going through with the dealer.

I am a proud member of Team-BHP and we have lot of respect for M&M looking into customer's issues and Mahindra's customer centric focus made me to go ahead with purchasing a Mahindra vehicle. But, I was proved wrong twice atleast by the acts of the dealer.

Firstly, I am taking the vehicle under pre-price hike scheme and I was promised a cash discount of 10,000/- from the dealer apart from the scheme discount M&M is offering. He got back to me after 2 days saying that my Cash discount cannot be acknowledged as I'm taking insurance from outside. I thought not to pursue this further thinking I will have other things promised to me delivered timely.

Secondly, I was promised a Feb/March manufactured vehicle during initial discussions. Yesterday, when the dealer gave me the VIN and after I decoded it I got to know that it's actually a January manufactured vehicle that has been lying in the stockyard in Medak since the past two months.

I am really afraid to go forward with the deal considering multiple setbacks that I might be receiving in the coming days. Also the dealer is not budging to offer any discounts.

Dealer - AMPL, Nagole, LB Nagar, RR - Telangana
Manager - Mr.Abhilash Raj
Sales Agent - Ravi
Vehicle - Mahindra XUV5oo W8 FWD Black
I am currently in USA and purchasing this vehicle for my father who is in Hyderabad. As they are old people, I did not want to make them go around the dealer multiple times just for discussions regarding these things. I am giving my father's details here. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Customer Name - Joshi Mohan
Number - 9*********

My details:
Name - Rohit Joshi
Number - **********

The reply that I got back from him:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Mr. Joshi,

Thanks for writing to us and sharing your experience.

I am requesting my colleague Jayaram Jayant, Regional Sales Manager for AP & T to review your feedback and to take necessary action.

My apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

Jayant/ his team will call you with an update.

Regards
rohit.joshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 13:16   #1131
BHPian

Hi All:

I'm a newbie to the forum and a proud owner of an Opulent Purple W10 FWD purchased in July 2015.

I'm wondering if anyone knows when does the Mahindra BlueSense app gets integrated with the W10, and also if we would be able to leverage the cellular network to create a Hotspot in our vehicle, should possible?

Thanks much in advance for your replies.
Old 17th March 2016, 13:42   #1132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
I'm wondering if anyone knows when does the Mahindra BlueSense app gets integrated with the W10, and also if we would be able to leverage the cellular network to create a Hotspot in our vehicle, should possible?
To connect the BlueSense app - you need to fill in the engine details on the app. And Phone must be connected to infotainment through Bluetooth. If that is done, App when launched can show all controls, info.

Note that this works better with Android phones in new gen. The new gen car isn't found to be working with BlueSense app available on iOS app store.

About 3G hotspot, I am not sure if you meant in the phone itself. That is independent of anything related to car. You can always switch on the tethering feature of your phone to share the wifi hotspot (not bluetooth)! Not sure if i get your question right but thats what closest I can comment on.
Old 17th March 2016, 14:32   #1133
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
To connect the BlueSense app - you need to fill in the engine details on the app. And Phone must be connected to infotainment through Bluetooth. If that is done, App when launched can show all controls, info.

Note that this works better with Android phones in new gen. The new gen car isn't found to be working with BlueSense app available on iOS app store.

About 3G hotspot, I am not sure if you meant in the phone itself. That is independent of anything related to car. You can always switch on the tethering feature of your phone to share the wifi hotspot (not bluetooth)! Not sure if i get your question right but thats what closest I can comment on.
Thanks much Abirnale for your prompt attention. When I purchased the W10 it had the Mahindra BlueSense as a separate item- however, with subsequent updates it appears to have been replaced with an 'e-Manual'. When I asked this specific enquiry to the Mahindra blokes, they said it'd take some time prior to having that on the W10 model.
Re: the hotspot, apologies I should have been a little more precise- what I was alluding to if I could tether my phone to the W10 Infotainment system as there are '3G' and 'Wifi' greyed out. Unsure if they plan to cover this too in their subsequent updates.
jacobvarughese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 14:56   #1134
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
When I purchased the W10 it had the Mahindra BlueSense as a separate item- however, with subsequent updates it appears to have been replaced with an 'e-Manual'
W10 Infotainment system as there are '3G' and 'Wifi' greyed out.
Aha, got you. This was never the case with my new age vehicle. (June 2015). Post some pictures if you had captured before for reference. This is something new.

About 3G - Should be "some" future upgrade. When, anybody's guess! Short answer - no idea
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 16:21   #1135
BHPian

Thanks Avinash- unfortunately have not captured the images prior to show up here.

Re:3G, as you rightly pointed out- let's wait and watch
Old 17th March 2016, 21:09   #1136
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Hello, Yes its my car, i had taken the delivery on monday also being the same day this lovely review went live. Will post a detailed review as well in my upcoming ownership thread soon.

1. It shows speed mainly, but there is an option called as "Data" in the menu, selecting it shows 2 different kind of numbers which i am yet to figure out what they are.
2. Its connected directly in the wiring so no 12V socket is used and also the speed which is displayed is almost what the speedometer shows, so it doesn't work on GPS.
3. I will do that by today evening.

Also attaching a pic of both my beasts together.
Attachment 1383179
Hi Tanveer;

I tried purchasing the HUD Display accessory from the TVS Mahindra showroom here in Trivandrum(in July 2015) who advised me against this- they said my vehicle would the 1st if they were to install and gave me a harrowing story of a 'HUD install' gone haywire on a Xylo. I further responded to them stating that I've seen pictures of HUD posted on Team BHP by other Mahindra service dealers- they were flabbergasted hearing this.

Any idea if all these dealers receive the same training to install accessories? It does sound strange to me that a dealer can't install their own official accessory
Old 18th March 2016, 15:01   #1137
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Tanveer;

I tried purchasing the HUD Display accessory from the TVS Mahindra showroom here in Trivandrum(in July 2015) who advised me against this- they said my vehicle would the 1st if they were to install and gave me a harrowing story of a 'HUD install' gone haywire on a Xylo. I further responded to them stating that I've seen pictures of HUD posted on Team BHP by other Mahindra service dealers- they were flabbergasted hearing this.

Any idea if all these dealers receive the same training to install accessories? It does sound strange to me that a dealer can't install their own official accessory
Hello, I can understand about the HUD, That your dealer isn't willing to install it, Probably because they don't even know what an HUD does, Problem with the xylo could have been a simple wiring issue and one of a kind, I had bought my vehicle from one of the Most reputed Mahindra showroom here and they too were not very sure what HUD is, Even recently with the service centre i asked them to change the position of the HUD a little bit and i got a reply saying, "Sir whats HUD and what does it do?".

Your best shot would be contact Mahindra directly and see if they can direct you to a more knowledgeable showroom if you can, I am using it since day one and i have no issues with it, Also its a nice thing to have while driving in the night to keep your speed in check.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 15:21   #1138
BHPian

Thanks much Tanveer- the challenge here is a paucity of authorised Mahindra dealers in the city or even Kerala to perform this service. However, let me send an email to them to proceed further.
Old 21st March 2016, 10:39   #1139
BHPian

Finally managed to do a PDI of my W8 AWD on Saturday. The dealer's PDI identified a small manufacturing defect on the back panel, which they say will be replaced. Transferred the balance amount a few mins back. Expecting registration by tomorrow and delivery with number plates by Thursday (fingers crossed), just in time for my holiday in the extended weekend.

A quick question for existing owners- In Bangalore, I plan to fill diesel from Shell. Does it have to be the premium one? Asking as I will be driving the vehicle across states, and not all places will have Shell or even other premium fuel.

Cheers,
Ajay
Old 21st March 2016, 11:12   #1140
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
A quick question for existing owners- In Bangalore, I plan to fill diesel from Shell. Does it have to be the premium one?
Regular is good enough. No issues whatsoever. While Shell is not in your reach, stick to any COCO.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks