Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2016, 17:36   #1156
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
I am surprised that Blue Sense app doesnt work on W8 since it shares same HU with W10. I have the prev gen W8 and it works fine.
As far as my understanding goes with the variants and the features, the blue sense app works only in the top model.

It works in W8 as yours is the previous generation XUV where the "top model" was W8. But now, in the new age XUV, the top model is W10 so W8 is the one below hence it won't be working in it. Did it work in the previous generation W6?

Not sure what the technical guys at Mahindra were smoking when they were shortlisting and distributing features across the variants.

Last edited by a4anurag : 23rd March 2016 at 17:38.
Old 23rd March 2016, 17:43   #1157
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
As far as my understanding goes with the variants and the features, the blue sense app works only in the top model.

It works in W8 as yours is the previous generation XUV where the "top model" was W8. But now, in the new age XUV, the top model is W10 so W8 is the one below hence it won't be working in it. Did it work in the previous generation W6?

Not sure what the technical guys at Mahindra were smoking when they were shortlisting and distributing features across the variants.
Guys, it still doesn't work on the W10 and they replaced the Bluesense app icon on the Home screen with an 'e-manual'- where you get to see small snippet videos of the available features on the XUV.

Have been prodding and incessantly asking the dealer here on when an update to this effect would come, and they're just as clueless as we are.
Old 23rd March 2016, 17:48   #1158
BHPian

Their website shows Bluesense App compatibility for W6 and above:
http://www.mahindraxuv500.com/compar...?id=comp_model

I will confirm this tomorrow - should be getting the delivery of my W8 by then.

Cheers
Ajay

Quote:

Old 23rd March 2016, 17:54   #1159
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Its not about top-end models. When XUV was launched, W8 and W6 had different infotainment systems. W6 didn't had the TPMS which was sort of the highlight of the Bluesense app. So that could be the reason why W6 did not had Bluesense app.

In the current generation, to the best of my knowledge, W10 and W8 have the exact same infotainment system. So there is no reason why the bluesense app should not work with W8.

There are 2 different Bluesense apps for XUV in the Playstore. One works ONLY with the New Age XUV and the other works ONLY with the first gen XUV. May be people are trying the wrong app.
Old 23rd March 2016, 18:04   #1160
BHPian

One close friend of mine had booked a W8 AWD on 10th March, and he was promised the discount to be applicable even if the vehicle gets delivered next month. Today we went to the showroom to find out the status, and we were told the discount would not be applicable if the vehicle gets delivered next month. And also there would be a 3-4% hike on the Road-tax from April 1st. The sales advisor is not giving the exact date when the vehicle would be ready for shipping from the factory, and even the current status.

My friend is keen on getting a Purple colour AWD, where as he was offered White AWD today morning and it was gone by the time we reached showroom to check.

Is there any way we can track the status of the vehicle, or know when it would be invoiced from the factory?

Note: he booked the car from Sireesh, Hosur Road.
Old 23rd March 2016, 20:22   #1161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Its not about top-end models. When XUV was launched, W8 and W6 had different infotainment systems. W6 didn't had the TPMS which was sort of the highlight of the Bluesense app. So that could be the reason why W6 did not had Bluesense app.

In the current generation, to the best of my knowledge, W10 and W8 have the exact same infotainment system. So there is no reason why the bluesense app should not work with W8.

There are 2 different Bluesense apps for XUV in the Playstore. One works ONLY with the New Age XUV and the other works ONLY with the first gen XUV. May be people are trying the wrong app.
A screenshot attached shows the 'E-Manual' now replacing the Mahindra BlueSense app icon on the W10. As a result, downloading the app on your iPhone or Android device does not appear to help- Mahindra needs to provide a suitable update in relation to this.

Hope their subsequent updates also encompass 'tethering' our cellular connection to the infotainment- we can mirror 'Google Maps' and use that instead of the sedate MapmyIndia maps.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_7452.jpg  

Old 24th March 2016, 01:36   #1162
BHPian

My SA has confirmed that the blue sense app has been disabled. He says, that it is to prevent the infotainment system from hanging.

BTW, how does one ensure that the car is completely switched off and not idling. Once you park and press the start/stop button once, and lock the doors is that sufficient?
Old 24th March 2016, 05:24   #1163
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
My SA has confirmed that the blue sense app has been disabled. He says, that it is to prevent the infotainment system from hanging.
Is this for W8 only out for W10 also?

Quote:
BTW, how does one ensure that the car is completely switched off and not idling. Once you park and press the start/stop button once, and lock the doors is that sufficient?
Yes that is sufficient. The whole dashboard would be dark. That will indicate all is off.
Old 24th March 2016, 10:11   #1164
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ For me, the only one reason I still have BlueSense app in my memory starved phone is to check TPMS reading. If M&M goes ahead and enables an option to display tyre pressure in infotainment itself I would have uninstalled the app.

Was hoping the same will be included in next software update when I saw this feature in new age Scorpio, however strangely M&M left out old and refresh XUV owners waiting for this feature.

Other Bluesense features does make sense only if you are chauffeur driven I guess.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2016, 10:17   #1165
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
As a result, downloading the app on your iPhone or Android device does not appear to help.
There are two different versions of BlueSense App on Android Play Store. The one which says for New Age XUV is the correct one. I use it on my Android Moto Device and it works perfect with my W10 FWD variant (Mfd - June 2015).

Here are the links to App -
New Age Variant - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.mahindra.xuv
First Gen XUV - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=com.visteon

On the other hand - iPhone has only one version, published in Oct 2014 - much before the new Age was launched. I have tried that app too and it does NOT work with my W10 FWD New Age vehicle. So for New Age XUV Owners with iPhones, there is no BlueSense App support for now regardless of W8/ W10.

Below screen grab from iPhone App Store -

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_5997.png
Old 24th March 2016, 10:25   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
There are two different versions of BlueSense App on Android Play Store. The one which says for New Age XUV is the correct one. I use it on my Android Moto Device and it works perfect with my W10 FWD variant (Mfd - June 2015).

Here are the links to App -
New Age Variant - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...s.mahindra.xuv
First Gen XUV - https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...id=com.visteon

On the other hand - iPhone has only one version, published in Oct 2014 - much before the new Age was launched. I have tried that app too and it does NOT work with my W10 FWD New Age vehicle. So for New Age XUV Owners with iPhones, there is no BlueSense App support for now regardless of W8/ W10.

Below screen grab from iPhone App Store -

Attachment 1489771
Thanks abirnale. Does your Home screen display a similar screen like mine- the screengrab is in my previous post. On my W10(July 2015 purchase), it's only the 'E-Manual' instead of the Mahindra BlueSense app icon.

Request you to please provide a screengrab of the Home screen on the W10 infotainment screen, if possible. Thanks much.
Old 24th March 2016, 10:29   #1167
Distinguished - BHPian

^^^ yes, exactly same screen as yours.
Old 24th March 2016, 10:31   #1168
BHPian

Ok thanks- so does the Mahindra BlueSense app work for you now? I don't reckon so as the app has been disabled/removed on all W10s- quite bemused by your initial statement where you said it works perfectly through the Android device.
Old 24th March 2016, 10:37   #1169
BANNED

Guys, when I went to do the PDI, on the home screen I clicked on the App, it gave an Error message saying "App Disabled"

What does it mean?
Old 24th March 2016, 10:39   #1170
BHPian

This is getting crazier- unsure how the app still remains to be on the Homescreen in the vehicle. Their updates had removed the icon altogether citing incompatibility with the mobile application.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks