Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd April 2016, 16:09   #1201
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

I own a new age XUV 500 W4. I have driven 40660 kms in 9 months. Here are my observations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecosport rules View Post
Need unbiased advice from all the XUV500 gurus here:

-How is the reliability of XUV500,compared to that of the Fortuner?

So far, nothing. Except for a clutch failure at 32k (replaced under warranty) and a front right axle boot (?) failure at 40k that costs 18k (replaced under warranty). Apart from this, no niggle, whatsoever. Absolutely nothing.

-After sales service XUV500 vs Fortuner?

I doubt Toyota would have replaced clutch or axle boot free of cost.

-Which one will give better protection if one rear ends a multi axialtrailer " without the under run bar"

Can't say Don;t want to be in the situation.

But XUV500 is well built. Jumped tall bumpers at high speeds, nothing happened.

-Which one has a better service network pan India?

I would say Mahindra.

And the most important question
New XUV500 (AWD)or a preowned Fortuner(4WD)? (Almost the same price)

I would go for XUV500. Trust me its an awesome vehicle.
sumannandy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 16:48   #1202
BHPian

Good news for all NewAge XUV 500 iPhone users:

I just went through the Apple Store and found that they have now come up with a new Bluesense app exclusively to NewAge XUV 500 users of W6, W8, and W10 variants- it was apparently launched on 29 March 2016.

Another strange phenomenon is I utilize the services of the closest gas station for tire pressure and had put 33psi whereas the Bluesense app says almost 38- does anyone know which is the right one? The gas station blokes go on to say they just purchased the new machine and it can't go awry.

Screengrabs below
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_7538.png  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_7537.png  

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_7536.png  

jacobvarughese is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 18:06   #1203
BHPian

Good news that . I have downloaded it already. The other bug - Bluetooth getting disconnected while I phone is connected by data cable via USB port - is it also solved ? or it remains as is?
Old 2nd April 2016, 18:12   #1204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Good news that . I have downloaded it already. The other bug - Bluetooth getting disconnected while I phone is connected by data cable via USB port - is it also solved ? or it remains as is?
Am unsure if I understand your inquiry- can't you play songs, make and receive calls via Bluetooth on your iPhone? Do you connect the iPhone via USB port to the vehicle just to charge the device?

My iPhone (it's the 6 Plus) gets connected instantly as soon as the vehicle boots up and all functions are seamless so far.

Last edited by jacobvarughese : 2nd April 2016 at 18:14. Reason: Provided other information
jacobvarughese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 18:25   #1205
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
Am unsure if I understand your inquiry- r.
The problem (and i think i am not the only one facing this) is when the I phone is connected VIA USB - the Bluetooth connection is lost.
The Bluetooth connection and Bluetooth functionalities are only available if The I Phone not connected VIA USB to infotainment.
Old 2nd April 2016, 18:29   #1206
BHPian

Thanks much madhu.

So isn't it better to connect your iPhone via Bluetooth instead unless there is a pressing need to charge your phone? I charge the phone using the 12v that has been supplied.

Apologies as I still fail to understand the rationale of connecting it via USB port- Request you to please elaborate, if possible.
Old 2nd April 2016, 18:46   #1207
BHPian

Quote:
understand the rationale of connecting it via USB port- Request you to please elaborate, if possible.
Connection via USB port : in order to get better sound quality. Music sound quality suffers over Bluetooth streaming as compared to USB connection.
So if i want to play music from the Iphone via USB connection (better sound quality and output) i have to give up on Bluetooth connection which is not acceptable . Hence i am forced to resort to playing music via pen drive.

On another topic of New gen App in App store - Downloaded the new gen Iphone app and tried to connect the Infotainment through the App - it does not get connected in Blue sense app even when I phone is actually Bluetooth paired and connected.
So no benefit of the New Gen app for me as of now. it continues to be futile like the earlier app was.
madhu33 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 20:51   #1208
BHPian

Had ordered an HUD from Aliexpress.com, it came today.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_0408.jpg
Cost me $25.99. Did not have to pay customs.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_0409.jpg
Came in a nondescript brown box.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_0410.jpg
Contents included HUD, Cable, Reflective Film, Anti-slip Mat, User Manual. The english used in the User Manual is garbage, can't understand much! Thankfully it seems all HUD follow standardised settings. Watched couple of videos on youtube and the settings table in the user manual made sense.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_0412.jpg
Here's how it looks after installation. The Reflective Film works well. If you don't install it there's double reflection (since the windscreen is laminated I think)

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_0413.jpg
This is how it looks from the outside. The HUD is on.

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-img_0414.jpg
Works well in the night too.

Initially, was afraid that the reflective film would obscure vision. Happy to report it doesn't. The film is very translucent, takes about 5 mins to get used to it. I still need to calibrate some readings.

Its $26 well spent
sumithb is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 22:37   #1209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhu33 View Post
Connection via USB port : in order to get better sound quality. Music sound quality suffers over Bluetooth streaming as compared to USB connection.
So if i want to play music from the Iphone via USB connection (better sound quality and output) i have to give up on Bluetooth connection which is not acceptable . Hence i am forced to resort to playing music via pen drive.

On another topic of New gen App in App store - Downloaded the new gen Iphone app and tried to connect the Infotainment through the App - it does not get connected in Blue sense app even when I phone is actually Bluetooth paired and connected.
So no benefit of the New Gen app for me as of now. it continues to be futile like the earlier app was.
Seems to me you've got a problem- I could also be heavily wrong. I don't face any issues whilst playing music from my iPhone (whether it's Youtube videos or downloaded songs or making/receiving calls)- it certainly works like a charm.

Care to show someone at Mahindra this glitch?
jacobvarughese is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 22:49   #1210
BHPian

Quote:
Another strange phenomenon is I utilize the services of the closest gas station for tire pressure and had put 33psi whereas the Bluesense app says almost 38- does anyone know which is the right one?
Screengrabs below
M&M haven't done much QC in releasing the Bluesense app for iOS. Showed me I had 132 PSi in one tyre and 0 in the other .

The Android app is much better, though I would not rely completely on that either, just look at the numbers as a general suggestion!
sumithb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2016, 22:51   #1211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumithb View Post
M&M haven't done much QC in releasing the Bluesense app for iOS. Showed me I had 132 PSi in one tyre and 0 in the other .

The Android app is much better, though I would not rely completely on that either, just look at the numbers as a general suggestion!
Tend to concur slightly on the TPMS bit- however, other functions work seamlessly for me from the Bluesense app.
Old 3rd April 2016, 14:25   #1212
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Jacob

This is so awesome, i haven't even downloaded it and am already replying to you. Had been waiting for this a long time.
I have new age XUV W6 - just waiting to download and check it out now.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers!
Arun

Last edited by ampere : 3rd April 2016 at 16:06. Reason: did not quite properly
Old 3rd April 2016, 19:30   #1213
BHPian

Hello Jacob and XUV owners

I tried to get my infotainment connected to the new ios app by M&M, while I definitely was able to download, I couldn't connect it to the car after several attempts.
I do use the bluetooth functionality for the infotainment to play music, take call etc.. and works perfectly well. Not sure what am I not doing right?i have a W6 bought in Jan 2016, Dec 2015 manufacturing model.and its a monochorme infotainment system.

Any advise? should i be doing anything differently?

Thanks!
Arun

Last edited by arun.kulkarni : 3rd April 2016 at 19:31. Reason: language
Old 3rd April 2016, 20:18   #1214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun.kulkarni View Post
Hello Jacob and XUV owners

I tried to get my infotainment connected to the new ios app by M&M, while I definitely was able to download, I couldn't connect it to the car after several attempts.
I do use the bluetooth functionality for the infotainment to play music, take call etc.. and works perfectly well. Not sure what am I not doing right?i have a W6 bought in Jan 2016, Dec 2015 manufacturing model.and its a monochorme infotainment system.

Any advise? should i be doing anything differently?

Thanks!
Arun
Doesn't work for me either, does connect after several attempts though. I have W10 AWD.

Here's the crap that it shows me:
Name:  IMG_0415.PNG
Views: 1854
Size:  390.5 KB

Name:  IMG_0416.PNG
Views: 1874
Size:  382.4 KB

I suspect we need the latest firmware for the iOS app to work properly.
sumithb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2016, 20:56   #1215
BHPian

Hey guys, looks like you need to update to the latest vehicle software- that might be the reason for the glitches.

Please try that route and provide observations. Thanks.
jacobvarughese is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks