Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2016, 22:18   #1306
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
Check the Genuine accessory camera box from Mahindra. The sticker price shows it as about INR 2771 odd ( Definitely not more than 3000) . Then how could they charge more that , but I remember that my Sales Advisor told me that the price is about 5000.May be its their sales strategy. First quote more and later bundle them as freebies .
The accessories will be fitted at the workshop so wouldn't have a chance to have a look at the box. NBS being a company owned showroom/ dealership I expect them to be more honest and forthcoming with their own products. Wondering if you could send me a picture of the camera box for comparison.
Also maybe the prices in Mumbai and Bangalore be different.
Old 5th May 2016, 22:23   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
The accessories will be fitted at the workshop so wouldn't have a chance to have a look at the box. NBS being a company owned showroom/ dealership I expect them to be more honest and forthcoming with their own products. Wondering if you could send me a picture of the camera box for comparison.
Also maybe the prices in Mumbai and Bangalore be different.
I wanted to post the photo of the box, but the guys fixing the camera have taken it off. The box even contains a small drill tap screw that is used to drill the bumper and to make a hole.

I suggest that you be adamant and insist on seeing the box. I am sure that the prices would not be very different from Bangalore to Bombay except for the taxes .
Old 5th May 2016, 22:36   #1308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
I wanted to post the photo of the box, but the guys fixing the camera have taken it off. The box even contains a small drill tap screw that is used to drill the bumper and to make a hole.

I suggest that you be adamant and insist on seeing the box. I am sure that the prices would not be very different from Bangalore to Bombay except for the taxes .
Yup will do. However will appreciate if you can put up a few pictures of the camera itself the screen in day/ night modes to get a fair idea.
About the prices seems really odd to see the high difference in them. You're right,taxes will only marginally change them.
Old 6th May 2016, 00:11   #1309
BHPian

@Vinit - What I have been told is that there are two types of cameras being supplied, one normal and other one with Night vision feature. May be they are offering you the Night vision version. Please check with them.
Old 6th May 2016, 07:02   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mun1shk View Post
@Vinit - What I have been told is that there are two types of cameras being supplied, one normal and other one with Night vision feature. May be they are offering you the Night vision version. Please check with them.

I think that's exactly what it is.I do remember clearly asking him about night vision. He confirmed saying it is a night vision camera and will work in the dark. Meanwhile model numbers of the camera if available with the others may be shared I'll do the same as well.
Old 6th May 2016, 10:22   #1311
BHPian

Anyone facing bluetooth issue with the refreshed version. My OnePlus One (Android) phone is connecting but when I make calls, no voice is heard at either side. While my other phone a Motorola (Android), connects without any issues.
Strange thing is when OnePlus One is connected, screen doesn't show "Use Phone" besides "End Call", The button shown on screen is "HandsFree", which means I am not on BT.
Old 6th May 2016, 13:02   #1312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyone facing bluetooth issue with the refreshed version. My OnePlus One (Android) phone is connecting but when I make calls, no voice is heard at either side. While my other phone a Motorola (Android), connects without any issues.
Strange thing is when OnePlus One is connected, screen doesn't show "Use Phone" besides "End Call", The button shown on screen is "HandsFree", which means I am not on BT.
I am still having issues while using my iphone 6 plus with it, Sometimes no voice, Or the famous bluetooth ticking noise starts, So anyways i have just stopped receiving calls over the bluetooth.
Old 6th May 2016, 14:08   #1313
BHPian

On my galaxy Note 4 running Marshmallow 6.0.1 and the XUV's version at 6.0, I am having no problems at all with either receiving or making calls, even using the voice recognition system.
Old 6th May 2016, 15:08   #1314
BHPian

Quote:

I have the oneplus two, with android 5.1.1 and I have received calls once or twice via the bluetooth. Yesterday, I received a call, but did not hear a thing. It was one of those silly telemarketing calls (the 11 number), and it could be a network issue, than a bluetooth one. At times the infotainment system does not play music from my phone, and I have to power off the infotainment system, and power it on again.
Old 6th May 2016, 15:31   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
I have the oneplus two, with android 5.1.1 and I have received calls once or twice via the bluetooth. Yesterday, I received a call, but did not hear a thing. It was one of those silly telemarketing calls (the 11 number), and it could be a network issue, than a bluetooth one. At times the infotainment system does not play music from my phone, and I have to power off the infotainment system, and power it on again.
Absolutely no issues while playing music over bluetooth. Only calls with this particular phone are not working for now. I will see if I am able to find some work around it.
Old 6th May 2016, 16:27   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
This video illustrates the XUV 500's high beam problem. The centre of the 'high beam ball of light' goes parallel to the ground and it hits the wall well above the height of the bike parked there. With this 'parallel to the road' alignment, the high beams would never angle down to the road and this becomes a problem in highway visibility. Awaiting Mahindra's response now.
Just came across your post.

Indeed - i too have tried to align the high beams unsuccessfully .
(such a waste of a design - i tell you )
2 visits to service station did not resolve the problem.
So Me along with my friend (car customization shop owner) and his electrician went to pitch dark Lokhandwala back road - BMC dump yard connection road. After about 20-25 minutes of trying various permutation - combination words from the electrician were" Isse jyada neeche beam ka direction nahi ho sakta"

Now thanks to your above post- i will stop scratching my head over it.

Its amazing how such a substantial design error goes relatively unmentioned anywhere for Mahindra. I am sure they wont have any solution for us.

This coupled with other minor irritants is surely making my Mahindra experience not so great. Was a happy man with Tata.

Please keep us posted on any response you get from Mahindra.
Thanks

Last edited by madhu33 : 6th May 2016 at 16:29.
madhu33 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 23:30   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
I am having absolutely no problems with my Iphone 6 plus. I am using bluetooth both for making and receiving calls as well as listening to the music. Even the voice recognition system is so far working flawlessly for making calls
Old 7th May 2016, 07:30   #1318
BHPian

Has anyone gotten the Bluesense app for iPhone (there is now an app for the new age xuv) to work? My iPhone 6 plus keeps asking to be paired (within the app) despite it being already paired and all functions (calls, Bluetooth music) being otherwise available.
Old 7th May 2016, 09:55   #1319
BHPian

You need to get your navigation software updated to 6.0.0 for iphone to work with bluesense. I got my update done last week and bluesense on iphone has been working fine since then.

I am having problem with other party not able to hear my voice unless I keep the volume to max while on the call. Anyone else facing the same problem?

Btw, mine is Jan2016 w8 automatic
rishie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2016, 10:20   #1320
BHPian

Hi: please try 'forgetting' the Bluetooth connection and then reconnect. I was one of the early adopters of the iPhone NewAge XUV app and can speak to it in detail along with the new software. However, please bear in mind that one 'issue' has cropped up which is on TPMS- the spare tyre says low pressure and it has to be reset only by the Mahindra blokes.
jacobvarughese is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed