Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:16   #1396
BHPian

I too opted for the full 5 years and have not got any documents yet.

The purple monster is going in for scheduled 5000 km service tomorrow (just less than 2 months old), so I will talk to the service people and let you know what the story is.
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:18   #1397
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hii guys I remember having opted for the extended warranty while booking the cheetah. However I still haven't received any documents / letter regarding same. What exactly is the procedure / documents to record the extended warranty.
Thanks in advance.
Can you check the warranty details in the withyouhamesha website? I bought extended warranty online & this is reflected in the website stating shield warranty coverage is there till 2021. Also received the invoice & shield certificate in email.

It took about a week to get the email with these documents.
mtnrajdeep is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:34   #1398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Can you check the warranty details in the withyouhamesha website? I bought extended warranty online & this is reflected in the website stating shield warranty coverage is there till 2021. Also received the invoice & shield certificate in email.

Hii I'm not very familiar about such a website nor have received any email whatsoever. I appreciate above information and will get back to the SA as regards the same. Is there no other way / documents which show the extended warranty status.
Old 23rd May 2016, 14:42   #1399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Guys discussing on the wiper issue, why no go the aftermarket route target than struggling with the OEM ones?

Are they difficult to procure or too costly?
They are easily available, Bosch wipers are very affordable and does the job very well, Only issue (For me) It looks very very tiny on the car this size, The OEM wiper blades has a cover type over the wiper's which makes it look bulky, The aftermarket one is very tiny and thin which makes it look really out of place.

I had them on in my previous XUV for about a week i think before i swapped them to the oem ones.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 15:07   #1400
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
The OEM wiper blades has a cover type over the wiper's which makes it look bulky, The aftermarket one is very tiny and thin which makes it look really out of place.
Hey thanks for the response.

Do you by any chance have pictures for comparison?
Old 23rd May 2016, 16:19   #1401
BHPian

Vinitbhavi;
Download the With You Hamesha app from the app store or Play Store.

In the app there is an Information button at the bottom.

If you click that there are various items in there, one being Vehicle Warranty.

Select your vehicle (it should be listed as soon as you register) and enter the current odo reading. You will be shown some info regarding your vehicle warranty there.
Old 23rd May 2016, 17:16   #1402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
Quote:

Quote:
Hii I'm not very familiar about such a website nor have received any email whatsoever. I appreciate above information and will get back to the SA as regards the same. Is there no other way / documents which show the extended warranty status.
Ditto. Opted for extended warranty via dealer, was supposed to get it within 4-6 weeks (by end-April). Yet to receive. Some paper "punching" as to happen at the dealer's end, and the lady in charge is taking too much time. The app doesn't show any details.

Will politely check with the dealer once more, and then take it up with Mahindra directly.
Old 23rd May 2016, 17:23   #1403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Ditto. Opted for extended warranty via dealer, was supposed to get it within 4-6 weeks (by end-April). Yet to receive. Some paper "punching" as to happen at the dealer's end, and the lady in charge is taking too much time. The app doesn't show any details.

Will politely check with the dealer once more, and then take it up with Mahindra directly.
I paid for it directly on the withyouhamesha.com website after logging in. There was an error after successful payment. I immediately mailed the contact person mentioned in the payment receipt from cc_avenue. He immediately responded, even when he was not in office & a few days later I got the email with invoice & shield certificate.

This is also reflecting in the withyouhamesha app now, when I check for my vehicle details. I would suggest anyone opting for extended warranty to use the Mahindra website directly - it looks like there will be delays when going with the dealers.
Old 23rd May 2016, 17:29   #1404
BHPian

This is what the warranty screen shows for our car.

Definitely take up the issue with your dealer.

BTW, new owners, has your RM contacted you yet?

I have neither seen hide nor hair of our RM nor heard a peep out if him yet, even regarding our car's scheduled service.

On enquiry our SA informed us (somewhat sheepishly) that the RM is required by M&M to contact us within 3 months, and that he will doubtless do so.

I am now thinking he must be sitting somewhere screwing up his courage to call us.

Will probably try and beard him in his den if allowed during the service visit tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-screenshot_20160523172243.png  

pillainp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 17:55   #1405
BHPian

Quote:
This is also reflecting in the withyouhamesha app now, when I check for my vehicle details. I would suggest anyone opting for extended warranty to use the Mahindra website directly - it looks like there will be delays when going with the dealers.
I wasnt sure/ aware of the app, as I paid for the warranty, while transferring the entire amount to the dealer. Checked the app, and I can see it reflected in the app (some relief).
Old 23rd May 2016, 20:42   #1406
BHPian

Quote:

The purple monster is going in for scheduled 5000 km service tomorrow (just less than 2 months old), so I will talk to the service people and let you know what the story is.
Hii do us know how it goes at the service. A breakup of bill details will be nice. it's awesome you're hitting the 5k service in just about 2 months.

Quote:
Vinitbhavi;
Download the With You Hamesha app from the app store or Play Store.

In the app there is an Information button at the bottom.

If you click that there are various items in there, one being Vehicle Warranty.

Select your vehicle (it should be listed as soon as you register) and enter the current odo reading. You will be shown some info regarding your vehicle warranty there.
Hey thanks for that. I didn't know mahindra has so many apps. They're quite mobile / tech savvy I must say, what with the bluesense app and all. I do have the app now and shows the shield warranty till 2021 just like yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post

Quote:
This is what the warranty screen shows for our car.

Definitely take up the issue with your dealer.

BTW, new owners, has your RM contacted you yet?

I have neither seen hide nor hair of our RM nor heard a peep out if him yet, even regarding our car's scheduled service.

On enquiry our SA informed us (somewhat sheepishly) that the RM is required by M&M to contact us within 3 months, and that he will doubtless do so.

I am now thinking he must be sitting somewhere screwing up his courage to call us.

Will probably try and beard him in his den if allowed during the service visit tomorrow.
The Mahindra showroom NBS being company owned I expected them to be more professional / forthcoming after hearing so much about the legendary Mahindra customer support
To answer your question its been a fortnight and no one has bothered to call even once. No RM no SA nothing.
In fact during delivery I was told some guy was to come and explain all the technical nitty gritty of the cheetah. Appointment was fixed but no one turned up.
Old 23rd May 2016, 21:14   #1407
BHPian

Mahindra actually has three apps relating to the XUV500:

1) The BlueSense app that lets you communicate with the car

2) The New Age/Classic XUV500 app that tells you about the various warning lights and lets you track your fuel usage and set reminders and maintain a data base of service data for your vehicle and so on, as well as talk to your RM.

3) The With You Hamesha app that lets you talk to Mahindra and do stuff like check your warranty, get a vehicle valuation in case you have a car to sell, book service, etc. This app also connects you to Mahindra's central database for info regarding your vehicle, like the above warranty data, service history, etc.

There is also a Live Young Live Free app that helps you plan and do road trips, holidays, etc. More general info and planning advice than any actual booking.
pillainp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2016, 21:27   #1408
BHPian

Quote:
Hii do us know how it goes at the service. A breakup of bill details will be nice. it's awesome you're hitting the 5k service in just about 2 months.

Hey thanks for that. I didn't know mahindra has so many apps. They're quite mobile / tech savvy I must say, what with the bluesense app and all. I do have the app now and shows the shield warranty till 2021 just like yours.

The Mahindra showroom NBS being company owned I expected them to be more professional / forthcoming after hearing so much about the legendary Mahindra customer support
To answer your question its been a fortnight and no one has bothered to call even once. No RM no SA nothing.
In fact during delivery I was told some guy was to come and explain all the technical nitty gritty of the cheetah. Appointment was fixed but no one turned up.
At least TVS Mahindra Trivandrum did actually send a guy to explaing stuff about the car the next day after we took delivery. He was pretty good and explained everything in pretty good detail.

For example, did you know that there is an emergency release for the boot lid hidden inside the emergency triangle compartment in the boot lid? Stuff like that.

Also, embarassingly, a screw fell out of the steering cowling just as I was driving the car out of the delivery area. Nothing serious, and no physical effects whatsoever; just the psychological trauma of having something fall off your brand new car just as you take delivery

But this also they took care of, sending a guy around to fix it the very next day, along with a little box of chocolates, and an invite to a get-together for members of the "Mahindra Family" as they refer to their customers.

All in all a far more personal experience that I have with VW.

I will probably collar this RM guy in his lair tomorrow. Wish me luck and minimal injury

Since that first screw, and in my 5000 km so far (including two trips to Ernakulam), nothing has fallen off, and nothing is rattling.

There is only this little squeak that I hear randomly when I close the door. This changes with the door and the time. Sometimes I don't hear it at all, other times it changes with the door being closed. And the location of the squeak changes as well, at random.

I'm guessing this is just the car keeping me on my toes, making sure I don't get to feeling too smug (sadly the 2 smilie rule is cramping my style here - So LOL goes here.).
Old 23rd May 2016, 23:13   #1409
BHPian

Quote:
At least TVS Mahindra Trivandrum did actually send a guy to explaing stuff about the car the next day after we took delivery. He was pretty good and explained everything in pretty good detail.

Also, embarassingly, a screw fell out of the steering cowling just as I was driving the car out of the delivery area. Nothing serious, and no physical effects whatsoever; just the psychological trauma of having something fall off your brand new car just as you take delivery

But this also they took care of, sending a guy around to fix it the very next day, along with a little box of chocolates, and an invite to a get-together for members of the "Mahindra Family" as they refer to their customers.

All in all a far more personal experience that I have with VW.

I will probably collar this RM guy in his lair tomorrow. Wish me luck and minimal injury

Since that first screw, and in my 5000 km so far (including two trips to Ernakulam), nothing has fallen off, and nothing is rattling.

There is only this little squeak that I hear randomly when I close the door. This changes with the door and the time. Sometimes I don't hear it at all, other times it changes with the door being closed. And the location of the squeak changes as well, at random.

I'm guessing this is just the car keeping me on my toes, making sure I don't get to feeling too smug (sadly the 2 smilie rule is cramping my style here - So LOL goes here.).
That's commendable the guy visited so quickly after delivery after all that's when you need to get to know the cheetah the most. Did not know about the emergency compartment at all. The Mahindra family initiative is really a very warm gesture and I don't think it happens here in Mumbai. Best wishes for the 5k service tomorrow. The minimum niggles for you as of now are a good indication of the improvement in QC for mahindra. Having said that my cheetah's boot door does make a sound each time opening / shutting. SA said that was normal. I also find the speakers cracking beyond 3/4th volume when playing on USB. My SX4 earlier or even my Grand i10 now has minimum sound distortion comparatively.
Old 23rd May 2016, 23:51   #1410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey thanks for the response.

Do you by any chance have pictures for comparison?
Unfortunately not, But just to give you an idea, The bosch ones are very thin, The oem ones have a sort of cover over the wiper which makes it look huge. My dad too din't like the bosch ones just because they were looking too tiny.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks