Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2016, 19:32   #1471
BHPian

I am pleased to inform you of the following findings from painstaking research conducted during several minutes today .

1) Except when you are actively receiving or making a call the phone buttons function as follows:

a) Single press - Tunes radio up or down (accept/call and reject/end buttons respectively) by 0.10 MHz.

b) Long press (>2 seconds) - Seeks next station up or down the bands (accept/call and reject/end buttons respectively).

2) In Music Mode:

a) Long Press (>2 seconds either button) - Does not seem to do anything.

b) Single press/tap - Changes to next or previous track (accept/call and reject/end buttons respectively).

Last edited by pillainp : 31st May 2016 at 19:33.
pillainp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2016, 20:01   #1472
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post

1) Except when you are actively receiving or making a call the phone buttons function as follows:

a) Single press - Tunes radio up or down (accept/call and reject/end buttons respectively) by 0.10 MHz.
It is still annoying to keep pressing it till you reach your desired station right?

Quote:
b) Long press (>2 seconds) - Seeks next station up or down the bands (accept/call and reject/end buttons respectively).
It does the work but still is time consuming for something that you want to know instantly, For instance we need to go through all the radio stations to find the song that we would like to listen right? which again means it gets a bit annoying.

A Single tap on the screen works for me, Rather listening to music via USB and changing songs with the steering control is the best.
Old 31st May 2016, 20:54   #1473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
Welcome to a Mahindra vehicle again, Where you cannot change the FM radio channels using the steering mounted controls, Only way to change it is to use your one hand while driving.
Haha OK I was hoping there was a way around that. Maybe a software update gets this feature. Mahindra guys are you listening.
Also tanveer read somewhere you can connect two mobile devices via Bluetooth one for calls and the other for music. That's pretty cool though I have all my music on the iPhone 6 plus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillainp View Post
I am pleased to inform you of the following findings from painstaking research conducted during several minutes today .

2) In Music Mode:

a) Long Press (>2 seconds either button) - Does not seem to do anything.

b) Single press/tap - Changes to next or previous track (accept/call and reject/end buttons respectively).
Wow that's some great information and will try out all of the above tomorrow. Was also wondering how to take and end calls from the steering and have found the answer to that as well from your post.
For navigation have already reduced the volume from settings but as long as it's on at every turning / navigation announcement the music volume will change especially if the music is on the louder side.

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 31st May 2016 at 20:59.
Old 31st May 2016, 21:00   #1474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Haha OK I was hoping there was a way around that. Maybe a software update gets this feature. Mahindra guys are you listening.
Mahindra is not listening, Changing radio channels with a single tap was not available in the previous generation XUV 500 too.

Quote:
For navigation have already reduced the volume from settings but as long as it's on at every turning / navigation announcement the music volume will change especially if the music is on the louder side.
There is an option to completely mute the navigation setting, I think the option comes on once you go in the settings where it says NAV MUTE, ON or OFF, Just select on and your good to go, Can't tell you exactly where this setting was, Maybe someone else can check and let you know.

Last edited by Tanveer_2558 : 31st May 2016 at 21:00. Reason: Typo
Old 31st May 2016, 21:08   #1475
BHPian

Quote:
Mahindra is not listening, Changing radio channels with a single tap was not available in the previous generation XUV 500 too.

There is an option to completely mute the navigation setting, I think the option comes on once you go in the settings where it says NAV MUTE, ON or OFF, Just select on and your good to go, Can't tell you exactly where this setting was, Maybe someone else can check and let you know.
Maybe they will now since it's from a friend of a two time xuv 5OO owner
I will definitely be trying that though I've gone through most of the settings and didn't find anything like that.
OH and finally the remaining accessories namely magnetic shades and rain visors were fitted today. Got details of the RM also albeit 3 weeks later.

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 31st May 2016 at 21:09.
Old 1st June 2016, 11:21   #1476

Latest news reports say that Xuv500 will soon get a petrol engine. Which it is M&M's strategy to tackles the diesel bans.
It's Good news for people like me who would love to own Xuv500 but would have to keep it for more than 10 years as my use is very limited and can't afford to change vehicle frequently.
Source : http://www.oncars.in/car-news/mahind...ine-soon/10754
PS: I don't know if it is the right place to post this so mods please advise.
Old 2nd June 2016, 11:23   #1477
BANNED

Is Mahindra working on a lower-spec'ed XUV?

One of my friend who has some connection to the Mahindra development center in Chennai had earlier mentioned that Mahindra may come up with a lower-spec'ed, lower-priced XUV to compete with the newer compact "SUV"s.

Today, I saw an XUV being road-tested along with a whole bunch of newer cars - Duster, Creta, Ecosport, Brezza and Mobilio!

What's cooking? Any info available on these lines?
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 11:26   #1478
BHPian

Re: Is Mahindra working on a lower-spec'ed XUV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Mahindra may come up with a lower-spec'ed, lower-priced XUV to compete with the newer compact "SUV"s.
Wasn't the KUV100 supposed to do that? Plus they already have the W4 and W6 which are relatively less expensive than W8 and W10.

Perhaps they are actively developing a 1.99L petrol engine, and maybe that is what htey are working on
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 11:30   #1479
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Is Mahindra working on a lower-spec'ed XUV?

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Today, I saw an XUV being road-tested along with a whole bunch of newer cars - Duster, Creta, Ecosport, Brezza and Mobilio!

What's cooking? Any info available on these lines?
That's most probably the XUV500 petrol (Scoop! XUV500 Petrol caught testing in Chennai) being tested against those benchmark cars. Supposed to come with a 2.2L petrol-powered engine, jointly developed with Ssangyong.

It is scheduled to be launched later this year (Scoop! XUV500 Petrol caught testing in Chennai), together with the Scorpio petrol.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 2nd June 2016 at 11:33.
RavenAvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 13:22   #1480
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Prateek Deogirikar for sharing!

Quote:
The current discussion is around changing of FM channel through one touch steering wheel.

I would like to share that FM channels can be changed through one touch VR mode by saying command " Preset 1" for channel 1 and "Preset 2" for channel 2 and so on. Hope you can post this on the forum for the benefit of all. Cheers!
GTO is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2016, 14:37   #1481
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Thanks to Prateek Deogirikar for sharing!
Problem is, The voice command doesn't work well for me, Doesn't understand what i try to say, Even if this is a way to change, I find pressing a button on the steering wheel just once (Like it happens in jetta) to be the most convenient way to toggle through radio channels.
Old 2nd June 2016, 16:33   #1482
BHPian

Quote:
Problem is, The voice command doesn't work well for me, Doesn't understand what i try to say, Even if this is a way to change, I find pressing a button on the steering wheel just once (Like it happens in jetta) to be the most convenient way to toggle through radio channels.
When you say the 'easiest way', I guess voice command is. However not discounting your comfort with buttons on steering wheel!
Old 2nd June 2016, 17:08   #1483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
When you say the 'easiest way', I guess voice command is. However not discounting your comfort with buttons on steering wheel!
Yeah, The convenience by just pressing a button and changing through the channels is unbeatable, Specially for me if there is someone else in the car and ill try to give a voice common which the car won't recognise or the car might understand something else would be a little embarrassing.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2016, 23:07   #1484
BHPian

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

I left my Sep2015 new age XUV for 2nd service at Sireesh Auto Singasandra today. Later in the afternoon, I was told that my vehicle is in recall list for gearbox component replacement. I am yet to get the exact details. Did anyone gone through this for your vehicle ?

Last edited by sbala : 4th June 2016 at 23:13.
Old 5th June 2016, 00:29   #1485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbala View Post
I left my Sep2015 new age XUV for 2nd service at Sireesh Auto Singasandra today. Later in the afternoon, I was told that my vehicle is in recall list for gearbox component replacement. I am yet to get the exact details. Did anyone gone through this for your vehicle ?
Had spoken to my service advisor just yesterday, He did not say there is any update or recall for my car which is also a 2015 model, Apart from just one update for the infotainment system.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks