Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2015, 11:25   #481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S5157 View Post

1. Middle Row seat rattling within two days of delivery. Dealer was very helpful and they have replaced the seat when I complained and issue was fixed.
I now face the same issue. There is rattle from the left part of the middle row when there is no occupant. It disappears when the seat is occupied.
What did the SA have to say about the issue? Did you get the whole seat replaced or just got all the screws tightened?
Old 18th August 2015, 11:59   #482
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post
I now face the same issue. There is rattle from the left part of the middle row when there is no occupant. It disappears when the seat is occupied.
What did the SA have to say about the issue? Did you get the whole seat replaced or just got all the screws tightened?
The issue is similar as the one I faced. No rattling when the seat is occupied. The SA mentioned that they tried with adjusting the screws but it didn't help. So they replaced the left seat, the one which can be folded for entry to third row.
Old 18th August 2015, 12:39   #483
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The issue is similar as the one I faced. No rattling when the seat is occupied. The SA mentioned that they tried with adjusting the screws but it didn't help. So they replaced the left seat, the one which can be folded for entry to third row.

I have the same issue, To increase the problem the left seat which is foldable is stuck, Which means it isnt going all the way forward so that the person can get on the third row comfortably.
Old 18th August 2015, 18:11   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayon View Post
This is the blowup of the wheel. got the job done by a professional shop in dehradun. Am not exactly aware of the paint specification but had specified it to be durable, scratch & heat resistant.
Thanks for the pictures ayon. Is it the same color as the fortuner alloys and would appreciate if you can share how much it cost you. Also how long did it take for the job to be completed.
Old 18th August 2015, 19:25   #485
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi@98 View Post

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I have the same issue, To increase the problem the left seat which is foldable is stuck, Which means it isnt going all the way forward so that the person can get on the third row comfortably.

I had/have the same problem but figured out its the seat belt that is swinging around causing the noise. It's heard only when the middle row is unoccupied and the noise is very irritating.
I tried multiple ways to fix the seat belt to its slot and finally the rattle stopped but does recur if the belt loosens up from its slot. I initially did think it's the seat that's rattling as you see it vibrating when it's empty but later realised the seat vibration is not making the noise.
You might want to check your seat belts.
Prash22 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2015, 07:14   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Thanks for the pictures ayon. Is it the same color as the fortuner alloys and would appreciate if you can share how much it cost you. Also how long did it take for the job to be completed.
It is the same colour as the fortuner. had sent a chap to the toyota showroom to get the colour matched! The job took almost two days primarily because of the weather. Cost approx 4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
It is the same colour as the fortuner. had sent a chap to the toyota showroom to get the colour matched! The job took almost two days primarily because of the weather. cost approx 4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
Good choice of color Ayon. Goes well with white. Just a suggestion..... You can try painting the calipers yellow or red. It would be killer
That was my choice also, wanted to paint them red..but was shot down by the Wife. had a tough time convincing her to let me get the wheels painted

I got a call yesterday from the mahindra dealer regarding recall of the new age xuv500 for some software upgrade. They said it will be a 10 minute job and all the new XUV are affected. anyone else got it too?

Mod Note: Please edit the prior post instead of creating multiple back to back posts

Last edited by ampere : 19th August 2015 at 07:50. Reason: Merged back to back posts
Old 20th August 2015, 11:59   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayon View Post

I got a call yesterday from the mahindra dealer regarding recall of the new age xuv500 for some software upgrade. They said it will be a 10 minute job and all the new XUV are affected. anyone else got it too?
You can go over my thread about details on SW upgrade they did for bugs I raised.

Btw can you find which version of SW they're upgrading? Except map SW, I can't find any version info anywhere. After the upgrade, the music playback shows small text about the source (USB, BT). Do you see it too?

Mahindra R&D team is continuing to work on fixes/enhancement and expect an update every now and then.
Old 20th August 2015, 19:39   #488

Hello fellow BHPians. This is my first post on Team BHP. Very proud to be a part of this family.

After going through all the XUV threads on the forum, I decided to take the plunge and booked a Pearl While W6 last week. Will bring him home next week.

I am planning to fit alloys and didn't like the options that Mahindra guys showed me. Can someone direct me to Alloy wheel dealer in Mumbai where I can see a good collection of alloys for XUV. Already visited Bombay Tires at Milan subway but he had only a couple of designs for XUV.
Old 20th August 2015, 21:01   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba View Post
Hello fellow BHPians. This is my first post on Team BHP. Very proud to be a part of this family.

After going through all the XUV threads on the forum, I decided to take the plunge and booked a Pearl While W6 last week. Will bring him home next week.

I am planning to fit alloys and didn't like the options that Mahindra guys showed me. Can someone direct me to Alloy wheel dealer in Mumbai where I can see a good collection of alloys for XUV. Already visited Bombay Tires at Milan subway but he had only a couple of designs for XUV.
Welcome to the TeamBHP forum Simba. Heartiest congratulations on your new cheetah. Even more glad since another from Mumbai is getting the facelift xuv. Ill also be getting my own cheetah in a few months (waiting for any info about the autobox expected this holiday season) wish u many (s)miles. People like SDP who have reviewed the new age xuv will be the best to tell you about alloys and you show direct your questions to the experienced owners. Do share details about your dealer how were the transactions and did he offer any discount. Ownership report will also be awaited.
cheers
vinit
Old 20th August 2015, 21:36   #490
BHPian

Folks an FYI. I was told that the new age XUV W8 reverse camera accessory will not support showing camera view to the infotainment system till a software update is made. I just heard from Mahindra's Area Sales Manager that the software is ready and can be installed at the dealer. I will be taking the car to Sireesh Auto next week to get the reverse camera accessory fitted.
nd4$pd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2015, 22:20   #491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
Folks an FYI. I was told that the new age XUV W8 reverse camera accessory will not support showing camera view to the infotainment system till a software update is made. I just heard from Mahindra's Area Sales Manager that the software is ready and can be installed at the dealer. I will be taking the car to Sireesh Auto next week to get the reverse camera accessory fitted.

That's very useful information. Do get the software updated and let us all know if it all works out will be looking forward to that. I'm sure many will follow.
Old 20th August 2015, 22:33   #492

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
Has the Sireesh accessory team mentioned where they will fit the reverse camera. Will it be by drilling a hole in the rear bumper or in the rear tail gate strip where there is already a provision to fit the camera (similar to W10)?

It will be disappointing if they still fit the camera on the bumper since there is a possibility of reduction in visibility id a rear guard is fitted.
Old 21st August 2015, 05:17   #493
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chhandak View Post
Has the Sireesh accessory team mentioned where they will fit the reverse camera. Will it be by drilling a hole in the rear bumper or in the rear tail gate strip where there is already a provision to fit the camera (similar to W10)?

It will be disappointing if they still fit the camera on the bumper since there is a possibility of reduction in visibility id a rear guard is fitted.
It will be in the bumper. The service advisor informed me that the rear tail gate strip has been provided the same in w8 to save on costs (same parts across the range)

Also the camera is not the dynamic one found in w10
Old 21st August 2015, 09:43   #494
BHPian

Quote:

4. The infotainment has a mind of its own. It plays from random albums after the car has been switched off and switched on and also it is a pain to scroll through albums. A simple feature like folder browsing would have been helpful. My earlier car SX4 had this feature and was much easy to use.
Today, my infotainment system started playing the songs from the beginning (first song of the first folder) of the USB drive. This is what happened - I started the car and wanted to move around 20 meters to park the car further down the road. I felt too lazy to wear seat belt for a distance of 20 meters, so drove without seat belt. As usual the warning came up (both audio and alert on the infotainment system). Soon after this, it started playing from the first song of the USB drive. I guess this reset is due to the alert that came up on infotainment system. Have you had any such alerts as well when you noticed the random behaviour of your infotainment system?
Old 21st August 2015, 09:58   #495
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian View Post
Today, my infotainment system started playing the songs from the beginning (first song of the first folder) of the USB drive. This is what happened - I started the car and wanted to move around 20 meters to park the car further down the road. I felt too lazy to wear seat belt for a distance of 20 meters, so drove without seat belt. As usual the warning came up (both audio and alert on the infotainment system). Soon after this, it started playing from the first song of the USB drive. I guess this reset is due to the alert that came up on infotainment system. Have you had any such alerts as well when you noticed the random behaviour of your infotainment system?

Looks like M&M at least are taking safety aspects very seriously. Another reason to buckle up will be to avoid resetting the music sequence. Maybe a deterrent for some. Maybe they should program it to reset it after a km of driving without seat belts. Just kidding can understand how cumbersome it can be to buckle up for a few meters. 😜

Most Viewed