Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2016, 10:00   #1276
BHPian

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Apologies in advance if this ends up confusing you-
Now, we pay ~18% towards registration, LTT etc. and the vehicle is approximately 1- 1.5 lacs more expensive in Bangalore, than in other cities. KK28 has quoted 19.25 lacs for W10 FWD in Bangalore, and hence, isn't your quote for 19.38 lacs for W8 AWD in Mumbai on the higher side? Have you taken quotes from other dealers as well. Are you buying insurance from the dealer? Dealers in Bangalore quote 70K for insurance, and then offer discount on them. I took an alternate quote from policy bazaar, haggled like crazy and finally paid the dealer 40K for ICICI Lombard, and this is zero depreciation.

My dealer told me that they receive different units for W8 and other variants. Not sure if it is the same manufacturer. They insist on drilling the bumper, rather than installing on the camera bracket near the rear number plate. Inadequate length of wiring/ harness was the reason given to me. I am happy with the camera, including when I have to use it in my poorly lit basement parking. Please note, the dynamic green lines that we see in the infotainment screen wont work- they will remain straight even if you turn your steering wheel.
Hii ajay totally agree with you about it absolutely being hard earned money being invested. I'm sorry if I confused you. To elaborate what you are saying is exactly right. The insurance is 70k with a 50 pc discount on it for all the manual variants. The 19.38 on road include 35k for insurance + 10k for zero dep + 22950 for extended warranty.
I have hence chosen to go in for my own insurance under policy bazaar and will be trying to get the best quote for zero dep.
Checked with another dealer and prices are almost same give or take Rs 1000/-
Chose the particular dealer NBS since it's a mahindra owned enterprise.

Well understood the information on the reverse camera so is there a way to fix it without drilling the bumper. Is there any other camera in the market that you know of which will allow dynamic assistance like in the W10.
Did you get the refresh W8 or the older one without push button.
Cheers!

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 29th April 2016 at 10:04.
Old 29th April 2016, 10:03   #1277
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Well understood the information on the reverse camera so is there a way to fix it without drilling the bumper. Is there any other camera in the market that you know of which will allow dynamic assistance like in the W10.
Did you get the refresh W8 or the older one without push button.
Cheers!
I got the refreshed W8. I had booked mine in mid-Feb, but there was a delay in production, and got the refreshed model in March (every dark cloud has a silver lining!) I did not have the time and inclination to research on the reverse cameras. I went with whatever was available with the dealer.

Regarding the pricing, I guess where I am coming from is that cars in the 15- 20 lacs bracket are atleast 1- 2 lacs more expensive in Bangalore. This is because of the high taxes we pay ~18%. So if KK28 is paying 19.25 lacs for a W10 FWD MT today, in Bangalore, then its price in Mumbai should be around 18 lacs, or less. And, a W8 AWD MT should be in that same price range. This is not to say that you would not have done your due diligence, just that I was surprised at seeing these two quotes- given that we in Bangalore constantly complain about high prices here.

Last edited by ajayclicks : 29th April 2016 at 10:16.
Old 29th April 2016, 10:08   #1278
BHPian

Quote:
I got the refreshed W8. I had booked mine in mid-Feb, but there was a delay in production, and got the refreshed model in March (every dark cloud has a silver lining!) I did not have the time and inclination to research on the reverse cameras. I went with whatever was available with the dealer.

Hii have just edited the last post with dealership information you asked. Wow that's great that you got the refresh model. It's wonderful. Since it's a push button is there a request button on the driver door where you can open it with keys in your pocket.
Also what's the deal with the Purple Club. Is it any good.
Does the cheetah have Scuff plates for 1st two rows.
Old 29th April 2016, 10:38   #1279
BHPian

Quote:
Hii have just edited the last post with dealership information you asked. Wow that's great that you got the refresh model. It's wonderful. Since it's a push button is there a request button on the driver door where you can open it with keys in your pocket.
Also what's the deal with the Purple Club. Is it any good.
Does the cheetah have Scuff plates for 1st two rows.
The only thing that entices me about Purple club is that you get 3 nights 4 days stay (only stay) free for 4 people in Club Mahindra (non peak time obviously). Plus, once during the year, you can get a "spa"kinda car wash for your car at the dealer's workshop.

Scuff plates are optional accessory for W8, and yes, there is a request button on the driver's door.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 10:55   #1280
BHPian

Quote:
Regarding the pricing, I guess where I am coming from is that cars in the 15- 20 lacs bracket are atleast 1- 2 lacs more expensive in Bangalore. This is because of the high taxes we pay ~18%. So if KK28 is paying 19.25 lacs for a W10 FWD MT today, in Bangalore, then its price in Mumbai should be around 18 lacs, or less. And, a W8 AWD MT should be in that same price range. This is not to say that you would not have done your due diligence, just that I was surprised at seeing these two quotes- given that we in Bangalore constantly complain about high prices here.
In Bombay we pay 4.5% Octroi on the ex-showroom price which is not charged in Bangalore, plus 12% registration charges on diesel vehicles priced > 10 lakhs. So effectively we're paying almost the same as the price you pay in Bangalore (difference of ~ 1%).
phoenixash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 10:57   #1281
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixash View Post
In Bombay we pay 4.5% Octroi on the ex-showroom price which is not charged in Bangalore, plus 12% registration charges on diesel vehicles priced > 10 lakhs. So effectively we're paying almost the same as the price you pay in Bangalore (difference of ~ 1%).
Thanks for the clarification. Did not take into account the Octroi.
Old 29th April 2016, 10:58   #1282
BHPian

Quote:
The only thing that entices me about Purple club is that you get 3 nights 4 days stay (only stay) free for 4 people in Club Mahindra (non peak time obviously). Plus, once during the year, you can get a "spa"kinda car wash for your car at the dealer's workshop.

Scuff plates are optional accessory for W8, and yes, there is a request button on the driver's door.
Hii ajay that's a sweet deal. Do all xuv owners get the club membership or is there a criteria. So Scuff plates will have to be bought separately. Good to know there's a request button on driver's door.
Have gotten used to it on my Grand i10.
Old 29th April 2016, 12:06   #1283
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hii ajay that's a sweet deal. Do all xuv owners get the club membership or is there a criteria. So Scuff plates will have to be bought separately. Good to know there's a request button on driver's door.

Have gotten used to it on my Grand i10.

You'll get the purple club membership a few days later in a courier along with the various vouchers you can use.
Tanveer_2558 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 12:21   #1284
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
You'll get the purple club membership a few days later in a courier along with the various vouchers you can use.
Something different occurred with me: I got it on the same day whilst handing over the key- the SA gave me the Purple Club membership and other eyecandy vouchers(Raymond and Domino's Pizza coupons).
Old 29th April 2016, 12:22   #1285
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobvarughese View Post
Something different occurred with me: I got it on the same day whilst handing over the key- the SA gave me the Purple Club membership and other eyecandy vouchers(Raymond and Domino's Pizza coupons).

Yeah the same was given to me when i took the first generation XUV, It was handed to me while taking the delivery, But did not get it along while taking the delivery for the New age XUV, Got it after a couple of days via courier.
Old 29th April 2016, 16:40   #1286
BHPian

I got my Purple Club kit when we took delivery too.

Jacob, have you used the 3 nights 4 days offer yet?

We need a break and are thinking of using it thus month around 22nd (my birthday).

Do you know any good places in South or Middle Kerala or maybe south TN within driving distance of 4-5 hours?
Old 1st May 2016, 11:02   #1287
BHPian

Hey guys,
Just wanted to know if anyone has opted for the 3M (ANTIRUST + PAINT PROTECTION) package as part of the accessories list while taking delivery for the new XUV 500. The amount quoted is 12,206/- which includes both of the above. Sounds like a good deal. Any inputs
Individually, ANTIRUST = 7629/-
PAINT PROTECTION = 7629/-
Old 1st May 2016, 12:04   #1288
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,
Just wanted to know if anyone has opted for the 3M (ANTIRUST + PAINT PROTECTION) package as part of the accessories list while taking delivery for the new XUV 500. The amount quoted is 12,206/- which includes both of the above. Sounds like a good deal. Any inputs
I got underbody antirust and silencer antirust done at the 3M car care store after taking delivery. Both costed about 7000, i think. I did not opt for paint protection at 3M but got it done at a detailer separately.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 18:49   #1289
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,
Just wanted to know if anyone has opted for the 3M (ANTIRUST + PAINT PROTECTION) package as part of the accessories list while taking delivery for the new XUV 500.
I was told that 3M Paint protection should not be done on White color as it tends to change the color to yellowish over time. Please check on this if your color of choice is white.
kk28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 19:14   #1290
BHPian

Quote:
Hey guys,
I think the charges are too high in showroom. Get anti rust done of Wurth along with silencer coating should be approx 4 to 5K from outside. Wurth is thicker than 3M and helps in dampening too.

Paint protection is not that important better to keep it as it is. Would suggest to get paint restoration done after 2 to 3 years which will give it a showroom finish again.
rahul_kej is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks