Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st May 2016, 19:34   #1291
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Hey guys,
Just wanted to know if anyone has opted for the 3M (ANTIRUST + PAINT PROTECTION) package as part of the accessories list while taking delivery for the new XUV 500. The amount quoted is 12,206/- which includes both of the above. Sounds like a good deal. Any inputs
Individually, ANTIRUST = 7629/-
PAINT PROTECTION = 7629/-
Hi,

I had give my car yesterday at 3M outlet for the very 3 services mentioned .
The following is the split for the jobs
1.Paint protection Plan INR 5542
2.Front Sun film CR 70 INR 8115
3.Rest of the car RE 70 INR 6400
4.Underbody Coating INR 4798

Total INR 24855
Since all the 3 services were availed , 10% discount -Effectively INR 22,370.

Since me and my colleague had given 2 cars ( both W8 AT), we were given the door edge protection Film and the silencer anti rust coating complementary !!

All in all , saturday well spent.
mjkaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 20:19   #1292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkaushal View Post
Hi,

I had give my car yesterday at 3M outlet for the very 3 services mentioned .
The following is the split for the jobs
1.Paint protection Plan INR 5542
2.Front Sun film CR 70 INR 8115
3.Rest of the car RE 70 INR 6400
4.Underbody Coating INR 4798

Total INR 24855
Since all the 3 services were availed , 10% discount -Effectively INR 22,370.

Since me and my colleague had given 2 cars ( both W8 AT), we were given the door edge protection Film and the silencer anti rust coating complementary !!

All in all , saturday well spent.
Hii kaushal, thanks for the info. Pardon my ignorance but can you elaborate on CR and RE 70. I have just been told a general antitrust and paint protection treatment as mentioned above. Should I ask for something in particular and / or in addition to the two. I have very limited knowledge about same so the confusion
The cheetah is a W8 refresh AWD.
Old 1st May 2016, 20:26   #1293
BHPian

Quote:
Hii kaushal, thanks for the info. Pardon my ignorance but can you elaborate on CR and RE 70. I have just been told a general antitrust and paint protection treatment as mentioned above. Should I ask for something in particular and / or in addition to the two. I have very limited knowledge about same so the confusion
The cheetah is a W8 refresh AWD.
Hi Vinit,

CR 70 is a film which allows 70% light and cuts off majority of the heat which falls on the dash board and RE is the kind of film which allows similar light but cuts off UV and IR rays to some extent, though some amount of heat filters through, but all in all the cabin is lot cooler and the AC is very effective even in this peak summer.

Probably google up some more for detailed explanation of the said films.
mjkaushal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2016, 21:24   #1294
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk28 View Post
I was told that 3M Paint protection should not be done on White color as it tends to change the color to yellowish over time. Please check on this if your color of choice is white.
Hii kk it's a silver cheetah so I guess it should be okay then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
I think the charges are too high in showroom. Get anti rust done of Wurth along with silencer coating should be approx 4 to 5K from outside. Wurth is thicker than 3M and helps in dampening too.

Paint protection is not that important better to keep it as it is. Would suggest to get paint restoration done after 2 to 3 years which will give it a showroom finish again.
Hii Rahul thanks for that, will be looking at wurth now. Anyone got it done in Bombay? I believe this is paint protection and not restoration are they both the same thing.Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Hi Vinit,

CR 70 is a film which allows 70% light and cuts off majority of the heat which falls on the dash board and RE is the kind of film which allows similar light but cuts off UV and IR rays to some extent, though some amount of heat filters through, but all in all the cabin is lot cooler and the AC is very effective even in this peak summer.

Probably google up some more for detailed explanation of the said films.
Wow kaushal that's some really good information. Will definitely go in for it and wondering if any more fellow owners have gone in for these films. Which is the best place for 3M treatment in Bombay. Any suggestions.
Old 2nd May 2016, 19:41   #1295
BHPian

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

So last week we (tanveer I.e. tanveer_2558 and me) went for the PDI of the W8 refresh AWD Silver cheetah I had booked, at the NBS mumbra stockyard

He has been really kind to join me for the same and did an awesome job with a really keen eye. We found a few niggles which I would have never found without his help.

The niggles were quite minor depending on the way you look at it.

Here's a list of them

Issues in xuv w8 refresh awd at yard inspection -

Spare wheel no place for spanner to access

Boot door uneven from both sides at the rear

Beige glove box inside is loose/ hanging

Front left wiper side cladding

Under car insulation loose /hanging

Front bonnet fitting uneven from both sides

Both front seats slightly dirty

Note: ODO reading = 15 kms

Have conveyed same to the SA let's hope same is resolved prior delivery

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 2nd May 2016 at 19:43.
Old 4th May 2016, 22:23   #1296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager-1 View Post
I test drove two different XUVs and found the high beams not properly focused. Even in their lowest position, the beams were not falling on the road, they were going parallel to the road and even lit up the tree tops on the road side. High beams' throw is an important reason for considering XUV and I was disappointed. Whereas in case of other SUVs I drove (Fortuner and Safari Storme), the high beams were perfectly angled down to the road and they lit up the road nicely.

Are others facing the issue? I thought it could be an one-off problem with the test drive vehicle, but found the same problem in another XUV with another dealership. Can the high beams be focused to correct their throw? I asked the sales guy to check with the service advisor and call me back, but no response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
I kind of have similar issue on my car as well. Since havnt done too many night drives, its been a non issue. It is adjustable and I plan to get it done during my 2nd service.
I spent good amount of quality time with XUV and Mahindra's service personnel this evening in analysing the XUV headlamp beams. Here are some disappointing revelations on the XUV's high beams. I really appreciate Mahindra team's eagerness in trying to understand the issue. Even though I do not own or booked an XUV, they were very patient and co-operative in understanding the issue.

After a disappointing night time test drive (quoted above), I had tweeted Anand Mahindra and XUV handles about the issue.

Name:  XUVTweet1.png
Views: 2085
Size:  12.0 KB

The customer care promptly responded and I got a call from an SA in Sireesh Auto, Bangalore the next day. The SA patiently listed to me and later explained how XUV's headlamps are following European lighting standards. He also pointed me to the below video, which I had already seen. He said, none of the customers have reported this issue, however he would still arrange for a test drive. Three weeks passed without response from them.

Another tweet evoked immediate response.
Name:  XUVTweet2.png
Views: 2044
Size:  14.3 KB

This time, the same SA asked me to come to the service centre to discuss the issue in person. He initially told that we can check the beam focusing with the cars that had come for service. But I insisted that I needed the same test drive vehicle which I drove earlier (W10 MT) from their Yelahanka showroom, for which they agreed. Appointment was fixed for 5:30 PM today.

The same W10 MT was brought to the Jakkur service centre promptly. We straight away took the vehicle to the service area. The headlamp aligning board was put in front of the vehicle.

Low Beams:
The low beams (projector) were properly aligned to the horizontal and angled lines emanating from the circle marked as XUV.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20160504_175158a.jpg

A close up shot of the aligning lines (with low beams).
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20160504_175208.jpg

Then we switched on the high beams and started adjusting the head lamp leveller. Now, this is where an important finding came out - Only the low beams moved and the high beams were standing still in the same position. I had always thought that the headlamp leveller will move both high and low beams together. One can never adjust the high beam levels to near/far visibility due to vehicle load or speed. The service personnel confirmed the same. They also added that this is the case with all vehicles having dual barrel headlights, I doubt this claim though!

This is how the alignment board looked with both low and high beams turned on. As you can see, one cannot really make out the high beam's throw. So, we removed the aligning board and let the beams lit up the area in front.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20160504_175221.jpg

Only with low beams: The area up to the number plate of Scorpio is lit.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20160504_180151a.jpg

With both low and high beams: You can see that it is lighting the area above the number plate and the walls above the Scorpio. This is bad alignment. Instead of angling down to the road, the beams are going parallel to the ground.
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20160504_180157a.jpg

By now, the XUV electrician as well as the Sales Advisors started realizing the problem I had been talking about. They still had some doubt in some corner of their mind and suggested that we should try it in a darker area or highway. I told them that I had a dedicated night time test drive only to test the high beams in the same vehicle and the problem was already seen. So, it was decided to take the vehicle to a darker area. It was only 6 PM and daylight was there. So, we decided to take it to my apartment basement.

This video illustrates the XUV 500's high beam problem. The centre of the 'high beam ball of light' goes parallel to the ground and it hits the wall well above the height of the bike parked there. With this 'parallel to the road' alignment, the high beams would never angle down to the road and this becomes a problem in highway visibility. Awaiting Mahindra's response now.
Voyager-1 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 07:16   #1297
BHPian

Hi, Has anyone changed the reverse camera for new XUV?. The camera provided has awful resolution which becomes worse during the night time. My previous XUV had a much better resolution camera and a better view while reversing. I intend to change the camera to a better one so would like the inputs regarding that.
Old 5th May 2016, 10:57   #1298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manasmadaan View Post
Hi, Has anyone changed the reverse camera for new XUV?. The camera provided has awful resolution which becomes worse during the night time. My previous XUV had a much better resolution camera and a better view while reversing. I intend to change the camera to a better one so would like the inputs regarding that.
Hi,

I had the reverse camera fixed to my W8 yesterday as a part of the free accessory supply. This camera was from Mahindra genuine accessory costing abour INR 2771 .

The image even in the night with only the parking light of the vehicles was pretty much clear. Its not of the quality of the other high end cars , but the quality of the picture is very much acceptable. The only hitch I see is the time delay between the actual movement and the image coming on the screen. I guess there's a delay of few milliseconds. The images appear to be dragged rather than the natural fluid movement.
Old 5th May 2016, 16:05   #1299
BHPian

I got the delivery of the new Age XUV W6, on 2nd May. This is from Anant Cars Bangalore. I got the Fog Lamps, Reverse Camera & Roof Carrier fitted as accessories.

I just wanted to confirm about the fitting on the rear camera. They fit the camera on bumper, while my understanding was that it would fit in place above the number plate (where we have it for W10).
Where has your camera been placed?

Last edited by mun1shk : 5th May 2016 at 16:20. Reason: Corrected the date to 2nd May instead of 3rd May.
Old 5th May 2016, 19:13   #1300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mun1shk View Post
Where has your camera been placed?
Cameras purchased as accessory, are placed on the bumper. As per the SA at Anant, this is because, these kits do not have adequate wiring length to be placed on the bracket provided at the rear door handle.
Old 5th May 2016, 20:01   #1301
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mun1shk View Post
I just wanted to confirm about the fitting on the rear camera. They fit the camera on bumper, while my understanding was that it would fit in place above the number plate (where we have it for W10).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
As per the SA at Anant, this is because, these kits do not have adequate wiring length to be placed on the bracket provided at the rear door handle.
Won't it be possible to a DIY to increase the wiring length or may be get hold of the wiring from a W10?

Can someone check the wiring on the W10 and replicate the same for other variants so that the reverse cam is placed in its original position rather than drilling holes.
Old 5th May 2016, 20:04   #1302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Won't it be possible to a DIY to increase the wiring length or may be get hold of the wiring from a W10?

Can someone check the wiring on the W10 and replicate the same for other variants so that the reverse cam is placed in its original position rather than drilling holes.
I wasn't sure if these guys were amenable to that. Plus I did not have the luxury of time to check all that. There are 4 sensors in the bumper anyways. So drilling and fixing a camera was not a big issue for me.
Old 5th May 2016, 21:20   #1303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post

I checked that with Anant Cars. I even offered to pay up for the longer cable as well, but was told that the wiring would not be possible to accommodate the camera on the tail gate.

I had to go with that option, as there was no other way to find out if that was true. Anyway it was just a 5 minute job of fixing the camera to the bumper and does not look out of place. Its pretty neat and clean.
Old 5th May 2016, 21:57   #1304
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I had the reverse camera fixed to my W8 yesterday as a part of the free accessory supply. This camera was from Mahindra genuine accessory costing abour INR 2771 .

The images appear to be dragged rather than the natural fluid movement.

Hey kaushal I am getting the reverse camera fixed on my W8 AWD refresh but I have been quoted a price of about 4.5k for the same. Just wondering from others how much did they end up paying.2771/- seems a really good deal.

Quote:
I checked that with Anant Cars. I even offered to pay up for the longer cable as well, but was told that the wiring would not be possible to accommodate the camera on the tail gate.

I had to go with that option, as there was no other way to find out if that was true. Anyway it was just a 5 minute job of fixing the camera to the bumper and does not look out of place. Its pretty neat and clean.

The same thing I asked to get a W10 ish camera to be fixed but got the same reply from dealership saying this is the only one they have for the W8.
Old 5th May 2016, 22:13   #1305
BHPian

Quote:
Hey kaushal I am getting the reverse camera fixed on my W8 AWD refresh but I have been quoted a price of about 4.5k for the same. Just wondering from others how much did they end up paying.2771/- seems a really good deal.

The same thing I asked to get a W10 ish camera to be fixed but got the same reply from dealership saying this is the only one they have for the W8.

Check the Genuine accessory camera box from Mahindra. The sticker price shows it as about INR 2771 odd ( Definitely not more than 3000) . Then how could they charge more that , but I remember that my Sales Advisor told me that the price is about 5000.May be its their sales strategy. First quote more and later bundle them as freebies .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks