Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2016, 19:11   #1636
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelWake View Post
Hi, I got details on extra work done and hence the labour charges. Can someone please take a look and say if this looks fine or what exactly is the work that is not part of 40k kms service.
The WA+WB charges are on the higher side. Should be around 1500.

If 40K service includes brake-oil change, they shouldn't charge you separately for brake-bleeding. If brake-fluid is replaced, brake-bleeding has to be done. That should already be covered as part of 3080 Rs for the 40K service.

Cowl panel cleaning done 750. If you have not authorized this work, don't pay. Same for inlet manifold cleaning and A/C service. If you have not asked for these and they haven't explicitly taken your approval BEFORE carrying out this work, you should not pay.

Overall, I feel AC-Service, Inlet manifold cleaning, cowl cleaning and brake bleeding adding up to 7300 Rs is what you should claim back. High time you escalate to customer care and talk to Area Customer Care Manager (name and number displayed at service center. You can also call service center and get the number).

This is a fraud. Please update when this is sorted out.

Can you please post a pic of your job-card? Let's see if any of these are mentioned over there and the estimate reflects these items prior to the work.

Last edited by SDP : 12th August 2016 at 19:15.
SDP is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 19:40   #1637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Can you please post a pic of your job-card? Let's see if any of these are mentioned over there and the estimate reflects these items prior to the work.
Don't they take the job card copy back? Every time I have turned in my car for servicing the copy they give is retained by them. I never asked for it but it was not in the envelope they gave me. just itemised bill and gate pass, that is all I have taken back along with car after each service.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 19:48   #1638
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
Don't they take the job card copy back? Every time I have turned in my car for servicing the copy they give is retained by them. I never asked for it but it was not in the envelope they gave me. just itemised bill and gate pass, that is all I have taken back along with car after each service.
When they print out the job-card, there are multiple copies. One is definitely meant for the customer. I always retain it.
SDP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 13:53   #1639

It has been 4 months since I got my XUV, and the car has just run 3800-odd kms.

In the service manual booklet, it has just been mentioned that the First service is to be done at 5000 kms. There is no time period mentioned.

Is there any time period before which I should get the first service done? I wasn't informed anything about this at the time of purchase.
Old 16th August 2016, 14:21   #1640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anand_Mur View Post
In the service manual booklet, it has just been mentioned that the First service is to be done at 5000 kms. There is no time period mentioned.

Is there any time period before which I should get the first service done? I wasn't informed anything about this at the time of purchase.
I clarified this when I was taking delivery. There is no time limit for the first service. From the next service onwards there seems to be a limit. This is because some fluid changes have a duration specified (engine oil - 1 year, brake fluid - 2/3 years etc.,.) and so the vehicle has to be serviced within that timeline.
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 14:51   #1641
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I clarified this when I was taking delivery. There is no time limit for the first service. From the next service onwards there seems to be a limit. This is because some fluid changes have a duration specified (engine oil - 1 year, brake fluid - 2/3 years etc.,.) and so the vehicle has to be serviced within that timeline.
There should still be some time limit - 10K and 20K are linked with time limit so technically 5K servicing cannot be overshot beyond 10K's time limit. Isn't?

By the way, one should just head out on a random weekend towards any directions he/she likes and where there are four lane highways. I am sure one will hit 5K mark easily and this question will become void

Last edited by abirnale : 16th August 2016 at 14:52.
abirnale is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2016, 17:14   #1642
BHPian

I am facing a super strange issue with my new age XUV. When the engine is running and I make a phone call (or receive a call) I get no audio from the infotainment. With the same phone and with everything else the same, I can make and receive phone calls with clear audio with the engine off but the infotainment on (One Hour Mode).
Has anyone faced this before?

Edit: My phone is a One Plus 3 (Android). I am yet to try this with my old phone (iPhone 6 Plus).

Last edited by nd4$pd : 16th August 2016 at 17:15.
Old 16th August 2016, 17:33   #1643

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Thank you for the clarification mtnrajdeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by abirnale View Post
There should still be some time limit - 10K and 20K are linked with time limit so technically 5K servicing cannot be overshot beyond 10K's time limit. Isn't?

By the way, one should just head out on a random weekend towards any directions he/she likes and where there are four lane highways. I am sure one will hit 5K mark easily and this question will become void
We have two more cars at home which are being used for daily commuting and short out of station trips. The XUV has been used only for journeys with long travel time. Being in the south, western ghats are to where most of our trips are. Our XUV has seen more ghat roads than highways and exploring the ghats has been an absolute bliss with this beast. Hence the long travel times with less kms travelled. And I'm already excited about our trip to Masinagudi next weekend
Anand_Mur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2016, 00:18   #1644
Senior - BHPian

Folks, just got done with a 1800 km round trip from Bangalore to Nanded and back via Hyderabad over the long weekend and few extra holidays. Car performed admirably over all kind of road conditions that it came across from awesome national highways where it cruises at legal/non-legal triple digits without breaking a sweat to completely extremely broken or non existent roads. The lateral movement on broken roads is tad annoying but livable if distances are not huge in my view.

A lot has been said about XUV braking being inadequate at times but one close call I had on NH7 from Hyd to Bangalore which really reinforced my faith in its braking. I was at about 120kmph and the road was curving right with thick growth on the divider making the other side non-visible. Suddenly a goat farmer decided to move 100+ goats across the roads and they suddenly jumped from the divider right in front of me and filled the entire road like a swarm. All I could do was slam the brakes and hope not to run over a few. The brakes gave a very good bite, bridgestone stuck to the road like a leech and to my surprise I managed to stop with a feet to spare without any nervousness. ABS didnt kick in since i didnt feel any pulsation, but I believe ESP would have kicked in given the curve of the road and composure that that car showed, but I could be wrong. My father sitting on passenger seat couldn't believe it that we stopped so safely. So kudos to XUV braking .

Overall average I got was about 13.7kmpl through the trip which is very decent given the high speeds maintained on our national highways.

Last edited by supertinu : 19th August 2016 at 00:20.
supertinu is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2016, 15:36   #1645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
I am facing a super strange issue with my new age XUV. When the engine is running and I make a phone call (or receive a call) I get no audio from the infotainment. With the same phone and with everything else the same, I can make and receive phone calls with clear audio with the engine off but the infotainment on (One Hour Mode).
Has anyone faced this before?

Edit: My phone is a One Plus 3 (Android). I am yet to try this with my old phone (iPhone 6 Plus).
Similar problems have been reported on the android and XUV combination. The XUV bluetooth is a bit unreliable I would say. I had a similar issue with my Mi4i running a custom rom (but no issue with the stock MIUI rom).

The OP3 has known bluetooth issues as well, you can read more on online forums such as that of One Plus as well as XDA. But no solution has been proposed so far.

You can try these three things:
1 - try a custom rom. General feedback seems to be that custom roms on OP3 have better connectivity
2 - try this app called "Auto Bluetooth" (by Solar Wooden Robot) from the play store. Tweak the settings so the app force connects to the XUV bluetooth whenever there is a call (incoming as well outgoing). Cant promise that this will work, but i had better success rates on my Mi4i using this app.
3 - make sure you have the latest version of the infotainment software. If needed, go to the service center and get it updated. This may also solve the issue!

Good luck and do report back!
piyush1.a is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 17:55   #1646
BHPian

Guys,
I wanted to know where the microphone (Mic) located, as most of the times my voice sounds very low to the other person on phone. Is it related to faulty Mic or that is the best output it can give. Is there way to upgrade the mic with better sound quality one
Old 25th August 2016, 11:46   #1647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adesh.Singh View Post
Guys,
I wanted to know where the microphone (Mic) located, as most of the times my voice sounds very low to the other person on phone. Is it related to faulty Mic or that is the best output it can give. Is there way to upgrade the mic with better sound quality one
This must be the microphone location.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-425714771_1514181720513605642.jpg  

Anand_Mur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2016, 14:18   #1648
BHPian

Hi Guys! I took delivery of my XUV W10 Refresh Dolphin Grey on 25 May from Ahmedabad and drove down to Chandigarh via Delhi for registration From Chd I came to Allahabad and went back to Chd for fixing of number plates and RC next weekend. Also had one trip to delhi and have completed 6500 kms till now.
For all those complaining about the brakes, I recently had one of the millions of idiots in UP who travel in opposite direction in the inner most lane come right in front of me suddenly. I could see him while we were about 50 feet away and i was doing about 70 kph. I panicked and braked hard expecting fully to hit him head on. But the XUV surprised me totally by stopping almost 15 feet from him.
Overall experience had been very satisfying and I am extremely happy with its performance. FE as of now has been 13.5 even after first servicing but i am expecting improvement. My 8 year old SX4 gives 14 in city driving.
The manual says that the tank is 70 litres but due to my long rides, I have thrice filled up 72-74 litres in the tank, which further proves that the tank is indeed 75.
SX4LOVER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th August 2016, 05:42   #1649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by piyush1.a View Post
Similar problems have been reported on the android and XUV combination. The XUV bluetooth is a bit unreliable I would say. I had a similar issue with my Mi4i running a custom rom (but no issue with the stock MIUI rom).

The OP3 has known bluetooth issues as well, you can read more on online forums such as that of One Plus as well as XDA. But no solution has been proposed so far.

You can try these three things:
1 - try a custom rom. General feedback seems to be that custom roms on OP3 have better connectivity
2 - try this app called "Auto Bluetooth" (by Solar Wooden Robot) from the play store. Tweak the settings so the app force connects to the XUV bluetooth whenever there is a call (incoming as well outgoing). Cant promise that this will work, but i had better success rates on my Mi4i using this app.
3 - make sure you have the latest version of the infotainment software. If needed, go to the service center and get it updated. This may also solve the issue!

Good luck and do report back!
Auto Bluetooth seems to have made it much better.
Thanks!
nd4$pd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2016, 19:32   #1650
BHPian

So I did the PDI of my W6 AT today with the T-BHP PDI checklist, and uncovered only minor issues. Took more than 2 hours and the Sales Advisor was surprised at the comprehensiveness of the checklist.

I need some advice on the Rear Guard accessory. I read somewhere on the forum that the Rear Guard is installed using clamps that are installed on the vehicle chassis, and in the case of a collision from the rear, the chassis is at the risk of getting deformed. Is that correct? I wouldn't want to risk the chassis to protect the bumper.

The other accessories I finalized are:
1. Foot Step
2. Reverse Camera
3. Fog Lamps
4. Magnetic Sun Shades (are these any good?)

Any other advice on must-have accessories for XUV 5OO is welcome.

Most Viewed