Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2017, 14:30   #1771
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanveer_2558 View Post
I had got a discount from the dealer while purchasing several accessories together hence i opted for it, If you aren't going to be using your car in the night much, Save the money.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
I got it done along with accessory package. If you are not worried of little extra money, go for it.
I was quoted a decent price when I was negotiating for the vehicle. But I left this expense for another day. And now, the price quoted is higher. I ended up asking the service guy, while getting the car serviced. Maybe I should call the Sales advisor and ask for an alternate quote.

Last edited by ajayclicks : 9th January 2017 at 14:33.
ajayclicks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 21:49   #1772
BHPian

Quote:
I got them installed when I got the vehicle delivered. It’s an illuminated one.
I suppose that's a blue colour illuminated one. However, the ones which come with the W10 variant are in white and they looked more premium for me. But, Mahindra guys are not giving that specific model as accesory. Instead, they are giving blue colored plates.

Can any one let me know where can I get those white illuminated scuff plates please?

Also, can some body throw some light on whether it is possible to modify the power windows setup to add the Auto up/down functionality?

Last edited by madhav14 : 9th January 2017 at 21:52.
madhav14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 14:32   #1773
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Has anyone installed the scuff plates in their XUV? I have been quoted around 2K for the non illuminated ones, and almost double for the illuminated ones. Not sure if it's worth going for the illuminated ones, as my night/ dark usage is very less. Any suggestions?
You get tons of options on various online sites within the price range of 900 to 1500. Try them.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2017, 15:18   #1774
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
You get tons of options on various online sites within the price range of 900 to 1500. Try them.
For the non-illuminated ones, maybe i could. For illuminated ones prefer the dealer route. #1- am not much of a DIY person. #2- Loath to give any excuse to dealers to create hassles on any future warranty claim.
Old 13th January 2017, 10:12   #1775
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like Mahindra & Mahindra is readying new variants of the XUV500 to take on the (possible) challenge of the Tata Hexa.

Quote:
The company is adding a host of connectivity technologies to make the XUV more feature-packed. The new EcoSense telematics feature will allow real-time tracking of the vehicle, including fuel economy and wear and tear of parts. Mood lighting is another addition on offer.

The company has also added a safety button in the XUV, which will be triggered in the event of any accident and call the stored emergency contact number. It will offer this feature to existing XUV owners as well, through a small software upgrade.

Mahindra has already tied up with Google and has integrated the Android Auto operating system on the infotainment system of the XUV and is in discussion with Apple to integrate the Apple CarPlay.
ET Auto
RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 10:48   #1776
BHPian

Hi everyone,

i purchased this cargo net in order to prevent luggage/ duster etc from sliding out when the security guys in malls or office open the boot to check. The idea was to fix it vertically like a table tennis net.

While the overall product quality is decent, I am facing challenges in fixing the hooks to the inner panels of the boot. The two way tape attached to the hooks are useless. I used the more thicker ones that we get at stationary shops, but they too come out the moment I attach the net. The hooks have a hole in the center, and screws are provided. However, I do not prefer to do any sort of drilling.

Is there something else that I can use to attach the hooks. I do not want to use M Seal or Araldite, as I want the flexibility to remove and reattach the hooks as per my convenience or changing needs. Any ideas?
ajayclicks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 12:22   #1777
BHPian

So finally, after much deliberation, lot of questions to many people in the forum and all the valuable inputs I got from here, I have decided that XUV is the most VFM and practical car for my present situation, and booked the XUV W6 AT white colour. Expected delivery date is 1st week of February.

Let's see how it turns out as I have a very good track record in buying cars- last year while exchanging my 2012 swift, I considered almost 6 cars from New swift to used Cruze, booked a Baleno, waited for 2 months, cancelled the booking 2 days before delivery and went for an i20 Elite (I'm still happy with that decision though)

Even this time, almost 7-8 cars were considered including New rapid, Creta, used jetta, octavia, 3 series, New endeavour and Fortuner etc. Simply put, pretty much every car I could get in 15-30 lakh price bracket and finally went for this

Will post a detailed analysis and reasons in the ownership review (If I end up buying the XUV only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Looks like Mahindra & Mahindra is readying new variants of the XUV500 to take on the (possible) challenge of the Tata Hexa.

ET Auto
The article says Mahindra has already integrated their infotainment system with Android Auto. Does it mean Android Auto is coming with all the 2017 models including my to be car? Any idea on this please?
madhav14 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 16:19   #1778

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

ET Auto

This is one thing that keeps the recognition for M&M as a company which listens to the market and is ready in all agility to respond back to challenges.

I hope the system updates that happen are not beta versions

The Navigation & Music console that I have in my Ertiga ZDI+ is equipped with Apple Car play and just after an year with the car it feels dated. Blame it to the ever changing GUI's and interface changes that we are getting used to through the updates on the mobile devices. The territory that the car manufacturers are venturing into now will make them to adopt and implement these changes even faster and with stable versions.

Good luck to XUV owners and future Mahindra Customers (including me).
Old 13th January 2017, 17:14   #1779
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
The article says Mahindra has already integrated their infotainment system with Android Auto. Does it mean Android Auto is coming with all the 2017 models including my to be car? Any idea on this please?
Found XUV to be incorporated in the list of cars equipped with Android Auto. See the website of Android Auto.

Name:  ForumRunner_20170113_171304.png
Views: 3400
Size:  29.3 KB

*Android Auto is coming soon to this model

https://www.android.com/intl/en_in/auto/

Last edited by a4anurag : 13th January 2017 at 17:16.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th January 2017, 21:38   #1780
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,

i purchased this cargo net in order to prevent luggage/ duster etc from sliding out when the security guys in malls or office open the boot to check. The idea was to fix it vertically like a table tennis net....Snip....

Is there something else that I can use to attach the hooks. I do not want to use M Seal or Araldite, as I want the flexibility to remove and reattach the hooks as per my convenience or changing needs. Any ideas?
Ajay you can try 3M VHB tape (also available at Amazon.in). You can use them onto your present hooks by retrofitting them after peeling the existing double sided tape. I have seen a video showing VHB being stronger than rivets and is being used to stick glasses in facade of high rise buildings and also in aircraft industry. The company claims it being Capable of replacing rivets, spot welds, liquid adhesives, and other permanent fasteners.

I think the adhesion properties of the VHB will meet your requirement. The double sided tapes available at stationery shops and wall hooks are rated only for a pull of few kgs at the best. Do post your experience if you are successful.
PS: I am not related to 3M or any other similar company.

Last edited by RajeVenu : 13th January 2017 at 21:39.
RajeVenu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2017, 00:20   #1781
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Found XUV to be incorporated in the list of cars equipped with Android Auto. See the website of Android Auto.

Attachment 1594895

*Android Auto is coming soon to this model

https://www.android.com/intl/en_in/auto/
Even I know that it is coming in 2017. All I want to know is whether they are rolling out with all the 2017 models or will it still take some time. What if it doesn't come with my car and I miss it in just a few days gap?

If I can find out when these features get included, I can decide whether to wait for the updated model or to go ahead with the current booking.

The dealer is absolutely clueless about this Android Auto and these other feature additions. Wrote a mail to Mahindra. Guess I have to wait till this pongal passes to get a reply from them.

Last edited by madhav14 : 14th January 2017 at 00:22.
Old 16th January 2017, 10:35   #1782
BHPian

Quote:
While the overall product quality is decent, I am facing challenges in fixing the hooks to the inner panels of the boot. The two way tape attached to the hooks are useless.
You may try 'velcro'. Get the velcro stitched to the side of the net. The back of the seat has a lining that velcro easily holds. I guess this would be the easiest and cost effective method.
LoneRidder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2017, 09:35   #1783
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeVenu View Post
Ajay you can try 3M VHB tape (also available at Amazon.in).
Checked a few 3M options on amazon.in and Oh boy, they are more expensive than what I paid for the net!

Quote:
You may try 'velcro'. Get the velcro stitched to the side of the net. The back of the seat has a lining that velcro easily holds. I guess this would be the easiest and cost effective method.
Thanks, I was also considering using carbiners/ cords and attaching the top of the net to the base of the neck rest, and the lower portion to the base of the seat. Can consider velcro as well.

The only hitch is that the net will be closer to the seat, whereas I want it closer to the boot door- like this in this image below. Maybe I just suck it up and use araldite :(
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-cargonet.jpg  

Old 17th January 2017, 23:20   #1784
BHPian

Quote:
Checked a few 3M options on amazon.in and Oh boy, they are more expensive than what I paid for the net!
There are few options in aliexpress to get cut pieces /patches of VHB for dash cams you can explore that. Also few car decor shops have 3M double sided tapes which are not as strong as VHB, but may suffice your requirement.

Quote:
Maybe I just suck it up and use araldite :(
Please don't use araldite it will be an eyesore and every time you look at it you will regret. I can suggest a diy, why don't you try using suction cups with hooks or the ones on cellphone holders onto the rear quarter panel glass and anchor your net to that using cords. This in my opinion would involve no sticking or araldite etc

Last edited by RajeVenu : 17th January 2017 at 23:23.
RajeVenu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2017, 19:20   #1785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhav14 View Post
The dealer is absolutely clueless about this Android Auto and these other feature additions. Wrote a mail to Mahindra. Guess I have to wait till this pongal passes to get a reply from them.
I am about to book a new XUV500 and got quotes for it from the dealer (Anant Cars Bangalore), but the sales person is clueless about any new features in the 2017 Model. Is the new 2017 XUV500 model available yet and if yes, please can somebody post what are the new features over the last 2016 model ?

Regards

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks