Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2017, 12:48   #1846
BHPian

Re: 2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review

Hey guys my cheetah will be due for her 1st service soon.

This is my plan in addition to normal first service
1)Bumper repair - needs to be replaced (insurance claim)
2)Remove rear guard - bulky and of no use
3)Front sensor parking - to install (in two minds after speaking with @abirnale)
4)Maps/ software update
5)Android auto update
6)Any specific checks for my AWD variant i need to carry out in addition to normal service points in the first service.

Anything else over and above also done in the first service that you can advise.
Thanks!
Old 24th March 2017, 13:11   #1847
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayclicks View Post
Switched off my car, pressed the left button on the cowl and switched the car on. The unit started displaying "learning" on the front left tire. Asked my dad to watch out for a sharp beep and I got down to let the air out. Let the air out to almost 22 psi ( from 30 odd) and saw my dad gesticulating to me. Forget the sharp beep, the FM radio had started playing!

What am I doing wrong?
How old is the car? IMO, that tyretronic sensor is a dicey thing. With time the sensor has some accumulations (may be oxide formation) on it that causes it to stop reporting the pressure correctly or even any pressure at all. I recently learnt this the hard way.

I was noticing that my left front was not reporting any pressure for the last few months. Finally I kicked myself out of somnolence as my extended warranty is about to end and I wanted to get the sensor covered in the extended warranty if possible. After spending half a day or more at the service station and trying all tricks everything fell through, almost. The learning was causing almost similar problem as you noticed. Slow learning resulting in the system coming out of the learning mode eventually (and going back to the Radio in your case).

In my case when everything was almost looking like a lost cause and something that was finally going to need sensor change one last ditch attempt worked. One of the guys (frustrated!) just took out the valve that caused a huge rush of air that I think blew away the deposit or whatever was blocking that sensor hole inside. After that everything went back to normal.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 14:16   #1848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
How old is the car? IMO, that tyretronic sensor is a dicey thing. With time the sensor has some accumulations (may be oxide formation) on it that causes it to stop reporting the pressure correctly or even any pressure at all. I recently learnt this the hard way.
One year old, with 15K kms, including driving in dusty conditions. My TPMS also does not record the pressure accurately, which had given me anxious moments in the past. Infact, now for the non driver rear tire it shows 25- 26! And it remains constant, which rules out slow puncture or air leak.

Was planning to go to the workshop for something else, will ask them to look into this as well.
Old 24th March 2017, 17:03   #1849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Folks got the 3rd free 20K service done on my prev gen XUV a week back. Total bill came to 6300. Items replaced were engine oil, oil filter, fuel filter and AC filter.
Hi, even I got the 20k servicing done last week. In addition to the above job I even got the Air Filter element replaced. Though it was written 40k replacement for normal usage and 20k replacement for extreme condition usage.

Seeing the pollution level and under driving conditon which I have driven it, I chose to get it replaced. It costed me around Rs.900 but totally worth it. I find the car more smooth (may be psychological) and even the mileage has improved (Based on DIS).

The catch is that I have paid a total amount of Rs. 6001.00. Is it the difference of taxes or rates are different in different cities. Mine is previous gen W6.
Old 26th March 2017, 10:14   #1850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd4$pd View Post
Sorry I haven't had a chance to put up a detailed review.
Some highlights of feedback collected so far from various sources -
  • Very stable Release - no issues of restarting/ hanging/ sluggishness.
  • The Gear shift indicators are super helpful for driving "economically right".
  • The EcoSense scoring is tuned for environment friendly driving. Has nothing to do with an individual but helps in adapting to economical driving.
  • The 150 Kmph beep is smoothened out. Not much irritating. It has a range of some time and speed before it starts beeping again.
  • Changing radio stations when there are adverts is easy. It is done though the steering mounted controls.
  • EcoSense screen helps with visual clues like - excess idling, half clutch driving, sudden accelerations etc.
  • Android Auto is class apart - Google maps makes it such a breeze to drive with live traffic updates and optimum routing.
  • Android Auto - phone calling is awesome. No more struggle to see who is calling or whom you are calling by reading those names on screen. It now pops up with picture of caller from your address book!
  • Android Auto - google voice works with your steering mounted voice commands too.
  • The updated BlueSense app pulls all data fro your car and keeps either locally on the phone or upon choice sends to server!
There is no word on the release yet - none of the service centre guys seems to know about it. I have a feeling that this will be a coupled with new refreshed version of XUV. There were rumours of turbo0charged petrol XUV release along with intelli-sense technology. Not sure if this EcoSense is same as Intelli-sense but whatever this seems to be much awaited update. Android folks are going to love this update I feel while apple fanboys will be continue to wait!
abirnale is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 16:43   #1851
BHPian

Hi all,

Does XUV 500 W10 AT AWD or any model have impact sensor? Recently my vehicle roof top was damaged but no alarm etc rang.

My old zen estilo had Autocop central locking system and that did have impact sensor. My old car used to raise alarm if something struck the car or if i bang on the car.

Please share views.

Thanks,
Sanjeev

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 28th March 2017 at 13:09. Reason: typo corrected
Old 27th March 2017, 22:16   #1852
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjeevKalra View Post
Does XUV 500 W10 AT AWD or any model have impact sensor? Recently my vehicle roof top was damaged but no alarm etc rang.
AFAIK - No. It does not have such thing. I would be sweetly surprised if this is the case similar to configurable like the reverse horn!
Old 29th March 2017, 16:13   #1853
BHPian

Guys, I am sitting on the fence with respect to buying a XUV 500 AWD AT.

I would be using the vehicle primarily on highways and in some cases remote areas as well. Obviously getting stranded in the middle of nowhere is something which I am dreading.

I am impressed with the vehicle and the features which it offers for the price, but the free flow of niggles as observed in various threads is the only factor which is stopping me.

I will request some guidance from users of the refresh model to go ahead with my purchase or not.
Old 29th March 2017, 16:41   #1854
BHPian

Guys the silver box of my W6 went kaput , although I got it replaced in warranty. Just curious to know what is the price of the silverbox? The service rep said it is close to 50k.
Old 30th March 2017, 11:55   #1855
Senior - BHPian

Folks, insurance renewal happened for my XUV. IDV is down to 11.5 lac and bumper to bumper coverage costed 21.5K with ICICI Lombard. Apparently another significant 3rd party increase is coming from 1st April.

I needed one feedback from you guys. My road side assistance is getting over from Mahindra and Insurance does cover towing etc. Any advantage of renewing Mahindra's roadside assist in addition to insurance? 2 yr roadside renew is around 2.7K i think.
Old 30th March 2017, 12:24   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by @Chaand View Post
Guys, I am sitting on the fence with respect to buying a XUV 500 AWD AT.

I would be using the vehicle primarily on highways and in some cases remote areas as well. Obviously getting stranded in the middle of nowhere is something which I am dreading.

I am impressed with the vehicle and the features which it offers for the price, but the free flow of niggles as observed in various threads is the only factor which is stopping me.

I will request some guidance from users of the refresh model to go ahead with my purchase or not.
I'm the owner of a XUV 500 W10 (purchased in July 2015), and had my fair share of niggles and some of them issues- however, if there is one thing that makes me stick to this vehicle is their stellar After-Sales service, economical running costs, and ofcourse the stupendous vehicle itself (the drives are quite comfy and appealing to my family and other passengers). My issues ranged from water leaking through the windshield (blame their sub-optimal quality checks and some electronics behaving funny).

Touch-wood, it's been circa a year and I haven't faced any niggles/issues thus far- all good.
Old 30th March 2017, 15:16   #1857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kej View Post
The catch is that I have paid a total amount of Rs. 6001.00. Is it the difference of taxes or rates are different in different cities. Mine is previous gen W6.
Mine is prev gen W8 but that doesnt matter for regularly service. I am attaching my bill below. I paid extra for wheel balancing/alignment (550). PLus you will notice you there are 2 extra charges which I got clarified and felt were little fishy. There is a charge for wiper rubber which was never replaced. I was told that was for the balancing weight charge. 2nd charge is AMC labor which i was told was a way to charge for consumables. I think they probably fleeced few extra hundreds this way but I let it be. I had clearly told them not to do any of those unnecessary engine treatments etc, so they figure ways to make some money

2015 Mahindra XUV500 Facelift : Official Review-20170330_144228.jpg
Old 30th March 2017, 15:28   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
Mine is prev gen W8 but that doesnt matter for regularly service. I am attaching my bill below. I paid extra for wheel balancing/alignment (550). PLus you will notice you there are 2 extra charges which I got clarified and felt were little fishy. There is a charge for wiper rubber which was never replaced. I was told that was for the balancing weight charge. 2nd charge is AMC labor which i was told was a way to charge for consumables. I think they probably fleeced few extra hundreds this way but I let it be. I had clearly told them not to do any of those unnecessary engine treatments etc, so they figure ways to make some money

Attachment 1624501
Wheel Balancing for 5 wheels? seems fishy to me, unless you are rotating your 5th tyre and is an alloy.
Old 30th March 2017, 17:40   #1859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
Wheel Balancing for 5 wheels? seems fishy to me, unless you are rotating your 5th tyre and is an alloy.
Yea quite possible that they over charged little bit here and there through these smaller line items. Typically I see ford also do the same on my Figo but they clearly call it out in description.
Old 31st March 2017, 00:09   #1860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishie View Post
I believe the prev gen XUV had alloys in fifth wheel. I have a refreshed W8 which has normal steel rims on spare. What is wrong with charging for wheel balancing of 5 Wheels, AFAIK it's good practice to balance all wheels. @SuperTinuWhat is labour charge for AMC, is it for services carried out after free service.

Most Viewed