Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2015, 12:42   #136
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
Yes Doc, it looks like an alignment issue. But it was all fine 6 days back! Here is the image. This is how it looks when its struck. I will have to manually push it back now, or the door wont close.

If any one knows a DIY fix, please do let me know. Going to TASS takes off a day from my short vacation :-(
Definitely an alignment issue. Please no DIY. Go and show it to these guys and get it fixed. However much time it takes.

Safari door alignment is a black art. Some guys have it in their hands, most do not.

Most of the old time TASCs have one mamu/kaka who will be an expert only in fiber rattles, body trims, and door alignment of Safaris. He is your best friend! Spend some time with him. The payback (a silent Safari with solid door thunks) is worth it.
ebonho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 12:58   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Yes Doc, it looks like an alignment issue. But it was all fine 6 days back! Here is the image. This is how it looks when its struck. I will have to manually push it back now, or the door wont close.

If any one knows a DIY fix, please do let me know. Going to TASS takes off a day from my short vacation :-(

The linkages or the handle itself might be the culprit here. If you have time, you can remove the door pads and trace the problem.

Since it's a new vehicle take it to TASS and get them replaced or serviced.
Old 26th June 2015, 13:15   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
Tata too sells bullbars at their sales outlet as do other manufacturers, so...?

It is upon indiviual's choice & judgement whether to fit a bullbar or not.

So, an XUV without a bull bar is safe?
As far as I know only two car makers tout or rather advertise bullbars as features, namely Mahindra and Force. Tata sells a nudge guard as an official accessory, not a bull bar.

On your question.. So as per you Scorpio is not safe??
Old 26th June 2015, 13:18   #139
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

No DIY. Please go your workshop and ask them to replace with the updated part. Currently for the Storme there are two product update advisories in force
1. Vacuum pump
2. Door latches

It is entirely possible your vehicle needs the "update".
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 13:19   #140
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
No DIY. Please go your workshop and ask them to replace with the updated part. Currently for the Storme there are two product update advisories in force
1. Vacuum pump
2. Door latches

What is this vacuum pump Tanveer? Pardon my ignorance. What does it do?

My latches are tip top.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 26th June 2015 at 13:24. Reason: Removing all OT posts : so removing quoted part also since post is deleted
Old 26th June 2015, 13:26   #141
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
What is this vacuum pump Tanveer? Pardon my ignorance. What does it do?

My latches are tip top.
I think it may be the the engine vacuum pump. It sucks air from the engine. Modern engines have it because it increases performance, keeps things clean and improves longevity. Whenever TATA issues an advisory, they often mention batches. At your next service you can ask your service center whether your car falls into the advisory.
tsk1979 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 13:28   #142
BHPian

My two cents. The metal vs fibre discussion can be a lot more clear/productive if We,along with our point of views, also mention whose safety they are talking/concerned about? As in, keeping the bumpers and fender's paint safe from nicks Or safety of occupants and pedestrians.

Last edited by Storme_on_d_way : 26th June 2015 at 13:31.
Old 26th June 2015, 14:52   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
1. Vacuum pump
2. Door latches

Thanks for the advice guys. I took delivery of this car last week. 2015 storme. Is this update advisories applicable to such a new car?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Definitely an alignment issue. Please no DIY. Go and show it to these guys and get it fixed. However much time it takes.

Safari door alignment is a black art. Some guys have it in their hands, most do not.

Most of the old time TASCs have one mamu/kaka who will be an expert only in fiber rattles, body trims, and door alignment of Safaris. He is your best friend! Spend some time with him. The payback (a silent Safari with solid door thunks) is worth it.
Yes Doc, you are absolutely right. Even we used to have a list of such mamu/kaka for every tata car we owned! Thanks.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 26th June 2015 at 14:56. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your post within the 30 minute edit window to add/edit your posts.
BipB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2015, 17:04   #144
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Not required. It most likely is a lack of lubrication, or check if there is water ingress in the handle mechanism. You can try one thing, a generous spray of wd40 in between the handle and the latch mechanism, where the handle is getting stuck. This should solve the issue for now, and you can take it up with TASS when you go for your routine service.
Old 26th June 2015, 19:47   #145
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post

On your question.. So as per you Scorpio is not safe??
As safe/unsafe as a Storme is. There are no crash-ratings anywhere for either.
Old 26th June 2015, 21:48   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Not required. It most likely is a lack of lubrication, or check if there is water ingress in the handle mechanism. You can try one thing, a generous spray of wd40 in between the handle and the latch mechanism, where the handle is getting stuck. This should solve the issue for now, and you can take it up with TASS when you go for your routine service.
Thank you....Just called Tass guys and this is exactly what they said. Come to Tass and we will fix it in half an hour. Its been raining here since last few days and my car was exposed to it since the day I bought it .May be that could be the problem. Rains in Kerala are indeed exceptional!
Old 27th June 2015, 21:15   #147
BHPian

Initial commitment to deliver was by end of this month but a casual comment about delay due to increased demand for 4x4 is all I get. Waiting period till middle of next month now:(
Old 29th June 2015, 11:38   #148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
Initial commitment to deliver was by end of this month but a casual comment about delay due to increased demand for 4x4 is all I get. Waiting period till middle of next month now:(
Same here. I was promised delivery by the 22nd. I have been told the same thing - a lot of demand for 4x4's. Are you in touch with Concorde Motors? I have also been told that my car might move from the factory today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed here
Old 29th June 2015, 11:47   #149
BHPian

Finally!! Yesterday, I got the privelege to have the 'darshan' of the divine chariot (DC) that is going to be with us beyond the decade. Went for the PDI at Concorde Motors. A high traffic volume road divided the car and the showroom. Had to risk my limb to go across where next to the divider there is an unofficial parking lot catering to various cars of various shopowners. Concorde, I am sure to invest more in a dedicated parking space when finalizing the shoroom space. I felt very vulnerable with my DC standing and heavy traffic rushing past it.

Needless to say, with such parking condition, did not do the PDI completely. However, whatever I saw made me more than happy. The service person showed me the TDI clearance form that my DC had gone through at the stockyard. I inspected the engine and the entire body - external and internal. Did the 4L check recommended by Tanveer and whatever I could in that heat and chaotic road. My heart was pounding to my mouth and it was difficult being logical and calm that the role demanded

Had a detailed discussion on the accessories and explored all the options. Did you all know that you can have mood/lounge lighting in Storme as a genuine Tata accessory for Rs. 3600. And what more you could change colour of your lunge lighting on a flick of a button (7 colour options). Or that you could have the puddle lamps throwing TATA logo projection on the ground just like the latest XUV - all for 1800 bucks. Made me wonder loudly why does Tata not include these in 1 of the versions like XUV and showcase them. This was immediately answered by a person who was showing me the accessories - 'Sir, our clientele is people who are genuinely interested in the car and not the gizmos'. I am still chewing on that rationale.

Anyways, shortlisted the accessories and wanted the delivery by next day (Monday) evening. 'Not possible Sir! We have to do a temp pass for Haryana and it will take the entire day. Can give it only on Tuesday.' I showed my inability to wriggle out of office on Tuesday and they were courteous to promise to deliver the DC at home by early evening. Also promised that the person delivering the vehicle will do a complete demo and answer all queries. Since my home is atleast 2.5/3 hours drive one way from the showroom, I was touched by their courtesy and warmth.

Now eagerly waiting the landing of the chariot!!!
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-stormed-1.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-stormed-3.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-stormed-2.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-stormed-4.jpg  

aviddenis is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th June 2015, 11:55   #150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishD View Post
Same here. I was promised delivery by the 22nd. I have been told the same thing - a lot of demand for 4x4's. Are you in touch with Concorde Motors? I have also been told that my car might move from the factory today or tomorrow. Fingers crossed here
Yes, concorde south ex. All the best!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks