Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2015, 11:51   #346
ISO
BANNED

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by siki1010 View Post
ISO, we are all here for the same cause brother, which is to help and support each other in understanding how good really the Storme refresh is so please do not think I will take all your advise negatively. This is healthy horse play and I am accepting all reviews.
Same here

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
ISO is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 12:07   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I have modified my audio to include the following setup.
touch screen system from Tata (Harman components sold as a part of the explorer edition)
2 component speakers in the forward door (speaker plus tweeters)
2 speakers in the rear doors
1 amplifier driving this above setup
2 speakers in the boot
1 woofer in the boot
1 amplifier driving the rear setup.

With all of the above I have an excellent sound system in my car now, can hear the lowest notes to heavy bass all crystal clear and distortion free
No kids and/or dogs?

Every inch of real estate in my Storme is precious to me. So much so, that I drive around with a permanent roof rack too.

I replaced the speakers, no amp. That's it. Am very happy. Don't need any more.
ebonho is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 12:13   #348
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
I have modified my audio to include the following setup.
touch screen system from Tata (Harman components sold as a part of the explorer edition)
2 component speakers in the forward door (speaker plus tweeters)
2 speakers in the rear doors
1 amplifier driving this above setup
2 speakers in the boot
1 woofer in the boot
1 amplifier driving the rear setup.
It seems separate amplifier driving woofer in the boot.

But how did you connected input of the amplifier to the TATA Harman system? Does it have pre out for subwoofer?
Old 1st September 2015, 12:52   #349
BHPian

Quote:
Ideally you must consult an audio engineer/workshop for best matching the system with your requirements and also the car interiors (the same setup in say a swift will sound very different in a car like the Storme).

You seem to have spent enough time and effort in putting up a high end sound system to your liking. Would love to listen to the output on a sunny day!

Any suggestions on a good audio studio around Mumbai or Pune?
siki1010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st September 2015, 13:01   #350
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
ISO, we are all here for the same cause brother, which is to help and support each other in understanding how good really the Storme refresh is so please do not think I will take all your advise negatively. This is healthy horse play and I am accepting all reviews.
Same here

The aim of argument, or of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.
Old 1st September 2015, 21:49   #351
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
No kids and/or dogs?

Every inch of real estate in my Storme is precious to me. So much so, that I drive around with a permanent roof rack too.

I replaced the speakers, no amp. That's it. Am very happy. Don't need any more.
true about no pets and kids... happy man Even with the speakers and woofer in the boot there is ample space for atleast 3/4 full sized bags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
It seems separate amplifier driving woofer in the boot.

But how did you connected input of the amplifier to the TATA Harman system? Does it have pre out for subwoofer?
yes the Harman sourced unit has 2 outs, basically 2 amplifiers can be connected.

Quote:
You seem to have spent enough time and effort in putting up a high end sound system to your liking. Would love to listen to the output on a sunny day!

Any suggestions on a good audio studio around Mumbai or Pune?
Thanks!! you can check it out anytime, maybe we should all plan a Mumbai Pune meet.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 06:40   #352
Senior - BHPian

Booked my 3rd Tata car today. A bright red Bolt Revotron. Posting here because the Bolt thread is pretty much inactive 😁
narayan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 08:21   #353
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Beast View Post
Can you post pictures of this?

I did a TD on Storme and later XUV back to back. It's all same as what other members have posted. I felt one subtle difference while driving XUV after storme TD. Driving XUV doesn't feel like driving a SUV it just more car like. Was not impressed with the drive and doesn't see Grin on my face. However, Storme does put a Grin on my face. Just after 5mins of drive felt very easy to drive in traffic too.

Other than ASS there is nothing to think back on buying choice to select Storme, my kid also loves Storme she started comparing the road view from passenger seat with Bus

Now while negotiating discounts the dealer was okay to give 10K. Wanted to know on discounts what you got or someone on this forum getting.
Here is the pic of the shock absorber that I was mentioning I noticed.

Sorry but this is the best i could take. Maybe after a wash it would have been better!
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-shocks.jpg  

siki1010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2015, 11:44   #354
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is the pic of the shock absorber that I was mentioning I noticed.

Sorry but this is the best i could take. Maybe after a wash it would have been better!
Siki, Storme has different shockers for 4x2 and 4x4. You should be careful when getting them changed because they are not interchangeable. This had been discussed long ago in the original Storme thread.
ebonho is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th September 2015, 10:04   #355
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Booked my 3rd Tata car today. A bright red Bolt Revotron. Posting here because the Bolt thread is pretty much inactive 😁
Hi Narayan Sir,

Many congratulations for the new acquire. I wish you miles of niggle free drive. Looking forward to some pics of the red beauty.

Cheers!
Old 6th September 2015, 11:14   #356
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
Siki, Storme has different shockers for 4x2 and 4x4. You should be careful when getting them changed because they are not interchangeable. This had been discussed long ago in the original Storme thread.
I guess the 4x4 Storme will have uprated springs and coils to carry the heavier weight, however I am not sure if the springs have more travel too considering the purpose of use. If the springs carry more travel, it can be utilized to increase the ride height?
Old 6th September 2015, 18:24   #357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess the 4x4 Storme will have uprated springs and coils to carry the heavier weight, however I am not sure if the springs have more travel too considering the purpose of use. If the springs carry more travel, it can be utilized to increase the ride height?
I have seen the two side by side. Look exactly the same save for the 4x2 and 4x4 sticker/white paint emboss.
Old 10th September 2015, 14:30   #358
Senior - BHPian

It seems that 4x4 is difficult to get or dealers are not interested to sell it. I am trying to book one but it may take some time. Can anyone in NCR help in this regards?
2 months is minimum waiting time as quoted. Is it worth the wait?
Old 11th September 2015, 09:53   #359
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
It seems that 4x4 is difficult to get or dealers are not interested to sell it. I am trying to book one but it may take some time. Can anyone in NCR help in this regards?
Hi Sourabh,

I just talked to the sales person from Urmill Motors, Ghaziabad (from where I got my beast) and they are not having the Safari Storme 4X4 as of now. It might take them a month or so (same as you indicated).

He however, provided me a reference to another sales person in Concorde Motors, Gokulpuri, New Delhi and they might be able to help you with the same.

If you are interested in checking, do let me know your contact details @ iabhishekkumar at gmail dot com and I would provide the details to you.

Cheers!

Last edited by moralfibre : 11th September 2015 at 10:04.
Old 11th September 2015, 10:53   #360
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post

Hi Sourabhzen,

Yes, it seems that the dealers are not interested in selling the 4x4 because of 3 reasons:

1. Their salesman's foresight is limited to current month and stock holding at their yard so that they can register a sale within this month and get their incentives

2. The margin on a 4x4 must have been kept very low as everyone knows that a 4x4 sale does not require much convincing as it is a very user specific requirement.

3. If TML does not have 4x4's in stock they up take a build to order. This can be taken in a positive way as you know that the beast is being made specially for you!!

I opted for a 4x4 in sivler and Concorde Pune committed 45-60 days, however, delivery was done within 30 days.

Worth the wait or not is entirely up to your current requirement, I waited 30 extra days in monsoon period and travelled by local trains etc etc just so that I could have a 4x4 which I can use year after year and not repent having taken a 4x2 just because i did not want to wait for those few extra weeks.

All the best in making your decision, do keep us posted!

Last edited by siki1010 : 11th September 2015 at 10:53. Reason: mistake in sentence
siki1010 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks