Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2015, 13:22   #391
ISO
BANNED

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
I felt the steering shudders a lot at speeds around 100 kmph.
Possible cause may be wheel balancing, if it occurs only at that particular speed.
Old 26th September 2015, 17:29   #392
BHPian

Quote:
I drove on a proper highway for the first time this morning. It was a 250 odd km drive. Satisfied with the car though I felt the steering shudders a lot at speeds around 100 kmph. I am not sure if this is due to the 4x4 version. Can somebody throw any light? Driving comfort was amazing vis-a-vis my hyundai accent. I have a knee problem and walked out of the car today with very little pain. Could be a phenomenon of seating position.

Hi Libra,

Even I noticed the same recently when I drove the car on a long stretch of around 700 odd kms. For me too, there is some shivering on the steering wheel.

I talked to the SA where I get my beast checked and serviced every time and would be visiting tomorrow to get the same checked up. The SA has also ensured that the shuddering should not be there (unless you are on rough patches which is normal) and he would get the same fixed.

Would post the update on the findings tomorrow.

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 10:39   #393
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Safari Next Generation coming 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
This statement makes it look like the problem with Safari / Storme is the lack of power! Instead of all these, they should kit the car better. A 15L car without an ACC is insane.

Plus, I would suggest they keep the Automatic for the new version. This generation can't be resurrected anyway, so why waste all the resources on these?! Instead, give your 200% on the next gen and give us a top notch product.

And probably to the tune of Nexa, please add premium showrooms also for your 10L+ products.
On the contrary its better to test the automatic gear box, and any other bits and pieces (goodies) on a stable and mature platform like the Storme instead of putting it on a entirely new platform and giving reasons for niggles etc. What Tata is doing is IMO logical and sensible, taking iterative steps in upgrades, keeping quality as a primary goal. This is the only way they can get out of the current hole they are in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siki1010 View Post
I have completed 2500 kms and thereby completing the run in norm. Have not got the chance to drive the beast with a heavy foot as yet and still do not have the heart to do so as in Mumbai traffic, probably over the weekend I shall try and test it.

I have had one niggle irritating me as of now. The side pillars of both driver and co-driver are making a clocking noise. Seems like the AC pipes attached to the rear ac that are either loose or trickling water which make the noise so audible that I always need some music to keep me distracted. I shall be addressing this issue during my first service.
In the earlier Storme's the rear A/C inlet and outlet pipes (for the gas) was in the RHS B pillar, in the current Storme the inlet is in the RHS pillar and the outlet is in the LHS pillar. What is happening is the pipes (made of aluminum) get extremely cold because of passage of the ac gas and in moist conditions (like in monsoons), water gets condensed on the outside of these pipes. Since there is no place for this moisture to escape it trickles down the B pillar plastic making the dripping sounds. The solution to this (workshop knows and will do), is to wrap a thermocol shield around the pipes, thereby preventing moisture from building up on them. I had a similar problem which was solved like this.
However if you don't do anything and wait for the winter to set in you will find out that the dripping sounds automatically stop, due lack of moisture in the air.

Last edited by apachelongbow : 27th September 2015 at 10:51.
apachelongbow is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2015, 13:29   #394
ISO
BANNED

I have question regarding overhead A/C of the storme EX.

In the monsoon there will be water condensation on the cooling coil. Is there any provision for that water to go out of the car?

Also is there any dust filter placed in front of cooling coil?

In case there is no filter, will there be a problem of chocking cooling coils with dust and reducing air throw?

Thanks in advance.
Old 27th September 2015, 13:52   #395
BHPian

Quote:
I drove on a proper highway for the first time this morning. It was a 250 odd km drive. Satisfied with the car though I felt the steering shudders a lot at speeds around 100 kmph. I am not sure if this is due to the 4x4 version. Can somebody throw any light? Driving comfort was amazing vis-a-vis my hyundai accent. I have a knee problem and walked out of the car today with very little pain. Could be a phenomenon of seating position.
Hi Libra,

As promised, got the beast checked today and cause for the steering shuddering at speeds around 80-100 kmph was because of front RHS tire needed to get new weights.

Once the wheel alignment and wheel balancing was done, the shuddering was gone. We test drove the beast on even and uneven roads just to be sure and it looked all ok.

I hope you might also be planning to get the same checked at your end. Let us know the results of the same.

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 10:09   #396
BHPian

I am into my second month with the beast and still have not been able to make up my mind on the gold AMC. maybe because no one has really been able to explain me its true benefits.

Another question is if its dealer specific or i can walk into any service centre and the AMC automatically applies?
Old 28th September 2015, 14:56   #397
BHPian

AMC is NOT dealer specific. Its provided by TML and valid across all dealership and all towns/cities in India.

In my opinion, Gold AMC is a good value add and covers all except Tires and Battery. Also, this covers any and all scheduled and unscheduled services/repair charges based on the KM/Years you cover it.

I would suggest, take it for about 45-60K KMs for about 4-5 years.

Prem.
kaviprem is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2015, 20:19   #398
Senior - BHPian

Guys
What could be approx resale value for my 2013 August Storme Lx - run around 37000kms and in pristine condition with Gold AMC and Extended warranty. All service records available. New Storme Lx comes to around 12.4 lakhs on road before discounts including AMC and EA ( incidentally Lx is no longer shown in the offical website ). I presume a good bargainer can get it for around 11.9lakhs.

Is it fair to expect around 9.5lakhs ?

I might have to go for an overseas assignment and in which case will have to say good bye to the beast
Old 28th September 2015, 21:22   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
I have question regarding overhead A/C of the storme EX.

In the monsoon there will be water condensation on the cooling coil. Is there any provision for that water to go out of the car?

Also is there any dust filter placed in front of cooling coil?

In case there is no filter, will there be a problem of chocking cooling coils with dust and reducing air throw?

Thanks in advance.
there is a drain pipe for each A/C which drains water down the B pillar, you can see the moisture patch on the floor of the garage. I think there is no AC filter in the Storme.
Old 29th September 2015, 09:56   #400
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
there is a drain pipe for each A/C which drains water down the B pillar, you can see the moisture patch on the floor of the garage. I think there is no AC filter in the Storme.
Thank you so much for this information. It is surprising that there is no dust filter in the A/C for 13+ Lakh car.

On the other hand three separate A/C is good provision, especially the roof mounted A/C. It will have natural convection cycle for pleasant cooling.
Old 29th September 2015, 10:49   #401
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Guys
What could be approx resale value for my 2013 August Storme Lx - run around 37000kms and in pristine condition with Gold AMC and Extended warranty. All service records available. New Storme Lx comes to around 12.4 lakhs on road before discounts including AMC and EA ( incidentally Lx is no longer shown in the offical website ). I presume a good bargainer can get it for around 11.9lakhs.

Is it fair to expect around 9.5lakhs ?

I might have to go for an overseas assignment and in which case will have to say good bye to the beast
Hi Narayan Sir,

I was thinking about the current offerings on Storme LX versus what was offered previously and listed the following that can work in your favor while selling your beast.

1. Engine is almost the same barring 10 odd BHPs which should not make much of a difference in real life driving or everyday driving.

2. Earlier Storme LX had the proper 7 seating configuration which has been removed now.

3. Earlier Storme LX had the all disc brakes on offer which has also been discontinued in new LX model.

4. Earlier Storme LX had the felt Lining on the Glove Box which has been removed on all new Storme Models.

5. You have the Gold AMC and Extended Warranty already purchased.

Things which would not work in your favor are as follows:

1. On papers the engine is new and that can affect the mindset of people buying an earlier model beast.

2. Self Adjusting clutch is a significant change.

Hence taking everything into account, I think my best bet would be around 8.75 to 9.00 L.

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2015, 11:24   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
If it's not a very long duration assignment, please consider keeping your vehicle with a trusted friend/relative. The rate at which vehicle prices are increasing, you won't get a vehicle with space and comfort like the Storme for anything less than 14L after another year or two.

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2015, 09:57   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
true about no pets and kids... happy man Even with the speakers and woofer in the boot there is ample space for atleast 3/4 full sized bags.

yes the Harman sourced unit has 2 outs, basically 2 amplifiers can be connected.

Thanks!! you can check it out anytime, maybe we should all plan a Mumbai Pune meet.

Hey, what happened to the meet up we all were planning to have!

If there is a decent number we can do it around Lonavala over a Sunday breakfast!
siki1010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 12:52   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

This article in Motoroctane says that the next gen Safari will look like the Hummer.

Source Link

Also goes on to say that the Safari based on the Raptor platform will never see the light of day and the final product is expected to be on the Harrier platform as it is lighter and more flexible.

Quote:
The next-generation Tata Safari won’t just be made for the Indian car market but it will even be exported. The new-generation Safari has been codenamed as Q502 and this is based on the Harrier platform. After speaking to a lot of our sources, we have learnt that the new-generation Safari will be made mostly in Fiat’s Ranjangaon plant.

The Harrier and Raptor are two platforms Tata Motors has been working on for its SUV range. We got some insights that Tata is working on Safari on Raptor platform. But we have learnt that the final plan is to have it on Harrier platform, as this is more lighter and flexible. The Raptor based Safari won’t see the daylight. The new Tata Safari will have looks like the hummer and will be coming with a 2.0-litre multijet engine mostly. The deal for the 2.0-litre engine hasn’t yet been signed between Fiat and Tata, but it shall be done soon.

Our sources state that the Safari will not just be muscular in looks, but will have the best-in-class features and one of the best quality interiors as well. The Safari and the Creta-rival will be based on the Harrier platform. This will be the company’s new flagship SUV. There are three new SUVs planned, one is the Sumo on the Raptor platform and the other two are on the Harrier platform (Q501 and Q502). This is the Creta-rival and the new-generation Safari.
Rajeevraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 15:56   #405
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
This article in Motoroctane says that the next gen Safari will look like the Hummer
Well, if TUV can look like a Tank, a Safari can sure be a Hummer.

That said, when you have an iconic (SUV) brand in-house, why not get inspired from that?
Dry Ice is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks