Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2015, 22:07   #421
BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
BTW, is there a way you can turn on the high beam only? When I switch to high beam, both the high beam and projector lamps are on. Is it normal?
Don't think so. That's how it is setup.
Old 14th October 2015, 05:14   #422
BHPian

Just saw the Celebration Edition Safari Storme pictures! DRL's on the front bumper look neatly integrated! Does anyone know if the hoodscoop is functional or just cosmetic?
Old 14th October 2015, 11:42   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saviouravenger View Post
Just saw the Celebration Edition Safari Storme pictures! DRL's on the front bumper look neatly integrated! Does anyone know if the hoodscoop is functional or just cosmetic?
Hoodscoop is just cosmetic. I was offered this for my storme, even with a matching paint job. All these accessories (DRLs, hoodscoop, bug deflector, etc) are available since few months at TASS. The only new thing is the sticker job. Seems that one really looks good on light colours, especially on the silver one.
Old 14th October 2015, 22:35   #424
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
A couple of times in the past few days I've noticed the temperature readout on the dashboard showing 51-52 degree C (when the ambient temperature would have been max low to mid 30s).

This was both times when the truck was on the run.

Just checked again post lunch by switching on the ignition - showed 35 (about accurate).

I do not know if this is new or has been happening before, because I usually have the display set to Trip meter B (my mileage from last tankful) and run it like that.

Would appreciate the inputs of other old Stormers here please (as the new ones do not have the temp sensor).

Cheers, Doc
I hope you are aware that the temperature sensor is not an ambient temperature sensor but a vehicle body temperature sensor. It is used in colder climates to check what is the actual vehicle temperature before cranking (in snow bound regions). Considering this purpose, the temperature of 56 degrees after engine warm up seems reasonable.
Old 14th October 2015, 23:08   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
I hope you are aware that the temperature sensor is not an ambient temperature sensor but a vehicle body temperature sensor. It is used in colder climates to check what is the actual vehicle temperature before cranking (in snow bound regions). Considering this purpose, the temperature of 56 degrees after engine warm up seems reasonable.
I don't think that's correct.

That readout is of outside temperature.
Old 15th October 2015, 17:58   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebonho View Post
I don't think that's correct.

That readout is of outside temperature.
Agreed. Even I thought and understood so. It seems the same is also mentioned in the review of Tata Safari Storme 2012 model which had this available as a factory fitment.

It says that it is for displaying the outside temperature.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...al-review.html

Post# 3 (Screenshot Below)

Cheers!
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-tata-safari-stome-ambient-temperature.jpg  

Old 16th October 2015, 11:22   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Absolutely wrong.
It is indeed the External Temperature/Ambient Temperature. This thing is a plastic sensor and is fitted behind the passenger side behind fog lamp. It was removed from Storme from Aug 2014 and the display was not fixed hence always showed 0 degrees. You could buy a sensor off the shelf and fit it yourself since the harness was still there. Offlate with Storme 2015, even the harness and reading has been removed.
This is how the sensor looks and is about 1.5 inch in size
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_4873.jpg  

Last edited by rajismine : 16th October 2015 at 11:24. Reason: Adding pic of the sensor
rajismine is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 18th October 2015, 00:21   #428
BHPian

Hi,

Just wondering, is it possible to retrofit the temperature sensor and analog clock (dashboard) on the 2015 Safari Stormes?

Thanks.
Old 18th October 2015, 17:44   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maglev View Post
Hi,

Just wondering, is it possible to retrofit the temperature sensor and analog clock (dashboard) on the 2015 Safari Stormes?

Thanks.
I do not think it would be possible to retrofit the ambient temperature sensor. The single reason is that in the newer stormes the MID does not display the temperature reading at all as per me what I know. Correct me if I am wrong here? Even I am not sure whether they are still providing the wiring harness to attach the sensor now.

The harness and the display in the MID was still present in my beast wherein all I needed to do was to attach the sensor to the harness and the display was showing the correct temperature (which otherwise was showing 0 degrees).

For the analog clock, since the frame bracket is still present, I guess that would be an easy job.

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2015, 19:52   #430
BHPian

Currently I am at the last leg of a 2000 km road trip. After a fuel refill in jaisalmer the engine malfunction light came on. What is the suggested course of action? My car is due for its first service.
Old 23rd October 2015, 20:08   #431
BHPian

Libra, do you feel a sudden loss of power? If not it should be fine and you can drive it to the nearest TASS and have it scanned for the error code.
Old 23rd October 2015, 20:12   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
Currently I am at the last leg of a 2000 km road trip. After a fuel refill in jaisalmer the engine malfunction light came on. What is the suggested course of action? My car is due for its first service.
1800 209 7979 - Tata helpline number just in case you don't have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
. After a fuel refill in jaisalmer the engine malfunction light came on.
How long after the refill did the malfuction light come on ? Is the sedimenter light also on.
Old 23rd October 2015, 21:07   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
Libra, do you feel a sudden loss of power? If not it should be fine and you can drive it to the nearest TASS and have it scanned for the error code.
Hi Bro, no loss of power. Both the car and the driver are quite energetic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochup View Post
1800 209 7979 - Tata helpline number just in case you don't have it.

How long after the refill did the malfuction light come on ? Is the sedimenter light also on.
I drove 10 kms after the refill but don't think I noticed it then. Parked overnight and noticed it first thing when the engine came to life this morning.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th November 2015 at 12:39. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
Old 24th October 2015, 02:36   #434
BHPian

Libra, In my old safari dicor I was advised by the TASS guy to do the following.Start the engine and stop as fast as you can and then again repeat the same for 2-3 times (do it real fast). It should erase the code. If there is no power loss and as long as the warning light does not reappear all is well.

For me it worked, but the warning light came back after some 250kms. Problem was with the pedal sensor.
Old 24th October 2015, 18:51   #435
BHPian

This one was doing all the mischief. The air mass sensor.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-dsc_0087.jpg  

Libra is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks