Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2015, 21:39   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Completed 40000kms today. Amazing 2 yrs it's been with the beast delivering everything I expected out of it. Ownership cost has been very low. Ive virtually spent nothing on service costs since I have the 45k AMC which cost around 19000. That's about 35 paise per km. Not bad I guess. Might have to sell the beast due to impending overseas posting.

Last edited by narayan : 24th October 2015 at 21:41.
narayan is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th October 2015, 22:06   #437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
This one was doing all the mischief. The air mass sensor.
Libra, did you get a chance to see the error code on the scanner? That will be of help to all who gets into a similar situation.
Old 25th October 2015, 00:54   #438
BHPian

I don't remember the code. But I do remember the term air mass sensor.
Old 30th October 2015, 09:31   #439
Senior - BHPian

With just a few days before Rustom turns 4 months old, the Odo reads 4250 KM. I have been travelling on work & leisure and there have not been able to drive it as much as I would like.

No issues so far other than water leakage from the roof AC ( rectified during 1st service). The truck's alignment was not 100% true. This was reported during the first service and the COncorde Motors technicians spend some time on it. Over 3 hours and 39 Km of test drives. The alignment is spot on now (I hope it stays that way).

The mileage in daily city commutes is above 13KPL, which is pretty good. I haven't engaged the 4 WD option yet. The vehicle is very comfortable and silent. I have also got used to the gear ratios especially the ultra short first gear.
rajneeesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th October 2015, 12:24   #440
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post

No issues so far other than water leakage from the roof AC ( rectified during 1st service).

The truck's alignment was not 100% true.
I would like to know how they solved water leakage problem.

Also how is straight line ability of the car without steering input on straight plain road?
Old 30th October 2015, 16:12   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajneeesh View Post
No issues so far other than water leakage from the roof AC ( rectified during 1st service).
Can you shed some light on the exact problem and the solution? It would be of help for other Storme owners here.
Old 1st November 2015, 19:01   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
I would like to know how they solved water leakage problem.

Also how is straight line ability of the car without steering input on straight plain road?
It tacks arrow - straight after the wheel alignement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Can you shed some light on the exact problem and the solution? It would be of help for other Storme owners here.
. On long drives with the rear AC switched on, water would seep through the roof lining just above the B pillar.The technicians opened the lining and fixed it. As per them, there is a rubber washer/ sleeve that was not properly installed. I am taking their word for it that it is fixed as I have not really tested it over a long drive as the weather is lot cooler in NCR as the winter has started to set in. Moreover, I am mostly alone in the vehicle and do not feel the need for the rear AC.

I will be driving down to Chandigarh just after Diwali and will be able to know for sure if the problem has really been addressed .( weather permitting)

Last edited by rajneeesh : 1st November 2015 at 19:04.
rajneeesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2015, 10:20   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Thanks Tanveer for such detailed and helpful review. I took a test drive of new Storme last week ....
Quote:
I am almost sure that Storme is replacing my swift in a couple of months.
Quote:
It seems that 4x4 is difficult to get or dealers are not interested to sell it. I am trying to book one but it may take some time. Can anyone in NCR help in this regards?
2 months is minimum waiting time as quoted. Is it worth the wait?
Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
Hi Sourabh,
He however, provided me a reference to another sales person in Concorde Motors, Gokulpuri, New Delhi and they might be able to help you with the same.
Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by siki1010 View Post
Hi Sourabhzen,
Worth the wait or not is entirely up to your current requirement, I waited 30 extra days in monsoon period and travelled by local trains etc etc just so that I could have a 4x4 which I can use year after year and not repent having taken a 4x2 just because i did not want to wait for those few extra weeks.

All the best in making your decision, do keep us posted!
Thanks again Abhishek and Siki, I finally booked 4X4 with concorde South Ex. Will get it bey end of this month.
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th November 2015, 12:11   #444
BHPian

Has anyone here replaced the rear suspension bush set for a complaint related to the vehicle lunging forward and backward while pressing and releasing the accelerator in normal driving conditions?
Old 18th November 2015, 11:32   #445
BHPian

Guess what! It's here...just saw the all new storme 400 varicor. Will upload pics shortly
rajismine is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 13:04   #446
BHPian

And here are the picture. Was outside and pics were not getting uploaded from the phone. Missed to see if it had 6 gears. The launch could be now anyday
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_7478.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_7479.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_7480.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_7481.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_7483.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_7484.jpg  

rajismine is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 15:56   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajismine View Post
Guess what! It's here...just saw the all new storme 400 varicor. Will upload pics shortly
Dear, were you able to find out any information about launch date, prices etc? There was a report on another website claiming the whole interior/dash layout will be changed. But this one is exactly the same as the 2015 refreshed model except for the '400' badge.
Old 18th November 2015, 16:03   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BipB View Post
Dear, were you able to find out any information about launch date, prices etc? There was a report on another website claiming the whole interior/dash layout will be changed. But this one is exactly the same as the 2015 refreshed model except for the '400' badge.
The vehicle was in hands of a PDI driver who had no clue. I did notice that there was no middle row seats and could be at the PDI center for some fixes etc. I could not check even if it was 6 speed. Things happened quickly while I was driving - happened to stop the driver and request him to allow me to take a few shots and that's about it. He mentioned its its a new stock.
rajismine is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th November 2015, 17:04   #449
BHPian

Quote:
The vehicle was in hands of a PDI driver who had no clue. I did notice that there was no middle row seats and could be at the PDI center for some fixes etc. I could not check even if it was 6 speed. Things happened quickly while I was driving - happened to stop the driver and request him to allow me to take a few shots and that's about it. He mentioned its its a new stock.
Yes this will have a 6 speed .
Old 18th November 2015, 17:26   #450
BHPian

Quote:
@rajismine: Couldn't help noticing that you're in Hyd; which dealership is this where you took the photographs? Pardon my ignorance but am assuming PDI center is a dealership; correct me if I am wrong. I am looking for a Storme test drive but none seem to have a 2015 model! Venkatramana motors in Gachibowli has promised me a test drive next week on a 2015 model; how I wish it could be this!?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks