Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2015, 17:31   #541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
The deal looks fine. Dealers in NCR are offering similar quotes.
Why didn't you try used car market for Storme? Narayan's Storme is available as per his post in last page.
Thanks. I am picking the truck under my company lease scheme so it has to be a new vehicle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
Is anyone being offered any discounts in Mumbai?

I have been offered none - maybe a hint at 15k off a 4x2 VX (looking at the 400nm model, could take the 320nm - as this would be used by a driver mostly), but not even sure I recall being offered a flat-out discount...
Are you still getting the VX 320Nm model? In Chennai they are only taking bookings for 400Nm.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 30th November 2015 at 08:40. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please use the multi-quote feature (QUOTE +) to quote and respond to multiple posts.
Old 29th November 2015, 20:09   #542
BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
Are you still getting the VX 320Nm model? In Chennai they are only taking bookings for 400Nm.
I think that the Mumbai dealers apparently have "new" stock of the 320nm versions.

This is just like the "brand-new" Safari Dicor I bought which was previously registered (and I suspect used as well) sold to me - not sure if this is a criminal offense or is commonplace...
Old 30th November 2015, 00:38   #543
BHPian

Like all Safari lovers, I myself am quite excited by the prospect of the new engine and gearbox. However, I hope TML has planned this as a genuine attempt to upgrade the Safari after adequate testing, and not hurriedly patched in the upgrades as "jugaad" to test the new engine and gearbox for Hexa's launch.
Old 30th November 2015, 10:17   #544
BHPian

Quote:
2. I am convinced about the extended warranty but does the AMC Package for 11 K make sense.
AMC Package does make perfect sense as it gives you complete peace of mind against any unforeseen failures which are not covered under warranty. I would strongly recommend to go for the same.

Please see the below for details of coverage under the AMC.

http://www.concordemotors.com/value-care

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 11:18   #545
BHPian

Quote:
2. I am convinced about the extended warranty but does the AMC Package for 11 K make sense.
Tata Motor's AMC makes sense in my opinion.
It only depends on which type of AMC you get.
I believe you are getting Gold AMC.
But rather than buying an AMC now, you can buy it before completing one year. (beyond that you can't purchase AMC, as per TML policy)
This way you can save littler more as the first servicing won't cost you much compared to next one which will get covered under AMC.

I don't know if Platinum AMC is still on offer. If yes do check that.
DriveOnceMore is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 11:24   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
I think this engine has come in for some testing before going into the Hexa.

Real world FE has also been good for the Storme in comparison to these vehicles. This only shows TML has done something good with the Varicor.
I feel the same, Narayan. They are testing this engine and the 6 speed GB on the Storme before launching the Hexa. Given the history of the Aria, I am sure they don't want to make the Hexa seem another Aria. But having said that, I must say that my Dec 2013 Storme at 58500km feels almost as good as it did when I drove out of the showroom. And whenever it feels a little rough, a quick service (thorough check, torquing of all suspension and mounts etc and topping up fluids) does the needful. Beast purrs like a crouching tiger again, waiting for me to unleash the hidden dragon.
As far as FE is concerned, I am getting 14+ these days (winter and no ac) and was getting around 13 in summer. Which is not bad at all for a vehicle this size.
sasi405 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 11:28   #547
BHPian

Completed 6000 kms yesterday on the Safari. Much as I enjoy the drive in the car, cannot help noticing the irritating noises that have developed in the cabin. A vibrating seat belt socket, or a tail gate rattle or an AC grill one, all minor irritants take a lot away from the driving experience. I am not sure if the TASS team would be able to take care of them.
Old 30th November 2015, 11:38   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
Completed 6000 kms yesterday on the Safari. Much as I enjoy the drive in the car, cannot help noticing the irritating noises that have developed in the cabin. A vibrating seat belt socket, or a tail gate rattle or an AC grill one, all minor irritants take a lot away from the driving experience. I am not sure if the TASS team would be able to take care of them.
The popular opinion of the wise folks here has been to ignore these noises, or increase the volume of music. Giving your beast to TASS for these is likely to cause further misery
avisidhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 11:46   #549
BHPian

Quote:
I too faced all these noises and more. Just wait till the car crosses 40000km. Most of these sounds will magically disappear. For example, my rear door rattle has completely disappeared after we crossed 40-45K km. None of the other doors are rattling either. There is a small stressing sound coming from the dashboard when I navigate very bad undulating off road patches, but that's about it. Presently, the only rattle I hear is from the baby seat at the back.
sasi405 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 12:12   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Tata Motor's AMC makes sense in my opinion.
It only depends on which type of AMC you get.
I believe you are getting Gold AMC.
But rather than buying an AMC now, you can buy it before completing one year. (beyond that you can't purchase AMC, as per TML policy)
This way you can save littler more as the first servicing won't cost you much compared to next one which will get covered under AMC.

I don't know if Platinum AMC is still on offer. If yes do check that.
Thanks. I didn't know about the various AMC flavours. All I was told is an AMC for 1year/20000 kms and the prerequisite for this is purchasing the extended warranty! I'll find out if this is the Gold one.
Old 30th November 2015, 14:08   #551
Senior - BHPian

Gold seems to be the "optimum" AMC plan for most people ( based on the typical mileage that our cars do ). It covers you till 45000 or 4 years. So thats esseentially 3 major services and 2 minor ones. Good value for money. Also AMC covers annual wiper blade replacement and any other part that wears out more that usual.
narayan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 16:02   #552
Senior - BHPian

Had a 20 kms test drive of the new 400 nm Storme. The new 6 speed gbx has good ratios , but is as notchy as the earlier ones. The pick up is very good. The toque can be felt across the revv range. However the engine noise was a bit more. May be it was due to the brand new vehicle which had done only 12 kms.
The Storme now cruises very easily at 110 kmph in the sixth gear at 2000 rpms. The torque keeps pulling the car smoothly. I bet the mileage on the highways will be better due to this.
amit_mechengg is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th November 2015, 22:23   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
Gold seems to be the "optimum" AMC plan for most people ( based on the typical mileage that our cars do ). It covers you till 45000 or 4 years. So thats esseentially 3 major services and 2 minor ones. Good value for money. Also AMC covers annual wiper blade replacement and any other part that wears out more that usual.
Spoke to the Sales guy over phone about the AMC and he says Gold and Platinum are also available. What I have been offered is the 20000km/1Yr option; Gold is 40000Km/2Yr. Not sure about platinum. In any case he will call me back tomorrow with the cost and details.

So, I'll possibly go with the Gold AMC + Extended warranty.

An update to my purchase journey on the Storme EX:

1. Insurance being provided by Concorde is either Cholamandalam or New India. Chola is Rs 50 K (comprehensive); New India is Rs 50 K comprehensive and Rs 55K for the 0 depreciation policy. Thankfully no insistence from the dealer to pick from either of them.

2. I took quotes from Bajaj Allianz and Future Generali. BA quote is Rs 36 K for comprehensive and Rs 46 K for the 0 depreciation. FG is (hold your breath!) Rs 29 K for comprehensive and Rs 33 K for 0 depreciation and the Sales agent was quick to offer another 2 K on the 0 depreciation if i went ahead. So effectively 31 K!

My company also has a tie up with FG for all Leased vehicles so I am pretty much sold on it. Any feedback on Future Generali or knowledge about why the quote is so much lower?

Last edited by Vid6639 : 1st December 2015 at 09:53. Reason: merging posts. Kindly use the edit option when replying within 30minutes. Thanks.
Old 30th November 2015, 22:58   #554
BHPian

Quote:
My company also has a tie up with FG for all Leased vehicles so I am pretty much sold on it. Any feedback on Future Generali or knowledge about why the quote is so much lower?
All I can add is that Future Generali is not doing too well in the insurance industry - heard from local (India-based) Italians "in the know".

That may play to your benefit, as they are cheaper and if they pay out claims! As your company has an agreement with them, then they can push to pay out any claim you might have.

New India is quite pathetic in my experience, but the local surveyors simply do not spend any time to inspect the damage and also do not wish to engage with the customer/client.
Old 1st December 2015, 07:55   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Most of these noises are not the result of the components, but the result of either a loosening of the bolts holding the body to the chassis, engine mounts or the hardening of the rubber door seals. Getting them sorted removes the dreaded rattles.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks