Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th December 2015, 12:35   #586
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
Dear BD sir, those who have bought the VX version a few months ago, would they get an opportunity to get their engines remapped as per the new version, even if it comes at a cost?
Dear Libra - I understand your comment. The complete driveline needs to be compatible with the power and torque which the engine delivers, you can't up the engine figures just like that! It's always an engineered package meeting CMVR, it's never done any other way, never recommended also.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
DHABHAR.BEHRAM is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 14:41   #587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DHABHAR.BEHRAM View Post
Dear Libra - I understand your comment. The complete driveline needs to be compatible with the power and torque which the engine delivers, you can't up the engine figures just like that! It's always an engineered package meeting CMVR, it's never done any other way, never recommended also.

Best regards,

Behram Dhabhar
Dear BD sir,

Thank you for your reply. It seems the changes are too many or too detailed to carry out on the existent storme. In the same breath, I must add that for people like me who waited for a couple of years anticipating a refreshed version would have been able to make an informed choice in favour of the storme 400 if the time gap between these two releases was to be so less. I do feel shortchanged.

Regards,

Mohit
Old 8th December 2015, 14:57   #588
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libra View Post
Dear BD sir,

Thank you for your reply. It seems the changes are too many or too detailed to carry out on the existent storme. In the same breath, I must add that for people like me who waited for a couple of years anticipating a refreshed version would have been able to make an informed choice in favour of the storme 400 if the time gap between these two releases was to be so less. I do feel shortchanged.

Regards,

Mohit
I can relate to your feelings. I competed PDI of my car and saw this news of 400 NM on TBHP. That was very painful moment for me. Only saving grace was that the vehicle was not sent for registration otherwise I would be in tears then.

P.S> Video live on Safari website:

Last edited by sourabhzen : 8th December 2015 at 15:07. Reason: Adding link to youtube video
sourabhzen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th December 2015, 19:32   #589
BHPian

Was browsing through the specs-sheet on Storme's official website, noticed two things.

1. The 320VX would be offered along-with the 400 version?
2. And TATA seems to have removed the rear spoiler for 400 version.
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-capture2.jpg  

Old 8th December 2015, 19:37   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
Was browsing through the specs-sheet on Storme's official website, noticed two things.

Spoiler is there on 400nm version. I am sure I saw them on test vehicle.

The price of 400 is apporx 16k over the 320 version. That is very good news!

Last edited by sourabhzen : 8th December 2015 at 19:53. Reason: Adding info from official prices on the website.
Old 8th December 2015, 21:30   #591
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post

P.S> Video live on Safari website:
https://Youtu.be/NKiwEHOmfBQ

Always been a fan of TATA ADS. Specially Safari series. Gets my adrenaline pumping.

But Why is that black appliqué required on the hood ?

Last edited by mayank0782 : 8th December 2015 at 21:31. Reason: Emoticon not correctly displayed.
Old 8th December 2015, 21:31   #592
BHPian

Every time I think of going away from Safari/Storme, one of their advertisement pulls me back. Once again, their commercial pulls me back into STORME. More than me, my daughters don't want anything other than STORME.
Eagerly waiting for STORME AT !

Prem.
Old 8th December 2015, 22:06   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank0782 View Post
Always been a fan of TATA ADS. Specially Safari series. Gets my adrenaline pumping.

But Why is that black appliqué required on the hood ?
This one had some of the accessories on it. The black thing on hood is insect deflector, then it has DRLs, faux hood scoop and door visors.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2015, 08:07   #594
Senior - BHPian

One thing has always perplexed me. The performance difference between 4x4 and a 4x2 of the same versions of the suv. Be it Safari or similar variants of the Scorpio.
I have driven back to back 3L versions of 4wd and 2wd safaris. The 2wd feels more peppy. And I have also driven the last iteration of the Scorpio in both 4wd and 2wd guise and again the same was experienced.
I have asked a number of people about this with some dismissing it as just a feel and some attributing it to the additional weight of the front axle.
Does the extra 100 kgs make that much of a difference?
Is it due to some transmission losses in the center differential?

Behram sir can you shed some light on this query? Or anyone else who has had similar experience and found out why?
Old 9th December 2015, 08:14   #595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaviprem View Post
Every time I think of going away from Safari/Storme, one of their advertisement pulls me back. Once again, their commercial pulls me back into STORME. More than me, my daughters don't want anything other than STORME.
Eagerly waiting for STORME AT !

Prem.
Methinks its gonna be a long one. They are yet to put tech available to them in the safari, the one that I was eagerly looking forward for was automatic climate control, but that is yet to come. I do not know if they ever will be able to bring in an AT - and if ey ever do, will they be able to price it well.
Old 9th December 2015, 09:31   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
One thing has always perplexed me. The performance difference between 4x4 and a 4x2 of the same versions of the suv. Be it Safari or similar variants of the Scorpio.
I have driven back to back 3L versions of 4wd and 2wd safaris. The 2wd feels more peppy. And I have also driven the last iteration of the Scorpio in both 4wd and 2wd guise and again the same was experienced.
I have asked a number of people about this with some dismissing it as just a feel and some attributing it to the additional weight of the front axle.
Does the extra 100 kgs make that much of a difference?
Is it due to some transmission losses in the center differential?

Behram sir can you shed some light on this query? Or anyone else who has had similar experience and found out why?
Maybe it's my feeling,I found the 4wd versions more composed than the 2wd counterparts.
Old 9th December 2015, 09:35   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
One thing has always perplexed me.
Well, 100 kgs is nothing to sneeze at. It's like having 1.5 average sized adults in the car.

The thing that puzzles me is why the step-motherly treatment to the LX and EX variants w.r.t the 400 nm engine.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 9th December 2015, 11:03   #598
ISO
BANNED

Quote:

+1

There are so many omissions or dash under the list of Varicor-400 VX tab. For e.g. "Projector Head Lamps".
Old 9th December 2015, 11:05   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
+1

There are so many omissions or dash under the list of Varicor-400 VX tab. For e.g. "Projector Head Lamps".
Everything is there. It is just callous mistake on part of TATA motors marketing department.
Old 9th December 2015, 11:09   #600
ISO
BANNED

Quote:

+1

Can somebody confirm this?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks