Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th March 2016, 09:43   #736
BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferruccio View Post
Ordered the clock from my dealer Concorde, Prabhadevi, Mumbai.
Noob question, does that clock have it's own battery or connected to the car's via some pre-installed harness? If I recall rite, the previous storme version had it in a white dial and this one's black; does it have dial color options?
Old 30th March 2016, 10:26   #737
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
No, not the door panels, just the co-driver side door sill moulding where the wiring harness travels to the rear speakers.

Ordered the clock from my dealer Concorde, Prabhadevi, Mumbai.

I agree. But the way the accessory delinquents open the panels, it is like watching heart surgery performed on my new-born child by untrained quacks.

Between having the centre bezel dismantled, screw driver scratches and broken dog-house clips that will lead to rattles later, I can live with a few off-key harmonics.

8 years working in Lexus at the beginning of my career has left me with permanent OCD when it comes to cars.
But there is way out. If you get proper level reducer plus active low pass filter. Low pass filter will remove most of the harmonics. You will get clean bass. If not active passive low pass filter will do the job though not good as active low pass filter.
Old 30th March 2016, 17:26   #738
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Noob question, does that clock have it's own battery or connected to the car's via some pre-installed harness? If I recall rite, the previous storme version had it in a white dial and this one's black; does it have dial color options?
Very relevant question. I'd made the mistake of assuming that the clock would have it's own battery. Since I had never changed the battery on my earlier Safari's round analog fascia clock, I should have known that the clock is meant to be connected to the car's via some harness.

So while I got the clock, there's no pre-installed harness. So my poor driver has been waiting since morning until Concorde is able to fabricate a custom harness to power the clock. That they are willing to do that for me is really great of them. Will post pictures tomorrow. Hopefully will get the car back anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
But there is way out. If you get proper level reducer plus active low pass filter. Low pass filter will remove most of the harmonics. You will get clean bass. If not active passive low pass filter will do the job though not good as active low pass filter.
Thanks ISO. There was a time I could have fabricated a low pass filter myself. But my education along with my trusty soldering iron have gone down the drain. I am mostly a PowerPoint expert now.

So the moot question is how does one go about installing a proper level reducer plus active low pass filter in Mumbai. My contact in Harman has been kidnapped by aliens and refuses to answer calls since I acquired the Storme!
Ferruccio is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 13:55   #739
BHPian

Clock got installed yesterday. Cost me Rs. 4032. It is illuminated and looks good at night too. Here are the daytime pics:
Attached Thumbnails
2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_20160331_084902.jpg  

2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review-img_20160331_084923.jpg  

Ferruccio is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 14:33   #740
BANNED

Quote:
Clock got installed yesterday. Cost me Rs. 4032. It is illuminated and looks good at night too. Here are the daytime pics:
OMG, 4000/- INR for a clock? What is it, a Rado??

That said, the centre console without the clock looked much cheaper and tackier. This improves it slightly.
Old 31st March 2016, 14:46   #741
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
OMG, 4000/- INR for a clock? What is it, a Rado??

That said, the centre console without the clock looked much cheaper and tackier. This improves it slightly.
Even better than a Rado .... its a genuine, rare, limited edition Titan

Actually I got it because the centre console blanking is an eye-sore and being used to seeing the clock there in my previous car, I kept looking at it and that irritated me.

Should have put a pic of my beloved wife there instead. . . that way she'd always get hiccups
Ferruccio is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st March 2016, 17:08   #742
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for posting the details @Ferruccio; looks good! Although, I thought it'd be the one with black dial; the pic you'd posted earlier with the part#.
Old 31st March 2016, 20:41   #743
Senior - BHPian

Looks like I am not going to own a Storme at all. Supreme Court extended the ban in NCR with additional rider of some tax once the ban is lifted. It was a stretch at 16 lacs, would have borrowed more to get to 17 but anything beyond that is completely out of my hand. Nothing slipped off my hands more closely than this. Sigh!
Old 31st March 2016, 21:08   #744
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Looks like I am not going to own a Storme at all. Supreme Court extended the ban in NCR with additional rider of some tax once the ban is lifted. It was a stretch at 16 lacs, would have borrowed more to get to 17 but anything beyond that is completely out of my hand. Nothing slipped off my hands more closely than this. Sigh!
I said it earlier and I'll say it again. Drive it again and if it appeals this much to your heart, then get a non-ncr address and buy it.

I just don't buy the pollution angle at all. You buy a 1990ish cc Delhi-Special Scorpio or the 2200cc Storme, there will be no difference made to the pollution. As it is, the biggest contributor is the road and construction dust in the NCR.
Old 1st April 2016, 10:53   #745
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avinash_m View Post
Thanks for posting the details @Ferruccio; looks good! Although, I thought it'd be the one with black dial; the pic you'd posted earlier with the part#.
Well observed. They fitted the Aria clock. Concorde wants to change it but I told them I can live with it.
Old 1st April 2016, 11:18   #746
Aum
BHPian

Quote:
I am sure 1999CC STORME would be in making. What I find amusing is beyond 2000CC all vehicles be it TATA's or Audi's find themselves in same bracket.
Old 1st April 2016, 12:41   #747
BHPian

Quote:
The clock is just amazing and I wish the Storme comes with this by default.
Old 1st April 2016, 15:04   #748
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
I said it earlier and I'll say it again. Drive it again and if it appeals this much to your heart, then get a non-ncr address and buy it.

I just don't buy the pollution angle at all. You buy a 1990ish cc Delhi-Special Scorpio or the 2200cc Storme, there will be no difference made to the pollution. As it is, the biggest contributor is the road and construction dust in the NCR.
Nothing appeals to me more than a Storme. I will buy a Storme or will settle for S Cross or Honda City or any other car for that matter. Scorpio and XUV do not impress me much.

I am now desperately looking for non-NCR address angle. Need to act fast before they ban it pan-India basis. Need to sort loan issues if I am purchasing car from different city, not sure how it works.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aum View Post
I am sure 1999CC STORME would be in making. What I find amusing is beyond 2000CC all vehicles be it TATA's or Audi's find themselves in same bracket.
I wish they they had been as proactive as Mahindras in this regard.
Old 5th April 2016, 14:41   #749
BHPian

Quote:
Need to sort loan issues if I am purchasing car from different city, not sure how it works.
Recently a family relative of mine bought XUV500 from Noida but got it registered from Kanpur. Also, he got the loan done from Kota, Rajasthan and the whole process was pretty smooth.

The dealer in Noida just asked for the approval of the loan on email and that they transferred the amount via RTGS directly to the dealer.

Cheers!
iabhishekkumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2016, 15:21   #750
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iabhishekkumar View Post
Recently a family relative of mine bought XUV500 from Noida but got it registered from Kanpur. Also, he got the loan done from Kota, Rajasthan and the whole process was pretty smooth.
I heard that even temporary registration is not allowed in Delhi. Will check again with other dealers if that is not the case.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks