Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2016, 15:58   #766
BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISO View Post
With respect to above quarry. Already discussed in this forum that removing/refitting seat is safety Hazard in case of accident.

BTW- Fabric seats of Safari are comfortable as they can breath. Why he want to fit leather seat cover?
Agree the fabric seat cover is comfortable esp in summer , but only thing driving this is the COLOR they want . I also warned him of the risk in taking out the seat and refitting.

Their dream - Pearl white Storme with tan orange seat cover

PS: Many cars have these stitched seats , so does that mean these are risks taken by the owners ?
Old 19th April 2016, 17:19   #767
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
So, only option is a tailor made one , but the shop owner is saying that, this is only custom fitted , in tight fashion , by taking out the seats from the car , fitting the covers and putting them back.
Load of BS ! Seats do not have to be taken out for this. A person who knows how to stitch seat covers will take the measurement of the seats, stitch them, and then fit the covers over the seats. Removing of seats is absolutely not required. Your brother just needs to go to hte right place.

Important -
Art leather will heat up. Suggest either leather or fabric.

You may not get the exact shade of orange in leather, but do look around.

ps:
I had tried to remove the front seats - but could not. Could not get some of the bolts out of their sockets.
Old 19th April 2016, 17:34   #768
ISO
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Agree the fabric seat cover is comfortable esp in summer , but only thing driving this is the COLOR they want . I also warned him of the risk in taking out the seat and refitting.

Their dream - Pearl white Storme with tan orange seat cover
Orange?
Generally black theme will suit orange seats.
Old 19th April 2016, 17:49   #769
BHPian

Thanks Condor and ISO.

I have forwarded the link to this discussion to him and will advise him to go to a few more good shops and mention the seat removal point.

PS: Yes Orange/ Tan goes with Black generally , but i have also seen a white D class sedan ( black interiors) with tan seat cover, looking great. May be because of the superior D class finish in the sedan and the flowing contours, that looks was classy.

Last edited by Amazing : 19th April 2016 at 17:53. Reason: -
Old 22nd April 2016, 15:46   #770

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
You are right. Tata finally woke up. It seems below 2000cc Storme is on it way. Now I hope they bring it out sooner than later. Apparently it will be available in 45-60 days.
Hello,

Did you receive any other updates about the under 2000cc Storme launch? I am eagerly waiting to book it.

Thanks,
Rakesh
Old 22nd April 2016, 20:05   #771
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callrakesh View Post
Hello,

Did you receive any other updates about the under 2000cc Storme launch? I am eagerly waiting to book it.

Thanks,
Rakesh
Not yet, I too am eagerly waiting. Have patience, TATA is slower than we think.
Old 27th April 2016, 14:45   #772
BHPian

Hi Folks,
A query for which I need some quick guidance. I just got my first free service of the storme (EX) done yesterday at 4200 Kms and 3 months completion. Having read some of the opinions and posts, I went in for an oil + oil filter change although the recommended change is 20000 Kms for the first change. The unforeseen issue this has led to is w.r.t the AMC.

I had not taken an AMC during initial purchase and the plan was to pick it towards the end of the 1st year so that I can maximise the 3 yr AMC period (I had planned to pick up the Gold 3Ys / 60K Km AMC). Now having done an oil change, i get to know from the Service CRM that the AMC cannot be purchased. It needs to be in place before any lubricant or oil gets replaced in the vehicle. As of now they have kept the job card open (and i have taken the vehicle back after servicing) but I need to decide quickly. It effectively means my AMC period is shortened by about 9 months (if i take it in the 3rd month of ownership versus the planned 12th month of ownership).

The cost for the Gold 3yr / 60 K AMC is approx INR 44 K. Considering my annual running will be about 12000 Kms only (So 3.5 yrs will be max 40k kms), is the Gold plan worth it. A rough back of the paper calculation of paid servicing costs + assuming some standard consumables (coolant, brake fluid, clutch fluid, axle oil. gear oil, brake pads atleast once, multiple wiper blades, occassional wheel bearing and battery) comes to approx 42-43 K. So it looks like a worthy option to me. Any quick feedback, since I need to finalise today.
Old 27th April 2016, 15:40   #773
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seek View Post
The cost for the Gold 3yr / 60 K AMC is approx INR 44 K. Considering my annual running will be about 12000 Kms only (So 3.5 yrs will be max 40k kms), is the Gold plan worth it. A rough back of the paper calculation of paid servicing costs + assuming some standard consumables (coolant, brake fluid, clutch fluid, axle oil. gear oil, brake pads atleast once, multiple wiper blades, occassional wheel bearing and battery) comes to approx 42-43 K. So it looks like a worthy option to me. Any quick feedback, since I need to finalise today.
I have ARIA Varicor with 148hp version. The engine & chassis are same in both the vehicles
I have stuck to consumables change as per manufacturer schedule
Fist and second service cost is nil
Third with engine oil, oil filter and sediment filter change cost is Rs 3600 @15000km
Fourth service @ 30000km, engine oil, fuel and oil filter, sediment filter changed. cost is Rs 5200/-
Fifth service will be paid service , so an additional cost Rs 1600-1700 towards labour needs to added to oil change, oil filter, sediment filter change @ 45000K
Hope this will be of use
rkg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 08:46   #774
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Folks,
A query for which I need some quick guidance. I just got my first free service of the storme (EX) done yesterday at 4200 Kms and 3 months completion. Having read some of the opinions and posts, I went in for an oil + oil filter change although the recommended change is 20000 Kms for the first change. The unforeseen issue this has led to is w.r.t the AMC.

I had not taken an AMC during initial purchase and the plan was to pick it towards the end of the 1st year so that I can maximise the 3 yr AMC period (I had planned to pick up the Gold 3Ys / 60K Km AMC).
Hi there.
I was in a lot of confusion when opting for AMC. My dealership guys informed that gold AMC is valid for 3 years from the date of purchase of the vehicle and not from the date of AMC purchase. So AMC is valid for the first 3 years or 45k kms on the odo, regardless of when you take the AMC. I confirmed this with multiple dealers, even in Hyderabad. Also the gold AMC is only 3 years/45000kms according to all of them. I asked about 60k kms AMC, but was denied, as they modified all other earlier AMC plans and even removed the platinum plan. Please confirm this before going for the AMC. Any other guys who had a chance to opt for 60k kms AMC?

Regarding AMC, I would suggest AMC if you want a complete peace of mind. If your running is low and doesn't involve any adventure trips or so, you can avoid the AMC. If the vehicle expenses/repairs/scheduled services would cost you anywhere near that 45k INR in the three years, then better to opt for AMC. Safari/Storme owners can clarify on this expenditures. I won't think depending on your running, it would cost you that much in three years.

I wanted complete peace of mind, so went for it. Didn't think of anything else.

I've completed 4500kms in less than a month, in which I visited the service centre twice for some minor rattles. I was asked only the service booklet. They replaced my LHS front door latch without any questions. So for minor issues TML mostly does them free of cost, when vehicle is in warranty. Also you've already purchased the extended warranty. So no worries.
Old 28th April 2016, 09:35   #775
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
Hi there.
I was in a lot of confusion when opting for AMC. My dealership guys informed that gold AMC is valid for 3 years from the date of purchase of the vehicle and not from the date of AMC purchase. So AMC is valid for the first 3 years or 45k kms on the odo, regardless of when you take the AMC. I confirmed this with multiple dealers, even in Hyderabad. Also the gold AMC is only 3 years/45000kms according to all of them. I asked about 60k kms AMC, but was denied, as they modified all other earlier AMC plans and even removed the platinum plan. Please confirm this before going for the AMC. Any other guys who had a chance to opt for 60k kms AMC?

Regarding AMC, I would suggest AMC if you want a complete peace of mind. If your running is low and doesn't involve any adventure trips or so, you can avoid the AMC. If the vehicle expenses/repairs/scheduled services would cost you anywhere near that 45k INR in the three years, then better to opt for AMC. Safari/Storme owners can clarify on this expenditures. I won't think depending on your running, it would cost you that much in three years.

I wanted complete peace of mind, so went for it. Didn't think of anything else.

I've completed 4500kms in less than a month, in which I visited the service centre twice for some minor rattles. I was asked only the service booklet. They replaced my LHS front door latch without any questions. So for minor issues TML mostly does them free of cost, when vehicle is in warranty. Also you've already purchased the extended warranty. So no worries.
Thanks Doc for the valuable inputs! Luckily, i didn't pick it yesterday and the service marketing guy will come over today. I'll check the 3yrs / 60 K Kms point again. What was specifically clarified to me yesterday was :
1. The AMC is valid for 3 yrs from AMC purchase date or 60,000 Kms on the odo, whichever is earlier.

2. Also, there was a confusion around 45 k Kms or 60 K Kms for which I got the clarification that for the refreshed model the gold AMC 3 yr plan is 3yrs / 60 k Kms / 44,500 Rs versus the earlier plan of 3 yrs / 45 k kms / 39,200 Rs. I will again specifically check this point.

Regarding the expenses, Yes I am in a dilemna knowing my running will not be all that high but like I said assuming a mileage of about 40,000 kms that i will run up by the AMC end period, I have estimated regular servicing and consumables expenses plus a few maintenance items which I think will need a replacement with in 40 K kms (3.5 yrs):
1. Brake Pads (considering large vehicle, all 4 dics brakes, 25% bumper to bumper driving)
2. Atleast one wheel bearing replacement
3. Battery
4. Wiper blades - new set every year

The above (including the servicing costs and associated recommended oil changes, coolant refill etc) comes to a little over Rs 40 K. So to me it sounds right to opt for the AMC since any other unforeseen expenses will get covered, but ofcourse if none of the above happen then i'll look silly

Another way to see it is, I look at doing a lot more driving once the AMC is in place to justify the 60 k Kms coverage, not a bad thing at all

Will check with the service CRM and update back on the 3 yrs / 60 k Kms confusion.
Old 28th April 2016, 09:53   #776
Senior - BHPian

I have the Gold 3Yr/60K Kms AMC as well as the extended warranty for my Strome 400 4X4.
This includes everything except the Battery and Tires. That is all they exclude.
It's a choice for peace of mind as well as expenses which will occur with use. An oil plus oil filter change every 10k Kms. Air filter every 20k Kms. These plus wiper changes which has already happened once etc. are a good enough reason for this AMC.
We have lived with the expenses of the Safari once. I have been there twice and with the zero bill, it gives me a big smile. Looking forward to the future zero bills as well.

Infact I'm so happy with this AMC thing I think all companies should offer it. Well calculated and it can be a win win situation for both the parties.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 14:47   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_zeus View Post
Hi there.
Quote:
Thanks Doc for the valuable inputs! Luckily, i didn't pick it yesterday and the service marketing guy will come over today. I'll check the 3yrs / 60 K Kms point again. What was specifically clarified to me yesterday was :
1. The AMC is valid for 3 yrs from AMC purchase date or 60,000 Kms on the odo, whichever is earlier.

2. Also, there was a confusion around 45 k Kms or 60 K Kms for which I got the clarification that for the refreshed model the gold AMC 3 yr plan is 3yrs / 60 k Kms / 44,500 Rs versus the earlier plan of 3 yrs / 45 k kms / 39,200 Rs. I will again specifically check this point.

I will check with the service CRM and update back on the 3 yrs / 60 k Kms confusion.
Just rechecked with the Service CRM guy at concorde, the 60k kms mileage applies form vehicle purchase date but the 3 yrs validity is from the AMC purchase date. And now i recollect checking this during by pre-purchase discussions with them too and it was the same clarification given.

I've decided to go ahead with the 3 yr / 60k Kms gold AMC.
Old 28th April 2016, 15:59   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Also, there was a confusion around 45 k Kms or 60 K Kms for which I got the clarification that for the refreshed model the gold AMC 3 yr plan is 3yrs / 60 k Kms / 44,500 Rs versus the earlier plan of 3 yrs / 45 k kms / 39,200 Rs. I will again specifically check this point.

The above (including the servicing costs and associated recommended oil changes, coolant refill etc) comes to a little over Rs 40 K. So to me it sounds right to opt for the AMC since any other unforeseen expenses will get covered, but ofcourse if none of the above happen then i'll look silly

Will check with the service CRM and update back on the 3 yrs / 60 k Kms confusion.
Quote:
Just rechecked with the Service CRM guy at concorde, the 60k kms mileage applies form vehicle purchase date but the 3 yrs validity is from the AMC purchase date. And now i recollect checking this during by pre-purchase discussions with them too and it was the same clarification given.

I've decided to go ahead with the 3 yr / 60k Kms gold AMC.
Good for you Seek. Looks like my dealership fellows are little behind in updating the maintenance schedule policies. I would have gone for 60k kms as it's a very minor difference in the amount. But it definitely gives you a peace of mind.

I called up my service centre today and asked whether i could upgrade to 60kkms by paying the difference amount. That was the first time they heard about the 60k kms gold AMC. Even the customer care toll free guy has no clue and directed me to call up the service centre. I'll try e-mailing the customer care once.

Anyways thanks for the info @Seek and @navpreet318.
Old 28th April 2016, 16:16   #779
Senior - BHPian

Please ask them to give you the contact details of the Area Sales Manager. That is one guy who has all the knowledge. In my case the whole deal was done with the ASM only and he was the one who told me the various plans before settling for this maximum AMC plan of 3 Yrs/60K Kms.
navpreet318 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 10:08   #780
BHPian

Was Taking a ride in my brothers new Storme few days back.

observed that , there are 2 aux points, one in centre console below music system and other is between the 2 front seat AC console.

Rear was like a simple charging point with a plastic cover, i know these type.

But the front one has a cigarette lighter plugged in already. Now my question is, if that cig lighter is taken out , can that also be used for 12V mobile charging ? or this is a different type construction only for cig lighter coil heating ?

PS: Cig Lighter is of no use to him as smoking is not allowed in this car :

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks