Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2017, 13:48   #796
Team-BHP Support

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwhatiam_okay View Post

here is the place that the advise is now sought ,:
1. as per dealer, he recommends Ex 4x2, stating that it is equivalent in all aspects except the 4x4(4H,4L) parts, rest all being more than sufficient to meet the travel needs and not the extreme off roading requirements. Having never owned a SUV, this is a critical piece of advice that will help me. Request you to kindly share your inputs and wisdom wrt this.
Your fair share of traveling must have exposed you to a lots of unforeseen circumstances. Or up in the hills, you need 4X4 to explore few places.

Two links which may help you.

Sheel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 14:01   #797
BHPian

@sheel, thank you for the immediate inputs, yes I have had experience w.r.t challenging terrain, however, as stated I have so far attributed the same to a sedan vs a SUV experience and owing to the power displacement, GC etc

Confusion is only because of the inputs on EX being good enough for majority of the travels, and inputs sought from a owner perspective as well. Given that this is a new change over decision for me, 1st person insights will definitely help

I will be going through the links you've shared as well.

Cheers!
Old 19th August 2017, 14:34   #798
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
so the fresh rating of vehicles as below:
1. Storme
2. Endeavour
To add to Sheel's points - the Storme's 4x4 performance has been reported to be good for a regular vehicle ( not comparing to modded jeeps etc). You can go for the Storme VX 4x4. Many of the owners are crunching the miles, without any complaints.

You can also check the threads by our Kolkatta friends where they have compared the Hexa, Gypsy, XUV etc.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 14:44   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
To add to Sheel's points - the Storme's 4x4 performance has been reported to be good for a regular vehicle ( not comparing to modded jeeps etc). You can go for the Storme VX 4x4. Many of the owners are crunching the miles, without any complaints.

You can also check the threads by our Kolkatta friends where they have compared the Hexa, Gypsy, XUV etc.
thank you! I am going through the links shared by sheel and trying to clarify to myself, also wondering how I missed out on this comparative thread before

Its a tug between the 10% usage potential of 4x4 that will come into play vs rest of the times where in it would not. Not a happy place to be in with regards to decision.

Any inputs whatsoever with regards to facelift of storme?
Old 19th August 2017, 15:09   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any inputs whatsoever with regards to facelift of storme?
From whatever info that has been shared, there doesn't seem to be a facelift in the near future. Tata is working on an all new platform the next generation Safari codenamed Q501. So it will be a couple of years for it to be on the road.
discoverwild is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 15:16   #801
BHPian

@discoverwild, thank you. at least the Q501 part is clearer. which basically boils down the question to the existing choices between Ex 4x2 and Vx 4x4

@sheel,i read through the first link on comparison, pretty much echoing out my mental state verbatim with additional inputs and confusions thrown at me . It was however a great place to re bounce my thoughts and look for answers . thank you
iamwhatiam_okay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 15:28   #802
Distinguished - BHPian

here is' the thread: www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/188715-mild-offroading-tata-hexa-other-4wd-awd-cars.html.
There was another thread else where that I read today which compared the Jeep Compass with the Hexa, and again Hexa did surprise with outcome.
Quote:
Its a tug between the 10% usage potential of 4x4 that will come into play vs rest of the times where in it would not. Not a happy place to be in with regards to decision.
It is ! . I mean, it is not a happy place to be in.

If you can, go for the 4x4. The confidence of having the 4x4 at the wheels is something. If you do, it will be a keeper. Else, the EX is VFM.
Any second car you may have will be in a different category.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 16:28   #803
BANNED

Quote:
1. as per dealer, he recommends Ex 4x2, stating that it is equivalent in all aspects except the 4x4(4H,4L) parts, rest all being more than sufficient to meet the travel needs and not the extreme off roading requirements. Having never owned a SUV, this is a critical piece of advice that will help me. Request you to kindly share your inputs and wisdom wrt this.

2.Additional question that pops up, " is there a new /facelift for Storme expected? If yes, any timeframe that is on horizon? Google doenst give inputs on the above query, which is even more the reason to post it here. Inputs appreciated
First things first, welcome to the happy world of car shopping..!!!

Secondly, the choice of vehicles is very apt and the reason I'd pick the Safari over the Endy is for its value, ride and space. You too seem to be in the same bandwagon.

Coming to your specific requirements, The EX is indeed sufficient for onroad travel along with some slush, gravel, rocks etc since it is a 2WD.

However, since you have the funds for an Endy, I'd recommend that you test drive the V-400 as well. That is a different beast altogether and it comes in a 4WD avatar too, making it a much more complete SUV than the EX.

A facelifted Safari....something is cooking. but timelines are not known yet.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2017, 22:26   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
here is' the thread: www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-excursions/188715-mild-offroading-tata-hexa-other-4wd-awd-cars.html.
There was another thread else where that I read today which compared the Jeep Compass with the Hexa, and again Hexa did surprise with outcome.
It is ! . I mean, it is not a happy place to be in.

If you can, go for the 4x4. The confidence of having the 4x4 at the wheels is something. If you do, it will be a keeper. Else, the EX is VFM.
Any second car you may have will be in a different category.
@condor,thank you for the time and the inputs. Yes hexa was pushed across by the dealer, and my only reason for not going was that its an MUV. The trips are solitary with only wife for company, we are attuned to the comforts, but we are more attuned to the drive as well.

as of now , it seems 4x4 it is.
Old 19th August 2017, 22:32   #805
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
@condor,thank you for the time and the inputs. Yes hexa was pushed across by the dealer, and my only reason for not going was that its an MUV. The trips are solitary with only wife for company, we are attuned to the comforts, but we are more attuned to the drive as well.

as of now , it seems 4x4 it is.

I didnt mean to suggest the Hexa. The Storme and Aria/Hexa have a lot in common. Looking at the Hexa can give a fair idea of the Storme.
Old 19th August 2017, 22:36   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
First things first, welcome to the happy world of car shopping..!!!

Secondly, the choice of vehicles is very apt and the reason I'd pick the Safari over the Endy is for its value, ride and space. You too seem to be in the same bandwagon.

Coming to your specific requirements, The EX is indeed sufficient for onroad travel along with some slush, gravel, rocks etc since it is a 2WD.

However, since you have the funds for an Endy, I'd recommend that you test drive the V-400 as well. That is a different beast altogether and it comes in a 4WD avatar too, making it a much more complete SUV than the EX.

A facelifted Safari....something is cooking. but timelines are not known yet.
Thank you for the welcome , its been a roller coaster 3 weekends with TD and confusion abound, the funny part though is that my better half seems more content on letting me meander through this quagmire. Her inputs are go for your heart and you buy only once

Endy was let off only owing to the considerations on space around my residence and parking.

travel plans have a way of bringing in the offroad aspect when least expected IMHO, best roads tend to go waste and off beaten kuccha trail shorcuts take you to vistas unknown with an adrenalin rush. while i drive from Noida to Gurgaon to ekk out a living, the roadtrips are usually an elaborate affair with at least 7-8 days thrown in. Agree that 4x2 should be more than sufficient, given the fact that i have negotiated trying terrains on my fiesta as well with a poor GC.

I am assuming you mean the Varicor 400, this is the choice that i have V400 VX 4x4 or dicor in the safari storme, i TD'd the V400 vesion only and found it to be great.

From a decision stand point its is only on 4x2 or 4x4 :-).
Old 20th August 2017, 08:34   #807
BANNED

Quote:
From a decision stand point its is only on 4x2 or 4x4 :-).
With such a supportive wife (I hope she reads this), it is the 4x4 which makes most sense to you. In fact, if you are ok with a manual, I would go so far as to recommend the V-400 over the Hexa for its 4L, looks and charm.

What color are you thinking of?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 10:47   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
With such a supportive wife (I hope she reads this), it is the 4x4 which makes most sense to you. In fact, if you are ok with a manual, I would go so far as to recommend the V-400 over the Hexa for its 4L, looks and charm.

What color are you thinking of?
Yup , with such a supportive wife, the 4x4 is all but decided , given that both of us are the ones that are traveling for these road-trips, so the point is simple, look at it from our travel purview and decide.

she does read the TBhp ,

we are deliberating between artic white and the sky grey ( which is the closest to black). Availability isnt the issue, per the sales rep.

will keep you all posted, we are expecting to book it by wednesday , latest, god willing.
Old 20th August 2017, 13:42   #809
BHPian

Quote:
we are deliberating between artic white and the sky grey ( which is the closest to black).
When I read the color name, I thought it's some crap name the SA gave you as there's no such color at all. But, just googled and observed that it is the 'Astern Black' (mine) which has now been renamed as 'Sky Grey'; wonder why?! It indeed isn't black for sure, but I guess that's the USP which made me also go for it instead of the white.
Old 20th August 2017, 20:09   #810
BANNED

Quote:
we are deliberating between artic white and the sky grey ( which is the closest to black).
A friend owns a sky grey variant and it isn't very appealing to look at, a few months after purchase. White on the other hand, is easy to maintain, touch up and retains its lustre much longer.

Last edited by n.devdath : 20th August 2017 at 20:11.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks