Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2017, 10:14   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwhatiam_okay View Post
From a decision stand point its is only on 4x2 or 4x4 :-).
Now that you have decided on Storme, I would suggest you to go for 4X4. You will Definitely not use it on your regular drives. However, just knowing that you have an extra feature that will help you from getting out from tricky situations is a big plus. Also, Storme is a heavy vehicle and it takes a lot of effort to pull it out when stuck. 4X4 makes life easy in such situations.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 13:20   #812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post

A facelifted Safari....something is cooking. but timelines are not known yet.

devdath

You cannot just say "something is cooking" and not say anything more !!
Details please. Please.
If not when, atleast tell the what.

cheers
lazy
Old 21st August 2017, 14:09   #813
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazy View Post
devdath
If not when, atleast tell the what.
You may want to go through this. Might help you somewhat

EDIT - check post 10 second last statement from the bottom

Last edited by centaur : 21st August 2017 at 14:11.
Old 21st August 2017, 15:41   #814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
Now that you have decided on Storme, I would suggest you to go for 4X4. You will Definitely not use it on your regular drives. However, just knowing that you have an extra feature that will help you from getting out from tricky situations is a big plus. Also, Storme is a heavy vehicle and it takes a lot of effort to pull it out when stuck. 4X4 makes life easy in such situations.
I wish it were so easy, called dealer to finalize the colour and the 4x4, he came back saying " Sir, no 4x4 available in plant, only 4x2 and that too in two colours only sliver and bronze , let me know which one you want"

dont know the veracity of above statement, am trying to check it out.

Any inputs onto this scarcity will be appreciated
Old 21st August 2017, 15:51   #815
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I wish it were so easy, called dealer to finalize the colour and the 4x4, he came back saying " Sir, no 4x4 available in plant, only 4x2 and that too in two colours only sliver and bronze , let me know which one you want"
Dealer would be possibly trying to clear his stock. Reach out to TML. Or through SOUL group on FB.
Old 21st August 2017, 15:57   #816
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

dont know the veracity of above statement, am trying to check it out.

Any inputs onto this scarcity will be appreciated
I think 4X4 is generally not readily available as demand is quite low. Also, TML must be focusing more on Hexa than on Storme. Let me know the colour you want and I will try and get some information on its availability.

P.S.: I waited one year to get mine.
sourabhzen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 16:03   #817
BHPian

Quote:
I think 4X4 is generally not readily available as demand is quite low. Also, TML must be focusing more on Hexa than on Storme. Let me know the colour you want and I will try and get some information on its availability.

P.S.: I waited one year to get mine.
Seems to be the case, i had finalized on Artic white or Sky grey both in 4x4 variants. thanks for the help
Old 21st August 2017, 16:08   #818
Senior - BHPian

Please ask the dealer to connect you to the Territory Manager for Noida. At max they should take a month and a half to deliver you the vehicle. Even if an order is placed today at the plant, you should get it in 45 days.
Straightaway talk to the TM. They have to put you through to him. If they don't, call up the number on the website and convey the situation to them. Tata at company level is pretty proactive.

Oh and great choice. You'll love it daily. I can vouch for it!

Last edited by navpreet318 : 21st August 2017 at 16:10.
navpreet318 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 16:14   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navpreet318 View Post
Please ask the dealer to connect you to the Territory Manager for Noida. At max they should take a month and a half to deliver you the vehicle. Even if an order is placed today at the plant, you should get it in 45 days.
Straightaway talk to the TM. They have to put you through to him. If they don't, call up the number on the website and convey the situation to them. Tata at company level is pretty proactive.

Oh and great choice. You'll love it daily. I can vouch for it!
Basis inputs from condor above , i had already initiated a call to tata as well as a mail to them on their site. I will also get the TM details for the Noida person and take it ahead

The disconnect also seems from the impending rise in the SUV taxation by 15% , which i guess is making the dealer to get rid of his old inventory faster.

EDIT: The TML folks got back with the number of the person handling delhi region, spoke to him, and he basically echoed the known process wrt the availability, however, he was of the opinion that the 4x4 orders will be collated and manufacturing done.

he also said that concorde had couple of units available of 2016 make, and he has asked the folks in concorde to get in touch, while i told him that i would be interested in 17 model only, however, throwing open the question to a larger input, do you folks think it will be worthwhile to evaluate the 16 model as well?

Last edited by Zappo : 5th March 2018 at 19:26. Reason: Consecutive posts merged.
Old 21st August 2017, 18:12   #820
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
... 17 model only, however, throwing open the question to a larger input, do you folks think it will be worthwhile to evaluate the 16 model as well?
Though I would prefer 2017 models only but there is no harm if the discounts are substantial.
Old 21st August 2017, 19:38   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Though I would prefer 2017 models only but there is no harm if the discounts are substantial.
okay, will take that into consideration, however, wouldnt the warranty already be 8-9 months old in the vehicle of 2016, assuming its december, how will it affect the ownership

WRT the AMC , in this case, assuming that i go for the 16 model, it will commence from date of delivery only, right? or will it be for the number of months from manufacturing?

Any ideas?
Old 21st August 2017, 20:07   #822
BHPian

Quote:
however, wouldnt the warranty already be 8-9 months old in the vehicle of 2016, assuming its december
WRT the AMC , it will commence from date of delivery only, right?
Warranty will come into effect from the date of purchase; holds true for the extended warranty too; and same is the case for AMC as well.
If you're not in a hurry, it makes sense to wait and get a 2017 model only; you'll have complete peace of mind that way.
Old 21st August 2017, 20:07   #823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Any ideas?
Warranty and AMC starts from invoice dates.

I checked with one friend at a Tata dealership and he confirmed that the production of 4x4 ma happen next month. He also said that prices may revise if GST revision happens. So only thing he can promise is a discount. I have a gut feeling that you have already spoken with him.
Old 21st August 2017, 22:23   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Warranty and AMC starts from invoice dates.

I checked with one friend at a Tata dealership and he confirmed that the production of 4x4 ma happen next month. He also said that prices may revise if GST revision happens. So only thing he can promise is a discount. I have a gut feeling that you have already spoken with him.
so heres the thing, the GST revision monster being the core driver to close the deal, from both ends, ie mine and the dealer, the current showstopper was the dealer input on the production and no clarity on the future dates of availability.

well i have spoken only to the TML TM who of course didnt get into discount discussion, other person is of course the dealer with whom i have had the discussions so far and am desirous to close asap.

If your friend is amougst either one above, will be bothering you more for help, And if he is out side of these 2 gents, will be bothering you more for help anyways

right now , am going full steam to get the booking done and await the delivery of the beast.
iamwhatiam_okay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2018, 12:21   #825
BHPian

@ iamwhatiam_okay

Hi, did you buy this and do you have an ownership thread. I would be interested to know. Thanks.

Swami

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks