Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2018, 09:18   #841
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: 2015 Tata Safari Storme : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
I took the delivery of my Storme VX yesterday.

Overall it is an improvement over my DICOR, in a lot of ways.
Congratulations on the new arrival. The pearl white is the best colour on the Storme. You'll love the way it never ages.

I am sure you'll enjoy a lot of miles on this as you have with the DICOR.
vigsom is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2018, 15:07   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Hello BHPians

An update. I opted for 2018 over the 2017 model. I lose 68k benefits but that's ok. My Pearl white baby, the Storme 400 VX has arrived and I did a brief PDI.

Heartiest congratulations to you for your new ride. I got mine in Dec'17 with same color. You will definitely love the ride.
Prateek19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 15:08   #843
BANNED

Quote:
I took the delivery of my Storme VX yesterday.
Congratulations on the purchase and delivery...!!!

There is something about a white Safari that still tugs at heart strings. Had it had some basic features and an AT, it would have sold many times over its current numbers.

That said, when is your ownership report coming up?
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 16:33   #844
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you Prateek, Vigsom, Condor and Devdath

My ownership review is a few days away. I wanted to clock some kilometres before I pen it. Just 200km on odo now.

By the way, got my number plate fitted, much needed loud Roots horn, 3m sunfilm on and those ugly plastic cover over seats removed. Finding ready made seat covers for Storme is a pain. No one stocks it. Reason :" Sir, barely 5-7 storme's is in entire Trichy sir"

Decided to stay with stock seats. They compliment the black grey interior theme though it makes the cabin look smaller than it actually is.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 12th March 2018 at 16:41.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 16:47   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Finding ready made seat covers for Storme is a pain. No one stocks it.
Congrats on your purchase, and wishing you a very happy ownership!!!
Are seat covers not available as part of the Storm accessories anymore? They match the same Java brown shade with jute-like material at the centre and rexin around the sides. Please ask your dealer to order them for you.
Old 12th March 2018, 17:13   #846
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkamath View Post
Congrats on your purchase, and wishing you a very happy ownership!!!
Are seat covers not available as part of the Storm accessories anymore?.
Thank you Kamath!

The fact is Tata dealers DONT have the motivation to sell safaris anymore. The GM openly told me "Any customer who is coming for a 7 seater, we direct them to Hexa. It is only the very rare people like you who are used to Safari go for a new safari. That is why we don't even have a safari TD vehicle."
While Hexa they have 2 TD cars, one manual and the other auto.

Naturally, they did not even have the accessories list with them for safari. This dealer is a new one (3 months old). And mine was the first safari they have given since opening the dealership. Luckily I was able to find floor mats from them. And adding to bad luck, the other two dealerships have shut shop.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 12th March 2018 at 17:14.
Old 12th March 2018, 19:33   #847
BANNED

Quote:
Finding ready made seat covers for Storme is a pain. No one stocks it.
Why not get covers made? That's easy and will be unique to your vehicle. While you are at it, you can also think of improving the reduced underthigh support on the driver's seat.

Have you tested the AC's temperature control knob's functioning? It is a known grouse on a lot of Safaris.
n.devdath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 19:43   #848
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Finding ready made seat covers for Storme is a pain. No one stocks it. Reason :" Sir, barely 5-7 storme's is in entire Trichy sir"
I am using seat covers from elegant auto. Check their website. YOu could order it, and get it fitted locally.

http://www.elegantauto.in/

My suggestion:
either fabric or full leather. I find art-leather to heat up and cause sweating.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2018, 21:03   #849
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n.devdath View Post
Have you tested the AC's temperature control knob's functioning? It is a known grouse on a lot of Safaris.
I have checked. Luckily it works fine

Btw the in cabin lighting is cool. I am contemplating tan vs Black seat covers to be made. Black would match the theme, but tan looks nicer.
Old 20th March 2018, 13:11   #850
BHPian

Need some help. My storme's clutch acting in a peculiar way recently. while I start for the day, the clutch is smooth and acts normal. The clutch pressure is at 12 though it is acceptable till 16. But when I drive for couple of hours and when the engine temp is increased, the clutch becomes hard and could not slot first or second gear sometimes. Though I slot first gear by doing declutch, The car doesn't pull freely , it struggles a lot and starts stammering. Took it to TASS, they diagnosed it be worn out springs in clutch and bearing. They suggested to go for new clutch kit, which I had already approved and the work is in progress now.

The car is run around 48k kms now. My dicor did not have any such issue until I sold it at around 70k kms. Just wanted to know if there is something specific that I want to check apart from changing the clutch kit.As I was facing this problem only when the car has run for more than an hour and engine temp is at middle mark.

Last edited by BulZire : 20th March 2018 at 13:20.
Old 20th March 2018, 13:25   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulZire View Post
Need some help. My storme's clutch acting in a peculiar way recently. while I start for the day, the clutch is smooth and acts normal. The clutch pressure is at 12 though it is acceptable till 16. But when I drive for couple of hours and when the engine temp is increased, the clutch becomes hard and could not slot first or second gear sometimes.
Typical of a hydraulic clutch system wearing out. Nothing abnormal about this symptom.

Quote:
They suggested to go for new clutch kit, which I had already approved and the work is in progress now.
Correct diagnosis. Good that you are getting it replaced because if you push it too far with a worn out , shuddering clutch you may run the risk of scoring/scratching the flywheel - which is an expensive bit of kit in the Safari.
arjab is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 14:58   #852
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Correct diagnosis. Good that you are getting it replaced because if you push it too far with a worn out , shuddering clutch you may run the risk of scoring/scratching the flywheel - which is an expensive bit of kit in the Safari.
Thanks. I too did not want to make any further attempt of running with a worn out clutch, though TASS was ok to put back the old kit if I want. Flywheel also was inspected and confirmed to be in good shape. hope the problem gets resolved with new kit.

Last edited by BulZire : 20th March 2018 at 15:04.
Old 1st April 2018, 10:16   #853
BHPian

Wife took part in an all women rally from Delhi to jaipur organised by PHD chambers of commerce. The route was a mix of regular highway, village roads and through undulating terrain along mines. The truck performed exceptionally well, ate up miles at ease, high visibility gave her and crew excellent idea of what's coming ahead and she could plan her braking change of gear and acceleration well. For a first timer she came 24th overall amongst some 90 participants. At one sandy patch some 15 odd cars got stuck including crossovers but certainly not the beast. Thank you TATA for making such a brilliant vehicle. The Bridgestone 265 ATs player a part too.

P.s: I am not able to upload pics through the app.
Old 11th April 2018, 14:57   #854
BHPian

The Fuel lid opener button on the driver door is not working from last week. I had to open the lid manually by pulling the string through the boot door. Is there any DIY I can try to fix this ?
Old 12th April 2018, 00:59   #855
BHPian

Quote:
The Fuel lid opener button on the driver door is not working from last week. I had to open the lid manually by pulling the string through the boot door. Is there any DIY I can try to fix this ?
Did you check the fuse? I had faced similar issue once and a fuse replacement solved it.
BipB is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks