Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th May 2016, 03:23   #1561
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker99 View Post
Has any one tried installing a dashcam in the Jazz, especially the current model? How easy was it to conceal the wiring? I am considering the Transcend DrivePro 100 (INR 7,299 on Amazon). Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Also wondering if there is a way to simultaneously use the cigarette lighter/ charger for something else such as charging a mobile.

Try the drive pro 200. Much more features and Vfm IMO. Trades at around 10k on Amazon India. It's little cheaper here for around 70 euros. The most imp difference between 100 and 200 is the additional 30sec back up recording it provides inspite of a complete power loss in the event of an incident. Captures those most important moments. Worth completely.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 07:30   #1562
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
Try the drive pro 200. Much more features and Vfm IMO. Trades at around 10k on Amazon India. It's little cheaper here for around 70 euros. The most imp difference between 100 and 200 is the additional 30sec back up recording it provides inspite of a complete power loss in the event of an incident. Captures those most important moments. Worth completely.
If I am not mistaken it's the DP 100 that has a battery/capacitor and not DP 200.

DP 100 info: http:// http://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-675

DP 200 info: http://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-498

But there still seems to be a bit of confusion on that issue. The comparison table shows that all dashcams by Transcend have a battery/capacitor. http://www.transcend-info.com/PR/eve...on_cvr_en.html. The review by Eds draft on YouTube however clearly shows the DP 100's battery/capacitor in action.
Old 15th May 2016, 07:47   #1563
BHPian

If on a long journey or a continuous drive, will the above record it continuously or may be in parts without losing any details ..
Old 15th May 2016, 08:54   #1564
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vvrchandra View Post
If on a long journey or a continuous drive, will the above record it continuously or may be in parts without losing any details ..
Transcend dashcams record the video in files of 1/3/5 minutes (depending on your choice). That means that your entire journey of let's say an hour will get recorded in multiple segments/files of 1/3/5 minutes. They have an SD card slot (a 16GB/32GB card is included in the box). When the card gets full the oldest file gets deleted on its own. We can also change the video resolution so that more video can get stored. Other alternative is to put a bigger capacity SD card.
Flanker99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 09:18   #1565
BHPian

Quote:
If I am not mistaken it's the DP 100 that has a battery/capacitor and not DP 200.

DP 100 info: http:// http://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-675

DP 200 info: http://www.transcend-info.com/Products/No-498

But there still seems to be a bit of confusion on that issue. The comparison table shows that all dashcams by Transcend have a battery/capacitor. http://www.transcend-info.com/PR/eve...on_cvr_en.html. The review by Eds draft on YouTube however clearly shows the DP 100's battery/capacitor in action.

Check the Scorpio ownership thread of member joy bhowmik where he has explained diff between both 100 and 200 series clearly. That should give you a fair idea.

Cheers... Shiv
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 09:40   #1566
BHPian

The following is from Joy's thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3798753

I chose the Transcend DrivePro 220 on Monday September 21 , for a very expensive ₹ 11,275 from Snapdeal. It includes the camera , a mount , and a Transcend micro SDHC Class 10 16 GB card. Why did I make this choice? The nearest contender was the Transcend DrivePro 200, available for ₹ 9,399.00 at Amazon. But the 200 has a capacitive energy storage, good for only 1/3rd the 30 second window the 220 gets in the unfortunate event that mains power is interrupted. Besides the 200 keeps losing its time settings. I figured an extra 20 seconds of memory card write time, in the event of a catastrophic event, is welcome. Besides the 220 has GPS built in, so it will be hopefully useful when concocting a map+video view of future drives. The other bells and whistles such as lane departure and forward collision warning, are just that. I cannot be bothered with features meant for a more civilized market - not while I still call India my home.

Seems like he was choosing between DP 220 and DP 200. I was choosing between DP 200 and DP 100. Anyways one thing is clear that DP 200 doesn't have a proper battery. If we don't use it for 4 days then we need to reset the time and date (learnt about this from couple of YouTube reviews). Too much of a bother. I went for the DP 100. It has a proper battery. Suits my current needs. DP 220's GPS is good but I think the photographs and videos should serve more than enough of an evidence in case of an unfortunate incident.

Last edited by Flanker99 : 15th May 2016 at 09:45.
Old 15th May 2016, 10:14   #1567
BHPian

Aren't we allowed in the workshop?
Most bike workshops don't mind. The Honda service guy told me to wait in the customer lounge claiming customers not allowed in the workshop..
Old 15th May 2016, 10:24   #1568
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Most bike workshops don't mind. The Honda service guy told me to wait in the customer lounge claiming customers not allowed in the workshop..
Even the Honda dealership here has a notice fixed on the wall that customers are not allowed inside the workshop but we have always gone there, so have many others, and we haven't been stopped or sent back till date.
TD_GHY is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 10:28   #1569
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
Even the Honda dealership here has a notice fixed on the wall that customers are not allowed inside the workshop but we have always gone there, so have many others, and we haven't been stopped or sent back till date.
I didn't see any such notice here. And I can't see anything from the customer lounge as there's another car right beside mine that's blocking the view.

After one failed repair I'm not so trusting of these guys anymore so I wanna see the repairs myself this time.
Old 15th May 2016, 14:18   #1570
BHPian

Quote:
The following is from Joy's thread http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post3798753

I chose the Transcend DrivePro 220 on Monday September 21 , for a very expensive ₹ 11,275 from Snapdeal. It includes the camera , a mount , and a be bothered with features meant for a more civilized market - not while I still call India my home.

Sorry, I think I messed up. It was 220 which I was referring to and not 200. I have read few reviews and it is an excellent product it seems. Do let us know what you finally went with.

Cheers... Shiv
Old 15th May 2016, 14:23   #1571
BHPian

Quote:

They are right about it. Even in Bangalore service centres also they won't allow you unless they voluntarily want you to see something. This is mainly due to the fact that there are lot customer cars kept there which are their responsibility until it's with them. They don't want any unauthorised personnel to come in and simply move around and have a risk of missing parts or the customers hurting themselves. I don't see any other reason.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 16:51   #1572
BHPian

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20160515wa0018.jpeg

Some team bhp adornments for my jazz :-)

Last edited by ashishk29 : 15th May 2016 at 16:52.
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 19:08   #1573
OSH
BHPian

Quote:
You may not be allowed to stand there the entire time till they work on your car but you can have a casual look every now and then when they are working. It also depends on the relation you hold with your SA, he makes me usually wait in the lounge but if I want to have a look at my car I am never stopped from going on the work-floor.

Actually I like to supervise when they are cleaning the car in the end. They do a good job even if left alone but when I stand there, my car leaves much cleaner than the others.
OSH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th May 2016, 23:06   #1574
BHPian

Quote:
Couple of weeks back, I had been to Crystal Honda, Bavdhan, Pune for 1st free service of my 1.2 i-vtec Jazz VX. Even I was asked to have a look at my car from lounge area, but I insisted on having a look upclose when needed and quoted that Maruti never stopped me from visiting. He agreed to it and I went upto my car at couple of time especially when it was jacked up to have a closer look below. Its just that they don't allow you to stay for long overlooking the work.

I have one observation with my Jazz, front disc brakes squeal on putting a light foot on brake pedal, but when pressed hard there's no such noise. Higlighted to SA upon which they scrubbed the brake pads, but still on test drive it squealed again. SA told that few Jazz customers have raised this concern and they have informed Honda as well. Honda replied to Dealer saying, just scrub/clean brake pads and nothing else.

Has anyone here faced similar problem? I have completed 2000 kms and still the brakes squeal on gentle to moderate application of brake pedal.
Old 15th May 2016, 23:23   #1575
BHPian

Got some art work done on the car later in the evening. Pics :
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20160515wa0030.jpeg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20160515wa0032.jpeg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20160515wa0035.jpeg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20160515wa0037.jpeg

The entire set cost 600/-. Got it done from a local number plate guy. Good job.

Last edited by ashishk29 : 15th May 2016 at 23:24. Reason: Correction.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks