Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2016, 18:19   #1636
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
Hello Praveen,

Yes I do get the warning lamp every time i am less on fuel, usually it comes up when you have around 1 bar remaining or ideally around 25-30 kms range left. If this is not coming up, get in touch with your service adviser & get it sorted
+1 that!

I have got my Jazz in Oct 2015. In the 8000+ km that it has run, twice I have seen this light come ON. Both the times I was scared that I would not reach a petrol pump in time. Touch wood - I made it!

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 21:32   #1637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxh View Post
Low fuel light seems to come on very late in Honda cars. It won't come on with 2 bars remaining. The only time I saw that light illuminated was when Honda delivered the new car - Had to go straight to the petrol pump to fill up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TD_GHY View Post
I saw the warning lamp come up day before yesterday when the range was 30km with 1 bar left. A bar indicates around 2 litres if am not wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
Hello Praveen,

Yes I do get the warning lamp every time i am less on fuel, usually it comes up when you have around 1 bar remaining or ideally around 25-30 kms range left. If this is not coming up, get in touch with your service adviser & get it sorted
Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
+1 that!

I have got my Jazz in Oct 2015. In the 8000+ km that it has run, twice I have seen this light come ON. Both the times I was scared that I would not reach a petrol pump in time. Touch wood - I made it!

Girish Mahajan
Thanks all for the confirmation. As I said, I have not yet gone down below 40km Range on the MID. Low fuel warning at 25-30 kms range is taking it very close. Out on the highways we might not find a fuel pump within that range if we leave it too late. My Fiesta has the low fuel light come on immediately when the range goes below 80KM.

The manual says it should come ON with 5 Litres left which should be around 50Km with a 10 Km/l average. Now I also remember that the Fuel gauge had '0' bars when I got the delivery of the car and I traveled around 5kms to the nearest pump. Looks like it is taking it into account some reserve fuel too which is not shown in the fuel gauge.
Old 10th June 2016, 10:39   #1638
BHPian

This was not covered in team-bhp review.

The rear bumper of Indian jazz is shorter compared to international jazz. This may have been done due to archaic regulations in India.
If I owned a Jazz, i would try to import that bumper (and that spoiler)

From page 1 review-

Last edited by aerohit : 10th June 2016 at 10:41.
aerohit is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 11:08   #1639
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post

The rear bumper of Indian jazz is shorter compared to international jazz. This may have been done due to archaic regulations in India.
It's the same with elite i20. Both these are above 4m internationally. For India the bumpers have been chopped. Hyundai chopped the front bumpers.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 15:53   #1640
BHPian

Agree to that, inorder to keep the car within 4m, they have chopped the rear bumper a bit, but would have kept the same alloys which jazz had internationally, which i feel is the only let down in our market.
venkikewl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 16:10   #1641
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_v View Post

The manual says it should come ON with 5 Litres left which should be around 50Km with a 10 Km/l average. Now I also remember that the Fuel gauge had '0' bars when I got the delivery of the car and I traveled around 5kms to the nearest pump. Looks like it is taking it into account some reserve fuel too which is not shown in the fuel gauge.
5~8L is what the Honda guys say for the old Jazz, and out on the highway, 5L can get you 80-100 km at the 20kmpl average. My 5 year old Jazz just ran 80 odd kms on the BLR ~ CBE highway, after the light came on. Even in city driving, I don't know how you come up with only 25-30km with 5L reserve.

In the US, they have a reliable crowd sourced tracking site called tankonempty.com and the average for the Fit is 40 miles. http://tankonempty.com/viewcar/Honda/Fit

Last edited by Juggy : 10th June 2016 at 16:14.
Old 10th June 2016, 16:37   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post

From page 1 review-

Not only rear bumper, front bumper also has a protruding chin. Also upon closely observing rear spoiler of international version, we see that there is some kind of aerodynamic wind deflector (matt grey colored) below rear spoiler, a la Tata Tiago. If we keep on counting the number of things missed out on Indian version, the list will be a very long one.

I hope Honda puts back some of the omissions in facelift whenever they plan for it. This will definitely make it more complete package and suitable enough to challenge Elite i20.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2016, 12:21   #1643
BHPian

Has anyone tried comparing the bumpers of the UK specced Jazz and the US specced Fit? Somehow I feel there might be a difference between these two as well. The Fit's bumpers might be slightly more beefed up as compared to the UK Jazz's. I remember reading somewhere that this has something to do with the US regulations.

On a different note, has any one installed anti glare internal rear view mirror in the Jazz? How much does it cost and what are the popular brands?

Last edited by Flanker99 : 12th June 2016 at 12:25.
Old 12th June 2016, 15:22   #1644

Need input - I Paid the advance and with fanfare when to pick orange color and the sales manager is saying that the color is loosing its shine fast and looks dull later. I asked few others and that seems to be a concern with Orange. I don't like other colors as I already have a black car and white. Does this team have any suggestions on paint protection or how to keep the shine intact?
VenkatMunukutla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 09:12   #1645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenkatMunukutla View Post
Need input - I Paid the advance and with fanfare when to pick orange color and the sales manager is saying that the color is loosing its shine fast and looks dull later. I asked few others and that seems to be a concern with Orange. I don't like other colors as I already have a black car and white. Does this team have any suggestions on paint protection or how to keep the shine intact?
To name a few:

1. Wax. Wax. Wax. Wax your car as often as you can. A nice layer of wax ensures a decent amount of shine to the car. Also wax keeps water off the car, thereby making life easier for your watchman/car washer and making sure he doesn't have to work the surface too much to clean it.

2. Don't wash the car daily. Try to go as long as you can between washes of your car. I personally wash once a week (my cars, not myself).

3. Never EVER dry wipe your car. Always make sure either the surface or cloth (preferably both) are wet.

4. Use quality microfiber cloths. I cannot stress enough, the difference a quality microfiber makes as opposed to other clothes.

And, if you are dead serious about maintenance, you can take AMCs with detailers like 3M.

I have AMCs for all my cars.
Old 13th June 2016, 09:14   #1646
BHPian

Yes the 2 bumpers are different. USDM & JDM. We get the JDM spec in India.

USDM bumpers jut out a lot more than ours which are flush with the tailgate for eg.
venom_op is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 09:16   #1647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
Not only rear bumper, front bumper also has a protruding chin. Also upon closely observing rear spoiler of international version, we see that there is some kind of aerodynamic wind deflector (matt grey colored) below rear spoiler, a la Tata Tiago. If we keep on counting the number of things missed out on Indian version, the list will be a very long one.

I hope Honda puts back some of the omissions in facelift whenever they plan for it. This will definitely make it more complete package and suitable enough to challenge Elite i20.
This is true only for the US spec fit. All other countries it is the same as ours.
Old 13th June 2016, 12:01   #1648
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenkatMunukutla View Post
Dear Venkat,
Yes Orange is a very good color but need a lot of maintenance.
  • Do not park under Sun for long duration.
  • Please have an handy wax and spray with you so that its easy to apply whenever you wash the car.
  • Take a paint protection plan/ package from 3M in case you can spend for it. Worth the money.

PS: This was the color i booked first and then changed to white.
Vivek-Bharathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 14:05   #1649
BHPian

Last sunday it was fun.
Drove the old Jazz and the new one back to back and for quite long distances (~15km each). I would try to compare them as this is the first time I had driven the new Jazz and this is the first time I drove the Old jazz for a modest distance.

1. The new Jazz has an aggressive stance compared to the last generation. Feels bigger and more modern in every way. The interiors are spiced up but not to my taste. The dashboard feels too gimmicky where as the old Jazz looked solid and built to last. I am not a fan of too much electronics in my car. Call me stupid but I feel high doses of electronics means more complexity. Someone said right, the ACC unit feels like a microwave oven but it is good for those who like those smart looking lights and is an electronic geek.

2. The boot looks bigger in the new Jazz and is more square shaped compared to the old one. I feel this is mostly because the older one was an international variant with no India specific changes, which meant the boot specification had to comply with Euro and NA regulations. The result is, loading up the new boot is easier.

3. The built quality is atleast 2 notches down compared to the older Jazz. The older one felt solid and all beadings were holding up pretty well in our 30K km driven car. The doors closed with typical Japaneese thunk and the insulation was top class. Now coming to the new Jazz, it doesnt look and sound flimsy in isolation but in a comparison, yes it is. Even the hatch for that matter isn't as heavy as the old one. Thirst for more KMPL I guess.

4. The most interesting part. The old Jazz feels very drivable even with all this bad low end reponse horror stories. Very chuckable and nicely builds up the revs. The only place where you can get a bit pissed off are those big bone breakers or B2B traffic. In comparison, the new Jazz is more FE conscious and hence they made it worst. The car simply refuses to move unless the revs go higher. I still feel i20 is much peppier to drive in the city where most of the time these cars are expected to spend. At the end, I would choose old Jazz over the new one AFA the driving ease is concerned.

No doubts the new Jazz is a promising package but it isn't any special and doesn't take your heart away the way Old jazz did. i20 is still better in almost every way and is a benchmark in itself and I feel sad about it being a Honda loyal for 11 years. Things are much easier when you know who are you competing against and Honda simply failed to capitalize on this.

Cheers..
Shiv

Last edited by Shiv_1984 : 13th June 2016 at 14:06.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th June 2016, 14:36   #1650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
3. The built quality is atleast 2 notches down compared to the older Jazz. The older one felt solid and all beadings were holding up pretty well in our 30K km driven car. The doors closed with typical Japaneese thunk and the insulation was top class. Now coming to the new Jazz, it doesnt look and sound flimsy in isolation but in a comparison, yes it is. Even the hatch for that matter isn't as heavy as the old one. Thirst for more KMPL I guess.

4. The most interesting part. The old Jazz feels very drivable even with all this bad low end reponse horror stories. Very chuckable and nicely builds up the revs. The only place where you can get a bit pissed off are those big bone breakers or B2B traffic. In comparison, the new Jazz is more FE conscious and hence they made it worst. The car simply refuses to move unless the revs go higher. I still feel i20 is much peppier to drive in the city where most of the time these cars are expected to spend. At the end, I would choose old Jazz over the new one AFA the driving ease is concerned.
I second your thoughts on above points. I own new Jazz and it is a lazy car at lower rpms. It makes life a bit difficult during city drives with frequent shifts. As you rightly mentioned, hatch feels very light and closes with very unusual sound. Same is the case with bonnet, very light and weird sound. Lower dashboard plastics flex too much and the glovebox lock does not sound solid enough on closing. My Esteem has better glovebox lock clsoing and lower plastics were solid too.

Have you found clutch operation a bit hard, it is definitely not feather light as is the case with petrol cars.

Last edited by varunswnt : 13th June 2016 at 15:01. Reason: Point 4 was missing
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed