Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2016, 14:03   #1711
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
I am looking to put seat covers for my VX model. Factory fitted seat covers are art leather, which will heat up quickly on a bright sunny day. Is it better to keep the existing fabric seat with an occasional shampoo wash to keep it clean or is it recommended to go for the factory fitted seat cover from Honda?
My piece of advice:

The VX model comes with high quality fabric seats. Adding a seat cover will not give you the same fit and finish. This was the advice given to me by my sales person.

Live with the current seat covers and then once soiled you can go for the seat covers. Even in that case the existing fabric need to be removed and then new seat cover need to be added.

Last edited by Vivek-Bharathy : 5th July 2016 at 14:07.
Vivek-Bharathy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 14:08   #1712
BHPian

VX model does not come with art leather seats, I own VX. Art leather seats for VX are part of Honda Accessories and are different than other variants because of Magic seats.

If I am not wrong, then all the premium hatchbacks(upto 10 lakhs) sold in India don't offer art leather seats even in their topmost variants.

Last edited by varunswnt : 5th July 2016 at 14:37.
Old 7th July 2016, 22:42   #1713
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda Cars India is celebrating the 1st Anniversary of the 3rd-gen Jazz.

Launched in July 2015, Honda moved 47,335 units of the Jazz (until June 2016) off it's factory floors, and the premium hatchback accounted for 26% of the overall yearly sales for Honda India.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-car.png
(Source)

To commemorate the occasion, Honda Cars India has announced that all it's dealerships across India will remain open till 10 PM from 8th July to 10th July 2016, with plenty of special offers for new Honda cars, several activities to keep the customers engaged and award them surprise gifts.

Official Press Release:

Quote:
New Delhi, July 7: Honda Cars India Ltd. (HCIL), leading manufacturer of passenger vehicles in the country, is celebrating the first anniversary of the 3rd Generation Honda Jazz in the Indian market. Launched in July 2015, the new Jazz accounted for 26% of total HCIL sales during the past 12 months, and is now a strong volume model in the company’s model line-up.

The Jazz registered sales of 47,335 units from July 2015 to June 2016 and is among the preferred car brands in India.

Commenting on the success of the Honda Jazz, Mr. Yoichiro Ueno, President & CEO, Honda Cars India Ltd. said: “The Jazz is a globally successful model in Honda’s line-up and is appreciated world-wide. In India too, the 3rd Generation Jazz, has struck a chord among young, urban customers who have appreciated its styling, packaging and the advanced, new-generation CVT technology.”

The Jazz CVT in Petrol, with paddle shift technology, has found a strong liking among the tech-savvy Indian customers, accounting for almost 25% of the total Jazz sales in the market.

To mark the first anniversary of the 3rd Generation Honda Jazz, Honda is welcoming customers at its dealerships across India, together with incredible offers for new Honda cars. To enhance customer delight, all Honda showrooms will be operated till 10:00 p.m. in the night from 8th July to 10th July 2016. The extended hours at the dealerships will feature several exciting activities to engage the customers with special offers and surprise gifts, which are exclusive for these three festive days.

Honda launched the premium hatchback in both Diesel and Petrol fuel options in India in 2015. The diesel variant made its debut with 1.5 L i-DTEC diesel engine exclusively for the Indian market. The model also introduced the segment-first advanced CVT with paddle shift technology for its petrol variant. The Honda Jazz is available in 5 grades offered in petrol and diesel variants- E, S, SV, V and VX with Manual Transmission. Additionally, the Jazz is also available in CVT in S and V petrol variants.
RavenAvi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th July 2016, 10:31   #1714
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Honda Cars India is celebrating the 1st Anniversary of the 3rd-gen Jazz.

The Jazz registered sales of 47,335 units from July 2015 to June 2016 and is among the preferred car brands in India.
Honda should be worried instead.

Jazz lost steam soon after launch as Maruti timed the Suzuki Baleno launch soon after Jazz came in. Elite i20 remains completely unaffected by either players, but Jazz has been on the decline compared to the other two.

Here's the actual story of those numbers, relative to itself and its peers -

Honda Jazz : Official Review-premium_hatch_sales.jpg

Meanwhile, I got this SMS from the local dealer-

Quote:
Dear prospective customers ,Honda is celebrating 1st Anniversary of Honda Jazz on 8th,9th, 10th July 2016. Visit our DAKSHIN HONDA & get Special Exclusive Offer and assured gift and benefit worth Rs.7,000/- accessories on every Jazz booking. Enjoy the celebration with for kids Gems ,Refreshment , Mehandi and other activities with Our showroom , We Open Showroom Till 10:00 PM. Please contact ***
Gems?

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 8th July 2016 at 10:37.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2016, 08:21   #1715
BHPian

Dear friends,
Can you please confirm the tyre pressure that we need to maintain for Jazz vx model for a good ride quality. The indication near the door says it is 32 at front and 30 at rear.
I feel that at the rear seats it is a little bouncy.
Old 10th July 2016, 11:28   #1716
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy View Post
Dear friends,
Can you please confirm the tyre pressure that we need to maintain for Jazz vx model for a good ride quality. The indication near the door says it is 32 at front and 30 at rear.
Dear Vivek-Bharathy,
I keep 32 and 30 psi as mentioned. Nobody has complained about the bouncy rear. But, maybe, I have not asked specifically!
My two bits: try slightly lower pressure in the back, but check it more often or else you will have a side wall failure on the tyres!

Girish Mahajan
Old 11th July 2016, 16:21   #1717
BHPian

Got my car back after the first month / 1,000 km check up and I was surprised to note:

1. The noise from the left dash seems to have increased AFTER the service
2. There is a squeaking noise coming from the clutch when it is fully pressed.

Will take it back to Honda and update you on these.
Old 11th July 2016, 16:23   #1718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyFunk View Post
Took delivery of my V CVT yesterday. I personally love the burnt orange colour and feel its a nice refreshing change to the normal colours. Anyone looking to get the Jazz in orange should remember that its a non metallic colour and should be charged the same as tafetta white - inspite of what showrooms/ sales advisor's claim.

Also recommend the armrest very highly. This is from aliexpress, costs about 36 USD delivered. The fit, finish and quality of the product is excellent.
Can you please help me with a reliable link for this product on Aliexpress? I tried few but didn't inspire much confidence in me to go ahead with them.

Thanks in advance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy View Post
Dear friends,
Jazz is bouncy on less than perfect roads and no doubt about it. I have experienced this when I was on rear seat and my brother on pilot seat on Mumbai-Pune expressway. This road is a concrete road with very few smooth patches and lots of imperfect laid stretches giving rough edge to ride, Jazz was dancing around on this road but the moment it hit the well laid asphalt/tar roads it was completely different experience. May be a better softer compound tyre with wider section can help in lower this bounciness.
Old 15th July 2016, 17:00   #1719
BHPian

An update on Honda Jazz which I have been using for the past 1 year.
Bought the Jazz CVT S in August last year and since then its doing its job well. Though have put in only moderate kms. The present odometer reading being- 12000kms. The average fuel efficiency that I got is around 12.5kms/ltr. No major hiccups.
The downside, a lot of rattling sounds here and there, had been driving a Polo earlier and must say Polo feels much safer and grounded on the road, But its just heavy on the pockets.

As soon as I bought the Jazz I had upgraded the tyres to 205/R16/50, and since then its doing its job well.Being a Honda, have not faced any service issue till date.

The Jazz is very light and really gets me worried when I reach three digit figures on the speedo. And being an auto makes me really think will it stop in case I have to jam the brakes. But it really is a fun to drive around specially in traffic.

Have always been a fan of Honda reliability and I must say this car is here to stay.
wheelz is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th July 2016, 10:56   #1720
BHPian

Any DIY type solutions to get some paint touch ups? Some guy scratched against my front bumper mid traffic :( Got some colour scuffed off.
Old 17th July 2016, 23:23   #1721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Any DIY type solutions to get some paint touch ups? Some guy scratched against my front bumper mid traffic :( Got some colour scuffed off.
Try a bit of motomax rubbing compound on the scratch if it is a minor one. I have repeatedly used this on my car's bumpers and side mirrors for getting rid of minor scuffs.
It works if the scratch isn't very deep into the paint.
You can buy it here - http://www.amazon.in/Motomax-Car-Rub...a-36f71b21d98c
Old 18th July 2016, 09:57   #1722
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelz View Post
The downside, a lot of rattling sounds here and there, had been driving a Polo earlier and must say Polo feels much safer and grounded on the road, But its just heavy on the pockets.

As soon as I bought the Jazz I had upgraded the tyres to 205/R16/50, and since then its doing its job well.Being a Honda, have not faced any service issue till date.

The Jazz is very light and really gets me worried when I reach three digit figures on the speedo.
I agree to your rattling statement. I have completed 5000 kms and there is rattle already from dashboard and rear number plate area.

Polo has lesser service intervals whereas Jazz has frequent service intervals, I am yet to visit for next servicing. If possible,can you please tell me compared to Polo, how cost effective is Jazz in terms of regular servicing.

Again, I agree to your high speed behavior of Jazz. 205's don't help Jazz in making it better at high speeds ? I am planning to upgrade tyres but only after final free servicing, I am looking at 185/60 R15 (International lower variant spec) and 195/60 R15. Can you please share your thoughts on difference in behavior after upgrade?

Team-bhp review specifically mentions, i-vtec has very light feel compared to i-dtec. I believe this factor also doesn't helps to inspire much confidence at highways speeds. I have Esteem with HPS and I can certainly feel the difference at high speeds.

Nothing against Jazz, it is a very competent city/family car but an average highway car IMHO.
Old 18th July 2016, 10:58   #1723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post
I agree to your rattling statement. I have completed 5000 kms and there is rattle already from dashboard and rear number plate area.
Dash board rattle needs a detailed check to find the source. For number plate rattle, stick 2 small pieces of double sided tape between plate and body.

Last edited by Latheesh : 18th July 2016 at 10:58. Reason: typo
Latheesh is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 11:51   #1724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post

Team-bhp review specifically mentions, i-vtec has very light feel compared to i-dtec. I believe this factor also doesn't helps to inspire much confidence at highways speeds. I have Esteem with HPS and I can certainly feel the difference at high speeds.

Nothing against Jazz, it is a very competent city/family car but an average highway car IMHO.

Hi Varun,

Well regarding the tyre upgrade, it does feel a bit more safe, as the are of contact increases and you feel more confident while handling a curve, it also helps in braking. Tyre upgrades are a must for me. The stock tries are more bumpy, but they do last long. Now that you have used the tyres for a while, i don't think you'll get much for the old tyres. And if you are upgrading please upgrade to atleast 195.

Regarding the cost of service, I must say I Honestly don't remember the figures but it was like 3-3.5k for the 6 month(10k Km) service. I had asked the service guys to check for the rattling sound at the 1st service itself, the answer that I got was, its an inherent feature of all Jazz models.

As Latheesh rightly pointed out your problem the number plates rattling will get solved once you use the double sided tapes to stick them properly.

All said and done, I still like Jazz a lot, It's a nice family car, really spacious, and perfect for a city drive.
wheelz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 13:31   #1725
BHPian

I don't know if it has to do with my and my father's driving style, but we feel the Jazz is a better highway car than a city car. Due to the very low low-end torque, it takes time to get going from standstill in city traffic. While others like Altos, Indicas, i20s zoom past you in traffic, the Jazz takes its own sweet time to catch up. Also need frequent gear shifts in city. While in highways, the car rides like an aeroplane (on good roads). No vibrations, no swinging right and left. Just slot it in 5th and have a relaxing drive. We haven't pushed it beyond 100kmph and so don't really know if the Jazz will be less confidence inspiring at higher speeds.
TD_GHY is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks