Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2017, 13:48   #2026
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Jeremy's review should definitely be taken into account.
The lackluster engine is a harsh reality. The petrol engine doesn't do much without being revved really hard.
I am absolutely in love with the engine refinement. No doubt Honda has done a top-notch job there(He did skip this bit). But they have sacrificed a lot of performance for the sake of fuel economy figures.
And I disagree on the looks. Jazz looks fantastic. It always has.
Clarkson may be pointlessly belligerent about cars most times, but he does have a point here.
Old 15th February 2017, 14:15   #2027
BHPian

Are the seatcovers from honda worth it or should i get it done outside ?

Am planning to book the CVT this week , just confused about the color and if any accessories to pick up
Old 15th February 2017, 14:20   #2028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
Are the seatcovers from honda worth it or should i get it done outside ?

Am planning to book the CVT this week , just confused about the color and if any accessories to pick up

Dont opt for the seat covers from Honda, unless they give it free. There is an amazing shop in Ministers road who does this for less than 50% of what Honda quotes. The place is located on the opp road of Ohri's Coca cola world. Try and get as many accessories for free while pitching.
venkikewl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2017, 14:43   #2029
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkikewl View Post
Dont opt for the seat covers from Honda, unless they give it free. There is an amazing shop in Ministers road who does this for less than 50% of what Honda quotes. The place is located on the opp road of Ohri's Coca cola world. Try and get as many accessories for free while pitching.
I think I might swing it for free , if its not good , maybe i could ask for something else?
Old 18th February 2017, 18:00   #2030
BHPian

In City 2017, Honda replaced 6.2 inch AVN with a new 7 inch AVN which it calls the Digipad. It is expected to be seen in the top variant of WR-V too.

While Jazz facelift could be expected in 2018, I am hoping Honda would offer Digipad soon in the VX variant of Jazz and also launch VX-CVT variant this year itself.

Expecting following upgrade from Honda in the current Jazz
- 7" AVN
- Push Start / Stop button
- Projector headlamps
- Keyless entry
- LED DRLs
- CVT in the top variant
- 60:40 bench in V variant if not Magic seats

Honda Jazz : Official Review-digipad.jpg
damager21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 10:09   #2031
BHPian

Hello Fellow BHPians,
Last week I just sold my wife's daily drive for the last 5 years ... our Candy White Volkswagen Vento 1.5 TDI Manual transmission and the search for a Auto transmission car began !

I would like to mention that this is not a full comprehensive review I would like to pen down here but just a few of the finer points which might help someone in making a decision between the only 2 available models ... S CVT and V CVT.

We already have lovely reviews from our fellow BHPian's and the Utterly knowledgeable Moderators for the top end V CVT models , so I will basically stress on only the difference I have spotted in the total 92 kms driven from delivery date (day before yesterday) and I've not spent a lot of time with the car as yet.

The main difference's I've seen are as below which cannot be seen in the brochure and not listed anywhere I've tried to find them ::

1) Slightly Smaller display Integrated Audio. (Photo Attached)
2) CVT Transmission "L" mode in S Model. (Photo Attached)
3) No Digital Touch A.C. (Photo Attached)
4) Basic Instrument Cluster without the fancy ambient rings. (Photo Attached)
5) No Paddle shifter.

The showroom people also don't display the lower models so I hope this helps in assisting people to decide if they want to save about a lakh of rupees or spend the lakh and get the V CVT model.

Also attached are pics of the original Jazz Black fabric upholstery installed and the original matts from the Jazz Original Accessories booklet.

Cheers,

MacGuy555.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20170215wa0032.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170215_102238.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170215_102259.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170215_102007.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170215_102017.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170215_102103.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170215_102117.jpg  

mac_guy555 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 10:10   #2032
BHPian

INITIAL REVIEW : 100km update & observations , Our 1st ever HONDA , 1st Automatic Car & 1st Silver colour Car.

1.) Why I considered and bought a Jazz S CVT ?
Primarily because with 2 kids and almost daily ferrying to school for carpool and classes and really heavy traffic it made sense to buy a Automatic transmission for her.
Diesel was not a option considered simply because of the lower running & usage. Plus wife has a soft corner for Honda ! Well it was a no brainer ...
Although we did check out the VW Polo TSI but she didn't want a feeling of Deja Vu otherwise I may have taken the plunge and spent 10+ Lakhs on it since it is absolutely a hoot to drive !!!
The Honda City is & was selling at a mouth watering discount and I wanted to spend the extra 1.5-2 lakhs for a City SV CVT but unfortunately as luck would have it , Honda stopped production from November because of the new City launch on Feb 14th and there was not a SINGLE Honda City CVT in any model or any colour available with any of the dealers.
Believe me when I say we tried our level best to find one City CVT car.

2.) Why I bought the S Model and not the V model CVT ?
Simply put, we both felt that the S model pretty much serves her purpose of a daily drive with safety features like Dual Airbags, ABS with EBD, Electrically adjustable mirrors, Keyless Entry with central locking, Height adjustable drivers seat, Eco light on the instrument cluster to keep Her Schumacher instincts under check, Avg. Fuel consumption + Instrument cluster display light dimming, Decent Audio system with 4 speakers, Audio Controls on the steering wheel with Phone pairing in the Audio. I had to add reverse parking sensors even on the V model despite having a reverse camera. We never prefer the beige seats since it gets quite dirty with all sorts of stains with kids in the car, unless you add ART leather which can be clean but on the flip side it gets really uncomfy once the interiors are stifling hot and is not preferred in the hot weather (Her VW Vento experience) , hence opted for the Black Fabric Seat covers from HONDA Original accessories.

3.) Why Alabaster Silver & not another colour ?
Darker colours like the Golden Brown looked lovely till they are nice and squeaky clean but the moment they get dusty & dirty ... yuck! Wife has had enough of Whites so that wasn't even considered. Loved the Urban Titanium but again slightly darker colour and a fairly recent acquisition from a close friend put that off the chart too. Wine Red or Carnelian Red was never preferred.
We never owned a Silver colour car before hence here we are ... Alabaster Silver!

The Alabaster silver was not in stock with any dealer anywhere and had to be ordered from the Rajasthan plant so I immediately put up the booking amount of 11,000/- to confirm the car and get delivery on our anniversary which was 7 days away (Sat / Sun included). I was assured that since the car is to be called from the Rajasthan plant and is also ready as per their H-DOME information (which is like their online info display for cars in stock and under production in plant) we will get it on our anniversary day. So well the wait began, we sold the VENTO with a heavy heart as I've never had any complaints with the car except for a heavy clutch typical of diesel cars. I would like to add that the car had also done just 36,800 kms in 5 years of ownership LOL.

ON-ROAD Price in Dealer price list = 8,56,000/-
Coaxed for a discount and got = 30,000/-
Accessories listed below fitted for = Free
Actual cost paid = 8,26,000/- On-road price with Zero Dep. insurance.

I needed to sell the VENTO TDi so the used car dealer came to our house and check out the car and offered a price which was 3,80,000/- which I knew was lowballing thanks to our used car price checker on TEAM-BHP.

Tried with several other HONDA dealers and ended up getting similar prices so eventually decided to sell it outside to a used car dealer and managed to get 4,40,000/- !!! Geez, I got a feedback call from HONDA today and informed them about this, although I doubt it will make a difference. Hence I suggest all my friends and fellow BHPians to try and sell your cars & bikes other than the showrooms as it will fetch you a better price any day.

POSITIVES ::

1.) Dual Airbags as standard now.
2.) ABS+EBD standard in Diesel and CVT models. Lovely brakes I might add although the thin tyres don't inspire confidence.
3.) Silky smooth and Silent engine.
4.) Excellent CVT transmission for the City & sedate driving. You can hardly feel the gears changing if you have a light right foot.
5.) Super Ultra Light Electric power steering great for city and parking. Wont feel cumbersome at all.
6.) Sports mode holds the lowest Revs @ 3000 rpm and will stretch to the redline in every gear and you will simply wish this car had fatter tyres and a 1.5L i-VTEC from the City !!! Ohh and is it just me or did I feel the suspension stiffening up too
7.) L mode is probably for LOW or LOAD mode to climb steep inclines or crossing water logged streets. This is provided because there are no paddle shifters to manually select gears in the S CVT model.
8.) Immense legroom and feels as big as a sedan ! Maybe we felt it to be slightly more than our Vento !
9.) Decent amount of trunk space for daily usage ... She can put a large size baby stroller too.
10.) Lots and lots of cubby holes and places for the missus to park her stuff ... from bottles, baby sippers to purses and phone and hairbrush LOL
11.) She loves the expandable bottle holder space on the driver side near the AC vent. Nifty storage space and useful !!
12.) Audio headunit has USB + AUX + iPhone/iPod + Phone pairing , calling & just Music Controls on the steering. No need to take your eyes off the road to change tracks or volume. OEM Audio quality is rated at 6/10 and will suffice for most people but certainly not audiophiles of course. Upgrading just the speakers might do the trick and I am seriously considering it. Wife had a 7" touchscreen headunit in the Vento and doesn't miss it in the Jazz as it can be quite distracting. A big no no with "kids on board" !
13.) Height adjustable drivers seat is mandatory with the Jazz since even if she cranks it all the way up you cannot see the sloping hood
and will take some time to get used to in tight parking spots.
14.) Gear Shift position indicator shows on the Instrument cluster. The lever itself has no illumination to show you the gear selected. Odd I feel ?
15.) Power windows lock switch present on the driver side door. Again ... no illumination !
16.) Nice foamed kit to house the tools so there is no clanking metal noise.
17.) Aircon seems to be more powerful than the Vento and my Duster, but we will have to wait for the actual summer to creep in and
judge later.
18.) After driving the CVT I feel it is absolutely the best for daily use and it is JUST SIMPLY convenient. How I wish I could change my Duster manual into a Automatic like just fitting seat covers ... Sigh !! Overall a good decision to buy a CVT over the manual, I am happy for the missus !!

NEGATIVES ::

1.) No basic reverse parking sensors in a vehicle costing 8.5 lakhs on road. I can understand no reverse camera & display.
2.) Beige upholstery in a otherwise black tone dashboard & interior ? All sporty black interior saved for the VX model unavailable in CVT ... Hmmm!!
3.) No ticket holder & more importantly a mirror for the missus to comb her hair ... Yikes, I don't think she has realised this yet
4.) No dual horn ... a single basic beep beep meek horn which can barely be heard by cyclists !! How much would this actually cost any car company ?
5.) Good year Assurance tyres - too slim and actually make more noise than the engine. A must upgrade for the Diesel owners with more power/torque on tap.
6.) Terribly light and zero feedback EPS for highway usage. It's not speed sensitive so maybe fatter rubber shoes will assist in this area.
7.) CVT does not like a heavy foot in D mode. You will see a huge drop in fuel efficiency and also notice the infamous rubber band effect instantly. It takes almost 4-5 seconds for it surge ahead in the right gear. Instead plan your overtaking manoeuvres well in advance or just slot the lever is S and forget about the fuel efficiency and enjoy the spirited driving ! I have noticed in my short stint that it is better to gradually press the accelerator pedal than kick-down which gets you nowhere and confuses both ... the car & you.
8.) No driver side armrest and is only available as a expensive 16000/- Rs. add-on. Of course aftermarket ones are available but the genuine Honda accessory is
9.) Front and rear mudguards available as factory fitted on the VX variant only. Again how much does this cost a car manufacturer ?
10.) Front & back interior lights would have been preferred in the S CVT model.
11.) No backlighting on the power window switches even on the drivers side ?? Aww come on Honda, thats just plain jane cheap, man !! I will take a picture to show what I mean when you simply cannot see which button you activate and have to actually feel for it.
12.) No button to lock/unlock the central locking. You need to use the driver side lock/unlock button to lock all doors. Again, not cool at all, Honda.
13.) Doors open if you pull the inside door open lever even if you've centrally locked the car. I fail to understand why car manufacturers are opting for this kind of system nowadays. It could lead to fatal accidents with kids on board and forgetting to activate the child lock. Even the VW Vento had the same system. Maybe a 2 time lever pull system or something would've been better ?
14.) Spare tyre is a 14" 175/70 as compared to the other 4 which are 15" 175/65 ... Now this may be a problem during fitting wider rubber as you need to match the specs for 15" & 14". Tyre gurus please advise your expert comments and oblige.

ACCESSORIES FITTED ::

Honda genuine black fabric seat covers. (Price= 8500/-)
Reverse parking sensors - Although these are from the Honda genuine accessory brochure there is nothing to write home about. It works no complains there. (Price= 5000/-)
Honda original mats (driver side mat locks in place to avoid sliding) and mudguards. (Price= 3000/-).

I got the accessories for free since they were supposed to deliver the car on our anniversary and the car didn't arrive for another 3 days since there was no Alabaster Silver in stock anywhere and had to be ordered from the Rajasthan plant.

I believe I've listed most of my observations so please feel free to ask me for something I may have missed to assist you.

Cheers,
Mac_Guy555.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170216_093916.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170216_094008.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170215_102146.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170215_102039.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170215_102227.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170215_102133.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170216_135313.jpg  

mac_guy555 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 10:12   #2033
BHPian

Congratulations on your ride buddy.
No offence here but i find the interior too bland in comparison to the otherwise chic exteriors.
And i seriously hate the slider given for air circulation flow and it is certainly present on almost all the Honda cars barring the equipped with ACC ones.
Did you considered any other automatic hatchback while opting for this one ?
Old 21st February 2017, 10:12   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
Congratulations on your ride buddy.
No offence here but i find the interior too bland in comparison to the otherwise chic exteriors.
And i seriously hate the slider given for air circulation flow and it is certainly present on almost all the Honda cars barring the equipped with ACC ones.
Did you considered any other automatic hatchback while opting for this one ?
Thanks a lot !! Yes, I am well aware of the interiors which are bland and not snazzy like the V model and hence the post with JUST the differences between 2 models in the CVT range.

All the showrooms have just the V CVT models on display and you cannot get to check the S model CVT if you want to .... now explaining something to you and seeing it hands on makes a world of difference.

I considered the VW Polo TSI but the price was too steep and also Wife had used a VW Vento since 5 years so didn't want a feeling of Deja Vu again !

The V CVT model is a lakh of rupees dearer at almost 9.5 lakhs on road where I did not see the logic in spending 9.5 large for a 1.2 litre petrol engine. This S model has pretty much everything that we look forward in a car and I don't have to change anything or add anything except a better horn .... the current one is pathetic !!!
Old 21st February 2017, 10:44   #2035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
Honda original mats (driver side mat locks in place to avoid sliding)
Can you please share an image of drive side mat?

I have Honda mats, but I am unable to find the lock on floor.
Old 21st February 2017, 10:53   #2036
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunswnt View Post

are these fabric ones better than the PU ones? .. And about the mats , i was thinking of going for those noodle mats , will they serve the purpose better than the honda mats?

I will be getting mine this weekend
Old 21st February 2017, 11:45   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kippu View Post
are these fabric ones better than the PU ones? .. And about the mats , i was thinking of going for those noodle mats , will they serve the purpose better than the honda mats?
I own VX which comes with black fabric seats, its been 1 year and they still look fresh. I also use vaccum cleaner to get out the dust from seats. Fabric seats get soiled if not cleaned, but they help during summers by not heating up and absorbing moisture from our back during long drives.

I didn't go with noodle mats, all I can say is I am a bit cleanliness freak, so I clean the floor every weekend. During monsoon, I use papers over the mat and replace them regularly till monsoon ends. Noodle mats will certainly reduce this effort.
Old 21st February 2017, 12:21   #2038
BHPian

Quote:

Please find attached the photo for the driver side mat as required. I don't see the locks but the mat is a good fit and does not shift from its place. Sorry about the earlier post.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img20170215wa0023.jpg  

Last edited by mac_guy555 : 21st February 2017 at 12:35. Reason: Error in quote
mac_guy555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 12:27   #2039
BHPian

Quote:
I own VX which comes with black fabric seats, its been 1 year and they still look fresh. I also use vaccum cleaner to get out the dust from seats. Fabric seats get soiled if not cleaned, but they help during summers by not heating up and absorbing moisture from our back during long drives.

I didn't go with noodle mats, all I can say is I am a bit cleanliness freak, so I clean the floor every weekend. During monsoon, I use papers over the mat and replace them regularly till monsoon ends. Noodle mats will certainly reduce this effort.
I won't comment on the noodle mats since I've never used them. These black fabric mats look better aesthetically for sure than the rubber/pu ones though.
Image attached for your reference.

I would also suggest that you go to your local car accessory shop and try out the 3D mats too ... I've had a good experience in my Duster and they are weather proof ... Kids have managed to spill a entire bottle of water on the floor and nothing seeps through to the original factory fitted carpet.

Regarding the seats, exactly the reason why I opted for black fabric seat covers and not the ART leather ones which although being expensive I could've gotten for free !
mac_guy555 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 12:30   #2040
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_guy555 View Post
Please find attached the photo for the driver side mat as required.
Sorry, but can you please raise the mat and show the hooks on floor.

Thanks
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks