Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th April 2017, 02:22   #2086
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Hi folks,

After having briefed about myself in the “Introduce yourself” section, here I am to introduce you all to my love – Alabaster Silver third generation Honda Jazz V MT, christened “Jazzy”.

Honestly, for almost 3 months that I was eagerly waiting for its re-launch on July 8th 2015 at 1:00 pm and it was almost certain that I would be going in for it. So, me along with my mom and dad were at the dealership. Fortunately, my dad had the honour to unveil the beauty by pulling off the red cover. Soon, I was offered to test drive the red license-plate vehicle which had just arrived from the RTO. And as was expected, hardly 2 hours of the launch and I booked my beauty by making a cheque payment of INR 21,000 with delivery scheduled during auspicious festive season of “Navratras”, a couple of months ahead.

During the unveiling, I was a bit disappointed at first for none of the variants did come equipped with beige Magic seats, push button start, daytime running lights(DRLs), driver armrest console, shark fin antenna and UV cut and/or heat absorbing windshield and glasses. Moreover, the three in the showroom and the two test drive vehicles I noticed were wearing MRFs, Good Years and Bridgestones, while none was over the Michelins. Already owning a Honda City ZX with black and grey interiors, beige interiors was a deal breaker for me and so, I decided to compromise on Magic seats and tailgate spoiler to zero in on the V variant. After booking, with brochure and other relevant documents in hand came back home in the evening, and “Honda Jazz: Official Review” was already available now on Team-BHP to let me go further into the nitty-gritties.

At the time of final payment, I requested my sales executive if he could oblige by allocating me a vehicle with Bridgestones, and he did. My vehicle was picked from a secondary stock yard of the same dealer which was about 40km away. Hence, at the time of delivery, the odometer read 46km. This mileage was indeed the cost I paid for 4 x Bridgestone B250 plus an MRF sitting beneath the boot. Nevertheless, I was holding in my hand the printout of Team-BHP pre delivery checklist which came ready and ensured that nothing was missed in a rush, excitement or negligence. The sales executive was wondering as to how organized I was, little was he knowing it was Team-BHP behind the scene.

I myself rolled out my Jazz from the showroom’s delivery area and after filling, visited the place of worship thanking the Almighty. This was followed by taking it to Honda service station for fitment of below genuine accessories:

1. Black fabric floor mats. Cost: 1475/-
2. Gear lock (pin type) and added fitment: 2190/-
3. Seat cover PVC: Horizontal Stitch with Stripes and added fitment. Cost: 7633/-
4. Mud guard and added fitment. Cost: 1812/-
5. Order placed for tailgate spoiler.

Back home late evening, I installed(DIY) the beige armrest console which was ordered online from Hong Kong a month back. Thanks to T-BHPian vprabu for having given a very viable solution to this bare essential. It costed me USD 63 (INR 4410/-). The same evening, I made the car key wear some clothes – a high quality snug fit silicon key fob cover was ordered from ebay at a cost of 299/-. Honestly, a must have for everyone to protect the remote key fob during those slip of hands. Later after a week, went to 3M Car Care for Scotchguard Paint Protection Film on ORVMs, door trims, door handle cups and under the fuel lid area (for those careless attendants at the filling stations who often let the fuel cap hang loose to touch the body paint, instead of clamping it to the inside of lid). Total cost: 3185/-. Placed an order for an ultra-lightweight, soft compound yet durable beige 3D boot mat for USD 33 (INR 2,039). Tailored for Honda Fit, it was delivered in less than three weeks and fitted in very well.
A few days after the 1000km service, the Honda accessories executive rang me up to inform that the tailgate spoiler was now available. Cost of unpainted spoiler: 7370/-, add painting: 1,081/-, add fitment: 350/- and taxes, it costed me INR 10,064/- in total. The colour, fit and finish was all topnotch. Now, my Jazz looked rather smart, but still far from complete. Ordered online some other bare essentials such as:

1. Beige 3D washable floor mats.
2. 3M microfiber cloth.
3. Jopasu car duster.
4. Formula 1 carnauba wax
5. I-POP blind spot mirrors. I have stuck them strategically to ensure they do not interfere with the primary mirror, yet do their job as desired when needed.
6. Tyre pressure monitor valve caps which change colours (between green, yellow and red) to indicate the tyre pressure range.
7. 2 pairs of beige seat back hooks which have really been useful during the long road trips.
8. 16GB micro pen drive (for music and wallpapers) which barely sticks out of the USB port down the upholstery, thus allowing the lid flap to close and conceal it leaving a neat look.

However, last year I managed to do a small DIY replacing the OEM whip type FM antenna with a shark fin without any compromise on the received signal strength. The shark fin antenna houses a copper core circuitry inside which, in functionality is analogous to a whip type antenna. It was procured online from Hong Kong barely for INR 485/-. Post installation, I have no single reason to complain till date. Even the silver colour matches almost 95% to Honda’s Alabaster Silver.

Lastly, the dummy daytime running light slots provided by Honda have always been an eye sour. Last month rather rendered those dummy slots redundant when I managed to install International OEM replacement daytime running lights. For several months, searched on the Internet for markets in Hong Kong, Malaysia, Singapore and Thailand along with local market visits in Delhi and Gurgaon for reliable products and satisfactory workmanship. Finally, zeroed in on a supplier in Karol Bagh, New Delhi who took about two months but managed to source me the right product with 1 year warranty. These are 6500K colour temperature daytime running lights. Each cluster comprises of 4 x 1watt LEDs which collectively make it a nominal 8 watt affair on the go. With a rated lifespan of 50,000 hours, when a turn signal is triggered, the that side DRL blinks amber in sync with the turn indicator, while the other side DRL maintains its continuous uninterrupted 6500K colour. The lights directly mount on the car chassis (thanks to Honda for having provisioned the required cuts and screw holes, no modification was needed), but require removing the front bumper to run along the supplied wiring. The connection is fairly simple, wherein a spade connector is made to connect directly to ignition. Besides, there is another connection made to the indicator lamp on either sides using a wire-tap. There is a vibration sensitive relay switch which automatically turns these lights on after a delay of about 1 second upon cranking the engine. Similarly, when the engine stops, these automatically go off after a lag of 2 seconds. Whenever the car is locked or unlocked using the remote, these daytime running lights blink amber along and then turn solid on at 6500K for 3 seconds before going off. These lights have made my Jazz look bold besides adding to style, safety and further making the vehicle contemporary.

Upon making it to Team-BHP, I have set Team-BHP official wallpaper on the 5 inch head unit of the audio system. Thanks to moderator GTO for having shared it way back in Jan 2006, which I could use as a base to craft an 854x480 resolution picture to make it compatible. It looks uber cool. What next? Just today evening, received my Team-BHP car stickers, assorted key chain set and red coffee mug. That has already set my day and mood for tomorrow! Thanks.
Nohonking is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 07:12   #2087
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
Hi folks,

After having briefed about myself in the “Introduce yourself” section, here I am to introduce you all to my love – Alabaster Silver third generation Honda Jazz V MT, christened “Jazzy”.
Woah! Such a lot of goodies in your post. Nice job. Could you please post pics of everything you've mentioned in your post.
BenjiRoss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 18:18   #2088
BHPian

Has anyone got the firmware of the AVN system of Jazz VX updated? Here in Pride Honda service center in hyderabad, they say they have never done it before and don't know how to do it.

Has anyone ever had any freezing issues with the AVN system in Jazz when navigation is on for an hour or so?
Old 8th April 2017, 17:46   #2089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiRoss View Post
Woah! Such a lot of goodies in your post. Nice job. Could you please post pics of everything you've mentioned in your post.
Thanks very much BenjiRoss for the kind words. Here below are some pictures to speak about:

Spoiler and shark fin antenna, viewed from multiple angles.
The daytime running lights(DRLs) with indicator function.
Team-BHP stickers, which I deserve, for now I am here.
Blind spot mirrors. Notice their position of installation, such that they do not interfere with the ORVM view, yet do their job well.
Smart tyre pressure monitor valve caps.
Interiors including beige seat covers, beige armrest console, gear lock, 3D floor mats (front pair fits in snugly, rear is okay though), 3D boot mat for Honda Fit but fits very well in Jazz (notice its soft, flexible and imprinted texture), beige seat-back hooks, beige tissue dispenser, premium silicon key fob cover, micro pen drive and static electric sun shades (stop 97% UV and 68.2% infra red or heat) which I put on while leaving it parked under the sun or on the long trips.
Lastly, the T-BHP wallpaper on the ICE unit and a note to MODs. Since I have modified the original wallpaper (for laptop/desktop), if this goes against the copyright, please advise and I will immediately remove it from there and delete any/all copies of it stored anywhere.

PS: I couldn't find the option to include the photographs within the text body, that I could insert the picture at a particular position to individually explain better, hence clubbing them all to appear after the text. Please bear with it. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-drl.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-drl-indicator.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-drl-closeup.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-drl-indicator-2.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-driven-tbhp.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-blind-spot-mirror-1.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-blind-spot-mirror-3.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-blind-spot-mirror-4.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-3d-mats-armrest.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-3d-mats-rear-seat-cover-hooks.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-seat-hooks.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-boot-mat-full.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-boot-mat-perfect-fit.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-boot-mat-fit.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-boot-mat-flexible-compound.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-tissue-dispensor.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-tpmv.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-tyre-pressure-monitor-valve.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-keychain-pendrive.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-micro-pendrive.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-static-electric-sunshades.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-tbhp-wallpaper-1.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-tbhp-wallpaper-2.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-spoiler-fin.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-spoiler-shark-fin.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-spoiler-shark-fin-master-pic.jpg  

Nohonking is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 10th April 2017, 14:25   #2090
BHPian

Anyone got S CVT delivered recently? My brother recently booked an S CVT but the dealer says that no cars are available in the factory and is forcing me to upgrade to V CVT. Spending 1L for no major features required in a secondary car (also getting a new creta vtvt AT). Got this answer from Sterling Honda, Dilshad garden. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11th April 2017, 11:16   #2091
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToyotaFan View Post
Anyone got S CVT delivered recently? My brother recently booked an S CVT but the dealer says that no cars are available in the factory and is forcing me to upgrade to V CVT. Spending 1L for no major features required in a secondary car (also getting a new creta vtvt AT).
I booked S CVT in February 2017 and took delivery 2 weeks back. Dealers are lying. Call Honda customer care and enquire with them directly. There is no need to spend 1 lakh more on V cvt and I don't feel Jazz is a worthy investment for 10 lakhs ( as it has only 2 airbags ) . Even I had booked V cvt and later after reading mac_guy's review I downgraded to S cvt

In 2017 , Honda upgraded S cvt with abs , 2 airbags and 15 inch tyres . Only missing/different features compared to V cvt are alloys, paddle shifters, speedometer console, rear wiper, fog lamps . I found only rear wiper was important from the missing features

You can message me if you need more details .

Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 12:20   #2092

For my Jazz V cvt, first service was done and the bill amount was zero.
No issues with the car to report at the time of first service.
Went for a one day trip to Mysore from Bangalore last weekend with the family.
We did not go above 90kmph and most of the time it was 60 kmph.
For the over all trip the average mileage is 17kmpl. This includes the roaming around in the Mysore city. We visited Mysore palace, Zoo and Brindavan Gardens.
I am happy with the driving experience and the mileage.
Looking forward for more road trips.
sreey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 14:12   #2093
BHPian

I want to purchase fabric black seat covers for my jazz VMT from Honda. They are quoting Rs. 6300. Is this the right price ? I saw somewhere on internet that they are for 5750. Anyone has recently purchased it from Honda showroom ?
Old 11th April 2017, 18:21   #2094
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaybakshi View Post
I want to purchase fabric black seat covers for my jazz VMT from Honda. They are quoting Rs. 6300. Is this the right price ? I saw somewhere on internet that they are for 5750. Anyone has recently purchased it from Honda showroom ?
Hi Abhaybakshi,

Well, I just checked the Honda accessories catalogue and the only black fabric seat covers I could find are "KIT Seat Cover Fabric: Jacquard Black with Blue Stripes" (part no. 08P32T5S710A). So, although I didn't buy these and assuming that I have correctly identified the seat covers which you are referring to, the pricelist provided by my dealer(Gurgaon, Haryana) in Oct 2015 states INR 5440 (including fitment charge and taxes).

Based upon this, you may expect the current price floating around INR 5750, although, there will be differences in taxes pertinent to state (Maharashtra being more than Haryana). Check out with other dealers around you and buy which gives you the best price. Hope this helps. Thanks and happy driving!
Nohonking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 20:04   #2095
Senior - BHPian

Took my in laws Jazz for the second time on a highway trip from Mumbai to Nashik and back. At almost 10k km on the ODO (we crossed the 10k mark on this trip) the engine did feel better than the previous time I drove it when it was new, although weak lower end was still present, I was prepared for it this time so it was alright. The clutch had become pretty hard and spongy though at 10k which made it a pain in traffic. Anyone else with the same experience ? I think the Jazz clutch is hydraulic so can anything minor be done to make it better ?
Old 12th April 2017, 13:10   #2096
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks very much BenjiRoss for the kind words. Here below are some pictures to speak about:

Spoiler and shark fin antenna, viewed from multiple angles.
The daytime running lights(DRLs) with indicator function.
Team-BHP stickers, which I deserve, for now I am here.
Blind spot mirrors. Notice their position of installation, such that they do not interfere with the ORVM view, yet do their job well.
Smart tyre pressure monitor valve caps.
Interiors including beige seat covers, beige armrest console, gear lock, 3D floor mats (front pair fits in snugly, rear is okay though), 3D boot mat for Honda Fit but fits very well in Jazz (notice its soft, flexible and imprinted texture), beige seat-back hooks, beige tissue dispenser, premium silicon key fob cover, micro pen drive and static electric sun shades (stop 97% UV and 68.2% infra red or heat) which I put on while leaving it parked under the sun or on the long trips.
Lastly, the T-BHP wallpaper on the ICE unit and a note to MODs. Since I have modified the original wallpaper (for laptop/desktop), if this goes against the copyright, please advise and I will immediately remove it from there and delete any/all copies of it stored anywhere.

PS: I couldn't find the option to include the photographs within the text body, that I could insert the picture at a particular position to individually explain better, hence clubbing them all to appear after the text. Please bear with it. Thanks.
Can you post the links for the tyre pressure caps please? Looks like a clever add-on.
Also, do the DRLs not affect warranty? Does it not count against electric modification?
How exactly do the "static electric sun shades" work? Can you please post a link for that as well?
The modifications are pretty nice and look OEM. Nice work on that.
ashishk29 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 21:12   #2097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Can you post the links for the tyre pressure caps please? Looks like a clever add-on.
Also, do the DRLs not affect warranty? Does it not count against electric modification?
How exactly do the "static electric sun shades" work? Can you please post a link for that as well?
The modifications are pretty nice and look OEM. Nice work on that.
Hi ashishk29. Thank you for the appreciation and for coming up with queries.

The tyre pressure valve caps are easily available on amazon or ebay. Here below is a link for reference. Before placing the order, please check with the seller that you are looking for a set with 2.2 bar specification.

http://www.amazon.in/Gadget-Heros-Pr.../dp/B00SYLPQBA

Coming to the warranty aspect of daytime running lights(DRLs):

- These are true international OEM replacement DRLs sold in Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore etc. where the RS variant comes equipped with OEM DRLs and lower variant owners can opt for these. Meaning, all the specifications match with those of Honda OEM DRLs and they are safe for this car.

- Installing them, do not need any modifications to be made on the car. Notice that the chassis is already provisioned for DRL seating and screw holes. The DRL is first mounted on the chassis and then the supplied fog lamp cover is fitted over.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-chassis-slot-screw-holes.jpg

The removed OEM fog lamp covers are lying as it is with me at home. Can be installed back anytime if needed.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-oem-fog-lamp-cover.jpg

- The DRLs came along their own wiring, that is no additional load on the existing wiring = safe. No tempering with the existing wiring = safe + warranty

- These also come along with a vibration sensing automatic relay switch, so no need to install any manual switch on the dash. This relay is simply tied using a plastic tie to let it vibrate as the engine is cranked. No modification = no issues emerging with warranty.

- The installation needs a direct connection to ignition with the help of a spade connector by simply loosening, inserting the spade connector and tightening it again. Another connection is needed to the indicator lamps with tap connectors. Both the connections can be safely removed if needed. In nutshell, no tampering anywhere.

- Lastly, these DRLs have manufacturer's warranty of 12 months and my car's warranty is going to expire in next 6 months (I haven't opted for an extended warranty)

Now coming to static electric sunshades, these get stick on the window pane utilizing the scientific principles of static electricity and atmospheric pressure to absorb on the glass. I am using them since about 16 months now and they are as good to stick and remove as were on the first day. The stronger the sun, the more their tendency to stick and absorb. Just ensure there isn't any dust on it. Put it on the window glass and press it starting from center to move outwards and you are done. Upon removing, you get a minor electric shock since the stored static electric charge now flows down your body. I am always prepared for this.

Couldn't find the exact product now with the seller from whom I had ordered, but could find the same product with all the 4 ovals on ebay with anther seller. Please have a look:

http://www.ebay.in/itm/4pcs-Oval-Ele...4AAOSwImRYSAVz

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Last edited by Nohonking : 12th April 2017 at 21:22.
Old 13th April 2017, 11:13   #2098

Quote:
beige armrest console, 3D boot mat for Honda Fit but fits very well in Jazz (notice its soft, flexible and imprinted texture)
Thanks for sharing the pics. Could you please share the links for the site from where you got the armrest console and the boot mat. I found the some boot mats on Aliexpress, but they are all black coloured. I want the beige ones as they look way better.
Old 13th April 2017, 13:50   #2099
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by singhal.kul View Post
Thanks for sharing the pics. Could you please share the links for the site from where you got the armrest console and the boot mat. I found the some boot mats on Aliexpress, but they are all black coloured. I want the beige ones as they look way better.
Hi singhal.kul,

Here you go with the product online URL links from where I had bought them.

Beige armrest console:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/For-...608.0.0.8juazt

Beige boot mat:

PS: I bought both (armrest console and boot mat) from the same seller, so when I ordered the boot mat, being a repeating customer, the seller offered me a additional USD 3 discount on the then prevailing price. The seller is based out of Hong Kong and hence products were shipped via Hong Kong Post. Delivery time: around 3 weeks.

Thanks.

Last edited by Nohonking : 13th April 2017 at 13:58.
Nohonking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 16:06   #2100
BHPian

Quote:
Hi singhal.kul,

Here you go with the product online URL links from where I had bought them.

Beige armrest console:

Beige boot mat:

PS: I bought both (armrest console and boot mat) from the same seller, so when I ordered the boot mat, being a repeating customer, the seller offered me a additional USD 3 discount on the then prevailing price. The seller is based out of Hong Kong and hence products were shipped via Hong Kong Post. Delivery time: around 3 weeks.

Thanks.
Can you also share the link for the DRLs as well? Those look very interesting(and tempting). I'm being tempted to put my extended warranty in jeopardy for those

Most Viewed