Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2017, 19:00   #2116
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
Dear Nohonking,

It looks like it is my day for agreeing! Even I have found the displayed FE to be just slightly more than the tank-to-tank. Sometimes I think it may be that the pumps are filling that much less!!

I have found the optimum FE to be around 80~100 kmph using gentle pickup and gentle braking.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
Dear GK sir,

Thanks for agreeing on the coherent findings. Coming to the doubt on petrol stations playing foul, let me tell you that unless I am outstationed on a long road trip, for both my Honda cars I have been sticking to HPCL self owned retailing station. So I am pretty much sure of both quality and quantity being fed in. Besides, the other good that I get from this company owned filling station is that the staff is ultra courteous, they welcome and greet me, are well versed and show all the etiquette (like clipping up the fuel cap than letting it hang loose to scratch the paint surface and staying patient), provide a genuine bill without demanding for one and even complementarily wipe the windshields if found dirty. Overall, it adds up to that feel good factor.

As a matter of fact all imported vehicles of embassies and diplomats come to this filling station only to gas up their tanks.

B'Regards,
Simmi

Last edited by Nohonking : 24th April 2017 at 19:06.
Nohonking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2017, 09:35   #2117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nohonking View Post
Dear GK sir,

Thanks for agreeing on the coherent findings. Coming to the doubt on petrol stations playing foul, let me tell you that unless I am outstationed on a long road trip, for both my Honda cars I have been sticking to HPCL self owned retailing station. So I am pretty much sure of both quality and quantity being fed in. Besides, the other good that I get from this company owned filling station is that the staff is ultra courteous, they welcome and greet me, are well versed and show all the etiquette (like clipping up the fuel cap than letting it hang loose to scratch the paint surface and staying patient), provide a genuine bill without demanding for one and even complementarily wipe the windshields if found dirty. Overall, it adds up to that feel good factor.

As a matter of fact all imported vehicles of embassies and diplomats come to this filling station only to gas up their tanks.

B'Regards,
Simmi
Dear Nohonking,

Just like you, I stick to good well known pumps for both my petrol Jazz and diesel Scorpio.

However, hoping that I am not disappointing you, let me mention a small incident. A few years ago I was travelling by train. In the 2-tier AC, coincidentally, the other 3 persons around me were all petrol pump owners. According to their conversation, it is impossible to make money in petrol or diesel without some form of cheating or other. So some of them are cheating on quantity and some on quality and some (of the worst ones) are cheating on both! According to my personal experiences, I had to do trial and error at various pumps to see which gave me the lowest Rs/km (with best/smoothest driving) rather than the best km/lt. From that I realized that mostly quality of fuel is more important than quantity.

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2017, 10:53   #2118
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Abhaybakshi,

Well, I just checked the Honda accessories catalogue and the only black fabric seat covers I could find are "KIT Seat Cover Fabric: Jacquard Black with Blue Stripes" (part no. 08P32T5S710A). So, although I didn't buy these and assuming that I have correctly identified the seat covers which you are referring to, the pricelist provided by my dealer(Gurgaon, Haryana) in Oct 2015 states INR 5440 (including fitment charge and taxes).

Based upon this, you may expect the current price floating around INR 5750, although, there will be differences in taxes pertinent to state (Maharashtra being more than Haryana). Check out with other dealers around you and buy which gives you the best price. Hope this helps. Thanks and happy driving!
Thank you ! Yes I got the black ones with blue stripes for 5500. Dealer gave me discount of 200 rupees.

I got chrome door handles for my Orchid pearl white Jazz. Costed me 599 rupees on Amazon. It surely gives a more premium look to her. Usually I like to keep my car in her stock profile from outside. But Chrome door handles is something I was eager to buy because chrome looks gorgeous on pure white.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th April 2017 at 09:35. Reason: back to back posts merged
abhaybakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 00:02   #2119
BHPian

Quote:
Hi ashishk29,

Apparently you got it wrong. Please allow me to correct you. INR 3900 includes the fitment charge. Putting it in other words for more clarity for audience:

Cost of DRL: INR 3500
Cost of fitment: INR 400
Total money spent: INR 3900

Thanks.
Hi, you have certainly bumped up the style quotient of Jazz with the subtle mods.
I have a month old Jazz CVT(carnelian red) and would like to procure the DRL's. I'm located in Delhi, do you think the dealer would be willing to get another set of these? If yes, please do share his contact details and any reference I should mention.
And thanks for the post as I have been searching about DRL's and shark fin antenna. Skeptical about the antenna as I'm not able to get a matching color. I have seen some DRL mods which have been done in the headlight assembly but not keen to go that far at this moment. The only upgrade/mod I have done is to change the tires to Michelin Primacy 3ST 195/60/15's.
jaysonline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2017, 23:55   #2120
Mtv
BHPian

Today I brought home my V CVT.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0562.jpeg

It is a very capable city car. Filling in gaps in traffic was pretty much a breeze and barely did I feel the need for more power. Braking is confidence inspiring and NVH levels are low.
It is due for a tire change tomorrow. I am opting for the 195/60 R15 as most of you have recommended.

I would like to thank the owners on this thread for sharing their experiences with their cars and thus helping me make the decision to get the Jazz.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 29th April 2017 at 10:09.
Mtv is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 07:47   #2121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post
Today I brought home my V CVT.
Congratulations dear Mtv on your lovely new car. Wish you miles and miles with smiles. Do you mind sharing the on-road price that you paid in Kolkata?

Between, 195 section tyres will further boost the confidence and ride quality, with a little compromise in FE though. Which make of 195s are you going to make her wear today? Also, do share the exchange price and pictures of your car(straight of course, so that we do not have to turn our laptops to view them) wearing wider shoes. Thanks and congratulations again!

Cheers,
Simmi

Last edited by Nohonking : 29th April 2017 at 07:51.
Nohonking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 09:45   #2122
Mtv
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations dear Mtv on your lovely new car. Wish you miles and miles with smiles. Do you mind sharing the on-road price that you paid in Kolkata?

Between, 195 section tyres will further boost the confidence and ride quality, with a little compromise in FE though. Which make of 195s are you going to make her wear today? Also, do share the exchange price and pictures of your car(straight of course, so that we do not have to turn our laptops to view them) wearing wider shoes. Thanks and congratulations again!

Cheers,
Simmi
Thank you so much Simmi

OTR was about 9.30 on road after a small dealer discount.

I am considering Michelin ST and XM2 going by what most owners have suggested. Should I consider another brand? The car will be driven in the city only and hence low speed ride comfort is my only concern.

Sorry about the image, I posted from my phone and it turned out that way

Request to mods: please rotate
Mtv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 11:22   #2123
BHPian

Here are my chrome handles on my jazz
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170425_174820.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20170429112007.png  

abhaybakshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 17:21   #2124
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtv View Post

I am considering Michelin ST and XM2 going by what most owners have suggested. Should I consider another brand? The car will be driven in the city only and hence low speed ride comfort is my only concern.
I'm too from Kolkata but have been living in Delhi for some time now. Congrats on the new buy. I think you should go with ST(Silence Tuned) as per the requirement you have. I exchanged my GY tires for Rs. 13k for 3ST's when the odometer was reading about 25km. The XM2's are about 500-700 rupees/tyre less from what I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaybakshi View Post
Here are my chrome handles on my jazz
Abhay, the chrome handles looks great on this color of the car.
Old 1st May 2017, 15:08   #2125
BHPian

Dear all,
I have a Honda Jazz 2016 model and i am dissatisfied with the service offered by Magnum Honda. Can some one suggest me a better service center in Bangalore.

regards,
Vivek S
Old 2nd May 2017, 12:10   #2126
BHPian

I had been to Panvel last week and enroute due to some road construction work, my front bumper and bonnet has been "decorated" with small tar spots. I am thinking of removing it by applying diesel on the exact spots using Johnson earbuds. Will it be harmful to the paint (White) ? If yes, any safer method to remove tar spots without damaging the top coat of paint ?
Old 2nd May 2017, 22:13   #2127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy View Post
Dear all,
I have a Honda Jazz 2016 model and i am dissatisfied with the service offered by Magnum Honda. Can some one suggest me a better service center in Bangalore.

regards,
Vivek S
Hi Vivek - I service my Jazz VX at Dakshin Honda, Magrath Road, Bangalore and never had any problems at this place. The biggest advantage is at any point in time during weekday, there is hardly any rush here. Though the SA's will try to fool a customer by adding unnecessary items during service, you can easily get it removed. I would strongly suggest you to try out this place for your next service, as the quality of service is pretty good.

Thanks,
Vijay
vijjuvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 22:44   #2128
BHPian

Got it wrapped a few days ago.
Attached Images

CA Dhruv is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2017, 11:48   #2129
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post
That's a pretty nice finishing! Looks nice
Old 3rd May 2017, 15:52   #2130
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Dhruv View Post

Nicely done and a brilliant colour choice too.

Just a query-what about the authorities?? Is this kinda wrapping legal ?? I'm planning to get my car wrapped too....

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed