Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2017, 16:19   #2146
BHPian

Mod Note : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further. Request to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by SDP : 7th July 2017 at 21:25. Reason: please see inline. A simple click on thanks button would have sufficed
Old 20th June 2017, 15:39   #2147
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Switching from 6 my year old diesel workhorse "Tata Manza" that went on for 78k to Jazz since I don't need a big or diesel car anymore.

Got delivery of my "Golden Brown Metallic" petrol V-MT yesterday from Crystal Honda, Bavdhan, Pune.

Posting a solitary pic here and hoping I would be disciplined enough to maintain a thread of my own seriously.

I could never understand car colors naming. "Golden Brown Metallic" has neither gold nor brown but the fact is I loved the moment I saw it.

Have hardly run it for 50Km, will be taking it to Mumbai from Pune over weekend and that's going to be a challenge considering I used to enjoy the turbo surge on expressway.

That's it for now.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20170619_115136_cut.jpg  

umeshd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 14:06   #2148
BHPian

A friend is buying an entry level hatchback, and since he can't drive I've been doing the test-drive job for him.
Tried out Tigor, Polo, Etios, Figo(all petrols).
Am I tooooo accustomed to the refinement levels in my Jazz? Because at this point all other cars are starting to sound like diesels even if they are petrol
Just today, with the Polo, after about 5 minutes of driving I again asked the service rep if it was a petrol or a diesel.
But jokes aside, after driving all of those cars, I keep marveling at the refinement levels that Honda has managed to achieve! I can barely hear the engine most days. Unless I decide to just thrash it for speed, it's silent as a.... Honda?

Last edited by ashishk29 : 22nd June 2017 at 14:07.
ashishk29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2017, 15:02   #2149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
A friend is buying an entry level hatchback, and since he can't drive I've been doing the test-drive job for him.
Tried out Tigor, Polo, Etios, Figo(all petrols).
Polo is not an 'entry level hatchback!'
Old 22nd June 2017, 15:16   #2150
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meetgds View Post
I'm aware, I should've maybe mentioned it separately. Typed it in a bit of a haze. But the non-highline variants of polo are pretty basic.
Old 27th June 2017, 15:16   #2151
BHPian

Quote:
barring price, i think you should drive the polo GT if it's sheer refinement you are comparing
Honda will seem noisy..
Old 27th June 2017, 15:42   #2152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
barring price, i think you should drive the polo GT if it's sheer refinement you are comparing
Honda will seem noisy..
That's news for me because I once drove my cousins Polo petrol(not the GT though), and it almost got me thinking that it was a diesel. The refinement level was not good at all. It might be because it was an old model.
meetgds is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2017, 16:46   #2153
BANNED

Quote:
That's news for me because I once drove my cousins Polo petrol(not the GT though), and it almost got me thinking that it was a diesel. The refinement level was not good at all. It might be because it was an old model.
I believe the non GT one is the 3 pot engine, excessive vibration and noise is expected behavior.

Anyway, coming back to Jazz, the proper comparison should have been with Polo GT and not the regular Polo petrol.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 15:21   #2154
BHPian

Quote:
This was exactly what I felt in the Polo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetrolRider View Post
I believe the non GT one is the 3 pot engine, excessive vibration and noise is expected behavior.

Anyway, coming back to Jazz, the proper comparison should have been with Polo GT and not the regular Polo petrol.
Must try out the GT then.
Old 7th July 2017, 16:03   #2155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by umeshd View Post
Posting a solitary pic here and hoping I would be disciplined enough to maintain a thread of my own seriously.

I could never understand car colors naming. "Golden Brown Metallic" has neither gold nor brown but the fact is I loved the moment I saw it.
Congratulations on your new car. How was the highway drive? Please do keep giving your updates here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashishk29 View Post
Am I tooooo accustomed to the refinement levels in my Jazz? Because at this point all other cars are starting to sound like diesels even if they are petrol
Just today, with the Polo, after about 5 minutes of driving I again asked the service rep if it was a petrol or a diesel.
The Polo 3 pot 1.2 definitely sounds like a diesel. I saw one of my neighbors park his car in my building parking lot, and I kept looking at the "Petrol" sticker on the fuel flap again and again - because my mind could not believe that its a petrol.

Quote:
True, but its excessive compared to other 3 cyls.

Quote:
Why compare the Jazz with Polo GT (TSI I assume, since we are discussing Petrols here)? Polo GT TSI being a turbo-petrol with DSG has much higher power and torque compared to the 1.2 Jazz. Jazz doesn't even get an Automatic in the top end, forget a different engine. If only there was a 1.5L Petrol or Turbo Petrol Jazz to compare with the Polo GT TSI

Last edited by jetti : 7th July 2017 at 16:12.
jetti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 16:11   #2156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Yeah. Now that you mention it, it kinda is. I found the Tigor 1.2L 3cyl slightly better in that aspect.

Quote:
Why compare the Jazz with Polo GT (TSI I assume, since we are discussing Petrols here)? Polo GT TSI being a turbo-petrol with DSG has much higher power and torque compared to the 1.2 Jazz. Jazz doesn't even get an Automatic in the top end, forget a different engine. If only there was a 1.5L Petrol or Turbo Petrol Jazz to compare with the Polo GT TSI
Yeah that does make sense. Also, GT TSI is a good 11L(almost).
ashishk29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 16:32   #2157
BANNED

Quote:

Honda iVtec is not an old school either, a gem of engine. The refinement definitely better that the 3 pot VW.

The OP wants to compare engine refinement of Jazz and Polo 3 pot on which my above observation was made. Point is when you have polo with either a crude 3 pot or state of art TSI, which one you compare with Honda iVtec for refinement?

I don't want to be pulled into Jazz vs Polo here, I currently own neither. The context of current discussion is neither power or dual clutch automatic technology, it is engine refinement, vibration and sound based on which my above comment was made.
PetrolRider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 16:47   #2158
BHPian

Quote:
The OP wants to compare engine refinement of Jazz and Polo 3 pot on which my above observation was made. Point is when you have polo with either a crude 3 pot or state of art TSI, which one you compare with Honda iVtec for refinement?
Ah, I get it now. You were looking at these from purely refinement perspective. You are right, the iVTEC and 3 Pot are poles apart. Hard to beat refinement of the iVTEC Even I don't own one, yet . But I have travelled in my friends' Jazz and City Petrols many times so, I appreciate the refinement.

Last edited by jetti : 7th July 2017 at 16:48. Reason: grammar
jetti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th July 2017, 20:02   #2159
BHPian

Quote:
Ah, I get it now. You were looking at these from purely refinement perspective. You are right, the iVTEC and 3 Pot are poles apart. Hard to beat refinement of the iVTEC Even I don't own one, yet . But I have travelled in my friends' Jazz and City Petrols many times so, I appreciate the refinement.
I do own a Polo Dec 2016 model and I wont be biased even one bit towards it. For the car that it is, its great but that engine grunt is really hard. Heck, even the swift Diesel doesn't make that much sound. (Swift is 4 pot right ?)
And Jazz ! Its super refined IVtec is just a breeze to drive. Didn't go ahead with it as wifey said nothing less than a VW. So I ended up with Polo and saved some cash in the process

Last edited by skyrocket003 : 7th July 2017 at 20:03. Reason: Just corrected a grammar mistake
skyrocket003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 23:15   #2160
BHPian

Hi folks,

Managed to source a set of JDM spec(Japanese Domestic Market) Honda Genuine Part 58mm alloy wheel hub caps. Yes, Made in Japan.

Priced insanely at INR 2500/- for a set of 4, the quality is top notch for sure. Every single cap when taken in my hand, I could notice the detailing. Letting the pictures speak for rest.

The label on the box.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-jdm-honda-genuine-part.jpg

Notice the glitter under the sun!
Honda Jazz : Official Review-jdm-honda-hub-caps-glitter.jpg

Honda Genuine Part specifications.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-jdm-honda-hub-caps-specific.jpg

Sweet looking.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-jdm-hub-cap-installed.jpg

Another view of looking at the quality.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-jdm-hub-caps-chic.jpg
Nohonking is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed