Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2017, 10:29   #2251
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
The other features of VX like magic seats is quite useful though, if you have lots of luggage etc.
The only things which kept me considering VX were magic seats and black interiors.

The black interiors were covered by optional black seat covers in V and I was forced to give up magic seats by my wife who reminded me that 95% of the time I drive alone with a single bag.
Old 8th September 2017, 12:28   #2252
BHPian

Quote:
Didn't realize the AVN system was this bad. Had to pull out my car to the side once to restart it so that navigation can resume as we were travelling in unfamiliar roads. And its a shame that Honda has no update for it. My son desperately wanted a touch screen system model.

The other features of VX like magic seats is quite useful though, if you have lots of luggage etc.
I think its High time that we all VX owners should write to Honda about it. I feel cheated when we have spent close to 80,000 rs more that the V variant for the AVN. They should upgrade all the Music system to the one that comes in WRV. Not sure of its performance though. We owe an explanation.

Wanted to report an incident from Magnum Honda.

I had raised the same complaint to the dealer that the AVN is always hanging on usage of maps and songs from Pen drive. Instead of listening and taking it seriously, He pointed towards the accessories shop and asked me to replace some other third party music system ( not sure of the brand ) which costs 50,000 rs. I think i looked like a stupid. I thanked and left the showroom.
Old 8th September 2017, 14:20   #2253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy View Post
I think its High time that we all VX owners should write to Honda about it. I feel cheated when we have spent close to 80,000 rs more that the V variant for the AVN. They should upgrade all the Music system to the one that comes in WRV. Not sure of its performance though. We owe an explanation.
I had contacted Honda Cars India on Twitter and a rep had asked me to contact the Honda service center. I had complained to the Pride Honda service center when I dropped my car off for service. They did a test drive for more than an hour but couldn't repro it. Now I realize I had removed the USB drive when I dropped it for service. They asked me to take a video recording on my phone if it happens again and share it with them. Unfortunately when it happened again, I forgot and switched off the car by mistake.

I would be happy if they can just fix the issue. It is critical because if your navigation hangs up at critical time, you can't be expected to stop and restart the engine to fix it.
Old 9th September 2017, 18:30   #2254
BHPian

Dear All,

I like to see my car clean and tidy all the time. Not only the exterior/interior but also below bonnet.

I always have to park my Jazz below the trees in office and the falling leaves and tiny branches always found the way inside the engine compartment through the gap located at the top corners of the bonnet. The same problem was there with my earlier Swift too. I am posting below pics to understand it well. The gap is where the front windshield ends at bottom. This peculiar problem is not a major issue but quite irritating to me. I hate the site of leaves getting in there and after few days they will start to rot because when the car is washed (alternate day) the water also seeps in.

I am thinking of cutting a piece of black sponge and stuff in the gap. I know this is kind of crude and I think it may affect the looks.

"What I ultimately want is some filler to stop any tiny leaves coming in and it should not look bad"
Let the suggestions pour in friends... fire up your neurons. There may be tons of better ideas than mine. Anyone ?
b.t.w Not to park the car below tree is not a solution
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170909_172159.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-20170909_173320.jpg  

Last edited by abhaybakshi : 9th September 2017 at 18:31.
Old 10th September 2017, 00:21   #2255
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaybakshi View Post
Dear All,

.....This peculiar problem is not a major issue but quite irritating to me....
It's not just a cosmetic issue. The debris will slowly clog the drain channel and cause water to leak (during heavy rain or pressure wash) into the cabin via the A/C fresh air inlet.

Consider covering the car, or at least that portion (could use the wipers to hold cover in place).
Old 12th September 2017, 00:07   #2256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
You are getting an excellent deal mate. However, I am only interested in the MT. Also, the 1.5 TDCI in the Figo is a much better engine that the both of them. Better mileage being a bonus.

Congrats on your booking!
Petrol 1.2 in Jazz is a pretty silent engine & Ford 1.5 TDCI do not come close. Some one looking for quieter & spacious cabin would go for Jazz. I have taken short TD of both. Over all Jazz feels better to me. I am little inclined towards Jazz CVT and Polo AT 1.2 TSI. Which car has better ride if any one has closely experienced both.
Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 12:30   #2257
BHPian

Hello all,

Recently my cousin’s car (JAZZ CVT) was given for 1st paid service (20K Kms or 1 year) at Whitefield Motors, Bangalore. The odo reading was only 4950, limited to city driving.

To my surprise, bill was generated for an amount of 9.5K!!

Honda Jazz : Official Review-h1.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-h2.jpg

I’ve highlighted few areas where I found the service/change was not necessary owing to low mileage on odo.

Unfortunately, my cousin agreed for wheel alignment and balancing to the SA, for which it was charged 1807. Should have cost 50% less if done from outside.

Also there was a separate amount of 2430 mentioned under 20K paid service. I don't understand what it is.

Does anyone think this cost for service is justifiable?
Old 14th September 2017, 15:00   #2258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
Hello all,

Recently my cousin’s car (JAZZ CVT) was given for 1st paid service (20K Kms or 1 year) at Whitefield Motors, Bangalore. The odo reading was only 4950, limited to city driving.

To my surprise, bill was generated for an amount of 9.5K!!

I’ve highlighted few areas where I found the service/change was not necessary owing to low mileage on odo.

Unfortunately, my cousin agreed for wheel alignment and balancing to the SA, for which it was charged 1807. Should have cost 50% less if done from outside.

Also there was a separate amount of 2430 mentioned under 20K paid service. I don't understand what it is.

It certainly doesn't look justifiable. 1807 for WA/WB is like
Ask about this.

What is the entry for Repair Charges Accidental Job? Did your cousin get any denting/painting done?

A/C Cleaning is also unnecessary. Injector cleaning - check if it is there in your 20K service. If not ask why it was done.
I don't understand why detail bill and summary bill are not matching. Does the detail bill not include labour? Ask for the Labour distribution. Why is it 5370?
jetti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2017, 16:32   #2259
BHPian

WA/WB amount is so steep, and since he was asked weather to do it or not, I don't think dealer/SM will respond to this. But i'm planning to take up this issue with Honda customer service, if at all it exists.

As you mentioned there is no details about repair charges, neither he asked for it. So need to question them on that part.

Need to refer owner's manual about the requirement of injector cleaning.

Labor charges are only mentioned in the summary, don't know where all labor charges are incurred. Will ask that as well.
Old 14th September 2017, 20:26   #2260
BHPian

Reas : Honda Jazz : Official Review

Hi redbaron91,

Quote:
The real problem starts right here. If the customer is trusting you and is happy shelling out, why not take him for a ride. Like I have mentioned so many times, please please please do not trust HASS for anything. This is what is the level where Honda India has fallen today and unfortunately HCIL is doing nothing to improve on service part.

Quote:
The odo reading was only 4950, limited to city driving.
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
What is the entry for Repair Charges Accidental Job? Did your cousin get any denting/painting done?

A/C Cleaning is also unnecessary. Injector cleaning - check if it is there in your 20K service. If not ask why it was done.
I don't understand why detail bill and summary bill are not matching. Does the detail bill not include labour? Ask for the Labour distribution. Why is it 5370?
As BHPian jetti has rightly mentioned, I too notice a lot of wasteful expenditure, which had I been there would have avoided for sure.

AC cleaner & disinfectant: 885/-
Was this really needed? Did your cousin ever felt any smell due to bacterial growth in a car just an year old. While next month, my Jazz V MT will be 2 years old and my City ZX is already 9+ years old, I have never got this done on either of my cars.

Battery Testing: 47.20/-
Just an year gone. Is it needed? Haven't done on my Jazz till date. Won't worry for the next two years either.

Injector cleaning: 1050.20/-
At 5K it sounds a joke to me. Besides, I wonder why did the SA recommend? And more importantly, did they really clean it? What is the proof? I know the inside stories of these HASS from my own experiences. So, I do not trust.

Accidental job: 460.20/-
Do not know, may be some minor repair job. Can't say on this.

Wheel alignment: 696.20/-
Honestly, at hardly 5K, unless your car has mostly gone through the broken city roads it isn't worth. Still ok, although I'd make my own judgment based upon the car's behavior if this is really needed. By the way, till date, haven't done on my Jazz(15K done), but considering now.

Wheel balancing: 767/- + weights
The bill states it was done for 5 wheels! Does the spare one needs it too? Also, IMO, even if the wheels aren't perfectly balanced, the effect is visible only while its speeding post 90-100 kmph. For city driving, its a total waste.

20K paid service: 2430/-
Acceptable for this includes all the labour and some replacements such as A/C pollen filter. By the way, did they really replace it? Was it really dirty? Did they give you the replaced filter? Why? Simple, I do not trust.

1241.55/-: Cost of 32 quantities of 100ml synthetic oil is ok.

3M Hi power break cleaner: 139.74/-
Haven't heard or seen this, I always stand along with both my cars in HASS. Did you ask what is it?

Miscellaneous: 200/-
What does this include? I'd always challenge them, for I know there's nothing of this sort.

Air spray: 139.99/-
Which air spray is this? Sorry, never heard or seen at any HASS. And did they really use it?

All that said, it is we who own the car, drive the car, experience it and understand it, and hence we should decide on what is needed rather than the SA. To share another instance, when my City had done 40K some 3 years ago, the HASS advised replacement of spark plugs. I refused as I knew my car is driven sedately(almost always under 2500 rpm). And even today the original stocks are doing the job well. During the last service, I ask the technician to open and examine all the 4 coils, only to find them ok.

Quote:
Labor charges are only mentioned in the summary, don't know where all labor charges are incurred. Will ask that as well.
To my understanding, summary is a different break-up representing the bill. So, whereas in the detailed bill labour for certain jobs has been covered under 2430/-, its the total labour for all the tasks which is appearing in the summary section.

To conclude, 2430 + 1241.55 + some top-ups = ~4000/- should be the bill for genuinely needed work. Thanks.

Last edited by Nohonking : 14th September 2017 at 20:35. Reason: Add more content
Old 27th September 2017, 04:57   #2261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I... Now I realize I had removed the USB drive when I dropped it for service... .
Did you try with another pen drive? Some times music players hang because of a bad USB drive.

Anybody know if the jazz is going to come with the 1.5 L engine or if the CVT is going to come in the vx version any time in the near future?

I have narrowed my automatic hatch search to the Jazz, Baleno or the Polo TSI. The Jazz is the front runner.

The things that worry me are the lack of rear seat comfort as compared to the vx & low end grunt. How bad is the lack of comfort, as stated in the review?

What changes have happened to the car from the time of the review? Any new versions introduced? Is the Privilege version only cosmetic? I don't really care about navigation which seems to be the selling point for the Privilege. Does any version come with Android auto? (Guess not!)

Is the difference between S & V CVT worth it? Seems mostly cosmetic to me, but for fog lamps.

Does any model have rear AC? (guess not)

Ideally I want the V Cvt with the magic seats.

Last edited by sridhu : 27th September 2017 at 05:13.
Old 28th September 2017, 08:43   #2262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post

Anybody know if the jazz is going to come with the 1.5 L engine or if the CVT is going to come in the vx version any time in the near future?

Ideally I want the V Cvt with the magic seats.
Don't we all want those things from the jazz 😀. The difference between the S and V CVT like you said are purely cosmetic like you said considering this is a car that's probably going to spend most of its time inside town. On the highway it can be frustrating to drive due to its low end torque and if you want to drive up the hills then i would strongly against it.

The rear seats miss out on headrests which is why they might be slightly uncomfortable for tall people otherwise they are very spacious especially for a hatchback.
zombiedriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 11:07   #2263
BHPian

Hi All,

The thing I hate most is around the corner. My 1 year old Jazz has started rattling ... although very weakly. I have identified 2 unique rattles.

Rattle 1: Always happens if the car is lugged (typically 2nd gear and speed below 5 KM/HR). It's obvious that any car engine will complain and there will be little vibration in this scenario. But at precisely this point I hear some rusty noise or some noise like a loose tin rattling. It's a weak rattle but I hear it always. P.S. I never lug the engine like that but sometimes the speed is enough to engage 2nd gear instead of 1st and at this point after engaging 2nd gear and depressing clutch, I hear this rattle.

Rattle 2 : Coming from unknown place. My guess is that either boot door or from inside of passenger side door.
abhaybakshi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 13:37   #2264
BHPian

Quote:
Rattle 1: Always happens if the car is lugged (typically 2nd gear and speed below 5 KM/HR). It's obvious that any car engine will complain and there will be little vibration in this scenario. But at precisely this point I hear some rusty noise or some noise like a loose tin rattling. It's a weak rattle but I hear it always. P.S. I never lug the engine like that but sometimes the speed is enough to engage 2nd gear instead of 1st and at this point after engaging 2nd gear and depressing clutch, I hear this rattle.
I am experiencing the same rattle in my petrol amaze, even the HASS were not able to identify. If you manage to get it sorted out, please update here. Thanks.
Old 30th September 2017, 05:21   #2265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

The thing I hate most is around the corner. My 1 year old Jazz has started rattling ... although very weakly. I have identified 2 unique rattles.
May not be 2 different rattles. In my Crysta, it turned out to be the engine bay cowl. They knew about it & fixed it quite easily.

Did you do any ice work recently?

Suggest the cowl to them.

Please ensure it is not something in the glove box or the console pockets - I went nuts figuring out a 'rattle' which turned out to be a couple of black screws in the glove box!

The worst was when I bought a Bulova automatic watch (only called a 'watch' in mirth. It is big enough to be a wall clock). The winder makes this weird buzzing noise. I was very distracted by the noise until I figured it out.

What I am saying is, rattles can be a bother to debug. All the best.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks