Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th October 2017, 05:34   #2296
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

In the quest for the 'missing' armrest in the Jazz I came across the Rati Armsters. .

They seem to be a Hungarian company making OEM stuff for European manufacturers. My impression is that they supply dealer accessories and not manufacturer components. I might be wrong.

A couple of youtube videos on the product:

Any opinions/ user reviews on them? Please share. I am very interested in the product.

Since I have not seen any post on then and search on the forum produces zero results, let me detail my impressions

I have no commercial interest in the firm or the product. Just presenting a product I that I thought might be useful to all.

They have 2 types of Armrests specific to the Jazz. What I like about the armrest is the following :
  • - they are vehicle specific
  • - fixed and therefore not prone to rattles & looseness in usage that a 'insert' type armrest of Aliexpress fame
  • - most importantly, they do not sacrifice the last cup holder on the rear in the console. They basically sit on top of the useless shallow square. You get an equivalent storage and the convenience of an armrest. I like this design
    Honda Jazz : Official Review-armster2armresthondajazz16.jpg
  • - they are tiltable
The quality looks good (impression not usage based) and they slot perfectly between the Aliexpress armrest and the ridiculous OEM armrest in price.

I thought I will buy it as I was Ok with the price but have run into a shipping cost problem. Anybody have any options that will lower the costs?

I mailed both the manufacturer & one of their dealers in UK.

The manufacturer price is Euro 55 for the Armster S and 96-99 for Armster 2 (depending on color). Shipping is 55-60 Euros, depending on speed. This is for one armrest. Works out to ₹ 8500 for Armster s and ₹ 11500 for Armster 2

The dealer price is UKP 75 for the Armster 2 and UKP 55 for the Armster S. They want UKP 42.5 and UKP 34 respectively for shipping. Works out to ₹ 7500 for the Armster S landed and ₹ 10,000 for the Armster 2

So, obviously, the price is high with the shipping.

Last edited by GTO : 26th October 2017 at 17:43. Reason: No group buys on Team-BHP :)
sridhu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 15:31   #2297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Any opinions/ user reviews on them? Please share. I am very interested in the product.

Since I have not seen any post on then and search on the forum produces zero results, let me detail my impressions
Hi Sridhu, I feel 11k is a bit expensive for the arm rest. Honda also sells what they call an OEM arm rest at their dealerships for the Jazz at 17k which I felt was atrocious.
You can check the arm rest being sold on aliexpress. I have purchased it and currently using it in my jazz. Very good quality and very precise fit and model specific. Just a do it yourself plug and play stuff and will take hardly five minutes to assemble and fit it yourself. And all this at less than half the cost. You should go for that. I have pasted the link in one of my earlier posts on this thread
Thanks
rashreddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2017, 16:27   #2298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron91 View Post
Hello all,

Recently my cousin’s car (JAZZ CVT) was given for 1st paid service (20K Kms or 1 year) at Whitefield Motors, Bangalore. The odo reading was only 4950, limited to city driving.

To my surprise, bill was generated for an amount of 9.5K!!

Attachment 1676073

Attachment 1676074

I’ve highlighted few areas where I found the service/change was not necessary owing to low mileage on odo.

Unfortunately, my cousin agreed for wheel alignment and balancing to the SA, for which it was charged 1807. Should have cost 50% less if done from outside.

Also there was a separate amount of 2430 mentioned under 20K paid service. I don't understand what it is.

Does anyone think this cost for service is justifiable?
Update on bloated service charges levied by WHITEIFLED HONDA, BANGALORE.

After initial discussion with service advisor over phone, he tried to ignore the concern, and even mentioned these words - “Service center people are not slaves to do according to your wish and requirement. We do things that are required for the vehicle as per its conditions. For next service you don’t have to do all these things as it is done now”.
Just can’t believe how some service center people treats the customer, as if I’ve insulted him in questioning their shoddy job.

Since there was no point in talking to him, I asked him to connect the call to his manager, and but he was reluctant to hand over the phone.

After all this oral discussions, I wrote the mail to Honda customer care, addressing the whole issue and demanding a reimbursement of the additional amount levied unnecessarily.

I got a reply justifying the dealer’s action and as a token of regret (Out of now where) they offered free accessories from the dealer.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-2.jpg

More than the additional amount they charged, we were more frustrated about the approach of the dealer to a customer. Since we were not interested in taking any benefits out of this issue with dealer, we rejected this offer and stood with the demand of reimbursement.

We replied back to HONDA INDIA pointing out the disappointment in justifying the dealer even when it is known very clearly about their ill-treatment of the customer and day-light looting.

Meanwhile 1 of my cousin’s friend was about to pay down payment for his new Jazz, and this information was passed on to him. He enquired about this incident to sales person. It seems they were little worried as they may have thought they gonna loose that sale. They offered him free reverse parking sensors in the last moment and fixed the deal.

Next on we received the call from HONDA INDIA customer care, and whole thing was discussed again, and this time even mentioned about the post in TBHP.

Finally the service manager contacted us and said the amount will be reimbursed and they need some time to process the amount.

Last week my cousin received the cheque amounting Rs.2642.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-3.jpg
Old 26th October 2017, 21:38   #2299
BHPian

This is common practice in every brand. I had the same issue even with my BMW and managed to shut down the nonsense the SA gave me about affecting warranty if I don't get everything that he says done to the car. I infact wrote a mail to BMW India and to cut the long story short, the dealer offered accessories which i refused and gave him a lesson on business ethics. Even with the jazz thr SA suggested a few things but they remained suggestions as he understood that i know a thing or two about cars. My 1 year 1st paid service cost me exactly ₹3009. For the same Jazz CVT. My car had done about 12000 kms at the time.
Old 26th October 2017, 23:33   #2300
BHPian

Dealers are just looting customers and taking customers for granted, thinking that no customer will put efforts in questioning them back and going after them for proper reasoning.
I strongly recommend this to all my friends and relatives that not to buy everything that a dealer say.
It's is always better to drop and collect your vehicle personally and ask them about the work done on your car. And always cross check with official service price calculator if available, to ensure they did a genuine job.
Old 29th October 2017, 22:15   #2301
BHPian

A couple of weeks ago, pampered my Jazzy with some detailing goodies her second birthday was around the corner.

For details, care to check my post Link (A superb Car cleaning, polishing & detailing guide).

Upon pampering, Jazzy was happy and said 'thank you!'
Honda Jazz : Official Review-10-jazzy-says-thank-you.jpg

Today, it was my turn to thank her, for what she offered me in return!
Honda Jazz : Official Review-relaxing-my-jazzy.jpg

Cheers!
Nohonking is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 13:50   #2302
Senior - BHPian

Hi

Dont really if it belongs here.

Was supposed to take delivery of a Jazz today but the SA called and said "Not able to get insurance, sir. All over the country, nobody is able to get insurance". DOnt know if this is only for Honda or other people too.

ALso, dont even know if this is true for Honda even.

Any pointers?
Old 6th November 2017, 10:34   #2303
BHPian

Anybody who's upsized or changed the OEM tyres recently? I'm sick and tired of the GY TripleMax - 22K km later, I feel I should have stuck with the MRFs perhaps. I've got 1 GY Triplemax replaced but the sidewall's already developed a tear (and yes, the tyre's fairly new - 03/17 mfr and installed in 05/17).

Please suggest:
1. XM2 or Earth 1? I need something that would last over city and highway, potholes and rains - not too particular about comfort, coz that I'll pull off with sedate driving anyway

2. Is an upsize alright? If yes, do suggest what's a reasonable upsize to improve drive-ability without taking a bad hit on FE. Tempted for a 185/65.

(Here coz the Jazz Tyre thread is a bit quiet and got no response there)
Old 6th November 2017, 17:58   #2304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hershlulla View Post
Anybody who's upsized or changed the OEM tyres recently? I'm sick and tired of the GY TripleMax - 22K km later, I feel I should have stuck with the MRFs perhaps. I've got 1 GY Triplemax replaced but the sidewall's already developed a tear (and yes, the tyre's fairly new - 03/17 mfr and installed in 05/17).

Please suggest:
1. XM2 or Earth 1? I need something that would last over city and highway, potholes and rains - not too particular about comfort, coz that I'll pull off with sedate driving anyway

2. Is an upsize alright? If yes, do suggest what's a reasonable upsize to improve drive-ability without taking a bad hit on FE. Tempted for a 185/65.

I've been using Michelin primacy 3ST from day 2. Threw out the MRF's. Its upsized to 195/60/R15, and its been nothing but beautiful. I was tempted to change to 205 but figured the ride would be hit. I've only done 13k kms though.
Old 6th November 2017, 22:30   #2305
BHPian

Quote:

Please suggest:

We picked up a Jazz CVT about 3 months ago and upsized tyres to 185/65/15 Yoko Earth 1s after 10 days of purchase. Ride, handling has impoved and gained about 6 mm of GC as well. All in all, a great upgrade.

PS: the dealer did his best to scare us with warranty issues but the 175 section Goodyears were absolutely rubbish, so decided to go ahead. Keep this in mind when you upsize.
nkapoor777 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 11:53   #2306
BHPian

Quote:
Please suggest:
Ignore me if it sounds like an apple to orange comparison. I have used both Earth 1 and XM2 on my cars but both are 14 inchers. Let me tell you my observation.
My Punto came with JK Tornado and I used it for around 37xxx km. The life was not good and I started seeing the steel threads. I then replaced with Yoko Earth 1 (same size as stock). The Earth 1 have been running for the past 25xxx km and the life is good and I feel that it could last for another 30K. The only downside is that since the Earth 1 is manufactured for Indian conditions, the compound is a bit harder thus resulting in a lot of road noise and quite a stiff ride. I also found during a couple of instances, where I had to brake hard, that the grip was somewhat lacking (may be due to the hard compound) and the tyres screeched a bit.
My Aspire came with MRF and I had to replace it under warranty due to abnormal road noise. Now it is running on Michelin XM2 (same as stock size) and I feel that the ride comfort has considerably improved. The road noise has also reduced comparitively.

This is just my observation on Tornado, Earth 1, MRF and XM2. You could see what fits your requirements.
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 14:52   #2307
Senior - BHPian

Bought a Carnelian Red Honda Jazz V-CVT yesterday. The car is quite smooth and exactly as expected - comfortable!

The obligatory image:
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20171107_084638651.jpg

Couple of questions/ issues:
- I have Moto G5s Plus phone. There is an issue with the bluetooth system: The audio system says "Sridhar's phone disconnected" and then immediately, "Sridhar's phone connected" randomly. I have not figured out any pattern. Dont think this is normal. Has anybody else experienced this?

The phone is new & works fine with other BT devices.

- The operating range for the remote door lock on the key is quite low and, more importantly, variable. The door does not lock / unlock consistently at a range greater than 15 ft

What is the normal range of this?

- There is an echo on the bluetooth when talking on the phone, once in a while. Normal?

- Another question: I have a USB hub on which I have connected a pen-drive and my iPod. On my Crysta, I an access both separately. Dont see a similar behaviour in the Jazz. Am I right in assuming it is not possible?
The buying experience was pretty decent. The car was not prepped very well but it was adequate. The SA was about as knowledgeable as can be expected - she did not know that an iPod can be connected or that the display can be dimmed. Otherwise, all promised accessories were installed & work fine.

Note on the mats - they have a couple of hard plastic tabs that are designed to be inserted under the door beading on the inside to prevent them moving around. When the car was delivered, these were generally hanging around but I thought the design was quite clever. Have tucked them in and it looks quite neat.
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2017, 20:51   #2308
BHPian

Quote:
Bought a Carnelian Red Honda Jazz V-CVT yesterday. The car is quite smooth and exactly as expected - comfortable!
Congrats Sridhar & welcome to the Jazz club! The top view of the car looks stunning with XXL windshield giving a unique character to it.

Quote:
- I have Moto G5s Plus phone. There is an issue with the bluetooth system: The audio system says "Sridhar's phone disconnected" and then immediately, "Sridhar's phone connected" randomly. I have not figured out any pattern. Dont think this is normal. Has anybody else experienced this?

The phone is new & works fine with other BT devices.

Assuming that you didn't pick the privilege edition(with digipad ICE unit) and your car is equipped with 5" colored ICE which has been coming equipped in the 3rd gen Jazz V since its launch, I believe there's neither an issue with your ICE unit nor with your Moto G5. As you proceed turning on the ignition, the ICE has already powered on and in a couple of seconds your phone has got connected to Honda HFT via Bluetooth(R). Now when you proceed further and crank the i-vtec, the ICE reboots and so does the Bluetooth(R) radio.

However, if this isn't the case and the handset still keeps connecting/disconnecting on its own while the engine is running, then its advisible to look into the settings. Please check the owner's manual(page #327 - Phone setup). Try deleting the pairing and then again pairing going step-by-step as per the manual. If that doesn't resolve the issue either, then try clearing the system(page # 334 of the owner's manual).

Quote:
- The operating range for the remote door lock on the key is quite low and, more importantly, variable. The door does not lock / unlock consistently at a range greater than 15 ft

What is the normal range of this?
Only 15 feet(~5 meters) sounds an abnormal low. My car is 2 years old now and still the remote transmitter offers a healthy range of ~100m in an open parking space(clear line of sight) and ~40-50m for sure in congested parking lots. I often press the 'lock' knob on the key fob to locate my Jazzy and she responds.

Quote:
- There is an echo on the bluetooth when talking on the phone, once in a while. Normal?
Not normal at all. I have never faced any issue whatsoever with the ICE. Be it the sound quality, Handsfree telephony, calling quality, FM reception or the speaker system. IMHO, Honda has really done well with this 5" colored ICE system. Even my friends who have sat in my car have praised the system in the varied decibel range.

That said, since many of your issues are related to Bluetooth(R) connectivity, I doubt there's something to do with improper pairing/settings. Please follow the owner's manual and I am confident you'll have a smile.

Quote:
- Another question: I have a USB hub on which I have connected a pen-drive and my iPod. On my Crysta, I an access both separately. Dont see a similar behaviour in the Jazz. Am I right in assuming it is not possible?
Not sure about this since I've never used USB hub. I use a micro USB pen drive which lets the flap to close 95%. Sometimes I have used this USB port for charging my phone but I think its only 1 amp port and so, results in slow charging. Being a low powered USB port may be an answer to your question. Also, if I turn on the FM or play the songs from my iPod via AUX port, the USB won't charge my phone. Meaning, the USB port will charge only when the ICE is turned off. So I use a Belkin 2.1 amp/10W with a Belkin cable for charging my Moto X on the go. Thanks.

Do enjoy your new car for miles & miles. She's reliable, she's comfy, she's lovely.

Cheers!

Last edited by Nohonking : 7th November 2017 at 21:11. Reason: Lingo check & content enrichment
Nohonking is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 10:49   #2309
BHPian

Quote:
I have had a similar experience in my aspire. Instead of a USB hub and 2 devices connected to it, my case was with a memory card reader (which supports both SD and micro SD). I had inserted both SD card and micro SD card into the card reader and inserted the reader into the USB port of the ICE. Only one of the cards were read and played. The other card was read only when I removed the first card. I think that's the ICE's limitation. After all, we can't expect it to be as intelligent as a laptop/PC to detect both the cards present in the same card reader (in your case, a USB hub with multiple devices connected).
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2017, 20:44   #2310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkapoor777 View Post
Ride, handling has impoved and gained about 6 mm of GC as well. All in all, a great upgrade.
Did exactly this and I feel exactly the same. Spoke to the store owner and took an opinion on Yoko vs XM2 for my needs. He assured me the Yokos would do better considering BMC's notorious reputation for not mending potholes on TV and the highway journeys every 3-4 months. Plus, the 185/65s look better

The Yokos grip better, albeit the steering did seem a bit weighted relatively. Maybe I'll do another check on the alignment and give it a longer run on the highway before I make judgements.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks