Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2018, 18:24   #2401
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Rumour: Is Honda Planning to Launch Jazz Facelift in near Future ?

I was browsing through offers on City for month of July 2018. I saw the following.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20180702_181442.png

One can clearly read Jazz Pre Facelift in the above image.

So, Does it mean Honda has started production of Jazz Facelift ?

Last time I heard this being not applicable as Jazz sales has been poor since launch. There exists a thread on the same. Link.

Has Honda rethought about this ? Honda has themselves to blame for the failure of Jazz.

They priced it at a premium over rivals, was poorly equipped with some features not even available on top trim. And reserving some features for specific variants (Magic Seats - VX, Multi Angle Camera & CVT option - V). This led to people looking at other options. As much as I like this car, Honda has been very greedy about not giving what customer wants.

Looking forward, Honda needs to correct it's mistakes if it wants to taste success. Baleno & Their own Amaze are best examples. A Good Packaged Car with Good Features at Very Good Price will sell well.

Honda!! Are you listening.

Let's wait and watch this space.
CarguyNish is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 18:38   #2402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarguyNish View Post
Yes, according to the sales advisor I have communicated with, the Facelift will be launched in a month or two. It comes with redesigned front and rear bumpers, push-start button. These changes are confirmed, and any additional features may filter through from its other siblings.
Overlander is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 20:23   #2403
BHPian

Quote:

I was browsing through offers on City for month of July 2018. I saw the following.

One can clearly read Jazz Pre Facelift in the above image.

So, Does it mean Honda has started production of Jazz Facelift ?
Well! The head of one of the dealerships we were speaking to mentioned about a "minor" upgrade coming in Aug, and this was way back in Feb/March timeframe.

I only hope this is not another Ford-like almost-covert upgrade - add speed sensing door locks and remove navigation and a parcel tray from under the seats!!

Seriously, if Honda has it's ears to the ground, they should at least offer the CVT in VX trim!
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 21:34   #2404
Senior - BHPian

I think this is the facelift:

Watch it muted.

Some changes I spotted:
1. Slightly modified front and rear with leds replacing fog lamps.
2. CVT version sports adjustable head rests for rear passangers.
3. The digipad is 2.0 which is supposedly better than previous version.
4. Has cruise control now (is it available in current model?)
ani_meher is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 21:57   #2405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
I think this is the facelift:

Watch it muted.

Some changes I spotted:

4. Has cruise control now (is it available in current model?)
No. It comes only with Paddle shifters in the V CVT model. I don't know about VX MT.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 2nd July 2018 at 22:05. Reason: Removing YouTube URL from the quoted post. Thanks.
Old 2nd July 2018, 22:03   #2406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
No. It comes only with Paddle shifters in the V CVT model. I don't know about VX MT.

Cruise control is not available in any of the current Jazz variants.
Old 3rd July 2018, 00:51   #2407
BHPian

Quote:
Honda should launch the CVT diesel combo in the Jazz and more importantly should make adjustable rear head restraints standard across all variants.
petroguzzler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 12:40   #2408
BHPian

OMG after ruining City and Amaze's faces with that ugly monstrous chrome grille they have now ruined the only Honda car that used to look nice from the front :( Total mismatch, wonder who Honda designers are....
heavenlybull is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2018, 13:57   #2409
BHPian

Quote:
https://www.carwale.com/honda-cars/jazz-facelift/

It was mentioned sometime back. Expected around Oct.
Old 3rd July 2018, 15:15   #2410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rumour: Is Honda Planning to Launch Jazz Facelift in near Future ?.
Indeed Honda is launching Jazz Facelift.

Quote:
Honda is readying an India launch of its facelifted Jazz premium hatchback, which is expected to take place in the latter half of this month.
Quote:
On the outside, the refreshed Honda Jazz features an all-new front bumper with larger air intake along with a slightly different design for the fog lamp housing. The grille gets styling revisions, too, which now brings it more in line with newer Honda models.
Quote:
At the back, the car gets subtle styling tweaks and its LED tail-lamps get a mild redesign. The alloy wheels get a new design as well, which look a bit similar to the ones seen on the new Amaze. The top-spec trim is expected to get black alloy wheels to make the car look sporty.
Quote:
The Jazz will come with equipment like automatic headlamps and an updated infotainment system which is similar to the one seen in the current-gen Honda City.
Rather then City's, I hope Honda equips it with Digipad 2.0 as seen on Amaze which is much better.

Quote:
Unlike the Amaze, Honda will not offer a diesel-CVT variant on the Jazz hatchback.
Source
Old 3rd July 2018, 15:26   #2411
Senior - BHPian

This version of Jazz was launched in July 2015 and due for face lift this year July. Hope they add magic seat in current V variant.
Old 3rd July 2018, 19:22   #2412
Senior - BHPian

Rumour: Honda Jazz facelift to be launched in July 2018

Honda is readying an India launch of its facelifted Jazz premium hatchback, which is expected to take place in the latter half of this month.

On the outside, the refreshed Honda Jazz features an all-new front bumper with larger air intake along with a slightly different design for the fog lamp housing. The grille gets styling revisions, too, which now brings it more in line with newer Honda models. At the back, the car gets subtle styling tweaks and its LED tail-lamps get a mild redesign. The alloy wheels get a new design as well, which look a bit similar to the ones seen on the new Amaze. The top-spec trim is expected to get black alloy wheels to make the car look sporty.

The Jazz will come with equipment like automatic headlamps and an updated infotainment system which is similar to the one seen in the current-gen Honda City.

The car will not get any mechanical updates, which means the 1.2-litre petrol and the 1.5-litre diesel engine options will continue, as is. The Jazz will take on the recently refreshed Hyundai i20 and the Maruti Baleno in the Indian market. Unlike the Amaze, Honda will not offer a diesel-CVT variant on the Jazz hatchback.

Source
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-1image.jpeg  

Last edited by AMG Power : 3rd July 2018 at 19:23.
AMG Power is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th July 2018, 22:44   #2413
BHPian

Hi Guys,

I had a problem with my wheel upgrade. I commented it in the Tyre and wheel upgrade section for Jazz. I believe more members are following this thread and I'm updating the link below for your valuable suggestions

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post4424163

Please do provide me some pointers.

Thanks
Rahul
Old 5th July 2018, 07:13   #2414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Hi Guys,

I had a problem with my wheel upgrade. I commented it in the Tyre and wheel upgrade section for Jazz. I believe more members are following this thread and I'm updating the link below for your valuable suggestions

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post4424163

Please do provide me some pointers.

Thanks
Rahul
The 7J rim size is too big for this size of tyre and is highly risky. Please either change the rim size to 6J or increase the tyre width so that the tyres seat properly. These are the only two options - ask the NEO guys to take back the rims and change to lesser width rims.
Old 6th July 2018, 23:52   #2415
BHPian

Hi,

Does anyone know if the engine oil provided/changed by Honda in the 6 months interval is really synthetic oil? They charge about Rs.1400 for 3.2l for Jazz which seems significantly less for synthetic.
Also, if anyone has used Mobil or any other brands in Jazz, would like to know if it had a positive effect in driving experience/power/mileage figures.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks