Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2018, 13:49   #2446
BHPian

This is a strangely hilarious story. Lot of things mentioned do not seem logical. Or I am missing something by large margin.
Why does one need to open gearbox casing for fuel? What is fuel doing in a gearbox?
Also the story that rain water entered fuel while the petrol pump received it from tanker is super funny. Typical size of such tankers is 40,000 Litre. So 60:40 ratio means 60,000 Litre of rain water entered, wow where was this petrol pump right below a dam? And petrol pump manager didn't notice he is getting 100,000 litres of fuel from a small tanker. I don't think any fuel company send such adulterated fuel. This is like a joke.
I suggest the owner should get the car inspected to see if the service center has pulled out any parts out from the car...Like the Skodas did long back.
naikameya is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 14:07   #2447
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Need some information on the annual maintenance cost of Jazz. As per the SA it is 8K but as per some videos it is 12-15K. Also heard that the maintenance is every 6 months causing bomb to you pocket. Is this all true and worth before buying Jazz as a second car?
My other choices are just going round and round from i10 Grand, new Swift, Baleno. Unable to make any choice and if Jazz's maintenance is a real mess then I need to drop it from the list upfront
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 16:04   #2448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Need some information on the annual maintenance cost of Jazz. As per the SA it is 8K but as per some videos it is 12-15K. Also heard that the maintenance is every 6 months causing bomb to you pocket.
Yes the company suggested maintenance interval is 6 months. A typical Jazz petrol service can cost you between 3k-6k. However, you need to be vigilant so that you remove any add-ons that are not required.

Below is the official Honda maintenance calculator for your reference.
Maintenance Calculator
jeet8686 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 16:52   #2449
BHPian

Quote:
Need some information on the annual maintenance cost of Jazz. As per the SA it is 8K but as per some videos it is 12-15K. Also heard that the maintenance is every 6 months causing bomb to you pocket. Is this all true and worth before buying Jazz as a second car?
My other choices are just going round and round from i10 Grand, new Swift, Baleno. Unable to make any choice and if Jazz's maintenance is a real mess then I need to drop it from the list upfront
Honda has maintenance package. After 2nd free service, for 2 years / 40000 Kms cost varies between 14-17K for petrol models and ~21K for diesel model. Better to pick this, so that, they don't do unwanted things during your regular service.
gunsho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2018, 22:04   #2450
BHPian

Quote:

Rajiv, yearly it shouldn't cross 6k, until you have other issues which require spare parts etc. On my last 1 year service it costed me around 3.5k. When they prepare the job sheet be mindful of what they are saying and writing on the job sheet. Ask them to give an explanation of each job they have mentioned in it. Go through the car manual, do your homework, it will tell you what all are the mandatory changes/checks that needs to be done. Be assertive to the SA and stick to it, unless you think something else is required. You don't have to accept whatever they write on the job sheet.
I think the maintenance is not overly expensive compared to other cars but is on par with them, the only gripe with Jazz being the 6 months interval, note that it's the same for international variant as well.
jaysonline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th August 2018, 08:49   #2451
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysonline View Post
Rajiv, yearly it shouldn't cross 6k, until you have other issues which require spare parts etc. On my last 1 year service it costed me around 3.5k. When they prepare the job sheet be mindful of what they are saying and writing on the job sheet. Ask them to give an explanation of each job they have mentioned in it. Go through the car manual, do your homework, it will tell you what all are the mandatory changes/checks that needs to be done. Be assertive to the SA and stick to it, unless you think something else is required. You don't have to accept whatever they write on the job sheet.
I think the maintenance is not overly expensive compared to other cars but is on par with them, the only gripe with Jazz being the 6 months interval, note that it's the same for international variant as well.
I completely agree with you Jays. The service cost is on par to the competitors. If we consumers are vigilant and ask what and why then we could always escape the ripoff..

Yes. Six months service is the only grouse in owning a Jazz. But per My knowledge, the total bill we pay in a year is still equal or less to that of competitors (especially to VW atleast per my BIL's polo. He does the service once in a year for approx 8 to 12k. I am sure he uses synthetic oil.Couldnt confirm whether its per VW manual or not)

Quote:
Hi Rajiv, During service visits, the SA would ask,whether I would like to opt for (A,B,C,D,E) etc. At that time I usually ask him a question i.e. whatever he just stated was as per user manual or not(pardon my laziness) and he usually state that A,B,C is as per manual and D,E is not. Then I would say him to just stick to what is quoted in the manual.For instance, the SA would ask whether I would like to opt for Synthetic or mineral oil and per above means I ask them to fill only mineral oil only (per manul).

My service costs are within control due to this and hence per me service cost is one among the many things am happy about my JAZZ .
DieselTorq is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2018, 09:21   #2452
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsho View Post
...Onlything that is standing between the decision is the service. I have owned Maruti cars for the last 15 years. Initially zen and then the old baleno. Maruti is the only authorized service station in my hometown where my car spends 3-4 months every year. So its kind of war between brain vs heart. And its a tough fight.
Good to hear that you are impressed with the Jazz on its biggest strength.

My hometown too doesnt have a service station.The nearest is madurai. Whenever i am out of India,my car will be in my hometown.

Sundaram Honda madurai conducts
frequent (may be monthly) service camp and we service ours once in a while there.

Not sure about the nearest service center to yours and I am sure they would have similar arrangement at a place which is in a reasonable distance to your hometown .
Old 18th August 2018, 19:25   #2453
BHPian

Probably that would be the nearest for me. Mine is courtallam. Madurai must be the closest. Regular service is not an issue. As it is once in 6 months. And most the year I will be in coimbatore. Challenge for me is, when something goes wrong / unscheduled service required, don't want unauthorized mechanics to tweak things. or may be its just that I am worrying too much. That situation may never come also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTorq View Post
Good to hear that you are impressed with the Jazz on its biggest strength.

My hometown too doesnt have a service station.The nearest is madurai. Whenever i am out of India,my car will be in my hometown.

Sundaram Honda madurai conducts
frequent (may be monthly) service camp and we service ours once in a while there.

Not sure about the nearest service center to yours and I am sure they would have similar arrangement at a place which is in a reasonable distance to your hometown .
Old 19th August 2018, 03:40   #2454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsho View Post
Challenge for me is, when something goes wrong / unscheduled service required, don't want unauthorized mechanics to tweak things. or may be its just that I am worrying too much. That situation may never come also.
I too had a similar worry.During a casual chat with the SA (who is the person responsible for the service camp),he said that just in case if any situation arises call upon Honda RSA or Sundaram honda and they would do the needful according to the situation.

We once had an issue with the wiper blade(it got bent by mishandling) and it looked like it would create minor scratches on the windshield. The same was reported to Sundaram honda and they promptly arranged a Honda mechanic, who visited my home town(Cumbum, which is 120kms from Madurai one way) the next day with the needed spare to get it replaced.This incident increased my respect on the SA, Sundaram Honda and Honda .

I am not trying to convince you to buy a Honda by the afore meant example. I just stated how a minor issues was resolved even though there isn't a Honda service center in my hometown.

I am sure you are best person to decide on your need and finalising the option that suffices the same. All the best for your new car search
Old 19th August 2018, 08:17   #2455
BHPian

Quote:
The same was reported to Sundaram honda and they promptly arranged a Honda mechanic, who visited my home town(Cumbum, which is 120kms from Madurai one way) the next day with the needed spare to get it replaced.This incident increased my respect on the SA, Sundaram Honda and Honda
That is very nice. I believe RSA is a must to buy in my case too.

Quote:
I am not trying to convince you to buy a Honda by the afore meant example. I just stated how a minor issues was resolved even though there isn't a Honda service center in my hometown.
You probably would have convinced me actually . Jokes apart, I have no experience with honda service, as I have been always with Maruti and was happy with them. Appreciate a lot on sharing your experience. It helps a lot in taking the decision. Ofcourse that is what team bhp is all about right . Thanks again.
Old 20th August 2018, 07:32   #2456
Senior - BHPian

After looking into various feedback from different BHPians, which are the good Honda car dealers in Bangalore and which is the best Service center? Reason to ask this query: online reviews are very generic and specific to people's instantaneous feelings/experiences and may not always be the truth.
Unlike Maruti where there are multiple centers in Bangalore Honda has very limited choices here. With Maruti one can simply go from one service center to next but with Honda..... may need to travel some distance.
Fortunately Sapphire Honda is very close to my home but found completely contradicting feedback on google. Any help
Old 31st August 2018, 00:06   #2457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
Once on the main road I accelerated to around 40 Kmph but at around 2000 rpm the car lost power and engine check light came on. I stopped the car turned the engine off and restarted the car. The check light was gone and the car started driving normally. The engine was shaking during idling before I turned off the engine.

Any idea why this could have happened?
Last weekend I had similar experience on my S CVT. My car just completed 6000 kms in 15 months. I was planning a road trip from a long time and just went ahead with a solo drive. The route covered was Mumbai-> Murudeshwar-> Kollur-> Bangalore-> Kadapa -> Hyderabad -> Mumbai.

I had already covered 1200 kms before reaching Bangalore without any issues. I left Bangalore on Saturday ( 9 am ) and I had already covered 240 kms on Bangalore-Kadapa route. I was cruising at 80 kms/hr. Suddenly some vibration and engine check light came on. This was 25 kms before reaching Kadapa and fuel was hovering around 50%. The previous day, I had filled petrol from Indian oil COCO near to Neelamangala. I had never used IOC fuel in this car before.

In my initial search within google maps, I could not find any service center in Kadapa. I became quite nervous as I was not even sure of any other Honda service center availability around Kadapa. I stopped the car for 15 minutes. Later I called my brother and he found a center from Honda website and asked me to visit the service center directly. This was a newly launched Honda showroom. After restarting,the engine check light was still ON and "eco" light was OFF.

I drove without AC and below 1500 rpm untill I reached the Honda service centre. The service center person told me that the engine check light can turn ON even with some lose wire and this wont have anything to do with the engine. Still I did not understand why did it vibrate.

As the center was new, they did not have diagnostic tools and they could arrange it only by Monday. As I had to leave the next day (Sunday ) to Hyderabad. They took a test drive on highway. They did not find anything unusual even though the engine check light was ON.

Then they put the vehicle on ramp and checked all the joints and electrical connections manually. On restarting the light went OFF and "eco" mode light also came back. Still we did not find the actual reason for losing power during cruising. Later I traveled to Hyderabad and then back to Mumbai on Monday evening with no issues.

Another issue I found was some engine/CVT roughness/noise around 2800 rpm. It is smooth before 2700 and beyond 2900 rpm. I covered 2800 kms in 5 days with an overall mileage of 17.3 . CVT is good for 4 lane highways but I did not find it comfortable to overtake trailers on NH17

Last edited by rahulskumar : 31st August 2018 at 00:10. Reason: removing spaces
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 12:08   #2458
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Last weekend I had similar experience on my S CVT.
This is happening to other Jazz CVT owners too. Mine is almost 3 years old but my friends 1 year old Jazz V-CVT had the same problem last week and the light went away on its own after parking overnight.

Wonder whats happening? May be Fuel quality since we fill from same fuel station.
tazmaan is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2018, 13:05   #2459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
This is happening to other Jazz CVT owners too. Mine is almost 3 years old but my friends 1 year old Jazz V-CVT had the same problem last week and the light went away on its own after parking overnight.

Wonder whats happening? May be Fuel quality since we fill from same fuel station.

How many kms did you car cover till now ? From service manual, we need to change transmission oil every 24 months. Have you done this before?
Mine has just completed 9k in 16 months.

Which Honda service center did you check and did you see this issue again ?
Old 31st August 2018, 18:17   #2460
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
After looking into various feedback from different BHPians, which are the good Honda car dealers in Bangalore and which is the best Service center? Reason to ask this query: online reviews are very generic and specific to people's instantaneous feelings/experiences and may not always be the truth.
Unlike Maruti where there are multiple centers in Bangalore Honda has very limited choices here. With Maruti one can simply go from one service center to next but with Honda..... may need to travel some distance.
Fortunately Sapphire Honda is very close to my home but found completely contradicting feedback on google. Any help
A very close friend of mine used to get his Honda Brio serviced at the Honda dealership on Hosur Road, he had bought it from there as well. IIRC while he was abroad, he would call up the SVC and get them to service his car. I have accompanied him for a few of the services. He was quite happy with the Honda experience. However that doesnt mirror a lot of the feedback that you see online.

For my Honda Jazz, I had bought the car and used to get it serviced at the Honda dealership in Whitefield. Im ambivalent about the whole Honda service experience. You can find my posts on this thread. It certainly isnt premium but they arent out to steal your money and your wallet like some Hyundai dealerships! For my last service though, I moved to a FNG.

With the traffic conditions in Bangalore, driving half way across the city to get a car serviced isnt going to be an easy task. You just might end up going to the one closest to your home or office as a matter of convenience.
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed