Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2018, 13:46   #2461
BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
Remember, relay is must. That's what keeps the electricals from overloading. But this is accessory installation 101. A most basic thing that everyone knows.

I have installed double tone Roots on my petrol 2016 Jazz (V model) without relay. It has been 2.5 years and no issues.

Should I be concerned ?
Old 12th September 2018, 22:44   #2462

Anyone can please confirm me that the New 2018 Jazz taillights can be fitted onto 2017 version Jazz?
Old 3rd October 2018, 21:14   #2463
BHPian

Recently completed 18 months service for auto variant @ Trivandrum
She had just completed 4200 kms in first 15 months (as I was working abroad ) Current ODO stand at 12800. I completed 8600 kms in 94 days

Did plenty of highway runs and found some issues.

1. Moisture in headlamps : Really weird and I complained to Honda directly. They asked me to visit nearby dealer. Dealer took me to washing area and showed the same issue with 1 month old City. As per the Honda notification, this is normal. Cannot believe this company. I had driven 45k in my Ritz diesel in 15 months on all roads / no roads through heavy rains and never saw any kind of condensation. None of my previous cars had this issue.

2. Slight headlamp discoloration : Honda did not agree and as per them this is also NORMAL. This car was mostly driven during day time. I believe the main issue is due to moisture content which might allow dust particles to enter.

3. Passenger seat rattle: As per Honda this is also normal. I've the same issue in my Accord but it started after my warranty period had expired

4. Brake squeak: I forgot to tell them, but this issue is not present every time. I removed the wheel caps and now a days I don't hear any noise. May be heat was causing the issue

The front and rear bumper are not at all strong, even "slightest" of impact can bring them down along with the bulkhead. ( No impact on mine , but my mechanic told me ). I do see gaps between the bumper and body panel

Apart from these, the car is excellent. Driver seat comfort is way better than my previous hatchback ( Ritz ). Handling is excellent. I love to drive hatchbacks

Overall mileage during my interstate highway runs was around 17 with speed varying between 90 to 120 kms/hr. When fuel is below half tank, the automatic is really fun to drive. I feel the pick up is low when the tank is full. ( may be psychological ) . Even after driving 3000 kms in 3 days, there was no drop in engine oil and CVT transmission oil

If anyone wants to buy a Honda, keep in mind that they wont be solving any of the issues. It will be a love-hate relationship. If we raise a complaint directly with Honda,they usually ask dealer to educate customer or make customer understand that these are not serious issues and they are present in all Honda vehicles :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityaac View Post
Anyone can please confirm me that the New 2018 Jazz taillights can be fitted onto 2017 version Jazz?

Why do you want to replace the entire assembly, just replace the pillar reflectors with led lamps

Last edited by moralfibre : 19th November 2018 at 11:36. Reason: Back to back posts.
rahulskumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 10:47   #2464
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
If anyone wants to buy a Honda, keep in mind that they wont be solving any of the issues. It will be a love-hate relationship. If we raise a complaint directly with Honda,they usually ask dealer to educate customer or make customer understand that these are not serious issues and they are present in all Honda vehicles :P
Very well said. I visited Honda showroom over weekend to have a look at 2018 Jazz, Amaze and WRV in one go. Sales person's knowledge was not so great as per my observation. Firstly they are not aware of new features on newer models and they do not keep a watch on what they say. In one go this person said Jazz is wider than WRV and within 5 min in some other topic he said exactly "ulta". I was laughing and told him the same. Now as you said they are educated to wrap a customer in words and somehow convince them on agreeing that Honda cars are like "supercars". Again he came to comparison in service cost and interval between Honda and other brands. For Jazz the service interval is 6 months which he did not agree (whole world is aware of that) and when I kept my foot strong he said he needs to check with his senior. Another point where I was laughing. In summary one needs to be careful while listening to them. Price wise these cars are pretty expensive and of course maintenance cost is also pretty high.
On a good note the drive-ability of Honda cars is really good. Tried Jazz VCVT and found to be very nice. It is a tough choice between to go for them or just ignore them.

Last edited by rajivtelang : 4th October 2018 at 10:49.
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 11:34   #2465
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
VPrice wise these cars are pretty expensive and of course maintenance cost is also pretty high.
On a good note the drive-ability of Honda cars is really good. Tried Jazz VCVT and found to be very nice. It is a tough choice between to go for them or just ignore them.
Jazz is a heavy hatch and the weight is at par with City. If you drive sedately, you will get 2-3 km more inside city but on highways City automatics provide similar mileage.

For Jazz CVT, the service cost comes around 5k every 6 months. If you go through the list carefully , you can bring it down to 4K. Every time I get billed for AC cleaning ( around 800 ) but I do feel something different after the treatment. No need to do it every 6 months , get it done after the rains.

The only good thing is the price of synthetic oil which comes around 410 per liter and along with the cost of labor (1600), combined cost is similar to the price of replacing oil with Mobil1. Agreed Mobil1 synthetics might be light years ahead but I did not see any oil burning issue during my last month highway runs

I think except WRV, remaining Honda vehicles have 6 month service interval. I still cannot understand why they need to service petrol cars every 6 months. May be many dealers will have to shut down with 1 yr service interval and their lobby might be preventing it.

Cost of alloys is 8700 per wheel. Similar wheels made by Enkei for Maruti sells for 5500 and Toyota sells them for 7k
Honda market is crashing , hope they realize this and start providing "QUALITY" in their products. Their sales crashed almost 20% in September 2018

Last edited by rahulskumar : 4th October 2018 at 11:45.
rahulskumar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 13:55   #2466
Senior - BHPian

Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
For Jazz the service interval is 6 months which he did not agree (whole world is aware of that) and when I kept my foot strong he said he needs to check with his senior. Another point where I was laughing. In summary one needs to be careful while listening to them. Price wise these cars are pretty expensive and of course maintenance cost is also pretty high.

I had a similar experience recently when I took Jazz test drive. SA insisted that service interval is 1 year!

I was test driving Jazz VX CVT, and would have considered it if not for these two:
1. No head rests in rear seats.
2. No ISOFIX support

Find it odd that Amaze gets ISOFIX and Jazz doesn't.
SilentEngine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th October 2018, 15:50   #2467
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adityaac View Post
There are a lot of aftermarket fitments available to convert the vertical reflectors into LED units.

Here's on sample: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/eOsu...ceBeautifyAB=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Recently completed 18 months service for auto variant @ Trivandrum
She had just completed 4200 kms in first 15 months (as I was working abroad ) Current ODO stand at 12800. I completed 8600 kms in 94 days
Thanks for sharing your experience, I am currently 3 weeks into my VX CVT.

Did not experience any moisture (only 1 day of rain since ownership) or discoloration of headlamps till date. However, the tinkling of the seat cover chains suggest that the passenger seat is indeed vibrating when unoccupied.
No brake squeaks till date.

Had an unfortunate collision when I bumped into a pillar while backing up into a parking space and the rear bumper caved in, which I was able to fix about 95% with a heat gun.

Agree with you on the driver seat comfort, especially the lumbar support is excellent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentEngine View Post
I had a similar experience recently when I took Jazz test drive. SA insisted that service interval is 1 year!

I was test driving Jazz VX CVT, and would have considered it if not for these two:
1. No head rests in rear seats.
2. No ISOFIX support

Find it odd that Amaze gets ISOFIX and Jazz doesn't.
The misses mentioned by you, plus the deletion of the magic seats bugged me as well, but I was not able to find any other suitable alternative and chose the Jazz for it's other positives.

Last edited by blackasta : 4th October 2018 at 15:51.
Old 4th October 2018, 16:45   #2468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Did not experience any moisture (only 1 day of rain since ownership) or discoloration of headlamps till date. However, the tinkling of the seat cover chains suggest that the passenger seat is indeed vibrating when unoccupied.
No brake squeaks till date.

Had an unfortunate collision when I bumped into a pillar while backing up into a parking space and the rear bumper caved in, which I was able to fix about 95% with a heat gun.

Agree with you on the driver seat comfort, especially the lumbar support is excellent.

I've OCD and that's the reason why I purchased a Honda hoping it will be niggle free. Honda just have to get their quality control team fired.

In just one rain, you wont see this issue. Drive it around for a while, I've attached the pics. Some days even I don't find any moisture. This is basically between the headlamp cover and internal dome. This happens during my early morning drives when it is humid outside ( without rains but during overcast conditions ) If this is normal then all Honda's should have it. Most probably it will fail a day after my warranty is over.

Rear bumpers are a joke, there is hardly half inch of plastic between the rear door and bumper. Good that your rear door is intact. I think most of my issues will be sorted out by my mechanic friend. He will add reinforcement to these bumpers and put them back.

Second image shows the white haze inside left headlamp.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_2424.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_2423.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_2426.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by rahulskumar : 4th October 2018 at 16:49.
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2018, 10:14   #2469
BHPian

Yesterday replaced stock map reading lights (2) and dome light (1) with Philips LED 12957 (6000k). Cabin now looks amazingly bright. The stock halogen bulbs throw very depressing yellow light and are very very pale too. I like bright white light and I am very happy with my new LED setup.

Dent to the pocket - 2250 rupees.... (750 per piece)

There is one more option. Philips Wedge based LED. This is cheaper at 650 for a set of 2 bulbs. However it is less bright than 12957 version. 12957 is a small LED strip and comes with 3 types of connectors. At 2250 Rs. it is indeed expensive but my Jazz cabin now looks pleasantly lit in the dark. So..money well spent !!

Last edited by abhaybakshi : 11th October 2018 at 10:16.
abhaybakshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 16:20   #2470
Senior - BHPian

Got the 12 Month '20k' service done for the jazz.

Complaints 12 months
- No cleaning of inside glass
- Dont clean stereo
- AC Filter
- Air filter
- no wheel balancing & alignment
- the rpm goes up by 600 when put in P
- paint fade
- ac not cooling enough

work done: 2Nov2018
- AC filter replaced
- Air filter replaced
_ oil changed
- paint: will do repolishing after Deepavali

Service cost: 5869

Also, wrote a letter to Honda India about their policies.

See:
Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20181105161149.png

Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20181105161203.png

Other stats after 12 months
Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20181105161452.png

Honda Jazz : Official Review-screenshot_20181105161503.png
sridhu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2018, 18:27   #2471
BHPian

Guys, Just wanted to check if someone has replaced the stock Audio Reverse Camera interface in V CVT model to something more contemporary ?
Old 6th November 2018, 13:17   #2472
Senior - BHPian

A few days back I went to the RTO to get the HSRP affixed, and since then (now this may be a mere coincidence too) there's a metallic rattling noise being noticed from the rear.

It's difficult for me to pinpoint the source of the rattle while driving as I am the only occupant of the car 99% of the time, and had only people in the front passenger seat till now on a few occasions.

Things I have done till now to tackle the rattle, but none worked till now:

1. The rear HSRP is held in place by 2 rivets which go in the dedicated screwholes on top. I have applied a lot of foam / foam tape / 2 sided tape to the backside of the HSRP.

2. Padded with foam the 2 upper corners of the rear hatch cladding

3. Padded with foam the 2 inside corners (where plastic trim meets metal body) of the rear plastic trim (the trim which holds the hatch lock)

4. Wrapped the rear seat metal U retainers with electrical tape

5. There is nothing loose in the spare wheel well, and the screw lock to hold the spare wheel in place is quite tight.

The rattling sounds prominently metal / metal sheet on metal sheet, and increases with road unevenness, to the point of being constant & quite loud + irritating on rough roads.

Has anyone encountered & resolved this issue till date? I plan to open up the rear hatch cladding from inside next to check if the metal rivets put in by the RTO folks are touching anything.
Old 6th November 2018, 13:52   #2473
BHPian

Sid,
I had similar rattle from boot area on my Jazz. After lot of investigation and frustrating trials of padding the suspected gaps with rubber, paper, cloth .. I finally had an idea. I asked my daughter to sit in the boot (which I closed for safety purpose and folded rear seat to make her comfortable) and to listen carefully and pinpoint the location of rattle. After few rounds on the ground, I was told that the sound was coming from above the rear wheel (driver side). This is right below the boot light area. With that info, I removed the cladding and found that there is one black switch box which was hanging loose and was impacting on the bare metal. Secured the box with adhesive tape and the problem was permanently resolved !!
Please do also check if rattle is due to gap between hook and boot door. If you suspect it, just apply some adhesive tape to the hook and check if it makes any difference. All the best !
abhaybakshi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2018, 14:29   #2474
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaybakshi View Post
Sid,
I had similar rattle from boot area on my Jazz. After lot of investigation and frustrating trials of padding the suspected gaps with rubber, paper, cloth .. I finally had an idea. I asked my daughter to sit in the boot (which I closed for safety purpose and folded rear seat to make her comfortable) and to listen carefully and pinpoint the location of rattle. After few rounds on the ground, I was told that the sound was coming from above the rear wheel (driver side). This is right below the boot light area. With that info, I removed the cladding and found that there is one black switch box which was hanging loose and was impacting on the bare metal. Secured the box with adhesive tape and the problem was permanently resolved !!
Please do also check if rattle is due to gap between hook and boot door. If you suspect it, just apply some adhesive tape to the hook and check if it makes any difference. All the best !
Thanks for the pointer - shall surely look for the same & post updates.
Old 6th November 2018, 15:17   #2475
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
A few days back I went to the RTO to get the HSRP affixed, and since then (now this may be a mere coincidence too) there's a metallic rattling noise being noticed from the rear.
Do you have rear parking sensors installed? If yes, there should be a small box (should be kept on right or left side of the boot, inside the boot lining) to which the sensor wires are connected. They might not be held in place properly. I am not sure if you have rear parking sensors installed, but adding this for every one in need of information.

Last edited by pavi : 6th November 2018 at 15:19.

Most Viewed