Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2018, 15:42   #2476
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Do you have rear parking sensors installed? If yes, there should be a small box (should be kept on right or left side of the boot, inside the boot lining) to which the sensor wires are connected. They might not be held in place properly. I am not sure if you have rear parking sensors installed, but adding this for every one in need of information.
Rear parking sensors come as default on all trims of the Jazz 2018 model as factory fit.
As mentioned by abhaybakshi earlier, this may be the same small box.
Old 7th November 2018, 12:44   #2477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaybakshi View Post
Sid,
I removed the cladding
Any pointers on how to remove the cladding in the hatch area?
The section below the parcel tray on the sides and floor is all carpet, and there is no screw / plastic rivet that can be seen.
Also, how did you take out the luggage lamp?
Old 7th November 2018, 13:45   #2478
BHPian

Sid, just pull the clading from the boot hook. Dont worry you will not damage anything. There will be plastic bracket which surrounds boot hook. Remove that and just pull the carpeted part. Its easy to fix after you check the box. No screws or nothing. I am online for some time. If you are not able to do it (very unlikely)...I will post snap

Last edited by abhaybakshi : 7th November 2018 at 13:49.
Old 7th November 2018, 15:00   #2479
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhaybakshi View Post
Sid, just pull the clading from the boot hook. Dont worry you will not damage anything. There will be plastic bracket which surrounds boot hook. Remove that and just pull the carpeted part. Its easy to fix after you check the box. No screws or nothing. I am online for some time. If you are not able to do it (very unlikely)...I will post snap
Yes just undid the carpet on the drivers side. There are a lot of wires which are securely taped. There is a box bolted on the outside of the internal chassis part, in the blank space between the internal chassis and the external sheet metal, which i could feel but could not see.
It appeared screwed / bolted on quite firmly. Nonetheless, applied some foam between the box and the chassis.
Went for a quick test drive - but unfortunately nothing changed. The rattling sound is still there.

I had also undone the rear hatch plastic trim to check if there's some loose part inside it - nothing there too.
Old 9th November 2018, 12:50   #2480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
The rattling sound is still there.
Success at last in eliminating the rattle.
I trawled a few international forums like clubjazz and fitfreak, and as suggested in one of the threads, adjusted the 2 rubber bumpers on the lower end of the hatch door by unscrewing them by a couple of turns.
I guess that makes the hatch sit firm on the body and the rattling noise is now no longer there.
blackasta is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 17:41   #2481
BHPian

Hello friends,

I am in the process of picking up a new Jazz. It was a tussle between the Swift and Jazz. In the end, my love for Honda has won again (I already have a City).

The 1.2 liter engine does concern me in one aspect: Engine rpm while cruising. My 2011 City excels in every regard but it is spinning at a very high 3500 rpm while doing 120 kmph.

Can anyone tell me about these figures for:

The Jazz Petrol MT

rpm at 100 kph
rpm at 120 kph

Jazz Petrol CVT

rpm at 100 kph
rpm at 120 kph

Thanks!
Old 20th December 2018, 19:09   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by br_876 View Post

The Jazz Petrol MT

rpm at 100 kph
rpm at 120 kph

RPM for high speed cruising in Jazz is high, there is no way around it.

I have a Petrol MT and if I recall correctly, 100kph is about 3.5-3.8krpm and 120kph is 4-4.2k rpm. 120kph normally is loud for my preference but I don't cruise beyond 100kph in our roads much so never been much of an issue to me so far.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 19:50   #2483
BHPian

Quote:
Jazz Petrol CVT

rpm at 100 kph
rpm at 120 kph

Thanks!
100kph - D Mode 2700-3500 rpm depending which gear ratio is selected by the CVT.

120 kph - north of 3500
adi_gt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2018, 21:54   #2484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
RPM for high speed cruising in Jazz is high, there is no way around it.

I have a Petrol MT and if I recall correctly, 100kph is about 3.5-3.8krpm and 120kph is 4-4.2k rpm. 120kph normally is loud for my preference but I don't cruise beyond 100kph in our roads much so never been much of an issue to me so far.

Ouch Ouch!! Precisely the problem I face with my City. How hard is it to add an additional gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
100kph - D Mode 2700-3500 rpm depending which gear ratio is selected by the CVT.

120 kph - north of 3500
This sounds much more reasonable.

I'm fine with a MT or CVT. The latter is around 1.3 lakhs more expensive on-road Coimbatore.
Old 22nd December 2018, 17:32   #2485
BHPian

Quote:
Ouch Ouch!! Precisely the problem I face with my City. How hard is it to add an additional gear.

This sounds much more reasonable.
Someone sitting behind me took a picture earlier today for your query in my Jazz V CVT.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20181222_103409.jpg  

adi_gt is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 09:54   #2486
BHPian

Mine is a 2015 Petrol MT. At 100kph, in 5th gear, it hovers around 3000 RPM. Haven't had any concerns about this, so far. In case you haven't done so already, pls do test drive the Jazz in traffic conditions relevant to yourself. Low end on the MT is a tad poor and I don't
find it comfortable to drive in stop-and-go traffic. All the best, for your buy!

Quote:
Hello friends,

I am in the process of picking up a new Jazz. It was a tussle between the Swift and Jazz. In the end, my love for Honda has won again (I already have a City).

The 1.2 liter engine does concern me in one aspect: Engine rpm while cruising. My 2011 City excels in every regard but it is spinning at a very high 3500 rpm while doing 120 kmph.

The Jazz Petrol MT

rpm at 100 kph
rpm at 120 kph

Jazz Petrol CVT

rpm at 100 kph
rpm at 120 kph

Thanks!

Mod Note : Please avoid typing with excessive dots.........like................this.

Thanks

Last edited by moralfibre : 23rd December 2018 at 18:53. Reason: See note in post.
knockout is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd December 2018, 16:10   #2487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Someone sitting behind me took a picture earlier today for your query in my Jazz V CVT.
Thanks a ton for this. I think this has helped me make a decision!! The CVT is better for my requirements.

Sorry for any trouble, but there is no test drive of a Jazz automatic available with Manchester Honda. Hence, team-bhp to the rescue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knockout View Post
Mine is a 2015 Petrol MT. At 100kph, in 5th gear, it hovers around 3000 RPM. Haven't had any concerns about this, so far.........In case you haven't done so already, pls do test drive the Jazz in traffic conditions relevant to yourself. Low end on the MT is a tad poor and I don't
find it comfortable to drive in stop-and-go traffic. .......All the best, for your buy!
Thanks a lot, knockout!! I just completed my test drive and you are correct. The rpm@100 kmph is at 3k and rpm@120 kmph was at 4k.
Old 24th December 2018, 10:23   #2488
BHPian

Completed 23,000 KMs in just over 2 years and the car is just getting better and better. The engine has become even smoother and the FE has significantly gone up. For the last couple of highway runs, she returned around 15.5 kmpl and I did not drive with a light foot.

Someone stole one of my wheel caps ( or hub caps ) while parked yesterday. Is there any website to source good ones at a reasonable price?
eyesice is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 10:51   #2489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Completed 23,000 KMs in just over 2 years and the car is just getting better and better. The engine has become even smoother and the FE has significantly gone up.?
Yes it certainly becomes smooth after 10k !! Just because it's a CVT I have finished 17k in 1 year as I used to hate driving in traffic earlier in my Honda City ZX. Sometimes I miss the grunt but being a sedate driver, I am OK to swallow some pride while people overtake blindly (especially the yellow board Innovas).
Old 24th December 2018, 22:38   #2490
BHPian

I picked up a Jazz VX CVT on 13th Dec and spent the last week modifying the Jazz to my requirement. Though the modification is mostly cosmetic, I think it has added some sporty character to the car. I feel the car is a perfect fit for bumper to bumper Bangalore traffic. Over the last few days, I am touring the western ghats with my family, I am of the opinion that this car sorely needed the 1.5L engine from the City. It just doesn't have the grunt to overtake, especially at inclines and the CVT's rubber band's isn't helping either. As I'm moving away from driving a series of diesel cars, I never thought that I was silently addicted to its torque and turbo rush. The Jazz, however, is eerily silent and super smooth (also thanks to my Primacy ST4 upgrade). I am now thinking of moving this car primarily to city use and pick-up a diesel SUV/ Sedan for highway duties over the next year.

Most Viewed