Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th December 2018, 08:43   #2491
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug:mush View Post
to bumper Bangalore traffic. Over the last few days, I am touring the western ghats with my family, I am of the opinion that this car sorely needed the 1.5L engine from the City. It just doesn't have the grunt to overtake, especially at inclines and the CVT's rubber band's isn't helping either. .
Yes, indeed it requires a 1.5L engine especially to negate the rubber band effects of a CVT. But, you may still extract some grunt by using paddle shifters with the current car. Believe me it works in most situations.
Old 25th December 2018, 10:57   #2492
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesice View Post
Someone stole one of my wheel caps ( or hub caps ) while parked yesterday. Is there any website to source good ones at a reasonable price?
Aliexpress should have them. Here's a sample (check the measurements before buying):

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4pcs...4-cde52ac779be

Quote:
Originally Posted by mug:mush View Post
I am of the opinion that this car sorely needed the 1.5L engine from the City. It just doesn't have the grunt to overtake, especially at inclines and the CVT's rubber band's isn't helping either. As I'm moving away from driving a series of diesel cars, I never thought that I was silently addicted to its torque and turbo rush. The Jazz, however, is eerily silent and super smooth (also thanks to my Primacy ST4 upgrade). I am now thinking of moving this car primarily to city use and pick-up a diesel SUV/ Sedan for highway duties over the next year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adi_gt View Post
Yes, indeed it requires a 1.5L engine especially to negate the rubber band effects of a CVT. But, you may still extract some grunt by using paddle shifters with the current car. Believe me it works in most situations.
Using the S mode and paddle shifters should help in most of the overtaking situations.
But yes, Honda should have released a nothing held back ZX or RS edition with everything they skimped on the VX, starting from that 1.5L engine.
Old 17th February 2019, 21:28   #2493
BHPian

I have a VX petrol 2016 model Jazz. In my Jazz, if I have turned off engine at traffic signals, and car just moves a little downhill, the foot brake doesn't work and sort of turns hard and there is not much play in the foot pedal when I press it. I had to use the hand brake to stop the car. Anyone else seen this? Is this expected behavior? Once I start the engine, the brake pushes back fully when depressed and is normal.
sanchari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 22:02   #2494
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchari View Post
I have a VX petrol 2016 model Jazz. In my Jazz, if I have turned off engine at traffic signals, and car just moves a little downhill, the foot brake doesn't work and sort of turns hard and there is not much play in the foot pedal when I press it. I had to use the hand brake to stop the car. Anyone else seen this? Is this expected behavior? Once I start the engine, the brake pushes back fully when depressed and is normal.
Thank it because your brake works with a vacuum servo which is effective only when the engine is running.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 22:08   #2495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If the brakes are turning hard at the first time you are pressing them after switching off your engine, it's something wrong with your brake booster.
But if it is going hard after pumping 3-4 times when the engine is off, then it's normal behavior.
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2019, 22:24   #2496
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
If the brakes are turning hard at the first time you are pressing them after switching off your engine, it's something wrong with your brake booster.
But if it is going hard after pumping 3-4 times when the engine is off, then it's normal behavior.
Its turning hard after 3-4 times. Strange behavior, why is it so, any idea?
Old 17th February 2019, 23:43   #2497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its turning hard after 3-4 times. Strange behavior, why is it so, any idea?
Absolutely normal behavior, happens in any car with vacuum brake boosters. The booster works with power from the engine, and when the engine is cut off, it stops working to the point where the vacuum assist is gone.

Details here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_servo & here:
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2019, 01:31   #2498
BHPian

Quote:
Isn't this expected behavior in pretty much any modern car? I remember reading about not to turn off the engine on downhill roads as steering and brakes are lost if one does it in modern cars.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 02:08   #2499
BHPian

After ~40,000 kms, decided to give a new makeover. Added Volvo like tail lights, gives a new look and admirers at traffic lights in the night.

Purchased in Amazon :

JIANVISH Direct Reflector Replacement Matching Red Lens 14-LED Lights Rear Side Pillar Tail Brake Lamps For Honda Jazz1.2 SV i-VTEC Petrol https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01EAVB6WK/..._peyGCbHWGW43X
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-70e76238ac7a4465a7488dfd1d631e67.jpeg  

itzvicky201 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 02:41   #2500
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
After ~40,000 kms, decided to give a new makeover. Added Volvo like tail lights, gives a new look and admirers at traffic lights in the night.

Purchased in Amazon :

JIANVISH Direct Reflector Replacement Matching Red Lens 14-LED Lights Rear Side Pillar Tail Brake Lamps For Honda Jazz1.2 SV i-VTEC Petrol https://www.amazon.in/dp/B01EAVB6WK/..._peyGCbHWGW43X
Drool..

I have been thinking of doing this for long. How complicated was the wiring? And a bit worried about the warranty as well.
Yieldway17 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 08:48   #2501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Isn't this expected behavior in pretty much any modern car? I remember reading about not to turn off the engine on downhill roads as steering and brakes are lost if one does it in modern cars.
+1

The vacuum pump essential for safe brake operation is driven off the engine. So never ever turn off the engine.

You not only loose braking but also loose the power steering facility (hydraulic pump in traditional power steering and power supply to the electric motor in newer systems).

I have seen folks losing their limbs with vehicles going out of control downhill, crashing.

Nikhil
Old 8th March 2019, 18:12   #2502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yieldway17 View Post
Drool..

I have been thinking of doing this for long. How complicated was the wiring? And a bit worried about the warranty as well.

One connecting wire for both the tail lights, will get interconnected through the inner boot, the right tail light wiring will go down to the parking light through the wiring console found in the upper right corner of the boot.
Yes, little skinning to be done to the parking lights to connect the new tail lights.

On the account of warranty, not sure how it will be handled, I have anyway moved ahead with changes for headlights, better horn, so no point of considering a warranty breakage.
itzvicky201 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th March 2019, 13:13   #2503

After around 5 years with my Alto 800 and 50000 km on the odometer I have now decided to go forward and book the JAZZ V CVT model.
I feel with the current discounts running and thanks to the sweet exchange value offered for my old car, the reportedly overpriced JAZZ turned out to be the most VFM option in my budget of 10 lacs on road (the maximum upper cap).

The only missing features which are a concern (not deal breakers for sure) are lack of rear adjustable headrest and auto folding mirrors. I was confused between the V CVT variant of Amaze P and the Jazz V CVT but I felt that Jazz is built much better and the NVH levels are better as well. The additional features for the small premium (around 35 k post discounts) meant that Jazz was the clear winner.

I looked at every car from 6 to 10 lacs price bracket and finally narrowed down to the Jazz. Hopefully will have the car delivered next week in golden brown color.
TarunSC is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 22:51   #2504
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post

Purchased in Amazon :

Thank You for sharing this. Looks quite nice and cool on your Jazz . You can also check replacing the stock yellow bulbs with white bulbs for the pilot lamps and the bulbs for the licence plate. I am sharing the link for my recent purchase from amazon.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has anyone tried to replace the rear side pillar lights from the face lifted Jazz.
Old 29th March 2019, 11:21   #2505
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarunSC View Post
After around 5 years with my Alto 800 and 50000 km on the odometer I have now decided to go forward and book the JAZZ V CVT model.
I feel with the current discounts running and thanks to the sweet exchange value offered for my old car, the reportedly overpriced JAZZ turned out to be the most VFM option in my budget of 10 lacs on road (the maximum upper cap).

The only missing features which are a concern (not deal breakers for sure) are lack of rear adjustable headrest and auto folding mirrors. I was confused between the V CVT variant of Amaze P and the Jazz V CVT but I felt that Jazz is built much better and the NVH levels are better as well. The additional features for the small premium (around 35 k post discounts) meant that Jazz was the clear winner.

I looked at every car from 6 to 10 lacs price bracket and finally narrowed down to the Jazz. Hopefully will have the car delivered next week in golden brown color.
Congratulations for your new jazz. I hope you pen down an ownership review soon. I'm in the same boat as you were and have looked at all the options in the premium hatchback segment. Jazz comes out a clear winner for me in terms of reliability, price (post discounts), FE and features. Since this will be my mother's car, I'm only looking at the AT. Did you purchase the car in Delhi? Can you please share the final on-road price that you paid (If possible with breakup and discounts).
TB16 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks