Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2019, 13:14   #2536
BHPian
 
rahulskumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: TVM
Posts: 244
Thanked: 320 Times
Default

I have CVT model and 195 is an overkill, I opted for 185 to increase ground clearance and remove the slight vibrations I felt on concrete roads. Correct me if I am wrong , with 2 percent error we will see 1020 kms instead of 1000 kms.
rahulskumar is offline  
Old 7th May 2019, 14:23   #2537
BHPian
 
SoumenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: B'lore
Posts: 862
Thanked: 1,616 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
I have CVT model and 195 is an overkill, I opted for 185 to increase ground clearance and remove the slight vibrations I felt on concrete roads. Correct me if I am wrong , with 2 percent error we will see 1020 kms instead of 1000 kms.
With 2% error, 100kph displays as 102kph. So indeed 1000kms becomes 1020kms.

Here's the comparison.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-capture.jpg

Last edited by SoumenD : 7th May 2019 at 14:26.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2019, 15:31   #2538
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Baripada
Posts: 447
Thanked: 142 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

If any one has experienced both Figo TDCI & Jazz I-Dtech, please compare both in the following areas-

1. Pick up of the cars.
2. Quietness inside the cabin both in city & highways.
3. Ride quality.

Few days before did a TD of new Figo inside the city. I was mighty impressed with the car with the power & driveability it had to offer. The only other diesel hatch with almost matching power is Jazz ( although Jazz has more weight than Figo), thus curious to have a comparision. Around an year before, I had a short TD of WRV diesel, again inside the city, and what I remember, it was more clattery than new Figo & felt slower than Figo as well.

Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline  
Old 8th May 2019, 21:50   #2539
BHPian
 
SoumenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: B'lore
Posts: 862
Thanked: 1,616 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

First tankful lasted for 400 odd kms, 50 kms on Nice road (highway)& rest in-city (Outer ring road majorly at 7:30-8:30AM & 3:30-4:30PM). MID mileage figure showed 12kmpl. Tankful calculation shows 11.2kmpl. So an error of around 0.8kmpl

While the above is on expected lines, the range display seems flawed. At 250kms, remaining range showed 250+. But by the time it reached 400, range went to 0. For every actual 1km, range reduced by 2-3kms, not proportionately though. Is this normal?

The transmission tuning is perfectly done for city usage and the accelerator responds to the inputs pretty nicely as long as you don't go pedal-to-metal. Rest the office commute has become pretty smooth. So much so that specially during afternoon commute (3:30-4:30PM) am getting sleepy

Last edited by SoumenD : 8th May 2019 at 21:53.
SoumenD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 13:03   #2540
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 853
Thanked: 408 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
While the above is on expected lines, the range display seems flawed. At 250kms, remaining range showed 250+. But by the time it reached 400, range went to 0. For every actual 1km, range reduced by 2-3kms, not proportionately though. Is this normal?
I never believe this feature. How does it know how you are going to drive next? It might calculate the distance to empty based on the way you are driving currently and display. But if your next driving starts with more fuel consumption for whatever reason it is bound to go for a toss for sure. It is not possible to predict the distance to empty unless it keeps data of multiple drives (concept of machine learning or something like that). So best thing in my opinion is to watch the fuel gauge and predict it based on number of remaining bars there.
For example in my Ertiga with tankful the needle goes beyond F mark and it takes about 100KMs to come to F. But after that the consumption is not linear as per the gauge and needle moves below a bit faster. By experience I know how to interpret the meter. This I never found to be matching with distance to empty reading.
rajivtelang is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th May 2019, 13:40   #2541
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Cochin
Posts: 720
Thanked: 1,306 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
While the above is on expected lines, the range display seems flawed. At 250kms, remaining range showed 250+. But by the time it reached 400, range went to 0. For every actual 1km, range reduced by 2-3kms, not proportionately though. Is this normal?
Believe me, the range display is not a fortune teller. It shows the approximate range considering the current driving conditions. Take a highway drive (a proper one with less traffic), the range starts to increase because of the conditions prevailing in a relaxed highway drive. So you should not blindly believe it, unless your driving conditions will be the same till the end of the trip.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 15:47   #2542
BHPian
 
SoumenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: B'lore
Posts: 862
Thanked: 1,616 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
you should not blindly believe it, unless your driving conditions will be the same till the end of the trip.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
This I never found to be matching with distance to empty reading.
Thought so. Thing is my previous car never had all these fancy features, so I was used to checking the bar-count itself. Guess will continue to do that and ignore this range reading.

BTW any way around this useless armrest? Unless someone sits with the seats pushed all the way back and at lowest position they seem unusable. For now I have done a small DIY jugaad. Had the old neckrest from my older Maruti estilo
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20190511_153013.jpg

Placed it over the Honda armrest and fit it using the elastic band it came with. Went to a nearby roadside seat cover fabricator and got a cover stitched for 350 bucks. Ofcourse the finishing isn't close to what actual handrest would look but it's atleast now usable for my requirements. The texture matches the one on the seat covers as well.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20190511_141727.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20190511_143017.jpg

If I manage to get a rectangular cushion of correct size it will have a better fit. Will have to see if I can get one anywhere.
Checked with Honda if they have any alternative but for now they don't. Even the cheaper Amaze comes with a better armrest (sliding)

Last edited by SoumenD : 11th May 2019 at 15:59.
SoumenD is offline  
Old 11th May 2019, 16:22   #2543
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WB 26
Posts: 3,352
Thanked: 2,703 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

BTW any way around this useless armrest? Unless someone sits with the seats pushed all the way back and at lowest position they seem unusable.
I am on the same boat, and planning on getting this from Aliexpress.
blackasta is offline  
Old 12th May 2019, 02:49   #2544
BHPian
 
DieselTorq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 52
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
If any one has experienced both Figo TDCI & Jazz I-Dtech, please compare both in the following areas-

1. Pick up of the cars.
2. Quietness inside the cabin both in city & highways.
3. Ride quality.

Few days before did a TD of new Figo inside the city. I was mighty impressed with the car with the power & driveability it had to offer. The only other diesel hatch with almost matching power is Jazz ( although Jazz has more weight than Figo), thus curious to have a comparision. Around an year before, I had a short TD of WRV diesel, again inside the city, and what I remember, it was more clattery than new Figo & felt slower than Figo as well.

Thanks
Hi Mate,

I have never driven the figo diesel and hence cannot compare Jazz d with Figo d, However, i own a Jazz idtec and hence could share my view on it.

As you would have already known, Jazz diesel even though it is powerful,it's not a race machine. Its one among the most fuel efficient car in India and its tuned aiming that.

Having said that, the power delivery is linear and its more than adequate to keep up with the 'in city' or 'highway' traffic, once you are used to what this car is capable in each gear at specific RPM.

The below link is an old article, but still relevant to provide the answers for most of your questions other than cabin noise.

http://overdrive.in/car-roadtest/aff...-introduction/

Last edited by DieselTorq : 12th May 2019 at 02:50. Reason: Typos
DieselTorq is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 06:31   #2545
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Cochin
Posts: 720
Thanked: 1,306 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselTorq View Post

The below link is an old article, but still relevant to provide the answers for most of your questions other than cabin noise.

http://overdrive.in/car-roadtest/aff...-introduction/
The link does not work. It says page not found, root cause = the URL is wrong or incomplete.
pavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2019, 11:13   #2546
BHPian
 
DieselTorq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 52
Thanked: 65 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
The link does not work. It says page not found, root cause = the URL is wrong or incomplete.
Thanks for pointing out Pavi. Sorry for that.

Here is the complete link.

http://overdrive.in/news-cars-auto/a...-introduction/

Dear Moderators,I tried to edit my previous post to include the above referred link. But, Couldnt do so.Hence,Hereby, I request your team to edit my previous post and include the full link referred above and delete this post, if possible.
DieselTorq is offline  
Old 12th May 2019, 14:20   #2547
BHPian
 
SoumenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: B'lore
Posts: 862
Thanked: 1,616 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
If I manage to get a rectangular cushion of correct size it will have a better fit. Will have to see if I can get one anywhere.
Update: Managed to get a rectangular cushion stitched and now it fits fine. Now I can happily raise the seat to a comfortable height and the soft armrest is very comfortable for both driver and front passenger (if needed)

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20190512_132238.jpg
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20190512_132308.jpg
SoumenD is offline  
Old 14th May 2019, 09:38   #2548
BHPian
 
GKMahajan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Pune/Mumbai
Posts: 597
Thanked: 846 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Finally I upgraded the tires with Continental CC5 185/65 R15. OEM tires were Goodyear Tripple max 175/65 R15.
..
..
Dear Rahul,

For the kind of driving that you are doing, I am surprised that you were tempted to change the tyres so soon.

Anyway, Congratulations! I hope you enjoy the ride.

Sadly, we have not yet met up! So near yet so far....

Do keep us updated about the long term performance of the Continentals!

Regards,

Girish Mahajan
GKMahajan is offline  
Old 16th May 2019, 22:09   #2549
BHPian
 
itzvicky201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: KA03
Posts: 100
Thanked: 47 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
The Bridgestone B250s are economy grade tires and are an older model to my knowledge. They should suit average usage to be honest. For slightly more enthusiastic driving, an upgrade is a good option and it also weighs up the steering a bit. I drove to Madhus straight after taking delivery of my Jazz CVT and upgraded to Yokohama S Drives in 195 / 60 R15. Better tires make a big difference depending on your driving style. You cant go wrong with any of the popular tire upgrade options from Michelin or Yokohama or Continental etc.

How did you manage the spare tire? Is that still with old specifications (175/65 R15)? Will there be stability issues, if one of your new tires go flat and you are on your spare wheel with a different spec ?
itzvicky201 is offline  
Old 16th May 2019, 22:16   #2550
Distinguished - BHPian
 
neil.jericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 2,034
Thanked: 5,652 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzvicky201 View Post
How did you manage the spare tire? Is that still with old specifications (175/65 R15)? Will there be stability issues, if one of your new tires go flat and you are on your spare wheel with a different spec ?
I believe I have only had one instance of having a puncture so far. I used the ResQTech air inflator to fill pressure back up and got the offending nail removed from a nearby store some time later. In the absence of such an option, yes I will have to use the spare tire and keep speeds low till I can get the problem addressed.
neil.jericho is offline  
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks