Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2019, 13:44   #2611
BHPian
 
rahulskumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: All Over
Posts: 207
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I believe DRLs serve the purpose if they function without human intervention. Correct me if I'm wrong. There ought to be a way to do this. (Accessories mode?)

Usually DRL should turn off when we switch on high beam. I have not disturbed Honda's original wiring till date. As the top end latest Jazz does not have DRL, even sourcing the switch and wiring harness wont help.
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2019, 16:36   #2612
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WB 26
Posts: 3,299
Thanked: 2,518 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
I believe DRLs serve the purpose if they function without human intervention. Correct me if I'm wrong. There ought to be a way to do this. (Accessories mode?)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Usually DRL should turn off when we switch on high beam. I have not disturbed Honda's original wiring till date. As the top end latest Jazz does not have DRL, even sourcing the switch and wiring harness wont help.
I had bought the DRL assembly from aliexpress previously, but the DRL controller supplied with the assembly does not have any auto on / off feature.
So I have ordered this controller separately, which should provide auto on / off capability on basis f voltage changes - shall attempt installation once it is delivered.

DRL assembly: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3271...27424c4dH2kKEi

DRL controller: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3280...2b584c4d8C5PEb
blackasta is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2019, 21:53   #2613
BHPian
 
Vishfull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Kochi
Posts: 39
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavi View Post
Are you missing your Punto?? How did you feel when you close your Jazz doors as you were closing the doors of Punto for 8 years.
Oh I miss a lot of things. The build, drivability, and the steering. I miss that steering the most. But then my punto was the base model, and I did not even have central lock (or a music system, for that matter). Considering all that, punto is like a dinosaur in front of jazz . And one thing I am not going to miss is the service center visits. Those were real nightmares. Once I went to fix a broken headlight, and they tried to bill me 75k saying I need to replace my clutch, break pads and timing chain
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
And what discount did you get?
I got around 45k plus OEM bucket mats.
Vishfull is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2019, 21:47   #2614
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Bathinda
Posts: 25
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Sorry for back to back post. Just now I completed installing the pillar lights. The lights were not properly fitting as my model did not have the is provision to wire. I had difficulty in routing the cables. The right side light was easy to fit as we already have some holes to route the cables. I could not get the wires of the left side light to the high mount lamp, later I took it along the rear glass. ( 3rd image )

Last image is the front fog lamps with DRL. One switch was already present in the kit. I ordered one additional switch for DRL (from aliexpress). Fog and DRL are independent, but must be careful to switch them off.

Has anyone tried the pillar lamps from the new Jazz? i tried twice with my dealer to get them as spares but failed to get. Those lamps really looks cool. If someone has fitted, please do share the details. Regarding DRLs, Honda has really pushed the jazz owners to struggle for getting decent quality after market DRLs. Nowadays even the two wheeler are coming with DRLs. These not only add to the style aspect but also enhances the road safety, specially in dark colours.
jazzy47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2019, 22:29   #2615
BHPian
 
rahulskumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: All Over
Posts: 207
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy47 View Post
Has anyone tried the pillar lamps from the new Jazz? i tried twice with my dealer to get them as spares but failed to get. Those lamps really looks cool. If someone has fitted, please do share the details. Regarding DRLs, Honda has really pushed the jazz owners to struggle for getting decent quality after market DRLs. Nowadays even the two wheeler are coming with DRLs. These not only add to the style aspect but also enhances the road safety, specially in dark colours.

I did but I purchased it from Amazon. Ask your dealer to place an order using VIN number of latest Jazz VX. If they use your vin number their system wont allow to place an order. I ordered "15 inch Honda city alloys" for my Jazz using one of the service center employees personal car (city ) vin number.


Let me know once you install them. I still could not figure out a way to route the left side pillar lamp wires. With my current connection, these lamps will turn on only when brakes are applied. I tried connecting it with the parking lights and it worked. As I was not clear about how much power original wiring can drive and there was noting mentioned about power on the pillar lamps, I did not want to risk keeping them ON throughout. Do let me know how much power these pillar lamps might take, oem ones should have these details


Thanks
Rahul

Last edited by rahulskumar : 15th July 2019 at 22:38.
rahulskumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2019, 08:11   #2616
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Kochi
Posts: 2,325
Thanked: 295 Times
Default

Has anybody installed sharkfin antenna? Had asked the showroom at time of delivery for city's sharkfins, but they were reluctant. These look shiny, slim and curvy ,- like a Bollywood actress. (Or was that city using aftermarket sharkfins?). Aftermarket ones look like sumo wrestlers.

I liked the another vehicle VIN mentioned above. But isn't there a part number?
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2019, 08:38   #2617
BHPian
 
SoumenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: B'lore
Posts: 794
Thanked: 1,351 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Question to owners here. How do you find the under-thigh support for the front seats?

Since it was better than my previous car(Estilo), I didn't bother too much about it earlier, but lately I feel the under-thigh support for the front seat is lacking. I feel slight uneasiness in the right leg while driving for 45mins to more than an hour. Earlier I thought since this is my first time automatic experience, would need sometime to get used to. But now I feel its more to do with the lack of front seat cushioning specially at the part where the thigh rests. This is more pronounced in bangalore b2b traffic where you keep switching between brake & accelerator. Didn't experience it on the 6+ hour drive(300+kms) on highways as there was enough time to free the right leg courtesy cruise control.

Any solutions for the same?


Edit: Was searching online and saw this. Do we get something like this in India?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1Pcs-Car-Se...8AAOSw4S1dHxTR


Honda Jazz : Official Review-capture.jpg

Last edited by SoumenD : 16th July 2019 at 08:47.
SoumenD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2019, 08:50   #2618
Senior - BHPian
 
arindambasu13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,005
Thanked: 882 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Question to owners here. How do you find the under-thigh support for the front seats?



Any solutions for the same?
I have felt the lack of under thigh support as well, when driving my friend's Jazz, albeit this was on a manual transmission variant. These are relatively unnoticeable aspects when doing initial test drives, and become apparent the more one drives a new vehicle. Anyways, since it wasn't my car I did not think too much of it at the time, but the issue was definitely felt. Not in a huge way, but enough of it to create a constant niggling uneasiness.

I suppose the only option would be to try and mitigate the issue by installing extra under thigh padding which makes the front of the seat extend a bit. You'll need to seek out a custom seat maker who can add just the right amount of padding. A bit tricky, because excessive padding would create a different set of issues.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2019, 18:36   #2619
Senior - BHPian
 
blackasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: WB 26
Posts: 3,299
Thanked: 2,518 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
Has anybody installed sharkfin antenna?
I have installed an aftermarket one this weekend, shall post details in my ownership thread soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Question to owners here. How do you find the under-thigh support for the front seats?
Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I have felt the lack of under thigh support as well, when driving my friend's Jazz
I pointed this out in my ownership thread here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4457534 (Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic)

Quote:
Interior space & comfort - front & back (seat support, legroom, headroom & width)


Front Seats

The front seats are adequately firm, and have the right amount of lumbar support, so I need not put in the lumbar support pad that I had to use in my i10. I am still using the neck pillow - alongwith the adjustable front headrests I can get just the right amount of support for my neck.
However, both me and my dad felt that thigh support is a bit on the shorter side, and another half inch to one inch would have been great.
I have however got used to it, and it doesn't bother me much now a days. My driving posture is pushed back and slightly laid back (about 70-75 degrees).

Last edited by blackasta : 16th July 2019 at 18:38.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2019, 18:37   #2620
Senior - BHPian
 
sridhu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,030
Thanked: 1,585 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post

Edit: Was searching online and saw this. Do we get something like this in India?
Good Ol' Ali Express to the rescue!

THere is bunch of these things in there. A sample here


This one is among the better designed ones (more expensive too) and has a video to boot. Was wondering how it was attached.
sridhu is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 09:52   #2621
BHPian
 
SoumenD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: B'lore
Posts: 794
Thanked: 1,351 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhu View Post
Good Ol' Ali Express to the rescue!

THere is bunch of these things in there. A sample here


This one is among the better designed ones (more expensive too) and has a video to boot. Was wondering how it was attached.
Yeah i did go through these in AliExpress. However I haven't ever ordered anything from there. Free Delivery shows 1-2 months from now & earlier ones' delivery-cost is more than the actual product.

Does free delivery usually work? Sorry am new to this whole AliExpress thingy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post

I pointed this out in my ownership thread here:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ml#post4457534 (Real Steel - My 2018 Honda Jazz Petrol VX CVT in Modern Steel Metallic)

I have however got used to it, and it doesn't bother me much now a days. My driving posture is pushed back and slightly laid back (about 70-75 degrees).
Yeah I read about it but didn't see if you did any fixes for that. I will try to check with my friends in US who are visiting India to get me something maybe. Strange we don't get anything for this in India although it seems to be a common issue with most smaller cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindambasu13 View Post
I suppose the only option would be to try and mitigate the issue by installing extra under thigh padding which makes the front of the seat extend a bit. You'll need to seek out a custom seat maker who can add just the right amount of padding. A bit tricky, because excessive padding would create a different set of issues.
That would be the last option. Let's see.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 10:55   #2622
Distinguished - BHPian
 
neil.jericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Cochin
Posts: 1,647
Thanked: 4,395 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Later I installed pioneer music system from outside and I purchased Honda City 15 inch alloys from showroom itself.
Im beginning to find the OEM alloys a little boring and have been tossing and turning between the following ideas
1. Go for the WRVs 16 inch alloys. Best looking option but with bigger wheels, new tires will have to come in. Biggest hit on the wallet. Since the WRV is a taller Jazz, no real issues expected with the shift.
2. Go for the City's 15 inch alloys. I can reuse the same tires. How much did the set of 4 City alloys come to?
3. Get the current OEM alloys painted. Lightest on the wallet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahulskumar View Post
Last image is the front fog lamps with DRL. One switch was already present in the kit. I ordered one additional switch for DRL (from aliexpress). Fog and DRL are independent, but must be careful to switch them off.
The end result looks lovely!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishfull View Post
Oh I miss a lot of things. The build, drivability, and the steering. I miss that steering the most. But then my punto was the base model, and I did not even have central lock (or a music system, for that matter). Considering all that, punto is like a dinosaur in front of jazz . And one thing I am not going to miss is the service center visits. Those were real nightmares. Once I went to fix a broken headlight, and they tried to bill me 75k saying I need to replace my clutch, break pads and timing chain
I got around 45k plus OEM bucket mats.
I moved from a Punto 1.2 Emotion to the Jazz. That suspension and steering feel were a perfect combination that masked the lack of real power in many situations. I remember on long highway drives a few years ago, when a lot of the flyover work was happening in Tamil Nadu and Kerala, all the big fancy cars would zoom past me on the open stretches. But when the bad roads and detours came up, they would slow down to a crawl and I could easily catch up and overtake them thanks to the amazing suspension of the Fiat .
neil.jericho is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 11:44   #2623
BHPian
 
rahulskumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: All Over
Posts: 207
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Im beginning to find the OEM alloys a little boring and have been tossing and turning between the following ideas
1. Go for the WRVs 16 inch alloys. Best looking option but with bigger wheels, new tires will have to come in. Biggest hit on the wallet. Since the WRV is a taller Jazz, no real issues expected with the shift.
2. Go for the City's 15 inch alloys. I can reuse the same tires. How much did the set of 4 City alloys come to?
.

When I wanted to upgrade to 16 inch alloys from City, service advisor from Trivandrum told me it might affect the drive shafts and the CVT transmission system. He knew about my highway running. Already Jazz has hard suspension, I was thinking to move to the 14 inch wheels with higher profile (which used to come with the older gen base variant). 16 inch will make it stiffer due to lower profile. I had experimented with 185/65 R15 last month but I reverted back to 175/65 due to handling. I felt as if it was straining the steering rack assembly and the car felt floating.

Honda guys and even in OLX you will see people selling OEM alloys for insane prices. I asked showroom guys to provide me the breakup

Overall they will quote around 35600.
1. Alloy wheel : 6400 per piece ( 25600 for 4 )
2. Lug nuts: 1000 per piece ( 4000 for 4 )
3. Honda OEM wheel cap hub: 1400 per piece ( 5600 for 4 ) - Never buy these plastic ones.

I just purchased the wheels from them. We can reuse the original nuts and I ordered hub caps from Aliexpress (58 mm). One of the advantages of buying from showroom is that these alloy designs are already tested. In case one of the alloys gets damaged we can order a single piece. I was not satisfied with the quality of alloy wheels available in the local market. I shortlisted HRS H770 but I could not get hold of black rims. The other one was Momo Hyperstar Evo ( 6J ). In Kerala it is very difficult to source 5.5 J alloys with proper PCD. Most of them are 6.5 and 7J. If you have budget, you should check out Momo range. You should be able to use your original tyres with them. The minimum quote I received for Momo's were 38k which was out of my budget. Let me know if you can source them at a cheaper rate

Last edited by rahulskumar : 17th July 2019 at 11:59.
rahulskumar is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 12:24   #2624
BHPian
 
Vishfull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Kochi
Posts: 39
Thanked: 28 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Has anybody tried painting the jazz alloys? I feel some detailing would do wonders to the looks of those alloys -a black and silver combination may be? Will be lite on the pocket also. I loved the all black look of exclusive edition too.
Vishfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2019, 13:47   #2625
BHPian
 
rahulskumar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: All Over
Posts: 207
Thanked: 252 Times
Default Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishfull View Post
Has anybody tried painting the jazz alloys? I feel some detailing would do wonders to the looks of those alloys -a black and silver combination may be? Will be lite on the pocket also. I loved the all black look of exclusive edition too.
Did you mean dual tone? Try to sell the original ones and get new alloys. I have seen some DIY threads in team bhp https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-alloy-wheel-section/9965-alloy-refinishing-painting-powder-coating-chroming-12.html (Alloy Refinishing - Painting / Powder-coating / Chroming)
rahulskumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Got Jazz'd! - Tafeta White Honda Jazz JRD Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 32 25th November 2010 17:14
Honda to raise car prices, and Jazz launch soon. EDIT : Jazz spotted testing on pg.14 GeekSrik The Indian Car Scene 463 9th March 2010 11:17
HONDA JAZZ Specs : Sometimes, we have to pay to be (jazz)y in our country sidindica The Indian Car Scene 507 10th June 2009 15:32


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:54.

Copyright 2000 - 2020, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks