Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2019, 12:09   #2716
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn.vishnu View Post
Thanks Soumen; Manufacturing was July 2019; OTR was 10L with additional warranty , RSA , Honda Assure Zero Dep Insurance.

10L for a top version Jazz VX CVT including everything is a great deal. Did you bargain or was this under some scheme?
ani_meher is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th September 2019, 17:00   #2717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_meher View Post
10L for a top version Jazz VX CVT including everything is a great deal. Did you bargain or was this under some scheme?
Thanks ani_meher; bhpian Overlander helped me in getting this sweet deal.
cn.vishnu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 14:20   #2718
BHPian

I think Honda dealerships generally give good discounts. Last December, I got my Jazz VX for an on road price of 9.75 along with zero-dep Honda insurance and the usual pillows and floor mats. The sales guy told me that I was a hard bargainer and he had never given such discount before. I'm sure he was trying to pump me up and that they were desperate to reduce the inventory
Old 30th September 2019, 14:16   #2719
BHPian

First two months of Honda Jazz VX CVT ownership.

A big hello to everyone.

I picked up my brand new Radiant Red Honda Jazz VX CVT on 19th July and thought I’d mention a few experiences.
Note to self – Don’t ever buy a new car during the monsoon season. It’s heart breaking.

For the first 2 days I employed the services of our resident car cleaner then suddenly it dawned on me and I stopped them because they were just rubbing a 20 year old dirty rag, which had changed many colours over the years, over the dirt and we all know that’s the best way to have your car covered with scratches.
Anyway, since then I’ve been trying so hard to keep the car sparkling clean but of course every time I wash the car it rains! It’s like if more rain is needed all you have to do is call me and I’ll wash my car, Surely it will come down hard immediately.

After a month or so I noticed air bubbles like marks on the front bumper. This started to spread and covered the front right bumper (drivers side). My heart sank at this horrible sight and off I went, fuming, to the dealer. I expected them to start blaming me for it and trying to get out of the situation as dealers normally do. I must say that I was pleasantly surprised when the head of marketing came down to see it and told me that he will personally come with me to the service center and sort this out. When we reached the service center he introduced me to the GM there and three of us discussed it in his office. After which they washed the car to inspect it in detail to see if the air bubbles were localized or spreading. (by the way, it started to rain heavily immediately just as they finished washing the car). Then they polished the bumper and hey presto! The marks had gone.
They said it was caused by water dripping from rusted pipes above the car in the underground parking. Who would have thought. Has any one else had this problem? Now I reverse park into my space so problem solved. I’m hoping this won’t happen again.

So far I’m impressed with the car in general. The engine is very smooth and it's extremely spacious for a car that size. It could have had more features for a top end model like magic seats, rear headrests, height adjust for passenger and rear a/c vents. Shocked at the height of the arm rest. Honda is too much of an iconic company to overlook this. I wonder if the Jazz/Fit sold in other countries also have the same arm rest. Unforgivable.
Worldchamp 2019 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2019, 17:08   #2720
BHPian

Does Jazz have brake wear indicator. My brake pads squeak from the beginning and now I've covered 34k kms. Sometimes the brakes feel like its new but sometimes I dont get any feel. I got hold of Brembo ceramic pads from United Motors, just wanted to double check if we have any indicator on dashboard for brake wear.

I came back to TVM for few days and had some time to re-wire the pillar lamps properly, applied silicon sealant to avoid rain water enter the rear door panel. Replaced the parking lights with osram led's and reverted to the steel rims. The contis are behaving properly as it should. Sometimes the lower variants are more comfortable . Honda should have provided 195/60 with the alloy variants. The feel with 175 contis and steel rims is similar to 195/60 with alloys.

Attaching some pics
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20190923_122246.jpg  

Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20190923_125918.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th October 2019 at 21:44. Reason: breaks > brakes.
Old 12th October 2019, 19:51   #2721
BHPian

Performed a 60K Kms Service at Capital Honda, Meenambakkam for my 2015 Jazz. Was charged Rs 8315/-. As usual there were recommendations for various motor care treatments from SA and I gave a firm NO for all of them. The new one seems to be the headlight glass correction which removes the yellowy shade.
Battery test recommends a replacement and I'm yet to finalize on it. Are the aftermarket horns (Roots Windtone) power hungry?

Can I wait for the replacement? What does the report look like?

If you think a picture is enough to make a decision, then, the image below made me to buy my Jazz in the same color.
@suhaas307 @Vid6639 Who ever has clicked this photo is my first SA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
The Honda Jazz has been launched in India at a price of between Rs. 5.31 - 8.59 lakhs (ex-Delhi).

This review has been jointly compiled with Vid6639. Thanks to him for the expert observations & photography!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-6a98ea08744945a49effb15d6a67c997.jpeg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th October 2019 at 21:43. Reason: Back to back posts merged. Please edit your first post and add content if re-posting within 30 mins. Thanks.
Old 12th October 2019, 21:19   #2722
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
If you think a picture is enough to make a decision, then, the image below made me to buy my Jazz in the same color.
@suhaas307 @Vid6639 Who ever has clicked this photo is my first SA.
Lol. My reference, is Radiant red, silver, white, in that order. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
The new one seems to be the headlight glass correction which removes the yellowy shade.
Battery test recommends a replacement and I'm yet to finalize on it. Are the aftermarket horns (Roots Windtone) power hungry?
4 years is nearly eol, but my WagonR battery lasted nearly 6 years.
What is that "new thing" you mention? How do they remove the yellowish colour of the HL?
Power horns shortening g battery life is news to me. Drain a battery, on a vehicle that does not run much (1k Km per month is sufficient, IMO) is understandable.
BaCkSeAtDrIVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2019, 18:07   #2723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaCkSeAtDrIVeR View Post
What is that "new thing" you mention? How do they remove the yellowish colour of the HL?
Didn't enquire much about this. I wasn't ready for any explanation from the SA and I simply said NO for any additional services.

Quote:
Power horns shortening g battery life is news to me. Drain a battery, on a vehicle that does not run much (1k Km per month is sufficient, IMO) is understandable.
This is a new and only addition to the car and hence the question. Battery test in the last service (6 months back) was showing a normal condition.
I drive a minimum of 60Kms a day and my monthly drive is around 1300- 1500 Kms.
Old 15th October 2019, 00:27   #2724
Vmv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cn.vishnu View Post
Hi Guys,

Yesterday got Delivery of my Radiant Red Jazz VX CVT. After delivery straight away upgraded the tyres to Michelin Primacy 4ST with 195 60 Profiles.

Absolutely love the way she drives. Still getting a feel of driving AT's.

Thanks to dear friend and bhpian Overlander for his guidance to own this beauty.
I've done the same in 2017, out from showroom and changed the tyres to P3ST 195/60. And the car worth good pair of shoes.
The inputs are from TEAM - BHP, of course !
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-20171225_152555_20191015002548142_20191015002629882.jpg  

Vmv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2019, 08:51   #2725
BHPian

Quote:
Lol.What is that "new thing" you mention? How do they remove the yellowish colour of the HL?
There are a few guys who do this. I got it done in the Scorpio at Bangalore for Rs 650 each light 4 months back. A couple of months back I got it done in another car in Hyderabad for Rs. 1000. In neither places the fellows allowed me to see the process. Apparently it involves removing the glass from the HL assembly and cleaning them with some chemical. It takes around 2 hours. The glass is fixed again using some transparent adhesive. I was asked to not wash the car for two days. I'm very happy with the result. There's no fogging or seepage of water in the light and both lights look like new. I was assured a minimum of two years of non-fading life.
Old 15th October 2019, 10:08   #2726
BHPian

Hii gents, this festive season we got home the Honda Jazz CVT VX variant. Its been a week already and the car has made my weekly commute a pleasure .
Currently have added Honda original car seat covers, Amazon purchased floor mats and mudflaps. The dealership also had OEM DRL lights which i got fitted prior delivery. Though not completely white, does look much better than the Faux blanks which come installed in place of the DRL's in the Indian variant.
Intend to do under body Silencer and Anti Rust coating along with the CR 70 film in the coming days at 3M.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_0372.jpg  

Last edited by vinitbhavi : 15th October 2019 at 10:21. Reason: additional lnfo
vinitbhavi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 18th October 2019, 20:44   #2727
Senior - BHPian

6 months update:
Odo stands at 6500kms & the engine seems to have opened up nicely. In a recent highway trip(~200kms, with 4 adults onboard) it returned amazing FE numbers. First 100kms I maintained 80-90kmph with occasional usage of cruise control & the MID showed 20.7kmpl on odo. Post that it started pouring heavily and all the wipers, defoggers etc came into play. Ended up with 17.8kmpl at the end. 40kms was in city and rest on highway.
Honda Jazz : Official Review-img_20191007_195303.jpg

Now it's time for the 3rd free service. I assume engine oil is to be changed in this one? Voice control is acting up , so will get that checked. Anything else to look out for specifically in this service? Thanks in advance

Last edited by SoumenD : 18th October 2019 at 20:45.
Old 23rd October 2019, 16:58   #2728
BHPian

This is a question for 2015 VX model owners only. Not relevant for others.

I changed my car's battery and the clock in the infotainment system has got reset to 2012. Does anyone know how to set the date and time? VX model 2015 system.
Old 27th October 2019, 13:20   #2729
BHPian

Hii folks has anyone updated the wallpaper on the Digipad 2.0 which seems like a nice feature to have but the official video from Honda shows the USB drive connected to an extension cable. Can the USB be connected to one of the two ports (1.5A and 1.0 A ) directly or will it need an external attachment to transfer the pictures for wallpaper.

Old 27th October 2019, 17:09   #2730
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Can the USB be connected to one of the two ports (1.5A and 1.0 A ) directly or will it need an external attachment to transfer the pictures for wallpaper.
You can use the 1.5A port to connect USB Drive. Don't need any external attachment.
Vishfull is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks