Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2019, 12:35   #2746
Senior - BHPian

Re: Honda Jazz : Official Review

Current odo: 7800kms(in 7 months)

With 3rd service out of the way it was time to check out the full potential of the engine/transmission combo. Wanted to test sports-mode(paddles primarily) and cruise control. So hit NH44 which is my favorite road around bangalore to enjoy driving & some good food(nice restaurants on the highway). Paddles are real fun to use when you keep the engine on boil(>3-4k RPM). It holds on to the step(7-steps) as long as you want. But yeah if your RPM drops below certain limit it will drop a step/gear automatically. Cruise control worked like charm as well. Used it for close to 70-80 kms. At S7, while doing 100kmph the engine feels pretty relaxed at <2000RPM. 3 digit speed stability was reassuring specially considering my previous ride(Maruti Estilo) felt like a boat past 80kmph on highways. The extra 200kgs(Estilo was 865kgs, Jazz CVT is 1066kgs) made its presence felt with the planted drive.

Some customary clicks near Krishnagiri Dam.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-76702377_2515909245110997_7694773264739991552_n.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-76174833_2515909155111006_4763918093397262336_n.jpg

Honda Jazz : Official Review-76643693_2515909015111020_871246163376865280_n.jpg

Since it was a spirited drive MID figure stood at 16.7kmpl at end of the trip. Earlier on same stretch I have achieved 19+kmpl as well when driven sedately.

Honda Jazz : Official Review-75576538_2515909468444308_6732180615925334016_n.jpg

Question to Everyone : I have got 4th year extended warranty free while purchasing. Was wondering if I can buy 5th year as well now itself? As per the SA , I have to wait till 4th year warranty expires and then buy the 5th which sounds wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinitbhavi View Post
Let's get done with the not so good things first
1) Even the top-end variant CVT VX doesn’t have mudflaps and same must be installed/ paid for separately
4) The so-called compulsory accessory package of floor mats and pillow is quite disappointing, especially with the cheap feel of the mats which are literally paper-thin.
6) The abysmal performance of the Android Auto which I use extensively on daily commute. I have to yet test out Apple car play with my primary device which is the iPhone (heard performance is better). Avoided until now to achieve better battery performance of the iPhone.
+1. Missing mudflaps in a 10+L car is criminal. I tried checking out some accessory shops but ultimately bit the bullet and bought the mudflaps for ~2200INR. Android auto indeed is troublesome, but if you use iPhone you are covered. I have been using Apple carplay for ~7 months now & it works flawlessly.

Quote:
Few queries :
- The different tyre pressure in front/ rear is cumbersome, is it really necessary. Would all round 32 suffice?
Well, I prefer maintaining recommended tyre pressure, so go with 32 at front and 30 at rear. Am sure manufacturers recommended it for a reason. Maybe the engine & transmission make it front heavy? Not sure.
Quote:
- The average on the ODO hovers around 10 at best in city traffic. Will this improve
Well depends on the kind of traffic. But in terms of average its bang in between i20 & baleno. Don't expect much improvement after engine oil change(3rd service) as well. But with time once you get used to the engine-transmission behavior automatically you will notice slightly better numbers.

Last edited by SoumenD : 21st November 2019 at 12:59.
SoumenD is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2019, 16:22   #2747
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
Ideally no. But since engine is new it is better to keep under 100kmph until you hit 2000/3000 kilometers on ODO.

Perhaps after first oil change. Nothing much till then.
Thanks Rajiv, that wont be much of a challenge especially in Mumbai Traffic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Nice observations.

Few pointers from my end:

Even I added the front and rear mudflaps as DIY (bought from amazon)

Yup have installed the same Honda once at the steep price as well

The engine would open up and the pickup from standstill shall improve after 10k kms.

The OEM Honda carpet type mats are quite nice IMO - I added a heel pad (DIY) on the driver side mat.

The Digipad 2.0 has it's fair share of gremlins - faced quite a few ssues and have resolutions for almost all of them. Do ping me if you get stuck.

Well noted thanks for that , the maps is what gets stuck

You can keep the tire pressure 32 all around, but it would result in a bouncy ride if you are the only one in the car. As 90% time I am the single person in the car, I keep it 32 front and 30 rear.
Yup same here mostly drive alone.

Thats a great idea for mats, these are the ones I sourced.

https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B0164DJ4U8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Current odo: 7800kms(in 7 months)

Well depends on the kind of traffic. But in terms of average its bang in between i20 & baleno. Don't expect much improvement after engine oil change(3rd service) as well. But with time once you get used to the engine-transmission behavior automatically you will notice slightly better numbers.
Lovely pics Soumen and even nice fuel figures
The HP pp on my route has 4 air hoses and fills all at once its a repeat job else.
vinitbhavi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2019, 12:06   #2748
BHPian

Hii folks, have finally started using the Sports mode on my CVT VX variant. My comments on below:
Definitely a better pick up and ride.
The engine noise is more audible though, mostly the grunt of the engine and engine revs are high prior flattening out.
My question is if we can move from D- S- D on the fly. We need to push the lock button the gear stick. But will changing on the fly cause any damage to the gears.
Is it important to stop completely prior changing over the gears This is not a practical situation though.
I have the same above query of N-D-N , do we need to stop completely or same can be done on the fly.
Being my first automatic have this noon question.
Thanks in advance.
Old 26th November 2019, 12:49   #2749
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hii folks, have finally started using the Sports mode on my CVT VX variant. My comments on below:
Definitely a better pick up and ride.
The engine noise is more audible though, mostly the grunt of the engine and engine revs are high prior flattening out.
My question is if we can move from D- S- D on the fly. We need to push the lock button the gear stick. But will changing on the fly cause any damage to the gears.
Is it important to stop completely prior changing over the gears This is not a practical situation though.
I have the same above query of N-D-N , do we need to stop completely or same can be done on the fly.
Being my first automatic have this noon question.
Thanks in advance.

D-S-D can be done on the fly, no issues.

D-N I normally do once I am at a complete halt, else the revs might suddenly shoot up and rev limiter may come into play.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 12:36   #2750
BHPian

Guys I completed 5k in my Jazz vx cvt. I think the car has started vibrating a bit. It is especially noticeable in the morning cold start. I could notice it throughout the day. Could feel it in the steering wheel; and in the accelerator pedal if I don't use my shoes.

During my third service, I told about this to the SA, but he or his supervisor couldn't identify anything and told me this is normal. I asked them to let me try with another CVT Jazz, but unfortunately none was available at that time.

Now I am confused. Am I imaging it? When I asked my wife to check, she too diff not feel anything. Have any of you experienced something like this? Though I am driving cars for almost a decade, I still consider myself as a novice in this matter.
Old 1st December 2019, 14:12   #2751
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishfull View Post
Guys I completed 5k in my Jazz vx cvt. I think the car has started vibrating a bit. It is especially noticeable in the morning cold start. I could notice it throughout the day. Could feel it in the steering wheel; and in the accelerator pedal if I don't use my shoes.
I suspect that with temperatures dropping, it could be due to the oil thickening in the morning, especially if you are using dealer supplied oil. Since I shifted to Idemitsu Zepro 0W20, there is virtually no difference in engine sound and feel between a morning cold start and warm start.

Other reasons could be mechanical / injection related but your car is too new.

To get this checked properly at the dealer, leave your car overnight at their place and ask them to start it (and other cars) in your presence in the morning.

Last edited by vipul_singh : 1st December 2019 at 14:15.
vipul_singh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2019, 16:47   #2752
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackasta View Post
Nice observations.

The Digipad 2.0 has it's fair share of gremlins - faced quite a few ssues and have resolutions for almost all of them.
Hi, I am facing a funny issue with my Samsung and Android auto in jazz vx. Upon starting the digipad it says follow instructions on the phone but I get no instructions whatsoever in my phone. I tried everything usual, uninstalled android auto and reinstalled, forget phone and re connect. It still keeps showing the same error. Any pointers? Stupid question: which of the two usb ports allow android auto access? Can it be used via Bluetooth too? Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd December 2019, 00:28   #2753
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaKilo View Post
Hi, I am facing a funny issue with my Samsung and Android auto in jazz vx. Upon starting the digipad it says follow instructions on the phone but I get no instructions whatsoever in my phone. I tried everything usual, uninstalled android auto and reinstalled, forget phone and re connect. It still keeps showing the same error. Any pointers? Stupid question: which of the two usb ports allow android auto access? Can it be used via Bluetooth too? Thanks in advance.
Use the USB port which has the image of a phone on the lid. The other one is simply a charging port.
In the phone, go to android auto->settings->auto launch and set the option to auto launch android auto once the cable is plugged in.
Android auto requires physical cable and cannot be run over bluetooth. The bluetooth connectivity however can be used for calls etc.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 14:24   #2754
BHPian

Quote:

During my third service, I told about this to the SA, but he or his supervisor couldn't identify anything and told me this is normal. I asked them to let me try with another CVT Jazz, but unfortunately none was available at that time.

Now I am confused. Am I imaging it? When I asked my wife to check, she too diff not feel anything. Have any of you experienced something like this? Though I am driving cars for almost a decade, I still consider myself as a novice in this matter.
Hi. I had the same problem with my Jazz VX CVT when it hit 2k. Suddenly one day i could feel the vibrations especially on the steering wheel and the gas pedal. Off I went to the Honda service center. The problem is, most dealers already have a ready made answer for these type of issues which is "Its like that only Sir thank you for coming" (In the same breath). Much to their amusement, before the test drive, I told them that I'm sure this is what they would say. Anyway, they called for the demo car from the showroom for me to drive and compare. The demo car had nearly 15k on the clock and rattled away like an old banger so obviously one can't and shouldn't compare it to a brand new car. The manager did tell me that the Jazz is very sensitive on the tyres and that I should always maintain the recommended pressures at all times. Also sometimes the grooves of the tires are filled with little stones that could cause this vibration.

The vibrations continued until about 3.5 k and now it's smooth again. I'm sure it will be ok for you too.

I had another problem. After around 2k whilst turning the steering to park the car, there was a noise like a rubbing sound. It came from behind the horn pad. It's like that is rubbing against something. When I asked them about this they said they checked it on the new display car in the showroom and "Its like that only Sir" so I just left! Sometimes it's like talking to a wall. Washed the car yesterday with my own pressure washer and when I drove it back to my parking space the noise had gone. A bit flummoxed at this, I wish I knew what i did right!
Worldchamp 2019 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2019, 18:33   #2755
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldchamp 2019 View Post
Jazz is very sensitive on the tyres and that I should always maintain the recommended pressures at all times. Also sometimes the grooves of the tires are filled with little stones that could cause this vibration.
This is something new for me - never heard this before. Let me check my tires too. Hope the vibration goes away soon like your did.
Old 11th December 2019, 17:27   #2756
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldchamp 2019 View Post
"Its like that only Sir" so I just left! Sometimes it's like talking to a wall.
Completely Agree! They have some service adviser's who make you fell like

Will share you a simple example.

My Jazz completed 55,000 Kms.

During the service i did at around 45,000 kms i was given an recommendation report that the brake pads are the near end of the life and need to be changed.

During the 55,000 kms service , when enquired on the replacement, the same SA said , the brake pads are fine and can go for another 10,000 kms. When asked why there was a recommendation last time and now that it did not need to be replaced, i received a beautiful reply.

" Sir , your driving might have improved. No need to change the brake pads !".
I came home a confused man.

The reliability of the cars saves these dealers.
Vivek-Bharathy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 17:41   #2757
BHPian

Mod note: Back to back post, use Multi Quote [Quote+] instead.

Quote:
This is something new for me - never heard this before. Let me check my tires too. Hope the vibration goes away soon like your did.
Don't worry and enjoy the car. It definitely will go away soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy View Post
I came home a confused man.

The reliability of the cars saves these dealers.

What a gem of a reply. Classic. .

Last edited by Jaggu : 11th December 2019 at 17:47.
Old 11th December 2019, 17:52   #2758
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivek-Bharathy View Post
amazing reply. I request you to check the real state of your brakepads personally and confirm the same. This seems to be a trick to extract money from customer. Also check how much work you got done at 45k vs. 55k. If the profit to earn from a service is less they will add some extra things. Maybe your 55k service bill was high enough for them to admire your driving improvement

Last edited by rajivtelang : 11th December 2019 at 17:56.
rajivtelang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2019, 18:14   #2759
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivtelang View Post
amazing reply. I request you to check the real state of your brakepads personally and confirm the same. This seems to be a trick to extract money from customer. Also check how much work you got done at 45k vs. 55k. If the profit to earn from a service is less they will add some extra things. Maybe your 55k service bill was high enough for them to admire your driving improvement
May be Honda has regenerative ( not sure if i am using the right word ) brake pads . I checked and found to be okay in a local mechanic shop.
Old 16th December 2019, 12:44   #2760
BHPian

Hi Guys, I just got a new Samsung A50 phone. Turned the blue tooth on but it is not reading the usual "Honda Navi". The phone is recognizing every other device around except the Honda Navi. Any advice? or do I have to go to the service center for this?
Worldchamp 2019 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks